PDA

View Full Version : Life I'm bored

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Seriously.

My basbeall team (Angels), after losing out on Teixeira, arent doing jack-shit to improve the team. NOTHING. No good trade rumor. NOTHING. Just some ****ing statement about "playing the young (unproven) guys". So nothing to look forward to there...

Its completely slow at work. Jamming the rock and roll, but that about it. No one in the building to harass. No more football parties to host. No gigs. blah.

The Chiefs are fairly quiet today. NO Cowher rumors. NO Pioli is interested in Chiefs rumors. Just some "Marty's coming back" rumor. There's not even a stupid Herm presser to make me kill time by throwing my guts up.

I'm so bored, I created this thread. Thats tragic.

Am I the only one this bored out of my mind?

seclark
12-30-2008, 03:13 PM
2rd.
awful long day.
sec

BigVE
12-30-2008, 03:13 PM
I've been home from work sick the past 2 days...I'm actually READY to go to work tomorrow, that's how bored I am.

el borracho
12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Perhaps a joke...

¿Que dijo la mar a la vaca ahogando?

¡Nada!

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I've been home from work sick the past 2 days...I'm actually READY to go to work tomorrow, that's how bored I am.

Wow. You are almost--almost-- as bored as I am.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2008, 03:18 PM
You could post some pics of yourself....that would fire this place up in no time. Heh.

;)

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:19 PM
You could post some pics of yourself....that would fire this place up in no time. Heh.

;)

Nah...my pictures bore the hell out fo me. Its like the same thing over and over again. Blahhh

kcxiv
12-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Well, if you have a decent farm system, thats what all teams should be doing. Developing their own players. I am glad the Dodgers finally gave a chance to the young guys last year. Now we got crazy talent that played good last year.

There is no way people are going to put up more money then the Yankee's can. Dodgers havent done much of anything either. Resigned Furcal and that was it. Though, there are reports of them wanting Adam Dunn, but i really hope they stay away from his 220 average and crazy insane strike out ratio. I hope its just a smokescreen to resign Manny. Manny may not be the greatested outfielder. Hell, he's below average, but my god can he hit in clutch situations.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Well, if you have a decent farm system, thats what all teams should be doing. Developing their own players. I am glad the Dodgers finally gave a chance to the young guys last year. Now we got crazy talent that played good last year.

There is no way people are going to put up more money then the Yankee's can. Dodgers havent done much of anything either. Resigned Furcal and that was it. Though, there are reports of them wanting Adam Dunn, but i really hope they stay away from his 220 average and crazy insane strike out ratio. I hope its just a smokescreen to resign Manny. Manny may not be the greatested outfielder. Hell, he's below average, but my god can he hit in clutch situations.

Manny is awesome, to a point. His bullshit antics in Boston is really killing the market for him. And the Boras BS about "fielding real offers" after The Dodgers offered him 45 mil for 2 seasons, doesnt do much to help either.

I just can't believe the Angels traded away Kotchman, and then made a middle of the road offer to Teixeira. Why would you do that? If you are going to trade away great young talent, at least make a real run at the FA. And then they followed losing out on tex with a 'No interst in Manny, Dunn, Abreu or anyone else for that matter" speech. Bums me out. maybe they'll surprise me and trade for Peavy and A. Gonzalez. That would make me happy, and less bored too.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Nah...my pictures bore the hell out fo me. Its like the same thing over and over again. Blahhh

What station you work for again? Does it have a Listen Live link? You should give the Planet a shout out...

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:31 PM
What station you work for again? Does it have a Listen Live link? You should give the Planet a shout out...

werlv.com. I work for KOMP 92.3. You can hop on and listen. I also do a gig in Fresno CA. 1051theblaze.com. not sure if they have streaming on there yet.

I have given shout outs before. Once when I was interviewing Jared Allen.

JohnnyV13
12-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Carlotta, I was in LV last week. I left just before the snowstorm hit. I was actually sitting on the runway, watching the snow fall.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2008, 03:37 PM
werlv.com. I work for KOMP 92.3. You can hop on and listen. I also do a gig in Fresno CA. 1051theblaze.com. not sure if they have streaming on there yet.

I have given shout outs before. Once when I was interviewing Jared Allen.

