PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mark Sanchez

KCJohnny
01-02-2009, 08:31 AM
If you are not as sold on Tyler Thigpen as Tony Gonzalez and I are, what about Mark Sanchez?
Sanchez smoking hot. (http://http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200901010062)

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Why don't you do a simple search on "Mark Sanchez" and find several discussions instead of roy'ing it up and letting every thought you have become a thread?

MahiMike
01-02-2009, 08:39 AM
He looked awesome yesterday. So hard to tell if it's just the system and the wonderful WR's USC has though.

KCJohnny
01-02-2009, 08:43 AM
He looked awesome yesterday. So hard to tell if it's just the system and the wonderful WR's USC has though.

His fundamentals and mechanics seem bullet-proof. Pete Carroll definitley gave him the NFL lens to peer through.

I would be OK with Sanchez in KC, even though I think Thigpen is the future and the Chiefs need D.

chief52
01-02-2009, 08:44 AM
He's probably not even coming out...

Frankie
01-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Sanchez couldn't beat out JD Booty. I would be weary of one year wonders, as I painfully remember Todd Blackledge. This does not mean Sanchez won't be good. It only means there's woefully little evidence to support that.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Sanchez couldn't beat out JD Booty. I would be weary of one year wonders, as I painfully remember Todd Blackledge. This does not mean Sanchez won't be good. It only means there's woefully little evidence to support that.

If you weren't aware he wasn't really given the opportunity to beat out Booty.

WilliamTheIrish
01-02-2009, 08:53 AM
If you weren't aware he wasn't really given the opportunity to beat out Booty.

I must have missed this conversation. Can you expand on this please?

Mecca
01-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Sanchez wasn't remotely ready to play as a redshirt freshman so that's 1 year...last year he broke his thumb I believe in camp and missed 6 weeks and no matter how well he played the QB job wasn't up for grabs it was Booty's and that was that.

Many SC fans called for Sanchez numerous times but Pete Carroll always stuck with Booty, Sanchez only played last year due to Booty breaking a finger on his throwing hand.

You can't win a job that isn't put on the table.

tomahawk kid
01-02-2009, 09:01 AM
I'd feel much better about is taking him after watching him the second half of the season.

Kid's got some great weapons around him, but he seem to have "it".

Of course, I've been wrong before......

triple
01-02-2009, 09:12 AM
He'd be the second or third QB on my board, like most people, but I'd be happy if they wanted to spend our second rounder on him.

It would be nice to go into the year with Thigpen, a new young QB, and a new veteran QB for tutoring purposes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 09:14 AM

WTF?????

Eyes removed much?

For Sanchez, that game yesterday was business as usual, not some spectacular, once in a season outing.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 09:14 AM
There isn't any way Mark Sanchez would ever last till the 2nd round...

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 09:15 AM
There isn't any way Mark Sanchez would ever last till the 2nd round...

Word.

RippedmyFlesh
01-02-2009, 09:30 AM
I would love to see Sanchez in a chiefs uni.
He may not be ready yet but he is worth grabbing and waiting for.
Even if he isn't ready I could still see him beating out Thiggy, it wouldn't shock me.
I don't see any of leinhart in him.

HemiEd
01-02-2009, 09:32 AM
DIRTY SANCHEZ!!!

BigChiefFan
01-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm just glad there are three prospects at QB that could amount to great things in the NFL, because we need one of them.

RippedmyFlesh
01-02-2009, 09:41 AM
I'm just glad there are three prospects at QB that could amount to great things in the NFL, because we need one of them.
I agree.
I just have a feeling if a team makes the best qb pick this year they will have something special.
It may not be real deep in numbers as far as qb's go but the cream of the crop looks like they could be great someday.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 10:09 AM
I would love to see Sanchez in a chiefs uni.
He may not be ready yet but he is worth grabbing and waiting for.
Even if he isn't ready I could still see him beating out Thiggy, it wouldn't shock me.
I don't see any of leinhart in him.

He could beat Thigpen just by stepping on the field. And you're right; there is NO Lienart in him. Thank God.

Brock
01-02-2009, 10:13 AM
I really hope this guy comes out.

chief52
01-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Even if he comes out, which I do not think he will, taking him with the three pick would be way too high IMO and it is doubtful that he would be there at the top of the second. Possible, but doubtful. So the only way the Chiefs will get him is if they trade down with the first or up into the bottom of the first.

Brock
01-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Why would a 3 pick be too high for Sanchez?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 10:27 AM

I think some people are in the pisser or grabbing a beer while the game is happening, and then sit down during the commercials.

chief52
01-02-2009, 10:39 AM

Just my personal feeling which could be way out. I do not consider myself some sort of draft guru. He has played one season on one of the best teams in the nation. An average QB ( see Linhart ) could look good in this system. I just do not think he has proven himself that high. I just think the Chiefs could trade down and still get him.

chief52
01-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I think some people are in the pisser or grabbing a beer while the game is happening, and then sit down during the commercials.

Hell, Sanchez had a great game yesterday. I have not seen anyone doubt that.

Ebolapox
01-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Just my personal feeling which could be way out. I do not consider myself some sort of draft guru. He has played one season on one of the best teams in the nation. An average QB ( see Linhart ) could look good in this system. I just do not think he has proven himself that high. I just think the Chiefs could trade down and still get him.

yep. I hang my hat on the analysis of a guy who can't even spell the name of a recent heisman trophy winner AND one of the best college QBs EVER (Leinart)

Danman
01-02-2009, 10:52 AM
After watching both Stafford and Sanchez yesterday, Clearly Sanchez is better. Yes, I know Stafford had a much better second half, but Sanchez looks like an NFL quarterback. Anybody remember how he carved up Ohio State earlier this year? I also like Bradford better than Stafford. Bradford's a gamer. Any of the three beats ANY of what we have on our roster.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2009, 11:01 AM
He'll be a fine QB in this league. I think he needs another year of college ball.

L.A. Chieffan
01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
SC Qbs sux.

chiefzilla1501
01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
I watched both Georgia and USC, and let me tell you what, Matt Sanchez was an absolute playmaker. wow.

