PDA

View Full Version : Football Cutler and Favre

Hootie
12-29-2008, 08:12 AM
They should drop out of the Pro Bowl and let Rivers and Pennington, deserving of the pro bowl, take their spots.

I'm sure Favre will...considering he is about the most overrated QB of all time. Jesus. It's a good thing his name is Brett Favre...if Tony Romo is a choker...I can only imagine what Brett Favre would be if it weren't for that three year stretch in the 90's...

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 08:17 AM
holy shit

you're now comparing romo to brett favre?

LOL, nevermind any response I've ever made to you. You're delusional so you probably don't understand anyway.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Favre won't play, he's having an MRI on his shoulder.

memyselfI
12-29-2008, 08:19 AM
They should drop out of the Pro Bowl and let Rivers and Pennington, deserving of the pro bowl, take their spots.

I'm sure Favre will...considering he is about the most overrated QB of all time. Jesus. It's a good thing his name is Brett Favre...if Tony Romo is a choker...I can only imagine what Brett Favre would be if it weren't for that three year stretch in the 90's...

How could AFC QBs take Romo's spot?

MikeMaslowski
12-29-2008, 08:19 AM

that pesky, unimportant three years.

J Diddy
12-29-2008, 08:20 AM
How could AFC QBs take Romo's spot?

lol

thats fuuny

MikeMaslowski
12-29-2008, 08:22 AM
Favre won't play, he's having an MRI on his shoulder.

LT is having an mri on his leg, does that mean he won't play?

Just sayin...

Maybe Brett wants to say goodbye with a PB appearance.

Sure-Oz
12-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Favre has won a SB though and Romo hasn't

Hootie
12-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Favre has won a SB though and Romo hasn't
11 years ago.

MikeMaslowski
12-29-2008, 08:57 AM
11 years ago.

guess that doesn't count

Hootie
12-29-2008, 08:58 AM
guess that doesn't count

not after the countless chokes in the postseason...if you want a choker...this is your guy.

I can reference at least 5 games where his dumbassery single-handedly lost the Packers a game in the postseason.

MikeMaslowski
12-29-2008, 09:02 AM
not after the countless chokes in the postseason...if you want a choker...this is your guy.

I can reference at least 5 games where his dumbassery single-handedly lost the Packers a game in the postseason.

yeah... but... he has the jewelry...

that is an awesome argument....

And, just for shits could you reference those 5 games?

Frazod
12-29-2008, 09:06 AM

Must agree with Hootie - Favre is an overrated has-been. He's Rex Grossman with a horseshoe up his ass.

WilliamTheIrish
12-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Hoot/darth/satan... or all of you...

Favre probably should have retired. And I think you're just being the contrarian in this case, claiming Favre was / is a choker. The guy won a SB and led his team to another where they lost to another HoF'er.

He pretty much revived the GB franchise. They hadn't been in a playoff game since Lynn Dickey and Paul Coffman were there.

But continue on, I love watching these type of threads.

Hootie
12-29-2008, 09:11 AM
yeah... but... he has the jewelry...

that is an awesome argument....

And, just for shits could you reference those 5 games?

against the Giants last year and against Philly a few years ago when in overtime he decided it was a good idea to just chuck the ball off of his back foot 90 feet into the air on 1st down and it was picked off...one postseason game against someone a few years back he threw 6 picks...

I can't think of anymore off the top of my head so maybe 5 was extreme...but when he retired everyone kept saying that if they had one drive with the game on the line they'd want Favre as their QB...which I thought was pure insanity...I'd take Elway, Montana, Marino, Manning...even god damn Tom Brady over Brett Favre.

The Packers scored more offensive points on fewer offensive drives this year with Rodgers at QB...they had no defense...the defense won them games last year as much as Brett Favre.

MikeMaslowski
12-29-2008, 09:16 AM
against the Giants last year and against Philly a few years ago when in overtime he decided it was a good idea to just chuck the ball off of his back foot 90 feet into the air on 1st down and it was picked off...one postseason game against someone a few years back he threw 6 picks...

I can't think of anymore off the top of my head so maybe 5 was extreme...but when he retired everyone kept saying that if they had one drive with the game on the line they'd want Favre as their QB...which I thought was pure insanity...I'd take Elway, Montana, Marino, Manning...even god damn Tom Brady over Brett Favre.

The Packers scored more offensive points on fewer offensive drives this year with Rodgers at QB...they had no defense...the defense won them games last year as much as Brett Favre.

Yeah... I got all that.. just messing with you cuz you never answered my post about u being serious about giving up EVERY draft pic for Romo next year.....

Hootie
12-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah... I got all that.. just messing with you cuz you never answered my post about u being serious about giving up EVERY draft pic for Romo next year.....

Assuming we can't draft Stafford...who everyone says is the next Peyton Manning...yes, I'd give up every pick we have this year for Romo...a franchise QB.

dirk digler
12-29-2008, 09:17 AM
Hootie is just butt hurt that I called his boyfriend Romo a choker.

When Romo wins a SB...hell when he actually wins a playoff game I will quit calling him a choker. Until then he is Marty Jr.

But I do agree that Rivers and Pennington deserve to go to the Pro Bowl and I liked Madden's idea last night that they should wait until the end of the season to do the voting instead of doing it during the middle because alot of things change quickly.

MikeMaslowski
12-29-2008, 09:20 AM
Assuming we can't draft Stafford...who everyone says is the next Peyton Manning...yes, I'd give up every pick we have this year for Romo...a franchise QB.

God...that is just...ugh, i dont want to be negative.

like i said before... i will paraphrase... Romo couldnt do it with the overloaded cowgirls how could he do it with the lowly chiefs?