I'll have to check it out; thanks.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Heh....I picked my son up from a BD Party the other day, they were playing Guitar Hero....to "Girls, Girls, Girls." I have a feeling the 7th Grade boys at his school have a "new" anthem."

He seemed shook when I told him I attended a couple of their concerts in the 80s. Heh.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Carlotta, I was in LV last week. I left just before the snowstorm hit. I was actually sitting on the runway, watching the snow fall.
That was cool huh? we enjoyed it around here, for a day or so. then we got bored of it..;-)

Braincase
12-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Take some suggestive pictures of yourself and post 'em. That'll liven things up.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Heh....I picked my son up from a BD Party the other day, they were playing Guitar Hero....to "Girls, Girls, Girls." I have a feeling the 7th Grade boys at his school have a "new" anthem."

He seemed shook when I told him I attended a couple of their concerts in the 80s. Heh.

I love guitar hero. I play mine all the time. I'm actually getting pretty good at it. I kick out "stranglehold" real well--Kindergarden level, but none the less. ;-)

Dr. Johnny Fever
Its completely slow at work. Jamming the rock and roll, but that about it. No one in the building to harass. No more football parties to host. No gigs. blah.

I have 5 logs yet to edit... 3 syndicated shows to trim and tone... barter spots to download for the rest of the week... imaging to put in the system... and a promo to write/record at my station if you need somthing to do. Needs to be all done by 5pm tomorrow so get on it.

edit... all of this is why I'm wasting time here.......

Carlota69
Take some suggestive pictures of yourself and post 'em. That'll liven things up.
Been there...

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Been there...

link...?

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:53 PM
I have 5 logs yet to edit... 3 syndicated shows to trim and tone... barter spots to download for the rest of the week... imaging to put in the system... and a promo to write/record at my station if you need somthing to do. Needs to be all done by 5pm tomorrow so get on it.

edit... all of this is why I'm wasting time here.......
LOL, I probably could help. what station do you work for?

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-30-2008, 03:53 PM
LOL, I probably could help. what station do you work for?

The one in Illinois. OK technically 8 in Illinois. 3 that I'm on tho. Most of said work is all for one tho.

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2008, 03:54 PM
I love guitar hero. I play mine all the time. I'm actually getting pretty good at it. I kick out "stranglehold" real well--Kindergarden level, but none the less. ;-)

Ted's great. You do any Satriani? Or Zepplin? :hmmm:

He also said he liked "Livin' on a Prayer!" I shot him a wink and a nod....he asked, "You saw them in concert too?" I said, "Five or six times. Lots of girls really liked them, if you know what I mean." He just shook his head.....

Heh.

DJ's left nut
12-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Seriously.

My basbeall team (Angels), after losing out on Teixeira, arent doing jack-shit to improve the team. NOTHING. No good trade rumor. NOTHING. Just some ****ing statement about "playing the young (unproven) guys". So nothing to look forward to there...

I'd send you Khalil Greene in a heartbeat. He hit a bunch of HRs a couple years ago, so he must be good...

EDIT: Kotchman is not a 'great talent', he's a ho-hum 1b with a strong glove and a Wally Joyner bat. And the Angels got the best hitter available plus a 1st round pick out of the deal (I also think they'll get a sandwich pick). Kotchman for 2 first rounders is a pretty decent deal, especially when Kotchman's coming up on in arb years.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:55 PM
Ted's great. You do any Satriani? Or Zepplin? :hmmm:

He also like "Livin' on a Prayer!" I shot him a look....he asked, "You saw them in concert too?" I said, "Five or six times. Lots of girls really liked them, if you know what I mean." He just shook his head.....

Heh.

NO. I dont play real guitar...just guitar hero. But I scored 99% on "Living on a Prayer"....Does that count?

Braincase
12-30-2008, 03:55 PM

I have GH for the Wii...everytime I stqart to play it, I feel the need to go play a real guitar.

Here's my Christmas Present to myself...goes well with the Roland VG-99 modeling system. Nylon strings sounding like a Les Paul!

Mr. Kotter
12-30-2008, 03:57 PM
NO. I dont play real guitar...just guitar hero. But I scored 99% on "Living on a Prayer"....Does that count?

It counts in my world. :thumb:

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:57 PM
I'd send you Khalil Greene in a heartbeat. He hit a bunch of HRs a couple years ago, so he must be good...
Before or after HGH?

