PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ***The Official HERM MUST BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY Reasoning and Statistics Repository***

Buehler445
12-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Much like the offseason moves repository htis used to do, I think we should use this as the official listing of all the reasons Herm should be fired immediately. Feel free to contribute your thoughts.

I robbed some of the stuff in Rainman's Record thread here (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=199096)

General Ineptitude
2-14 in 2008
4-12 in 2007
2-23 in last 25 games
15-34 (30.6 winning %) in 3 years as Chiefs HC
56-77 (42.1 winning %) Career
Longest losing streak in Chiefs history.
Worst season record
Most losses in a 2 year span (26) in Chiefs History.
Most losses at home (7)
Most points allowed in Franchise History
Herm said "Practice always goes well. It's those games we have trouble with."

Personnel Moves
Croyle as QBOTF with no backup (I'm looking at you Huard)
Alfonso Boone at LDE...Seriously
Moving Hali to RDE
Ty "your damn shoes" Law
The Medlock Fiasco
Novak over Barth
Huard started 2007
Damion McIntosh at RT over Taylor and Richardson
Adrian Jones at RG over anyone else on the roster
DJ at MLB
Jeff Webb continues to be on the roster
Gun remains employed
Krumrie remains employed
Kris Wilson at Fullback
Boomer at Fullback

Game Management
Wasted 2 timeouts in 1 play
Lost 8 games by 7 points or less in 2008
Herm decided to punt to Peyton Manning with 3:30 left on THIRD DOWN instead of seeing what his appointed QBOTF who played well to that point had.
Herm pulled a similar move with the game winding down with the Saints in 2008

Offensive Dumbassery
416 carries for LJ
No first downs in the first half of the Indy Playoff game
We ran the option...WTF?!

Defensive Dumbassery
NOTE: Herm was brought in as a defensive guy
Fewest season sacks in NFL history
Most points yeilded in 1 game by a chiefs team (54 vs Buffalo)
Chiefs gave up 2543 rushing yards in 2008
The return of the 32 D

FringeNC
12-29-2008, 09:52 AM
Fire Herm now, and watch season ticket sales spike.

Agent V
12-29-2008, 09:54 AM
But he's such a nice guy. Let's keep him.

Agent V
12-29-2008, 09:55 AM

You bet your ass they'll spike.

Remember, he also punted the ball to Drew Brees in the same fashion as Peyton Manning.

boogblaster
12-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Nice guys finish at the bottom ... Herm is a nice guy but that don't win games ...

alpha_omega
These are all good reasons, but i only need one:

2-23.

BigChiefFan
You had me at hello.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Post of the year B!!!!

I would rep you AGAIN, but I have to spread it around first...

Agent V
12-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Nice guys finish at the bottom ... Herm is a nice guy but that don't win games ...

He also kisses the media's ass, so that helps his cause. I have trouble believing a man who blames his players and NEVER takes a shred of responsibility is a nice guy.

RedThat
12-29-2008, 10:04 AM

2-23.

Stop it! Just stop

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowser
12-29-2008, 10:04 AM
I've never seen a team so unable/unwilling to make halftime adjustments. And if they DID make adjustments, they were consistantly out-adjusted by the opponents.

Bowser
12-29-2008, 10:05 AM

2-23.

15-34 for his career here. Gunther Cunnignham won more games in two seasons than Herm did in three.

Bowser
12-29-2008, 10:21 AM
And of course, 810's streaming link crashes just as Petro's show is ready to go on air....

Chief Chief
12-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah, let's fire Herm and hire Marinelli...whoa! Mangini's on the loose!...no, wait - Crennel's now available...

Chief Pote
12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
The local newspaper in Columbus had a quote from Herm on the top of the sports page.

"Practice always goes well. It's those games we have trouble with." Herm Edwards, coach of the 2-13 Chiefs, who end their season Sunday playing the Bengals.
:banghead:

BigRedChief
12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
The local newspaper in Columbus had a quote from Herm on the top of the sports page.

"Practice always goes well. It's those games we have trouble with." Herm Edwards, coach of the 2-13 Chiefs, who end their season Sunday playing the Bengals.
:hmmm:

Dave Lane
12-29-2008, 10:55 AM

Holy crap did he really say that OMFG!!!

Chief Pote
12-29-2008, 11:02 AM

Yup....link, check the bottom of the page.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/search/search.jsp?keyword=edwards&sNum=10&source=dispatch&sortBy=relevancy

MikeMaslowski
12-29-2008, 11:04 AM

I bet Larry runs through our front 7 and Thiggy tears apart our secondary..

We Play to Win in Practice....