I agree, it doesn't really matter because it looks like he'll stay another year. But while I was never excited about Stafford or Bradford, I'm real excited about this kid. I have never seen a kid that can throw on the run as well as this kid. He can run in full sprint and throw the ball on the rope.

I've seen a handful of games and walked away with the same impression. Sanchez is Tyler Thigpen but with a lot more accuracy. That's the impression I get. He might even be quicker.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2009, 11:05 AM
I watched both Georgia and USC, and let me tell you what, Matt Sanchez was an absolute playmaker. wow.

I agree, it doesn't really matter because it looks like he'll stay another year. But while I was never excited about Stafford or Bradford, I'm real excited about this kid. I have never seen a kid that can throw on the run as well as this kid. He can run in full sprint and throw the ball on the rope.

I've seen a handful of games and walked away with the same impression. Sanchez is Tyler Thigpen but with a lot more accuracy. That's the impression I get. He might even be quicker.LMAO

suds79
01-02-2009, 11:10 AM
Sanchez is Tyler Thigpen but with a lot more accuracy. That's the impression I get. He might even be quicker.

:LOL: Mark Sanchez would be p!ssed with that comparison.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 11:10 AM
This just in:

Mark IS Considering, and Pete Sayeth So.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Sanchez is Tyler Thigpen but with a lot more accuracy. That's the impression I get. He might even be quicker.

Stupdity level around here amazes me sometimes.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 11:15 AM
:LOL: Mark Sanchez would be p!ssed with that comparison.

Hell I'M pissed at that nonsense! That's like comparing Fred Sanfords truck to a James Bond car; jeezus...

Danman
01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
OMG you did not just compare Sanchez to Thigpen.

chief52
01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
yep. I hang my hat on the analysis of a guy who can't even spell the name of a recent heisman trophy winner AND one of the best college QBs EVER (Leinart)

RELAX! Damn... I never said shit other than I did not think Sanchez would come out and do not think he would be worthy of the of the third pick in the draft this year if he did! Is that cutting Sanchez? Maybe you, the most knowledgeable of all, can explain to me how what I stated was so asinine? Could you please grace me with your awesome knowledge of college football. I do not get many games out here in California, especially USC. They are never on out here

Like I said, I do not profess to be some sort of draft guru. I just expressed my opinion of Sanchez. Saying that I do not think Sanchez is worth the third pick this season is not some sort of crazy, outlandish opinion. It is what it is.

Now saying Leinart is one of the best college QB's ever...wow. Sometimes the Heisman becomes a team award. This was the case here. Now that is your opinion and you are entitled to. I will not verbally attack you for it. But damn...

Danman
01-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I think Sanchez will be more like Carson Palmer than Leinhart. Could we live with this kind of quarterback? I think so. As for needing another year in college I understand the thought, but we may not have a chance to draft a franchise quarterback next year. The more that come out this year, the better our chances of getting a good one.

Basileus777
01-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Sanchez really impressed me against PSU. He was making quality NFL throws, something you don't see very often from college prospects. Matt Ryan made those throws, which why I liked him despite some of his other issues.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I'd be fine with either Stafford or Sanchez, but fuck no to Bradford.

Sure-Oz
01-02-2009, 11:56 AM
What would Sanchez be if he came out, a 3rd rounder?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 12:23 PM
I'd be fine with either Stafford or Sanchez, but fuck no to Bradford.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Motion Seconded and Carried.

chiefzilla1501
01-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Stupdity level around here amazes me sometimes.

What's stupid about it? Thigpen is not a running QB as much as he is a QB who likes to use his legs to buy time and throw on the run. I thought Jeff Garcia was a more appropriate comparison, but I think Thigpen throws a much better ball than Garcia does.

There's nothing stupid about the comparison. What would be stupid would be to claim Sanchez is a Peyton Manning or Phillip Rivers type quarterback.

Just because I say he is the same style of QB as Thigpen doesn't mean I'm saying they are the same ability level.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 12:26 PM
What would Sanchez be if he came out, a 3rd rounder?

Well Petro, in his usual doucheiness, thinks Sanchez is a liability because of injuries, and this goes to show you what a bunch of fucktards are on that show; Marks injury "list" is one broken thumb and a very minor leg injury for fucks-sake!

But yeah, he'd probably fall third just because of Stafford and the ridiculous hype around Bradford and T-Bitch.

SAUTO
01-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Well Petro, in his usual doucheiness, thinks Sanchez is a liability because of injuries, and this goes to show you what a bunch of fucktards are on that show; Marks injury "list" is one broken thumb and a very minor leg injury for fucks-sake!

But yeah, he'd probably fall third just because of Stafford and the ridiculous hype around Bradford and T-Bitch.

quick question DCS: how did you and claythan end up with the same guy in your avatars?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 01:11 PM
quick question DCS: how did you and claythan end up with the same guy in your avatars?

We're the same person.*

*According to some, anyway.

Dallas Chief
01-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I'd prefer Sanchez over the Bradford or Stafford anyday. Of the three he seems to be the most NFL ready. I could be wrong and Bradford could end up being the shizz in the NFL. I saw nothing in Stafford yesterday that impressed me. Maybe I was wasn't watching close enough. JMHO...

Munson
01-02-2009, 01:19 PM
I would love for KC to draft Sanchez at #3 if he declares. Being an SC fan, and having seen most of his games, I have no doubt that he could be the franchise QB that the Chiefs so desperately need. If he doesn't declare, I'd be ok with Stafford if he makes it to the #3 pick.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I saw nothing in Stafford yesterday that impressed me. Maybe I was wasn't watching close enough. JMHO...

You were not watching close enough.

BigMeatballDave
01-02-2009, 01:22 PM
II saw nothing in Stafford yesterday that impressed me. Maybe I was wasn't watching close enough. JMHO...He struggled in the 1st half. He was 'off'. He lit it up in the 2nd though.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I'd prefer Sanchez over the Bradford or Stafford anyday. Of the three he seems to be the most NFL ready. I could be wrong and Bradford could end up being the shizz in the NFL. I saw nothing in Stafford yesterday that impressed me. Maybe I was wasn't watching close enough. JMHO...

