PDA

View Full Version : Life Pizza Hut "Natural Pizza" ???

petegz28
12-30-2008, 09:02 PM
I cannot help but notice how they mention their new "Natural Pizza" has "natural pepperoni".

Does this commercial just not scare the shit out of you about their "un-natural pizza"? I stopped eating at Pizza Hut years ago. I knew something was not right with their pizza and now we all know. :D

It really has to worry one when you hear people touting things like "natural tomato and other ingredients".

BigVE
12-30-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, I have a bacon tree and a pepperoni plant....ALL natural for me baby.

Skip Towne
12-30-2008, 09:05 PM
I cannot help but notice how they mention their new "Natural Pizza" has "natural pepperoni".

Does this commercial just not scare the shit out of you about their "un-natural pizza"? I stopped eating at Pizza Hut years ago. I knew something was not right with their pizza and now we all know. :D

It really has to worry one when you hear people touting things like "natural tomato and other ingredients".

I see you're trying to think again. I warned you not to do that.

Bugeater
12-30-2008, 09:06 PM
God those commercials are fucking stupid.

petegz28
12-30-2008, 09:07 PM

Skip, I was talking to the people who eat the pepperoni, not uh-hum, play with it. :)

luv
12-30-2008, 09:08 PM
God those commercials are fucking stupid.

Papa John's already came out with the whole grain crust.

SPATCH
12-30-2008, 09:09 PM
no thanks... i prefer synthetic meats

Crush
12-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Don't worry, it comes with natural gastrointestinal problems.

beavis
12-30-2008, 09:10 PM

If he ever creates a thread that isn't idiotic/redundant, I'll soil myself.

petegz28
12-30-2008, 09:11 PM
Papa John's already came out with the whole grain crust.

I prefer Minsky's personally. It may or may not be natural, but at least if ****ing tastes good. And I can get wheat crust should I want to be health conscious as I devour handfuls of cholesterol. :)

petegz28
12-30-2008, 09:12 PM
If he ever creates a thread that isn't idiotic/redundant, I'll soil myself.

I thought I told you to quit stalking me you half-a-pillowbiter. :eek:

12-30-2008, 09:15 PM
That commercial really put me off. They admitted they give you crap for pizza in it. I immediately thought, isn't that was a damn pizza is supposed to be made of?

NewChief
12-30-2008, 09:15 PM
Beware anything labeled as "natural," as it's a meaningless marketing gimmick. It's gotten to the point that organic is almost as meaningless.

luv
12-30-2008, 09:20 PM
Beware anything labeled as "natural," as it's a meaningless marketing gimmick. It's gotten to the point that organic is almost as meaningless.

Natural simply means that there's nothing in it that the FDA would consider synthetic, right? Doesn't mean there's not something in there that's just not on the FDA's list.

KcMizzou
12-30-2008, 09:26 PM
I prefer Minsky's personally. It may or may not be natural, but at least if ****ing tastes good. And I can get wheat crust should I want to be health conscious as I devour handfuls of cholesterol. :)Minsky's :drool:

NewChief
12-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Natural simply means that there's nothing in it that the FDA would consider synthetic, right? Doesn't mean there's not something in there that's just not on the FDA's list.

There's no regulating body that governs the labeling of "natural." You can call a piece of plastic natural if you think you can get away with it and people will believe you.

Edit:
Actually, I mispoke:

According to the USDA, food can only be labeled natural if it contains no artificial ingredients or added colors and is minimally processed. Furthermore, the label must clearly spell this definition out, so that consumers are not misled by the “natural” label. Although this label is an important step in the right direction, many consumers are more concerned about what the natural label does not mean.

Demonpenz
12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
it pisses me off more they couldn't think of something smarter than Panormous. That doesn't even make sense. Should have named it Panasourses Rex

Demonpenz
12-30-2008, 09:29 PM
There's no regulating body that governs the labeling of "natural." You can call a piece of plastic natural if you think you can get away with it and people will believe you.

Edit:
Actually, I mispoke:

ahh Natural light ;)

NewChief
12-30-2008, 09:31 PM
ahh Natural light ;)

Actually, there seems to be quite a bit of conflicting information out there. Here's a statement from the FDA:

We discussed the issue of the use of the term "natural" in our January 6, 1993 final rule entitled "Food Labeling: Nutrient Content Claims, General Principles, Petitions, Definition of terms; Definitions of Nutrient Content Claims for the Fat, Fatty Acid, and Cholesterol Content of Food" (58 FR 2302 at 2407). In the proposed rulemaking that led to this final rule (see 56 FR 60421 at 60466, November 27, 1991), we solicited comments on whether we should define the term "natural" and, if so, how we should do so; in the proposal, we asked whether we should consider a food to be misbranded if it has undergone more than minimal processing (and what constitutes minimal processing), or if the food contains any artificial or synthetic ingredients. As we stated in the preamble to the January 6, 1993 final rule, after reviewing and considering the comments, the agency continues to believe that if the term "natural" is adequately defined, the ambiguity surrounding the use of this term that results in misleading claims could be abated. However, as the comments reflect, there are many facets of this issue that the agency will have to carefully consider if it undertakes a rulemaking to define the term "natural." Because of resource limitations and other agency priorities, FDA is not undertaking rulemaking to establish a definition for "natural" at this time. [See the complete letter in PDF format (191K)]

SAUTO
12-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Minsky's :drool:

oooohhhh in the rivermarket

Demonpenz
12-30-2008, 09:34 PM
please just give me my 22 oz of natural light and excitebike thx management

petegz28
12-30-2008, 09:40 PM
oooohhhh in the rivermarket

No, here in BE-U-T-FUL Olathe! :D

mikeyis4dcats.
12-30-2008, 09:44 PM
I have no issue with it, basically they have a product with a fresh multi-grain crust and fresh made pepperoni without preservatives.

I mean, haven't you ever wondered how pepperoni can be sold un-refrigerated?