Buehler445
12-29-2008, 11:08 AM

http://www.dispatch.com/live/search/search.jsp?keyword=edwards&sNum=10&source=dispatch&sortBy=relevancy

Fucking Christ Herm is a giant waste of space.

I added that to the list.

Here's the Link (http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2008/12/26/quote_1226.ART_ART_12-26-08_D2_8OCBH4U.html)

kcchuck
12-29-2008, 11:11 AM
We can't run the ball, we can't stop the run, he was brought into "fix" the defense, THREE FREAKING YEARS AGO!

Lzen
12-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Herm decided to punt to Peyton Manning with 3:30 left on THIRD DOWN instead of seeing what his appointed QBOTF who played well to that point had.

What was this?

Buehler445
12-29-2008, 11:42 AM
What was this?

2007 game at Indy. Here were my initial thoughts....

I know when I lost my faith in Herm. It was in this year's Indy game. It was 3rd and 18 with 7:35 left in the game. Herm ran a draw play for 2 yards. As soon as I saw Kolby take the ball, I screamed at the TV, "You are punting to Peyton Manning you ****ing idiot!" and Manning took all the time and won the game.

Yeah, lots of coaches run the ball on third and long, but punting to Manning with the game on the line is a collosal mistake. All to gain 2 yards for your punter. You have to nut up and take a shot. If you take a sack for 5 yards, your kicker has to kick it 7 additoinal yards oh god! You have to ****ing try to win the game. You just have to.

To that point, I had put up with his BS, even though starting Huard pissed me off to no end. But that was it. There is most definitely a time to run the ball, play for field position, and let your defense do your thing. But there is also a time to exercise intestinal fortitude, put the ball in your playmakers hands and try to win the game.

Herm may make a decent coach someday, but at this point, he isn't it. All we can hope for is a offensive genius, because I don't think he's headed anywhere soon.

acesn8s
12-29-2008, 11:43 AM
He couldn't even provide a def. or off. line that was worth a flip. They can't run the ball or provide enough protection for a pocket passing QB. They cant stop the run or put any pressure on the opposing QB. The game is won or lost on that line. 9-7 with Vermeil's line but only 6-26 with his own.

R&GHomer
12-29-2008, 11:45 AM
I was on the fence yesterday morning. But if he can't get his team to play better against the Bengals, then screw him. Time to move on. The only coach that should remain is Gailey

SCTrojan
12-29-2008, 11:46 AM

2-23.

Game over. Herm seems like a good guy, and the players seem to rally to him, but this thing has got to be blown up.

Buehler445
12-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Game over. Herm seems like a good guy, and the players seem to rally to him, but this thing has got to be blown up.

I view it more like taken out behind the barn and beat to death with a shovel.

Hammock Parties
12-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Add Hali to RDE
Herm also punted to Drew Brees instead of going for a short fourth down in opponents' territory with the game winding down

Reerun_KC
12-29-2008, 03:32 PM

That is great can you give us a link? Please?

blueballs
12-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Herm is left out hanging in the breeze
dangling completely unprotected
I'm surprised some ain't enjoying the hell out of that

Dartgod
12-29-2008, 03:47 PM
That is great can you give us a link? Please?
Are you related to Herm in some way?

****ing Christ Herm is a giant waste of space.

I added that to the list.

Here's the Link (http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2008/12/26/quote_1226.ART_ART_12-26-08_D2_8OCBH4U.html)

Reerun_KC
12-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Are you related to Herm in some way?

If I was, I would hook you up for some you time with Herm...:D

Reerun_KC
12-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Someone needs to get that to 810 this afternoon...

Mama Hip Rockets
12-29-2008, 03:52 PM

i boycotted arrowhead this year. it was the first time i haven't gone to a game in several years. i can guarantee you right now that if herm is fired, i will definitely be back at arrowhead next year.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-29-2008, 04:03 PM

ROFL

has anyone started a thread (or even devoted an entire website) documenting all the marvelous quotations of herm edwards?

blueballs
12-29-2008, 04:05 PM
ROFL

has anyone started a thread (or even devoted an entire website) documenting all the marvelous quotations of herm edwards?

at the end of the day
someone surley will

Orlandochiefsgrl
12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Please fire yesterday!

Buehler445
12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Add Hali to RDE
Herm also punted to Drew Brees instead of going for a short fourth down in opponents' territory with the game winding down

Done.

KCChiefsMan
12-29-2008, 04:52 PM
signed. Herm needs to go like yesterday!

Buehler445
12-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Someone needs to get that to 810 this afternoon...

Open Email...

Copy...

Paste...

Click Send...

Or do you need a link for that too? :D

Buehler445
01-14-2009, 10:28 PM
I bumped this in hopes Pioli will read it.