Matt didn't have a "break out day" yesterday, but he's not horrible.

The thing I like about Mark in comparison is that you can pull video from any of his games this season, and watch him play just like he did yesterday.

teedubya
01-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, Sanchez looks better that Matt Lionheart... what a bust.

Wilson8
01-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Mark Sanchez has a lot of positives. He really looked good in yesterday’s Rose Bowl. In high school he was a good student and was president of the student government and captain of the basketball team. He trained as a QB with Bob Johnson, Rob Johnson’s father and the same coach that worked with Carson Palmer. His father is a fire captain in Orange County. His older brother, Nick Jr., played QB at Yale. Mark will probably make a very good NFL QB some day. The only real drawback with Mark is his lack of college QB playing time and he will probably stay for one more year of college experience.

This is a pretty interesting read if you want to know more about Mark Sanchez - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanchez

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 02:40 PM
Yesterday, 02:37 PM Post #4 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5347417&postcount=4), ***The Official Rose Bowl Game Thread***

Gather up and gather 'round QB-hunters; it's time for your lesson in This Is How It's Done.

I'm getting too good at this shit. Yep, just like Flowers all over again.

Own....Horn....Bah-LOWN! :rockon::fire:

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Sanchez reminds me so much like Aikman.

Wilson8
01-02-2009, 02:49 PM
From ESPN's Todd McShay

There isn't a senior quarterback worth selecting in the first two-to-three rounds of the 2009 NFL draft, so teams in search of a future franchise quarterback are waiting anxiously for the upcoming January 15th deadline to see which of the top underclass signal-callers will be available.
Colt McCoy of Texas has already announced that he intends to come back for his senior year, but the plot thickened for the rest of the group less than 24 hours into the New Year. Georgia's Matthew Stafford kicked things off with an underwhelming showing in a 24-12 victory over Michigan State and by mid-afternoon news broke of Kansas State QB Josh Freeman's questionable decision to throw his hat in the 2009 NFL draft ring. Mark Sanchez capped off the day with a record-setting performance in USC's 38-24 Rose Bowl win over Penn State.
Stafford and Sanchez now have two weeks to mull over a potentially life-changing decision. That's one more week than Oklahoma's Sam Bradford and Florida's Tim Tebow, who are preparing for the FedEx BCS National Championship Game, so stay tuned.

Additional information is needed before teams will make any final decisions. More film must be studied, official measurements must be taken, background checks must be completed and medical/psychological tests must be administered. For now, though, here is my ranking of the top 15 quarterbacks assuming all eligible underclassmen are available (underclassmen denoted by an asterisk):
1. Sam Bradford*, Oklahoma
2. Mark Sanchez*, USC
3. Matthew Stafford*, Georgia
4. Nate Davis*, Ball State
5. Josh Freeman*, Kansas State
6. Tim Tebow*, Florida
7. Graham Harrell, Texas Tech
8. Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
9. Mike Reilly, Central Washington
10. Drew Willy, Buffalo
11. Nate Brown, Central Arkansas
12. John Parker Wilson, Alabama
13. Chase Daniel, Missouri
14. Cullen Harper, Clemson
15. Curtis Painter, Purdue

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3805874

Cornstock
01-02-2009, 02:53 PM
I dont think ol "Dirty" will come out but just in case he does, I payed special attention to his major knock yesterday (being his slow release). It really showed up at the beginning of the game when the guy came around the edge and forced that fumble (albeit he was offsides). But there were other spots throughout the game where it just seemed like he was a bit slow getting the ball out.

I also watched Stafford and the thing that stuck out to me was his armstrength. After having a slow first half, he really zipped the ball around in the second half. The game was reminiscent of Matt Ryan's comeback win last year vs VT, where he played like crap the whole game but still led the game winning drive. Stafford just didnt wait until the last drive of the game like Ryan.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2009, 03:37 PM
He'll be a fine QB in this league. I think he needs another year of college ball.

It doesn't matter. IMO, he's coming out, his stock is super high and will only increase, he smells that cheddar.

Danman
01-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Whatever "it" is: charisma, ability to elevate the play of your teammates, pizazz, or whatever, Sanchez has it. Bradford has it too. I don't see that when I watch Stafford. It's like ho hum here we go. Nothing really to get excited about.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Mark Sanchez has a lot of positives. He really looked good in yesterday’s Rose Bowl. In high school he was a good student and was president of the student government and captain of the basketball team. He trained as a QB with Bob Johnson, Rob Johnson’s father and the same coach that worked with Carson Palmer. His father is a fire captain in Orange County. His older brother, Nick Jr., played QB at Yale. Mark will probably make a very good NFL QB some day. The only real drawback with Mark is his lack of college QB playing time and he will probably stay for one more year of college experience.

This is a pretty interesting read if you want to know more about Mark Sanchez - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Sanchez

Dude, it's wikifuckingpedia. That's garbage. Anyone can put anything in there. I can go make an account and say Mark Sanchez sucked your dick back in 1943.

SPATCH
01-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Whatever "it" is: charisma, ability to elevate the play of your teammates, pizazz, or whatever, Sanchez has it. Bradford has it too. I don't see that when I watch Stafford. It's like ho hum here we go. Nothing really to get excited about.

well "it" in college doesn't transfer to the nfl automatically... ken dorsey is a prime example...

it's easy to win when your team is literally crawling with blue chippers

ILChief
01-02-2009, 04:04 PM
I'm fine w/ Sanchez. I'd be happy with Stafford, Bradford, or Sanchez.

KCChiefsMan
01-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Sanchez > Bradford > Stafford

IMO

Bradford being a pretty close 2nd

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM

I'd love to watch our Corners try to pick him off in practice. Mark's the only QB I've seen, as a potential prospect, who can throw in to double and triple coverage and get it done consistently.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 05:06 PM

IMO

We'll see how he fares in the Championship; should be interesting.

Danman
01-02-2009, 05:16 PM

I agree. I'm not against Stafford, just like Sanchez better. I'm all for getting and developing a QB and the more underclassmen that come out the better.

Reerun_KC
01-02-2009, 05:28 PM
We'll see how he fares in the Championship; should be interesting.

