PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs KC asst. coaches free to leave

booger
12-31-2008, 07:01 PM
Chiefs Assistants Free to Take Other Jobs --
Wed Dec 31, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Bill Williamson reports coaches from Kansas City Chiefs HC Herman Edwards' staff are free to take other jobs during this time of limbo. The Chiefs new general manager will have a major role in determining Edwards' fate.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Under these circumstances i'd say KC won't coach in the Seinor Bowl

-- Seahawks Positioned Well to Coach in Senior Bowl --
Wed Dec 31, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Mike Sando reports the Seattle Seahawks' decision to name Jim Mora Jr. their head coach in advance could help their draft preparations by letting their staff coach at the Senior Bowl all-star game in February. Coaching staffs from the teams drafting first and second overall get first crack at coaching Senior Bowl practices, plus the game itself. The experience can afford organizations a better feel for the top prospects. The Lions and Rams would get first chance at coaching the all-star squads, but both organizations are without head coaches for next season. The Lions are turning over their staff. The Rams will also likely make sweeping changes to their staff. It could be hard for them to get coaches in place fast enough. If the Lions and Rams aren't in position to coach at the Senior Bowl, the Chiefs and Seahawks would be next in line. You can be sure the Seahawks, holding the fourth overall choice, would jump at the opportunity. For good reason. The 49ers coached at the Senior Bowl the last three years. In 2007, they drafted Senior Bowl participants ILB Patrick Willis, OT Joe Staley, WR Jason Hill, DE Ray McDonald, DE Jay Moore and RB Thomas Clayton. In 2006, they drafted Senior Bowl participants OLB Manny Lawson, RB Michael Robinson, CB Marcus Hudson and OLB Parys Haralson. The 49ers drafted only one Senior Bowl participant last year (OL Cody Wallace). In that case, the experience might have convinced them to avoid certain players.

http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

ModSocks
12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Oh boy

kstater
12-31-2008, 07:03 PM
On a bad note, see ya Chan.

On a good note, Herm's almost gone. PBJ

And other than Chan, what NFL team would hire any of the assistants?

ModSocks
12-31-2008, 07:03 PM
On a bad note, see ya Chan.

On a good note, Herm's almost gone. PBJ

I really hope we can re-hire Chan

stevieray
12-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Hell yes. when you can the guy at the top two weeks before the season is over and who has been there for two decades, you send a very clear message to everyone that noones job is safe...

Too many underestimate Clark.

Bowser
12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
This statement below may have been mentioned already, but I'm not sure...

the Talking Can
12-31-2008, 07:07 PM
stab gun the face

BigVE
12-31-2008, 07:09 PM
LOL, this is funny. "Hey, feel free to look for a job NOW instead of waiting till the new GM cans your butt!" Or, we hate to see any of you guys go but go ahead look around.

KC kid
12-31-2008, 07:09 PM
This is not news. They are all free to leave anyway. . . new coach or not

Reerun_KC
12-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Well Bye!

BigVE
12-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Well Bye!

You forgot this:

Reerun_KC
12-31-2008, 07:15 PM
You forgot this:

Thanks for backing me up!

:clap:

milkman
12-31-2008, 07:16 PM

If they are under contract for next season, then no, they wouldn't be free to leave, or at least to find another job.

booger
12-31-2008, 07:18 PM

They are all under contract through next season just like Herm. Normally they could only leave if promoted. Teams like Tampa have prevented guys like Marinelli and Joe Berry from talking to teams for DC promotions.

If they are under contract teams still have to seek permission.

With Clark and Thum busy with the GM search it looks like don't want them to turn anything down with their future up in the air.

blueballs
12-31-2008, 07:20 PM
By not firing Herm
the Chiefs get a close look

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah, I'm sure they are beating down the door...

bowener
12-31-2008, 07:33 PM
God, please, somebody sign Gunther for some job somewhere. Didn't Greg Robinson get fired again??

blueballs
12-31-2008, 07:35 PM
I think Jeff Fisher's kitchen needs painting

Hammock Parties
12-31-2008, 08:12 PM
If we get Cowher I'd love to see Chan hired again.

If we don't, mad props Chan for actually being a competent NFL coach among a pack of fuckin' retards this year. I wonder if he knew what he was getting himself into.

Reerun_KC
12-31-2008, 08:18 PM

If we don't, mad props Chan for actually being a competent NFL coach among a pack of ****in' retards this year. I wonder if he knew what he was getting himself into.

Just say no to Cowher!

el borracho
12-31-2008, 08:22 PM
"KC asst. coaches free to leave"

Doubly true for the head coach, IMO.

Extra Point
12-31-2008, 08:38 PM

If we don't, mad props Chan for actually being a competent NFL coach among a pack of ****in' retards this year. I wonder if he knew what he was getting himself into.
Mad props for your finest post of the year!

Extra Point
12-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Just say no to Cowher!

Just say no to drugs!

Chiefs Pantalones
12-31-2008, 08:51 PM
I'd be iffy on Cowher. It seems like it took him 50 years to win the Super Bowl and a big shout out to the refs in that game.

Hammock Parties
12-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Just say no to Cowher!

Well there's nothing we can do about it if he's hired. Might as well make the best of it and trust Clark knows what he's doing. Anyone is better than Herm at this point.

crossbow
12-31-2008, 10:26 PM
They are all under contract through next season just like Herm. Normally they could only leave if promoted. Teams like Tampa have prevented guys like Marinelli and Joe Berry from talking to teams for DC promotions.

If they are under contract teams still have to seek permission.

With Clark and Thum busy with the GM search it looks like don't want them to turn anything down with their future up in the air.

Then some other team should go ahead and promote our defensive coaches just so they can cash in on the talent that is obviously here. It takes real skill to consistantly give up 500 yards of offense every weak. And to do it for two years in a row is mind numbing.

I wonder just how many teams have totaly sucked until they played the Chiefs and then set a club record on that day. They better move fast on our special teams coaches too, befor some other team beats them to it.

Crush
12-31-2008, 10:31 PM
That is a nice way of saying GTFO and don't come back!!!!