I'm still taking contributions. In fact I added Boomer and Wilson at FB. Feel free to post more. I'm sure there's more.

Hammock Parties
01-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Too busy eating an entire meat-lover's pizza and scouting future HOFers...

BigRock
01-14-2009, 10:38 PM

I'm still taking contributions. In fact I added Boomer and Wilson at FB. Feel free to post more. I'm sure there's more.

Considering his daddy-in-law Parcells brought Boomer to the Dolphins as a fullback, I don't think that one is going to sway Pioli too heavily.

Buehler445
01-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Considering his daddy-in-law Parcells brought Boomer to the Dolphins as a fullback, I don't think that one is going to sway Pioli too heavily.

Maybe I should take him off, he was better than Wilson, but bottom line he spent a year and an offseason touting him only to promptly release him.

Reerun_KC
01-15-2009, 12:24 AM
Open Email...

Copy...

Paste...

Click Send...

Or do you need a link for that too? :D

Is that right or left click?

smittysbar
01-15-2009, 12:32 AM
It's a process

BigRedChief
01-15-2009, 07:24 AM
It's a process
That process better end with Herm gone.

And why doesn't the top thread mention Brittle Croyle. The QOTF? He was injured all the time in High School, colllege etc. We staked our future to this guy for 2 years. Thats some dumbassery right there.

BigRedChief
01-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Should Herm stay? Is he the guy? Ask yourself this......

If Scott Pioli was still in NE and Bill Bellicheck left for whatever reason would Pioli hire Herm as his first choice coach?

Buehler445
01-16-2009, 08:17 AM

And why doesn't the top thread mention Brittle Croyle. The QOTF? He was injured all the time in High School, colllege etc. We staked our future to this guy for 2 years. Thats some dumbassery right there.

Fixed.

EyePod
01-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Herm pulled a similar move with the game winding down with the Saints in 2008

I've found the Saints game (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=281116012&period=0), but when did that happen against the Colts? I checked the play-by-plays and couldn't find anything. Thanks!

EyePod
01-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Post of the year B!!!!

I would rep you AGAIN, but I have to spread it around first...

You and your VD.....

RINGLEADER
01-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Herm tries to hide behind the rebuilding mantra but when he said that he felt Gunther had done enough to earn another year he forfeited all rights to be involved in any meaningful way with this team.

Gunther has done nothing.

Gunther is a fraud.

Gunther is lost.

The same could be said for Herm.

EyePod
01-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I agree. I still don't think Herm is the problem. He isn't the solution though either. And his coordinators (THAT HE CHOSE) are the problem. Therefore, Herm must go. I don't think Pioli can keep him. Really. It's going down today. Quote me!

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2009, 11:09 AM
I agree. I still don't think Herm is the problem. He isn't the solution though either. And his coordinators (THAT HE CHOSE) are the problem. Therefore, Herm must go. I don't think Pioli can keep him. Really. It's going down today. Quote me!

You nailed it. But at the same time, the GM has power/responsibility to force a coordinator change when it isn't working--remember, Vermeil was pissed when he got stuck with Martz, but it was the right decision. Also, I know this is a controversial comment, but I must again point out that I'm leery about saying that Herm chose his coordinators. I think what's more likely is that Carl Peterson told Herm that he would have to keep the same coordinators, and Herm was okay with that because he didn't mind either Solari or Gun. Given that Peterson never opened up the interview process for the coordinators, we cannot know for sure if Herm would have chosen someone else for either position. My guess is, one of those two would NOT have been on his staff.

I think in most instances, you can point out that the Front Office was 75% of the problem and the coaches were 25% of the problem. It's still 25% too much, but in terms of the crappy decisions made on personnel and assistant coach decisions, the difference between KC and Baltimore and Pittsburgh and New England is not the head coaches, but the fact that they have front offices that would never let poor personnel/coaching decisions happen. It's like this: in ANY decision a head coach makes where the GM has veto power over (i.e. the coordinator decision--Herm can back Gun all he wants, but it's the GM's decision to keep or fire him), then the front office deserves the majority of the blame.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2009, 11:13 AM

The process should end with whatever Scott Pioli without any influence from anybody in the Chiefs' front office feels is best for the organization. I hope he gets that chance. More than likely, that won't be herm edwards.

R&GHomer
01-16-2009, 11:30 AM
15-34 for his career here. Gunther Cunnignham won more games in two seasons than Herm did in three.

:doh!: God could you people pls stop reminding us of that. I die just a little every time I read it.

Buehler445
01-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I've found the Saints game (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=281116012&period=0), but when did that happen against the Colts? I checked the play-by-plays and couldn't find anything. Thanks!

2007 @ Indy

3:30 might not be the correct time. It was about there though.