Most likely ass...

I can see Bradford falling all over the place when he finally has to go up against a defense....

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Most likely ass...

I can see Bradford falling all over the place when he finally has to go up against a defense....

But does Florida even HAVE a defense that can bring it? I'm noticing that these college defenses seem to be getting less and less impressive as the years go by.

And I wonder if the talent level is even what it used to be these days. You look at all these NFL teams firing coaches and GM's at an unprecedented rate for win/loss failures, and you have to ask and/or wonder if the colleges are still capable of making players for the pro's anymore.

Who knows?

Reerun_KC
01-02-2009, 05:41 PM
But does Florida even HAVE a defense that can bring it? I'm noticing that these college defenses seem to be getting less and less impressive as the years go by.

And I wonder if the talent level is even what it used to be these days. You look at all these NFL teams firing coaches and GM's at an unprecedented rate for win/loss failures, and you have to ask and/or wonder if the colleges are still capable of making players for the pro's anymore.

Who knows?

DCS, I think FL's D is good enough to actually force Bradford into throws he is not used to making... It will be very rare that a WR has 5-10 yards of seperation like normal, so he will have to step up.

NO way Bradford has these stats playing in the SEC....

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 05:43 PM
DCS, I think FL's D is good enough to actually force Bradford into throws he is not used to making... It will be very rare that a WR has 5-10 yards of seperation like normal, so he will have to step up.

NO way Bradford has these stats playing in the SEC....

Good. This kid needs some testing. I think he would have crumbled under Penn States mediocre attack, given the same O-line that Mark was using yesterday.

Reerun_KC
01-02-2009, 05:49 PM
Good. This kid needs some testing. I think he would have crumbled under Penn States mediocre attack, given the same O-line that Mark was using yesterday.

This will be the game that will define him for the draft, I feel. The Defenses in the Big 12 are very "meh".

IF he comes out and plays solid, he will be worth the 1st round pick, This wil be the closest he has played against an NFL level defense in years...

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 05:50 PM
This will be the game that will define him for the draft, I feel. The Defenses in the Big 12 are very "meh".

IF he comes out and plays solid, he will be worth the 1st round pick, This wil be the closest he has played against an NFL level defense in years...

Good deal; I'm ready to see who's who and what's what.

Mecca
01-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I dont think ol "Dirty" will come out but just in case he does, I payed special attention to his major knock yesterday (being his slow release). It really showed up at the beginning of the game when the guy came around the edge and forced that fumble (albeit he was offsides). But there were other spots throughout the game where it just seemed like he was a bit slow getting the ball out.

I also watched Stafford and the thing that stuck out to me was his armstrength. After having a slow first half, he really zipped the ball around in the second half. The game was reminiscent of Matt Ryan's comeback win last year vs VT, where he played like crap the whole game but still led the game winning drive. Stafford just didnt wait until the last drive of the game like Ryan.

When a guy lines up offside and comes completely around the OT to a QB's blind side there's a good shot of a fumble regardless of who the QB is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 06:04 PM
When a guy lines up offside and comes completely around the OT to a QB's blind side there's a good shot of a fumble regardless of who the QB is.

I don't know where he's getting "slow release" from...:spock:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 06:06 PM
I dunno, that comparing him to Thigpen thing was really funny though.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2009, 06:07 PM
i'll give a mod every bit of casino cash i got if they set it up so the name "Mark Sanchez" censor changes to "Dirty Sanchez"

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 06:08 PM
i'll give a mod every bit of casino cash i got if they set it up so the name "Mark Sanchez" censor changes to "Dirty Sanchez"

:spock::shake:

Mecca
01-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Laz is here to tell us he doesn't want him simply cause he's from SC.

Mr. Laz
01-02-2009, 06:12 PM
:spock::shake:
oh blow me ......

like i give a shit how much you and your boyfriend mecca love usc

Mecca
01-02-2009, 06:14 PM
oh blow me ......

I'd like to know what his college has to do with looking at guys in relation to the Chiefs...

Not wanting players from SC right now would be like not wanting Miami players when they were an NFL factory, it's retarded.

SPATCH
01-02-2009, 06:21 PM
he looks like a right-handed matt lienhart, which is not NECESSARILY a bad thing (lienhart does a helluva beer bong). i just wonder how much of his success is due to there being an exorbitant amount of five-star recruits surrounding him...

...that being said i still like him better than stafford

Mecca
01-02-2009, 07:31 PM
he looks like a right-handed matt lienhart, which is not NECESSARILY a bad thing (lienhart does a helluva beer bong). i just wonder how much of his success is due to there being an exorbitant amount of five-star recruits surrounding him...

...that being said i still like him better than stafford

Why can no one spell Leinart properly?

And he has a better arm than Leinart does....USC has talent yes, but even if you love the guys they have now, none of those players are the college players that Bush, White, Williams or Jarrett were.

J Diddy
01-02-2009, 07:40 PM

And he has a better arm than Leinart does....USC has talent yes, but even if you love the guys they have now, none of those players are the college players that Bush, White, Williams or Jarrett were.

Wy yu sew angree Mekka aboot speiling?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Laz is here to tell us he doesn't want him simply cause he's from SC.

First, a DCS Code Refresher:

"The Dead Milkmen" = You are utterly fucking hopeless; remove yourself from the Gene-Poole at once.
Well, with that kind of "reasoning" on Laz's part, there really is only one appropriate response...

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTuJCKzPdNc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Ahh...The Classics.

oh blow me ......

And yet I'm still "treated" on a daily basis to the hideousness that IS a portion of the John Brown / Free State Brewery painting. Yay "art". Yayy...:spock:

Because he is utterly fucking forgettable.

chief52
01-03-2009, 10:38 AM
As Carroll says, one game does not decide where you are drafted...

"It's common for people to think that if you have a big last game it makes a big difference," in possible draft position, Carroll said. "But that's not how it works. . . . It's the body of work that tells the story of who you are."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-uscfyi3-2009jan03,0,6806384.story

USC Coach Pete Carroll said Friday that quarterback Mark Sanchez should not get caught up in the euphoria of his outstanding Rose Bowl performance as he considers whether to return for a final season or make himself available for the NFL draft.

Sanchez was selected as the Rose Bowl's offensive most valuable player after passing for four touchdowns and running for another in the Trojans' 38-24 victory over Penn State on Thursday.

"That's the kind of emotional stuff that should not weigh significantly in this decision," said Carroll, who will meet with Sanchez and his family next week.

Sanchez, a fourth-year junior, completed 28 of 35 passes for 413 yards without an interception against the Nittany Lions.

"It's common for people to think that if you have a big last game it makes a big difference," in possible draft position, Carroll said. "But that's not how it works. . . . It's the body of work that tells the story of who you are."

Sanchez passed for 34 touchdowns with only 10 interceptions in his first season as the Trojans' starter.

The deadline to declare for the draft is Jan. 15.

"I'm excited that I have a great coach to talk about it with," Sanchez said after the Rose Bowl. "He's the one who has brought up everything to me, and he'll give me all the right information."

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2009, 10:43 AM

I didn't notice the slow release and holding on to the ball too long, but it's something to be mindful of. One thing I do notice is he has a bad habit of holding on to the ball with one hand and handling it low, which could be a problem if he gets blindside pressure.

But what I really like about the kid is his ability to throw on the run. For a guy who doesn't run a lot, he's incredibly elusive. That could be a huge asset. I think the most appropriate comparison from what we've seen (I know I said Thigpen before), but he looks like Jeff Garcia with a much better arm. Much better.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I didn't notice the slow release and holding on to the ball too long, but it's something to be mindful of. One thing I do notice is he has a bad habit of holding on to the ball with one hand and handling it low, which could be a problem if he gets blindside pressure.

But what I really like about the kid is his ability to throw on the run. For a guy who doesn't run a lot, he's incredibly elusive. That could be a huge asset. I think the most appropriate comparison from what we've seen (I know I said Thigpen before), but he looks like Jeff Garcia with a much better arm. Much better.

The speed at which he can scrap the play, make an adjustment, and come up with positive yardage looks superhuman at the college level, and should serve him well in the NFL.
He'll be a good leader too. When he get's fired up, it's like "Man-Pissed", as opposed to a Cutler/Rivers "hissy-bitch".

PunkinDrublic
01-03-2009, 12:02 PM
I think what sold me on Sanchez in that game is that he was taking his fair share of shots while making some big time throws. Sanchez or Stafford you really can't lose if you have the two to pick from.

dj56dt58
01-03-2009, 12:07 PM
He could beat Thigpen just by stepping on the field. And you're right; there is NO Lienart in him. Thank God.

yeah..thigpen is aweful and shouldnt be given a chance to actually go through training camp/preseason as the starter in order to develop..no..never

Im all for drafting a qb but all this thigpen sucks and shouldnt be given a chance needs to stop..seriously

PunkinDrublic
01-03-2009, 12:26 PM
yeah..thigpen is aweful and shouldnt be given a chance to actually go through training camp/preseason as the starter in order to develop..no..never

Im all for drafting a qb but all this thigpen sucks and shouldnt be given a chance needs to stop..seriously

I don't see why not. If he's as bad as you say he is, a first round QB should have no problem beating him out in training camp.

Danman
01-03-2009, 01:25 PM
I too, did not see a slow release from Sanchez-I thought just the opposite. The thing that really impressed me was his ability to read a defense and freeze the safties with his eyes, before turning his head and throwing the other way.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
I too, did not see a slow release from Sanchez-I thought just the opposite. The thing that really impressed me was his ability to read a defense and freeze the safties with his eyes, before turning his head and throwing the other way.

The way he timed and threaded that run to the end-zone wasn't anything to sneeze at either.

Smart n00b REP!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 01:51 PM

Regardless of who we draft, Thigpen should absolutely be allowed to compete for the starting spot.
I don't want to completely oust the guy, because he would be the best back up the Chiefs have had in years.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 02:52 PM

Im all for drafting a qb but all this thigpen sucks and shouldnt be given a chance needs to stop..seriouslyThis is dumb. I'm all for drafting a QB at 3, but Thig should be here to compete. The problem for Thig is we'll need to install an offense that suits the QB drafted.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2009, 02:57 PM
OMG Thigpen is NOT an NFL starting QB. The pistol is cute, I'll give it that, but come on. Can you see us winning a Super Bowl doing that shit? Plus his QB rating goes down dramatically as the game goes on. That's not NFL starting QB material at all.

RustShack
01-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Dirty Sanchez to Mexican Tony!

Ebolapox
01-03-2009, 03:21 PM

blindside pressure you say? good thing we have brandon albert :p

KCrockaholic
01-03-2009, 03:21 PM
He'd be the second or third QB on my board, like most people, but I'd be happy if they wanted to spend our second rounder on him.

It would be nice to go into the year with Thigpen, a new young QB, and a new veteran QB for tutoring purposes.

My thoughts exactly

milkman
01-03-2009, 03:37 PM

My thoughts exactly

I feel compelled to repeat what I said to King_Chief_Fan in another thread.

Some of you people are just too fucking stupid to breathe.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I would love for KC to draft Sanchez at #3 if he declares. Being an SC fan, and having seen most of his games, I have no doubt that he could be the franchise QB that the Chiefs so desperately need. If he doesn't declare, I'd be ok with Stafford if he makes it to the #3 pick.

Matt Millen? Is that you?

Frankie
01-03-2009, 06:00 PM

Not with the 3rd pick.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 06:01 PM

IMO

About right IMO.

Mecca
01-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't think Frankie should be allowed to make Matt Millen jokes.

beach tribe
01-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Regardless of who we draft, Thigpen should absolutely be allowed to compete for the starting spot.
I don't want to completely oust the guy, because he would be the best back up the Chiefs have had in years.

Yep. No matter who we draft Thigpen should start the season. Unless he just flat out loses the job in camp. Which he probably will come to think of it. If we're gonna run pro style offense anyway.

beach tribe
01-03-2009, 06:06 PM
About right IMO.

Imo Right now

Sanchez>Stafford>Bradford

Two yrs from now

Stafford>Sanchez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradford

Frankie
01-03-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't think Frankie should be allowed to make Matt Millen jokes.

Two words: Ryan Clady.

Mecca
01-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Two words: Ryan Clady.

Yea and Al Saunders would be an awesome head coach and Matt Ryan is gonna be awful right?

Frankie
01-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Yea and Al Saunders would be an awesome head coach and Matt Ryan is gonna be awful right?

We don't know about Saunders, do we? And there's no reason to know for sure if MR would have panned out in our system. Nevertheless, I reiterate that I like MR enough, but considered him too risky with his resume to be a top 5 choice. In my perfect world we would have gotten Jake long with our 5 and Ryan a little later in the round. Maybe we would have had to package our 2nd 1st with one of the 3s to move up some to get Ryan.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Not with the 3rd pick.

Your a fucking retard then.

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2009, 07:00 PM
Do you all really want the Chiefs to draft a QB to be coached by Dick Curl?

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Do you all really want the Chiefs to draft a QB to be coached by Dick Curl?Chances are, when the new GM takes over, we'll have a new staff. A GM thats not retarded, that is...

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Chances are, when the new GM takes over, we'll have a new staff. A GM thats not retarded, that is...

we have to hope

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Matt Millen? Is that you?OMG Quit while you're ahead. :rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Not with the 3rd pick.

dumb-ass [duhm-as] –noun Slang: Vulgar. a thoroughly stupid person; blockhead.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Yep. No matter who we draft Thigpen should start the season. Unless he just flat out loses the job in camp. Which he probably will come to think of it. If we're gonna run pro style offense anyway.
He will lose the job in training camp. They will go back to a conventional offense if we draft a QB.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Two words: Ryan Clady.What about him?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 08:08 PM
OMG Thigpen is NOT an NFL starting QB. The pistol is cute, I'll give it that, but come on. Can you see us winning a Super Bowl doing that shit? Plus his QB rating goes down dramatically as the game goes on. That's not NFL starting QB material at all.

The Mickey Mouse Offense was a fun novelty for a shitty year under Herm "The Werm" Edwards, but Thunderbutt is right; playtime OVER! time to get back to work, and back to NFL Football!

Dirty Sanchez to Mexican Tony!

All day, every day, and for the rest of our miserable lives if we're lucky.

blindside pressure you say? good thing we have brandon albert :p
This.

I feel compelled to repeat what I said to King_Chief_Fan in another thread.

Some of you people are just too fucking stupid to breathe.
Unfortunately, this.

Imo Right now

Sanchez>Stafford>Bradford

Two yrs from now

Stafford>Sanchez>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradford
Better watch it; Boomer-Douchers don't take reality OR criticism worth a shit.

Your a fucking retard then.
What he said.

Do you all really want a Chief QB to be coached by Dick Curl?
1) FYP.
2) No. Fuck No. Mitt Romney as President No.

Chances are, when the new GM takes over, we'll have a new staff. A GM thats not retarded, that is...
We have to be due for a break. You can't slather this many years of fucktardedness on an NFL Franchise and NOT catch some good Karma.
I hope. Where's my golden idol?

we have to hope

Yes, absolutely.

ChiefsCountry
01-03-2009, 08:27 PM
What about him?

Its the one player he pimped that turned out good, even though most people thought he would in Denver's system.

Danman
01-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Smart n00b REP!

Thanks for the rep, Can't wait for the combine to see these three in action. No bowls for underclassmen. Usually by draft time, the ranking of first round players flips around 2-3 times. let's see whose considered better after the combine.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the rep, Can't wait for the combine to see these three in action. No bowls for underclassmen. Usually by draft time, the ranking of first round players flips around 2-3 times. let's see whose considered better after the combine.

Your welcome. It's entirely possible that Stafford and Bradford MAY be better Combine Techs. I can see them being better at doing something like that, where no ones in your face, and nothing really counts in terms of winning a football game, ya' know?

I almost hope they are, so that Detroit will be suckered in to picking Bradford with the highest Combine numbers and his Heisman Trophy. If we get Stafford I won't complain; he's a good pick, but I just KNOW it's gonna' take him twice as long to be ready as Mark, and twice as long to get a fucking Super Bowl ring. I'm talking "Elway long".
With Mark, we've got a guy who is ready to go to work on day one. The guy just doesn't collapse under pressure; he makes positive yardage.

Cheers!:toast:

milkman
01-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Your welcome. It's entirely possible that Stafford and Bradford MAY be better Combine Techs. I can see them being better at doing something like that, where no ones in your face, and nothing really counts in terms of winning a football game, ya' know?

I almost hope they are, so that Detroit will be suckered in to picking Bradford with the highest Combine numbers and his Heisman Trophy. If we get Stafford I won't complain; he's a good pick, but I just KNOW it's gonna' take him twice as long to be ready as Mark, and twice as long to get a ****ing Super Bowl ring. I'm talking "Elway long".
With Mark, we've got a guy who is ready to go to work on day one. The guy just doesn't collapse under pressure; he makes positive yardage.

Cheers!:toast:

Elway took so long to get a SB win because he wasn't really surrounded by a lot of talent until his last couple of seasons.

People can talk about the likes of Randy Gradishar, Karl Mecklinberg, The Three Amigos, etc, but that was really a mediocre group of players.

He carried those early teams to the SB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Elway took so long to get a SB win because he wasn't really surrounded by a lot of talent until his last couple of seasons.

People can talk about the likes of Randy Gradishar, Karl Mecklinberg, The Three Amigos, etc, but that was really a mediocre group of players.

He carried those early teams to the SB.

I'll buy it.

Let's just hope that Pioli or whoever can surround QBOTF with the tools to get there sooner rather than later.
Who's your pick for GM?

milkman
01-03-2009, 10:14 PM
I'll buy it.

Let's just hope that Pioli or whoever can surround QBOTF with the tools to get there sooner rather than later.
Who's your pick for GM?

Eric DeCosta

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Eric DeCosta

Intriguing. Director of College Scouting for the Ravens to Chiefs GM? Why?

