PDA

View Full Version : Poop I had my wisdom teeth removed today and I'm high as fuck

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 05:45 PM
I wasn't awake. I wasn't asleep. I was just, gone. Anesthesia is a serious drug. Going back to work tomorrow for the first time in like 10 days because of the snow we got up here. I don't know if I remember how to get there. Anyone have this done? How long until I can eat, drink, and smoke again?

phisherman
12-29-2008, 05:50 PM
keep taking the vicodins, lay off the smoking. you don't want dry sockets.

kcfanintitanhell
12-29-2008, 05:51 PM
It actually took 10 days for you to recover from getting your wisdom teeth removed?

MichaelH
12-29-2008, 05:53 PM
I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled at the same time. I had a hard time coming to from the anesthesia. I think it was because I had been fishing and drinking in Canada for a week before the surgery. I wasn't in much pain and after a few days felt pretty normal except for the 4 holes in the back of my mouth where the teeth used to be. It's really cool when food gets trapped in there too. Good Luck!

Scorp
12-29-2008, 05:53 PM
Anesthesia is a serious drug.

I free based Anesthesia once, it gave me amnesia!

I hope you saved the teeth for yourself. If you didn't the dentist will cash in from the tooth fairy. That is how the rich get richer.

Bowser
12-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Smoking is a crime punishable by death now. You HAVE been asleep for a long time.

SPATCH
12-29-2008, 05:55 PM
anesthesia is the shit, you are correct...

i got mine taken out when i was a senior in high school and i went out drinking that night... that was dumb. i got stupid drunk.

just don't drink out of a straw and try not to spit so that you don't get a dry socket. gargle some salt water every once in a while and you'll be golden.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:11 PM
It actually took 10 days for you to recover from getting your wisdom teeth removed?

Sorry, I'm stoned on percs. The surgery was this morning. My company was closed last week due to a bunch of snow in Seattle.

chasedude
12-29-2008, 06:12 PM
keep taking the vicodins, lay off the smoking. you don't want dry sockets.

This is good advice. Dry Sockets are very painful.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled at the same time. I had a hard time coming to from the anesthesia. I think it was because I had been fishing and drinking in Canada for a week before the surgery. I wasn't in much pain and after a few days felt pretty normal except for the 4 holes in the back of my mouth where the teeth used to be. It's really cool when food gets trapped in there too. Good Luck!

Jesus. Two of my teeth were buried, one was impacted. The whole point was to stop getting food caught in there. I was hoping the gums would grow over the gashing holes in my mouf.

blazzin311
12-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I just had all 4 of mine taken out on dec. 19. Make sure you use plenty of ice the first 2 days. 20 minsutes on. 10 minutes off. On day 3 do the same thing except use heat. Also day 3 start doing warm salt water rinses 2 or 3 times a day helps alot. I was told not to smoke for 5-7 days after surgery, but finally on day 4 about midday i gave in and had one. Did a salt water rinse that night and when i spat out the salt water notice there was blood. From that point on my back bottom right side hurt real fricken bad. It was pretty unbearable. I finally was able to see my doctor again the day after christmas and i found out it was a dry socket. So imo i would hold off on smoking 4 as long as you can.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Smoking is a crime punishable by death now. You HAVE been asleep for a long time.

LMAO You're my favorite non smoker on the face of the planet.

Buck
12-29-2008, 06:14 PM
You'll be fine to drive tomorrow.

Just don't smoke for 2 weeks or so (bummer, I know)...

I went about 1.5 months w/out smoking after I had mine pulled an they healed up fine. Hopefully you can put that stuff aside for a while.

P.S.

Have you ever seen the sun go down, and your thinkin bout the world spinnin' round?

Have you ever been high as fuck?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I just had all 4 of mine taken out on dec. 19. Make sure you use plenty of ice the first 2 days. 20 minsutes on. 10 minutes off. On day 3 do the same thing except use heat. Also day 3 start doing warm salt water rinses 2 or 3 times a day helps alot. I was told not to smoke for 5-7 days after surgery, but finally on day 4 about midday i gave in and had one. Did a salt water rinse that night and when i spat out the salt water notice there was blood. From that point on my back bottom right side hurt real fricken bad. It was pretty unbearable. I finally was able to see my doctor again the day after christmas and i found out it was a dry socket. So imo i would hold off on smoking 4 as long as you can.

Jesus. I've smoked a half dozen already today. But, I did my homework, and found that the suction of puffing a smoke is what the main cause of dry socket is. It said if I just barely drew off of it I should be fine. Please God, don't punish me for defiling my body. Please.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:15 PM
You'll be fine to drive tomorrow.

Just don't smoke for 2 weeks or so (bummer, I know)...

I went about 1.5 months w/out smoking after I had mine pulled an they healed up fine. Hopefully you can put that stuff aside for a while.

P.S.

Have you ever seen the sun go down, and your thinkin bout the world spinnin' round?

Have you ever been high as fuck?

I don't care about pot. I smoke a lot of it, but I don't need it. I walk away from it for a few months at a time every now and again. The cigarettes otoh............

blazzin311
12-29-2008, 06:16 PM
I just had my post op this afternoon and doctor gave me a syringe use to apply warm water to help wash away food that gets stuck. So if you start getting food stuck you might want to ask your doctor for one.

Buck
12-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Jesus. I've smoked a half dozen already today. But, I did my homework, and found that the suction of puffing a smoke is what the main cause of dry socket is. It said if I just barely drew off of it I should be fine. Please God, don't punish me for defiling my body. Please.

Not only that, but the smoke actually makes it take longer for your wounds to heal.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Not only that, but the smoke actually makes it take longer for your wounds to heal.

Alright. I guess it's time to find out what I'm made of. I've never gone 1 day without smoking since I started. It's time to find out what I'm made of.

Edit: Redundancy is caused by being high as fuck.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I just had my post op this afternoon and doctor gave me a syringe use to apply warm water to help wash away food that gets stuck. So if you start getting food stuck you might want to ask your doctor for one.

Dammit. You're the 2nd person to talk about stuck food. That was the whole point. So that would stop happening. It makes for some pretty rancid breath.

Buck
12-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Alright. I guess it's time to find out what I'm made of. I've never gone 1 day without smoking since I started. It's time to find out what I'm made of.

Edit: Redundancy is caused by being high as ****.

This will be a good opportunity for you.

Maybe if you can stop for a couple weeks you will have no need to go back.

Buck
12-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Dammit. You're the 2nd person to talk about stuck food. That was the whole point. So that would stop happening. It makes for some pretty rancid breath.

Stuck food will only occur for a couple months.

You wont get the syringe until a week later, otherwise you'd be spraying water into your wounds, and a dry socket would be much more likely.

As soon as those gaps heal there will be no more stuck food.

Until then, you really need to eat only liquids.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:21 PM
This will be a good opportunity for you.

Maybe if you can stop for a couple weeks you will have no need to go back.

That's what I'm thinking. At the end of 07 I decided I needed to lose some weight and quit smoking. The goal was lose the weight and live passed 40, then stop smoking and live passed 70. I still have half the weight to take off, but there is no time like the present to start working on number 2. If I go a week without smoking, Marlboro stands to lose about $2000 a year from me.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Stuck food will only occur for a couple months.

You wont get the syringe until a week later, otherwise you'd be spraying water into your wounds, and a dry socket would be much more likely.

As soon as those gaps heal there will be no more stuck food.

Until then, you really need to eat only liquids.

Yeah, I'm due to fast for a couple of days anyways. Really, this will be good for me. I'm not even dreading it at this point.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:22 PM
P.S - Thanks BK, I'm new to this shit.

SPATCH
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
you also need to watch the discovery and history channels while you're on the painkillers... there's something really therapeutic and soothing about it

Buck
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
P.S - Thanks BK, I'm new to this shit.

No prob, I was on here 3 months ago asking the same stuff, now I am teh expert of this shit!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:24 PM
you also need to watch the discovery and history channels while you're on the painkillers... there's something really therapeutic and soothing about it

Ahh, Planet Earth on bluray. Excellent idea n00b. Thanks.

No prob, I was on here 3 months ago asking the same stuff, now I am teh expert of this shit!!!!

Heh, expect PM's for the next few days. :D

Buck
12-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Ahh, Planet Earth on bluray. Excellent idea n00b. Thanks.

Heh, expect PM's for the next few days. :D

You shouldn't have had this procedure on a Monday though.

You should have done it on a Friday so you had Friday/Sat/Sun to recover.

I think I did mine on Labor Day Weekend so I had Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon

I just took a lot of pills all those days and zonked out.

Fruit smoothies and milkshakes ftw.

TinyEvel
12-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Is this some ploy to get a head stat on the weight loss thread?

You're supposed to win it, according to you. I think you can, too. You just have to focus Danielsan.

I think you should take up a hobby like a sporting activity. And by that I don't mean fishing

kcfanintitanhell
12-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Just curious, but has rinsing with hydrogen peroxide ever been recommended for flushing out any food particles that may have lodged?

Buck
12-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Just curious, but has rinsing with hydrogen peroxide ever been recommended for flushing out any food particles that may have lodged?

I remember that when I got my instruction sheets it said specifically not to use any mouthwash for a couple weeks at least.

Al Bundy
12-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I didnt solid food for a week after I had mine out.. get you some slimfast shakes. No dry socket, and you lose weight.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Is this some ploy to get a head stat on the weight loss thread?

You're supposed to win it, according to you. I think you can, too. You just have to focus Danielsan.

I think you should take up a hobby like a sporting activity. And by that I don't mean fishing

Shit. I was back to running 5 miles a day and consuming 1600 calories before you announced this. For the last two weeks it's been walking 50 steps a day and comsuming 16,000 calories. I've put a few pounds back on, but I can't take the inactivity anymore.

I do think I should win this. I weigh around 330 and have lost 115lbs in 08. I know what to do, and how to do it. That said, I'll give it my best effort but I will be the first person to congratulate any and everyone that does well or better than me. I just hope a bunch of people can find the motivation to do it this year.

chasedude
12-29-2008, 06:38 PM
I remember that when I got my instruction sheets it said specifically not to use any mouthwash for a couple weeks at least.

Imagine how much the alcohol would burn from mouth wash, ouch!!

Buck
12-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Imagine how much the alcohol would burn from mouth wash, ouch!!

Exactly, plus it would probably cause you to create some suction and voila, dry socket.

I got a dry socket about a week after I had mine removed and had to get my Vicodins refilled. The Doctor didn't believe me so he made me come in for another appt.

The first 30 Vicodins I went through in a week.

After the Dry Socket, the next 20 vicodins lasted about 2 days.

TinyEvel
12-29-2008, 06:54 PM
I was on some Vicodins after my hernia surgery. I bought A VW campervan on eBay.

I actually got a really good deal on it.

The wife wasn't exactly thrilled, though.

GoTrav
12-29-2008, 07:05 PM
I wasn't awake. I wasn't asleep. I was just, gone. Anesthesia is a serious drug. Going back to work tomorrow for the first time in like 10 days. I don't know if I remember how to get there. Anyone have this done? How long until I can eat, drink, and smoke again?

I had three removed. Think I smoked, the eve of my second night. Didn't drink until the following weekend. I was still all jacked up. Maybe pain pills affect me differently, but I was popping half a pill and they would knock me out. I was given a month long rx of Vicadin, which I didn't finish, and just happened to find at a buddy's house behind his couch while helping him move...go figure...and no, I didn't tell him he could have them :p

And 10 days? I had mine done at 2 PM on a Friday and was back in the saddle Monday. You a union guy or something?

Wife had 2 of her's done under local anesthesia so she was awake for the whole thing...

Bowser
12-29-2008, 07:06 PM
I was on some Vicodins after my hernia surgery. I bought A VW campervan on eBay.

I actually got a really good deal on it.

The wife wasn't exactly thrilled, though.

LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 07:12 PM
I had three removed. Think I smoked, the eve of my second night. Didn't drink until the following weekend. I was still all jacked up. Maybe pain pills affect me differently, but I was popping half a pill and they would knock me out. I was given a month long rx of Vicadin, which I didn't finish, and just happened to find at a buddy's house behind his couch while helping him move...go figure...and no, I didn't tell him he could have them :p

And 10 days? I had mine done at 2 PM on a Friday and was back in the saddle Monday. You a union guy or something?

Wife had 2 of her's done under local anesthesia so she was awake for the whole thing...

No, I was really high when I typed that. We were closed last week because of the snow. I just had the teeth removed this morning, and I'm going back tomorrow.

TinyEvel
12-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Serious!

$3,000 for an ALL ORIGINAL '72 with immaculate, complete interior AND the factory side tent.

PBJ

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Serious!

$3,000 for an ALL ORIGINAL '72 with immaculate, complete interior AND the factory side tent.

PBJ

I was all like, wtf, until you mentioned the factory side tent. PRINT EM!!!!!

GoTrav
12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Serious!

PBJ

it almost looks like scooby-doo with that huge black tire cover on the front...factory side tent was just icing on the cake

cdcox
12-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Shouldn't you be playing on-line poker instead of wasting time on the planet?

JOKE. DON'T REALLY DO THIS MR. FLOPNUTS!!!!!!!

Hope you feel as good when the drugs wear off.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2008, 07:20 PM
Shouldn't you be playing on-line poker instead of wasting time on the planet?

JOKE. DON'T REALLY DO THIS MR. FLOPNUTS!!!!!!!

Hope you feel as good when the drugs wear off.

Heh, no way I'm playing poker in this state of mind. It'd be a donation. Thanks for the well wishes my friend.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Again. Only I'm back at work today. Everyone is amused. Of course, no one expected me back today, so it's perfectly acceptable that I'm stoned on painkillers.