PDA

View Full Version : Football Cutler Acknowledges That the Broncos Stink

RINGLEADER
12-29-2008, 02:06 PM
So after losing to the San Diego Chargers by 31 and surrendering 52 points to a team that was 4-8 only a month ago, Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler likely realizes that the Chargers are really, really good, right?

Um, wrong.

In the wake of Sunday night’s loss at Qualcomm, Cutler told Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports that the Chargers aren’t very good — and that the Colts will beat them in the wild-card round.

“These guys?” Cutler said as he gestured to the Chargers players who were celebrating their stunning turnaround. “San Diego? No, I don’t think so. I think Indy’ll handle ‘em pretty good. We really can’t stop anybody, and that’s the bottom line.”

At a time when more and more people are questioning whether Cutler possesses the leadership skills necessary to becoming a successful NFL quarterback, comments like that will only fuel his critics.

The deeper question? Does any of this stick to the Teflon-coated head coach who is now ten years removed from his last Super Bowl win?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/29/cutler-acknowledges-that-the-broncos-stink/

Hootie
12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
Indy is my 2nd favorite team...they always have trouble with the Chargers...the Chargers are playing with house money...

If Indy beats San Diego I think they'll go to and win the Super Bowl...but I see San Diego as perhaps their biggest obstacle.

They had a better team last year and lost @ San Diego...Indy can't stop anyone on defense, either.

38-35, just like last year, and I see it going either way.

KCTitus
12-29-2008, 02:10 PM
That was a spanking that not even Ed Hochuli could save Denver from...I rather enjoyed that game.

DaWolf
12-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if you lost this year to the Chiefs, your team stinks.

And if you beat the Chiefs in two games by a combined two points, you're probably not a very good playoff representative either...

Bowser
12-29-2008, 02:12 PM
That was a spanking that not even Ed Hochuli could save Denver from...I rather enjoyed that game.

Yes.

My favorite part is where Cutler screams out WHAT THE FUCK, EDDIE?

Hootie
only thing is...the Chargers have nothing to lose...and sometimes that's a dangerous team in the playoffs.

OnTheWarpath15
So, he's not a leader because he's telling it like it is?

If Denver has even an average defense, they win the division going away.

Christ, what more can the kid do? He only carried the team on his back - no defense and 7 RB on IR later, and they STILL had a shot at the playoffs.

Hootie
12-29-2008, 02:13 PM

Christ, what more can the kid do? He only carried the team on his back - no defense and 7 RB on IR later, and they STILL had a shot at the playoffs.

Meh. He had an OK year...he was great in some games, and god awful in other games.

C+ season.

Basileus777
12-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Indy is my 2nd favorite team...they always have trouble with the Chargers...the Chargers are playing with house money...

If Indy beats San Diego I think they'll go to and win the Super Bowl...but I see San Diego as perhaps their biggest obstacle.

They had a better team last year and lost @ San Diego...Indy can't stop anyone on defense, either.

38-35, just like last year, and I see it going either way.

I'm thinking Pittsburgh is Indy's biggest obstacle. San Diego doesn't necessarily match up as well with Indy as in years past. They have no pass rush and a poor pass defense. The Colts problem on defense is their run defense, but the Chargers don't have a good run game.

Basileus777
12-29-2008, 02:15 PM

You can't call out your defense publicly no matter how much they suck. Cutler wasn't Denver's problem this year, but he still needs to keep his mouth shut.

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Meh. He had an OK year...he was great in some games, and god awful in other games.

C+ season.

:spock:

Typical KC fan line of thinking. Christ, with this thinking we'll never have a QB that the fans are satisfied with, the bar will be raised too fucking high.

The kid only threw for 4,000 yards, threw 25 TD's to 18 INT's and had a completion pecentage over 62% - all while having NO running game to help him. Opposing defenses knew he had to throw, and he was successful anyway.

I feel for the QB KC does draft. Better hit 5,000/40/10 or your a POS, kid.

Brock
12-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Jay's kind of a douchebag in case you hadn't noticed previously.

kaplin42
12-29-2008, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=Basileus777;5337070]I'm thinking Pittsburgh is Indy's biggest obstacle. QUOTE]

This.