Deberg_1990
01-03-2009, 10:22 PM

He could deliver us Rex Ryan as head coach.

HIChief
01-03-2009, 10:25 PM

Don't we have any wonderful receivers that Sanchez could throw to?

milkman
01-03-2009, 10:28 PM

Because he's been part of an organization that's done a pretty good job of drafting over years, and an organization that wasn't afraid of taking a chance on a QB in the first round just a few scant years after making a mistake on a QB in the first round previously.

He also has connections to two of the better HC candidates in Jim Swartz, as well as Rex Ryan.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 10:39 PM

An SWOSU Bulldog? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Because he's been part of an organization that's done a pretty good job of drafting over years, and an organization that wasn't afraid of taking a chance on a QB in the first round just a few scant years after making a mistake on a QB in the first round previously.

He also has connections to two of the better HC candidates in Jim Swartz, as well as Rex Ryan.

I take it your both fans of DC's to HC's then?

We'll see how it all pans out I guess. At this point I'm not too hyped about anyone, and all these sudden vacancies around the NFL aren't doing much to help my hope or enthusiasm.

Danman
01-03-2009, 10:42 PM

I agree. I like DaCosta. Let's get a GM and then worry about the coach

chiefzilla1501
01-03-2009, 10:43 PM

Blergh.

Knowing X's and O's doesn't make a good coach. He's been a defensive assistant and coordinator for one of the best defenses in the league and hasn't even sniffed an interview. I think front offices know this guy is not HC material.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Blergh.

Knowing X's and O's doesn't make a good coach. He's been a defensive assistant and coordinator for one of the best defenses in the league and hasn't even sniffed an interview. I think front offices know this guy is not HC material.

Huh?? He was hot last year. He interviewed with Miami and Atlanta i believe.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Your a ****ing retard then.

Projecting much?

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Blergh.

Huh?

He turned down interviews to become the DC back in 2005, and interviewed with several teams last year, Atlanta being one of them.

He's a candidate for every open job, save Cleveland.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 10:56 PM
dumb-ass [duhm-as] –noun Slang: Vulgar. a thoroughly stupid person; blockhead.

Your a ****ing retard then.

Losers who have nothing to base their opinions on, mounting personal attacks out of nowhere on owner of a reasonable opinion. That's rich.

BTW, dumb and dumber, you have started the insults for no reason. So if I decide to play your game don't whine like bitches.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
OMG Quit while you're ahead. :rolleyes:
And your problem with my post is....?

Frankie
01-03-2009, 10:58 PM
What about him?

Real genius.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Losers who have nothing to base their opinions on, mounting personal attacks out of nowhere on owner of a reasonable opinion. That's rich.

BTW, dumb and dumber, you have started the insults for no reason. So if I decide to play your game don't whine like bitches.

Frankie, I'll say this as respectfully as possible.

In this case, your opinion is nowhere NEAR reasonable.

Mark Sanchez is a Top 5 QB in the draft in any year he comes out.

He's more NFL ready than Stafford or Bradford, and I'd be willing to bet that he grades out as high, if not higher, than guys like Eli and Roethlisberger. (Who were 6.7's on a scale of 8.0)

He's the prototypical NFL QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 11:06 PM
Huh?

He turned down interviews to become the DC back in 2005, and interviewed with several teams last year, Atlanta being one of them.

He's a candidate for every open job, save Cleveland.

ROFLROFL That fucking SIG!!!!!ROFLROFL REP!

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:09 PM

He's more NFL ready than Stafford or Bradford, and I'd be willing to bet that he grades out as high, if not higher, than guys like Eli and Roethlisberger. (Who were 6.7's on a scale of 8.0)

He's the prototypical NFL QB.

I do like Sanchez. But my position is we already have had the experience of drafting a one year wonder QB high before. His name was Todd Blackledge. Now if Sanchez stays in school and repeats or improves on this year I'll be his #1 pimp next year. I also like Bradford, but I have accepted the argument that he is a spread QB. I do not really recall him in a drop-back situation. Both of these guys may very well end up being very good QBs. But all I'm saying is there is not enough evidence to make me feel comfortable about spending a real high 1st on them.

Stafford, I have not liked him so far. He physically has all the tools, but so did Ryan Leaf.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2009, 11:14 PM
I do like Sanchez. But my position is we already have had the experience of drafting a one year wonder QB high before. His name was Todd Blackledge.

So because we failed 25 years ago, lets never draft a first round QB ever again??

Good Lord...

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2009, 11:16 PM
I do like Sanchez. But my position is we already have had the experience of drafting a one year wonder QB high before. His name was Todd Blackledge. Now if Sanchez stays in school and repeats or improves on this year I'll be his #1 pimp next year. I also like Bradford, but I have accepted the argument that he is a spread QB. I do not really recall him in a drop-back situation. Both of these guys may very well end up being very good QBs. But all I'm saying is there is not enough evidence to make me feel comfortable about spending a real high 1st on them.

Stafford, I have not liked him so far. He physically has all the tools, but so did Ryan Leaf.

Again, I'll try to be as respectful as possible.

If you (as a franchise) are worried that a QB might bust because a QB you drafted TWENTY-FIVE years ago busted, then you'll never have to worry about the Super Bowl. You'll NEVER get there.

Look at a team like Baltimore.

They TRADED a 1st round pick in the next draft to pick Kyle Boller.

He busted. I think he could have been successful in a different situation with different coaching, but that is irrelevant at this point.

They went RIGHT BACK and spent another 1st round pick on a QB.

That's what you have to do to be successful long-term in this league. When you miss, get right back in the batter's box and swing again.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 11:18 PM

Stafford, I have not liked him so far. He physically has all the tools, but so did Ryan Leaf.Keep fearing drafting a QB high and you'll have EXACTLY what we have now.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Keep fearing drafting a QB high and you'll have EXACTLY what we have now.

i especially like the argument: "If we draft a top 5 QB and he busts" it will set us back years!"

Umm..we are already at rock bottom. Theres nowhere to go but up.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 11:20 PM

BTW, dumb and dumber, you have started the insults for no reason. So if I decide to play your game don't whine like bitches.I posted the insult because there is no logic in your rationale.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 11:22 PM

He's the prototypical NFL QB.I agree complelely. Reminds me of Ryan...:D

The Bad Guy
01-03-2009, 11:24 PM

Let me just say...

Frankie, I'm sure you're a nice guy. However, your football takes are some of the worst I've ever seen. Your rational for things are beyond words bad.

I would be 100% satisfied with Mark Sanchez with the 3rd pick.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Yep. Come on Frankie, you know I'm always nice to you but you're really stretching here.

You've got to realize that this Steadman/Peterson 30-year tenure has been the ASS-BACKWARDS way to run a football franchise.

"You must unlearn what you have learned".

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:29 PM
So because we failed 25 years ago, lets never draft a first round QB ever again??

Good Lord...

Never said that. If an Elway or Manning is there at 3, by all means draft him. Sanchez hasn't shown that he is one. Nor have the other two. I have nothing against drafting them. Only lets draft them at value. Granted, the combines might add a lot of positive points to their resume. My opinion right now is based on the info and the history available SO FAR.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2009, 11:31 PM
i especially like the argument: "If we draft a top 5 QB and he busts" it will set us back years!"

Umm..we are already at rock bottom. Theres nowhere to go but up.

True, there is nowhere to go but up.

But if a QB busts, you're pretty much guaranteed to stay on the bottom for 4-5 years.

Having a QB bust has a much bigger negative impact on the franchise than any other position.

If a LT busts, you can move him inside, or keep playing him. His play doesn't affect the entire offense. You can give him help, run to the right more, etc.

If a QB busts, he brings the entire offense down. No one can produce with a bad QB. The running game is eliminated because teams are going to put 8 in the box and dare the bad QB to beat them - which can't happen.

A Top 5 QB bust will absolutely set the franchise back 4-5 years. Other positions won't.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2009, 11:32 PM
Never said that. If an Elway or Manning is there at 3, by all means draft him. Sanchez hasn't shown that he is one. Nor have the other two. I have nothing against drafting them. Only lets draft them at value. Granted, the combines might add a lot of positive points to their resume. My opinion right now is based on the info and the history available SO FAR.

Sanchez, Bradford or Stafford will never make it out of the top 10 in any year.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Sanchez, Bradford or Stafford will never make it out of the top 10 in any year.

I'll argue that Bradford would/will, because there are going to be a LOT of teams that are concerned about him playing out of the spread.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Again, I'll try to be as respectful as possible.

If you (as a franchise) are worried that a QB might bust because a QB you drafted TWENTY-FIVE years ago busted, then you'll never have to worry about the Super Bowl. You'll NEVER get there.

Look at a team like Baltimore.

They TRADED a 1st round pick in the next draft to pick Kyle Boller.

He busted. I think he could have been successful in a different situation with different coaching, but that is irrelevant at this point.

They went RIGHT BACK and spent another 1st round pick on a QB.

That's what you have to do to be successful long-term in this league. When you miss, get right back in the batter's box and swing again.

A high pick QB bust will set us back a bunch of extra years. Like it did the Ravens. My opinion is based on what I want to see us do or avoid. Call me selfish, but I'm not getting any younger. If there's not a sure fire QB available at 3, let's use that pick for a sure fire player of need or try to trade down for extra picks and say Sanchez. If we keep building a solid team to put a young QB in the center of we will get that QB and the team will carry him until he'll be a fixture.

BTW, thanks for keeping things respectful. But I can't see why it should be so hard in a discussion that is not about a life and death situation.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2009, 11:37 PM
A high pick QB bust will set us back a bunch of extra years. Like it did the Ravens. My opinion is based on what I want to see us do or avoid. Call me selfish, but I'm not getting any younger. If there's not a sure fire QB available at 3, let's use that pick for a sure fire player of need or try to trade down for extra picks and say Sanchez. If we keep building a solid team to put a young QB in the center of we will get that QB and the team will carry him until he'll be a fixture.

What do you think is fair value for Sanchez? Stafford?

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:38 PM

I would draft a Manning or an Elway in the 1st 3 picks in a heartbeat.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Sorry. Still stupid logic.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 11:40 PM
I would draft a Manning or an Elway in the 1st 3 picks in a heartbeat.LMAO This just makes no sense.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I'll argue that Bradford would/will, because there are going to be a LOT of teams that are concerned about him playing out of the spread.

Ah, speaking of the Boomer-Douchers; found this by accident on the web:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blogs.mediavillage.com/tv_maven/archives/DavidBromstad_0871.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php%3Fact%3DPrint%26client%3Dprinter%26f%3D4%26t%3D83949&usg=__ANDXOasnqKXiPgaaVN1PqqenxpY=&h=300&w=362&sz=56&hl=en&start=109&sig2=mAc8mpKVA9qZ3fxyh26ZbA&tbnid=XLOstAr0uLJDQM:&tbnh=100&tbnw=121&ei=eDpgSeGBEZWUsAOK08WZDQ&prev=/images%3Fq%3DSam%2BBradford%26start%3D108%26gbv%3D2%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN

Some of them are pretty lame, but others are way hilarious.

Frankie
I posted the insult because there is no logic in your rationale.

Insults are designed to hurt. Why would you want to hurt me in a discussion about a game? Did I do anything to your family?

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm glad Frankie isn't our GM. We'd have Tebow as our starting QB, and 52 RTs.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Insults are designed to hurt. Why would you want to hurt me in a discussion about a game? Did I do anything to your family?Not trying to hurt. Trying to get you to wake up. BTW, if calling your logic stupid hurts you, maybe you should only post at the Mane.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Let me just say...

Frankie, I'm sure you're a nice guy. However, your football takes are some of the worst I've ever seen. Your rational for things are beyond words bad.

I would be 100% satisfied with Mark Sanchez with the 3rd pick.

So all you are saying is since you disagree with me about Sanchez or Stafford my rationale is beyond bad. You have the right to disagree with me. But that does not necessarily make you correct or me bereft of football knowledge. I do get a lot of agreeable comments, reps and PMs, thank you very much.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:48 PM

I have to wait for the combine results to form a final opinion. