PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Some guys to target for assistant coaches

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2008, 07:37 PM
I know that GM and head coach take top priority, but given the long string of firings, there is an insane amount of quality coordinators and coaches that could hit the market.

Wade Phillips -- as good of a defensive coordinator as you can find, even if he sucks as a head coach

Mike Martz -- I think he's done in the NFL as a head coach or coordinator. But he would make one hell of a QBs coach. He has received a lot of credit for the long pipeline of QBs in St. Louis.

Rod Marinelli -- Easily the best d-line coach on the market and most likely will end up in this position

Eric Mangini -- this is a stab in the dark, but could this guy be a real good offensive coordinator? He was in New England

Regardless of who the head coach is, these are some names that could make for a pretty loaded staff.

Halfcan
12-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Gun is not going anywhere-Herm

chief52
12-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Eric Mangini -- this is a stab in the dark, but could this guy be a real good offensive coordinator? He was in New England

Mangini is a defensive coach. He was Defensive Coordinator with New England.

EyePod
12-30-2008, 08:16 PM
We should hire all of them. That would be really sweet. Imagine having 5 people trying to be head coach though....

dsgreene285
12-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Mangini is already off the board. He and Pioli will end up in Cleveland together.

DaneMcCloud
12-30-2008, 08:25 PM
I know that GM and head coach take top priority, but given the long string of firings, there is an insane amount of quality coordinators and coaches that could hit the market.

Wade Phillips -- as good of a defensive coordinator as you can find, even if he sucks as a head coach

Mike Martz -- I think he's done in the NFL as a head coach or coordinator. But he would make one hell of a QBs coach. He has received a lot of credit for the long pipeline of QBs in St. Louis.

Rod Marinelli -- Easily the best d-line coach on the market and most likely will end up in this position

Regardless of who the head coach is, these are some names that could make for a pretty loaded staff.

Wade Phillips: Still employed.

Mike Martz: No fucking way. He's a biohazard.

Rod Marinelli: Possibly. I doubt he'd go from head coach to D-line so quickly. I think they'll be a market for him as a DC.

Eric Mangini: Served ONE year as a DC. Probably learned quite a bit as a head coach but I see his fate as being tied to Pioli or Dimitrioff.

Iowanian
12-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Crennell was a damn fine Coordinator.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2008, 09:17 PM
Wade Phillips: Still employed.

Mike Martz: No ****ing way. He's a biohazard.

Rod Marinelli: Possibly. I doubt he'd go from head coach to D-line so quickly. I think they'll be a market for him as a DC.

Eric Mangini: Served ONE year as a DC. Probably learned quite a bit as a head coach but I see his fate as being tied to Pioli or Dimitrioff.

Wow. No idea why I thought Mangini was an OC. My bad.

I don't think Phillips will be employed for long. In fact, I was surprised he wasn't canned today.

Mike Martz is a biohazard the closer to the top he gets, but when it comes to tactics, he's still one of the best coaches out there. Just make sure he stays away from gameday decisions. Before Martz went to STL, he was an outstanding position coach.

chiefzilla1501
12-30-2008, 09:18 PM

I'm torn. It's hard to say how good he was when we know that Bellichick is maybe more involved with coordinating strategies than most if not all head coaches in the league. Was that Crennel or Bellichick that made the Pats as good as they are?

petegz28
12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Martz is a bonehead

CoMoChief
12-30-2008, 10:02 PM

hes also a 3-4 and 4-4 guy