Pitt is the team to beat from the AFC. They are the gate keepers and hold all the keys.

teedubya
12-29-2008, 02:35 PM
in a sense... our choking to the Chargers twice and beating the Broncos once... effectively knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs.

Frazod
12-29-2008, 02:44 PM
in a sense... our choking to the Chargers twice and beating the Broncos once... effectively knocked the Broncos out of the playoffs.

Well, that helps dull the pain of that last Chargers loss a bit. Goddamn that pissed me off. That's about as furious after a loss as I've ever been, and that was without a doubt the most epic choke job ever (the only saving grace was that it came at the tail end of a lost season).

Every defensive coach we have should already be fired.

kaplin42
12-29-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, that helps dull the pain of that last Chargers loss a bit. Goddamn that pissed me off. That's about as furious after a loss as I've ever been, and that was without a doubt the most epic choke job ever (the only saving grace was that it came at the tail end of a lost season).

Every defensive coach we have should already be fired.

Herm's a defensive minded coach, does that count for said firing?

Braincase
12-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Any chance Shawn Merriman can get a big dose of Tom Brady's knee infection?

Frazod
12-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Herm's a defensive minded coach, does that count for said firing?

He is? Really?

Wow, who knew? LMAO

Chiefaholic
12-29-2008, 03:49 PM
He is? Really?

Wow, who knew? LMAO

HELLO?...... You PLAY to WIN the DRAFT! :cuss:

ClevelandBronco
12-29-2008, 03:54 PM

This is true.

You can't call out your defense publicly no matter how much they suck. Cutler wasn't Denver's problem this year, but he still needs to keep his mouth shut.

And this is true.

Garcia Bronco
12-29-2008, 03:56 PM

Typically I agree, but today I don't. Those sorry bastards need to be called out. We played better defense when most of those guys were injured.

OnTheWarpath15
12-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Typically I agree, but today I don't. Those sorry bastards need to be called out. We played better defense when most of those guys were injured.

This.

ClevelandBronco
12-29-2008, 03:58 PM

They need to be called out by the defensive guys. Not by the guys on offense.

manchambo
12-29-2008, 04:19 PM
They need to be called out by the defensive guys. Not by the guys on offense.

I disagree, the QB is the leader of the whole team.

And I actually think this was a subtle jab at Shanahan and Slowik, moreso than at the players. I kind of like that he has the balls to do that.

blueballs
12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Royal started his sophmore slump yesterday
if he hadn't already

Garcia Bronco
12-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Royal started his sophmore slump yesterday
if he hadn't already

LMAO

91 catches
980 yards
5 TD's
Almost 2000 total yards
23 in receptions.

blueballs
12-29-2008, 04:27 PM
LMAO

91 catches
980 yards
5 TD's
Almost 2000 total yards
23 in receptions.

last night he looked Bowe like
maybe a glove change

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Jay's kind of a douchebag in case you hadn't noticed previously.I wish he was our douchebag.

Iowanian
12-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Cutler is a douche and has the same barber as the Crook-governor of Illinois....

Buehler445
12-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I don't know where I'm at with this. It is true. Absolutely true (thank GOD...It gives some joy to the season). But I don't know if it is his place to call out the D. Although Manning did it once. I think if I were a Dungver fan (:Lin:) I would prefer my QB STFU and try not to destroy team chemistry. Looking at the epic fail that is Dallas, I would think that I'd want to keep all the drama and petty shit the fuck out of the locker room.

KCChiefsMan
12-29-2008, 04:49 PM
only thing is...the Chargers have nothing to lose...and sometimes that's a dangerous team in the playoffs.

they're on the same level that every other wild card team is on.

unothadeal
12-29-2008, 04:50 PM
How many years removed is Herm from his SuperBowl win?

Buehler445
12-29-2008, 04:54 PM
How many years removed is Herm from his SuperBowl win?

But but Herm performed at a C level! [/Herm]

manchambo
12-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't know where I'm at with this. It is true. Absolutely true (thank GOD...It gives some joy to the season). But I don't know if it is his place to call out the D. Although Manning did it once. I think if I were a Dungver fan (:Lin:) I would prefer my QB STFU and try not to destroy team chemistry. Looking at the epic fail that is Dallas, I would think that I'd want to keep all the drama and petty shit the **** out of the locker room.

What type of chemistry do you think that defense had? And how could you possibly make it any worse?

The_Doctor10
12-29-2008, 05:18 PM

C+ season.

Give him even his top 3 Runningbacks throughout the season. When the defence KNOWS you're going to have to throw 30-40 times a game, you know how easy it is for good teams to stop that. Cutler to Marshall is going to be a deadly combo for the next 5-10 years, and with a decent defence and a healthy running game, look out. Even though nobody wants to see that...

Buehler445
12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
What type of chemistry do you think that defense had? And how could you possibly make it any worse?

See Dallas. It can always get worse.

SAUTO
12-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Give him even his top 3 Runningbacks throughout the season. When the defence KNOWS you're going to have to throw 30-40 times a game, you know how easy it is for good teams to stop that. Cutler to Marshall is going to be a deadly combo for the next 5-10 years, and with a decent defence and a healthy running game, look out. Even though nobody wants to see that...

QFT and it could be applied to the chiefs this year.

Taco John
12-29-2008, 07:41 PM
QFT and it could be applied to the chiefs this year.

How so?

KChiefs1
12-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Cutler is right....the Donkeys do suck!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-29-2008, 08:44 PM
:spock:

Typical KC fan line of thinking. Christ, with this thinking we'll never have a QB that the fans are satisfied with, the bar will be raised too fucking high.

The kid only threw for 4,000 yards, threw 25 TD's to 18 INT's and had a completion pecentage over 62% - all while having NO running game to help him. Opposing defenses knew he had to throw, and he was successful anyway.

I feel for the QB KC does draft. Better hit 5,000/40/10 or your a POS, kid.

What exactly is it you find so fucking compelling about that overrated, blowhard, Spiccoli-looking motherfucker?!

Nigga' PLEASE; I'd rather see the aborted man-love offspring of Steve Bono and Steve DeBerg taking snaps with his teeth and throwing with his one crooked arm before I'd let that COLOSSAL Donko Douchebag any where NEAR my fucking locker room.
And that goes for that little bitch Rivers too!

petegz28
12-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Cutler sucks

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Cutler sucks

Exactly. I look forward to a high powered Chiefs Defense maiming that motherfucker every time we meet, and for years.

petegz28
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Cutler's biggest problem is Cutler. He talks like he is the shit but has yet to do a fucking thing but bag on the teams that beat him.

richpjr
12-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Cutler should not be talking with the game he played yesterday. Everyone knows the Broncos suck and that the Chargers were going to put up a lot of points on them. So in the biggest game of his career with the division on the line, where the team is relying on him to come up big, he puts up a whopping 74 QB rating. His red-zone interception killed whatever chance they had of getting back in the game at the end of the first half. A TD there along with their TD to start the 2nd half and it's a 24-21 game and all the momentum is swinging back towards the Broncos. But he choked, plain and simple. And then throws his teammates under the bus.

For all the talk about how bad the Broncos running game is, they finished 12th in the league in rushing and 2nd in yards per attempt at 4.8. Yes they have had a ridiculous amount of injuries to their running backs, but that running back by committee approach seems to work pretty good. Hell, Tatum Bell averaged 10.8 yards per carry in that game.

And as for the Rivers thing - let it go dude. You just sound like a whiny little bitch.

jspchief
12-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Meh, so far Cutler has been more impressive as a fantasy QB than a real one. Yes, he puts up some stats, but he also makes a lot of bad decisions. It seems like every big game this year he came up with an INT to put the brakes on his team's chances.

They're either going to have to take the game off his shoulders, or he's gonna need to wise up a bit. Right now he's just a guy with a live arm and too much confidence.

Marcellus
12-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Cutler's biggest problem is Cutler. He talks like he is the shit but has yet to do a ****ing thing but bag on the teams that beat him.

Overrated douchbag. .