I have a feeling after...

I already have that guy, Gary Mathews JR.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I have GH for the Wii...everytime I stqart to play it, I feel the need to go play a real guitar.

Here's my Christmas Present to myself...goes well with the Roland VG-99 modeling system. Nylon strings sounding like a Les Paul!

Sweet. Thats a nice looking GEETARRR.

I have the Wii as well. Love it.

Carlota69
It counts in my world. :thumb:
Cool. Mine too.

Braincase
Before or after HGH?

I have a feeling after...

I already have that guy, Gary Mathews JR.

BTW, wief & I are heading to LV in Feb. She's got some Biomaterials Conference at the Venetian...

JohnnyV13
<-----has the ultimate cure for boredom. Become the manager of a store like Claire's or Icing or some other young female target market fashion retailer. You will then employ young women and (occasionally) some gay young men. Your life will be filled with endless employee drama.

You may become generally homicidal against the younger generation.

But you won't be bored.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:00 PM

EDIT: Kotchman is not a 'great talent', he's a ho-hum 1b with a strong glove and a Wally Joyner bat. And the Angels got the best hitter available plus a 1st round pick out of the deal (I also think they'll get a sandwich pick). Kotchman for 2 first rounders is a pretty decent deal, especially when Kotchman's coming up on in arb years.
Fair enough. Just that The Angels FO usually doesnt make a "strong" move like they did, so it was weird that they made a Ho-Hum offer to Tex. The same offer that the other teams made. Knowing tex wanted to play on the East Coast, tey should of made a above average offer, to try and lure him westward. But oh well. Maybe it will work out to our benefit and to the Yankees disadvantage. Maybe.

DJ's left nut
12-30-2008, 04:01 PM

I missed one note...ONE MFING NOTE....on the hard setting for "My Name is Jonas", I have never been more disappointed in my life.

Braincase
12-30-2008, 04:02 PM
<-----has the ultimate cure for boredom. Become the manager of a store like Claire's or Icing or some other young female target market fashion retailer. You will then employ young women and (occasionally) some gay young men. Your life will be filled with endless employee drama.

But you won't be bored.

After the second day of hearing nothing but the Jonas Brothers, I'd go on a multistate shooting spree.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:02 PM

But you won't be bored.

That doesnt sound like fun.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:04 PM
After the second day of hearing nothing but the Jonas Brothers, I'd go on a multistate shooting spree.
I took my neice to Jonas Bros, or should I say, I dropped her off at the Arena and then went to the bar and hung out with the other adults recently. I cant fucking believe how many little girls were running around all a flustured. I also couldnt believe there werent more little boys running around. I would think that would be a haven for young guys to met chicks--at a Jonas Bros concert. And those guys sold out 2 shows in one day!!! yikes!

Braincase
12-30-2008, 04:07 PM
I took my neice to Jonas Bros, or should I say, I dropped her off at the Arena and then went to the bar and hung out with the other adults recently. I cant ****ing believe how many little girls were running around all a flustured. I also couldnt believe there werent more little boys running around. I would think that would be a haven for young guys to met chicks--at a Jonas Bros concert. And those guys sold out 2 shows in one day!!! yikes!

Disney chews up those kids and spits 'em out. Imagine a stage littered with trainers and tissue-filled A-cup bras.

(You can use that)

kcxiv
12-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Manny is awesome, to a point. His bullshit antics in Boston is really killing the market for him. And the Boras BS about "fielding real offers" after The Dodgers offered him 45 mil for 2 seasons, doesnt do much to help either.

I just can't believe the Angels traded away Kotchman, and then made a middle of the road offer to Teixeira. Why would you do that? If you are going to trade away great young talent, at least make a real run at the FA. And then they followed losing out on tex with a 'No interst in Manny, Dunn, Abreu or anyone else for that matter" speech. Bums me out. maybe they'll surprise me and trade for Peavy and A. Gonzalez. That would make me happy, and less bored too.
Maybe Moreno wants to save money this year? i dont know lol

Manny only has 1 real option as of right now and thats the Dodgers. He's not going to go to Washington or some other BS team. He wants to play for a team that is competiting. He dug his own grave. Not like he's hurting for money though, but i am sure he thought he could get more. Its not going to happen. Unless he goes to a sub par team.

Braincase
12-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Just thought, we need to have a poll picking which Disney star du jour will either go into rehab or have naked pictures of themselves on the internet in 2009. DUI, Drug Arrest, Violence... it's all good.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Maybe Moreno wants to save money this year? i dont know lol

Manny only has 1 real option as of right now and thats the Dodgers. He's not going to go to Washington or some other BS team. He wants to play for a team that is competiting. He dug his own grave. Not like he's hurting for money though, but i am sure he thought he could get more. Its not going to happen. Unless he goes to a sub par team.

Saving for...Pujols? That would be cool, but highly improbable. maybe Holliday? Lets see what he does in Oakland? I think Arte got pissed at Boras and flipped the big middle finger in the air and maybe thats why we arent going for Manny either?)

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Just thought, we need to have a poll picking which Disney star du jour will either go into rehab or have naked pictures of themselves on the internet in 2009. DUI, Drug Arrest, Violence... it's all good.

Jesse McCartney for $500 Alex.

Braincase
12-30-2008, 04:16 PM

Raven Simone caught free-basing a black-forest cake!

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Raven Simone caught free-basing a black-forest cake!

NIIIICCCEEE!!

BigVE
12-30-2008, 04:22 PM

He's a Disney-kid too? Geez, they are all over the place anymore. I have a teenage daughter so I get to hear all that crap here and there.

Braincase
12-30-2008, 04:33 PM
NIIIICCCEEE!!

We could end up writing a morning show sketch for you here.

Think about the number of train wrecks Disney has orchestrated..

Britney, Lindsey, Jessica, the Vanessa Hudgins nudity thing, the Cheetah girl that caught sending pics to her boyfriend last year...

Demonpenz
12-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Can I be on your radio show? I can talk about Mario 3 and excitebike jokes

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Can I be on your radio show? I can talk about Mario 3 and excitebike jokes

EXCITEBIKE--REALLY???? Sweeeettttt!!!!!

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
We could end up writing a morning show sketch for you here.

Think about the number of train wrecks Disney has orchestrated..

Britney, Lindsey, Jessica, the Vanessa Hudgins nudity thing, the Cheetah girl that caught sending pics to her boyfriend last year...

Poooor Disney!!! ;-)

DJ's left nut
12-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Saving for...Pujols? That would be cool, but highly improbable. maybe Holliday? Lets see what he does in Oakland? I think Arte got pissed at Boras and flipped the big middle finger in the air and maybe thats why we arent going for Manny either?)

Pujols isn't a FA until 2012 (when his option is picked up).

I'd probably spend a few bucks right now if I were Arte.

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Pujols isn't a FA until 2012 (when his option is picked up).

I'd probably spend a few bucks right now if I were Arte.

Agreed. Wholeheartedly!

Ultra Peanut
12-30-2008, 04:45 PM
So hey, how did you get into radio?

Carlota69
12-30-2008, 04:53 PM
So hey, how did you get into radio?

Went to broadcast school in Ca, then moved to Podunk Cali making nothing to earn my way.

kcxiv
12-31-2008, 04:11 PM
You all Signed your closer today. Whats really wierd, is i used to play little league with Fuentes. Hell, i actually live by the school now that we used to play at. To think someone i played with is making 8.5 million in the bigs for pitching. wow

Carlota69
12-31-2008, 04:18 PM
You all Signed your closer today. Whats really wierd, is i used to play little league with Fuentes. Hell, i actually live by the school now that we used to play at. To think someone i played with is making 8.5 million in the bigs for pitching. wow

Yeah, we finally did something. Cool thing is that he wanted to play for us. H even blew the STL Cards off to see if we'd come looking for him.

Demonpenz
12-31-2008, 04:21 PM
one

Bwana
12-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Last time you got bored, Shanarat got the boot. Do you think you can do it again and aim it at Herm this time?

OnTheWarpath15
12-31-2008, 04:29 PM
The Halos just signed Brian Fuentes to replace K-Rod.

Cheer you up at all?

1ChiefsDan
12-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Last time you got bored, Shanarat got the boot. Do you think you can do it again and aim it at Herm this time?ROFL

Please?

JuicesFlowing
12-31-2008, 05:25 PM
:bravo: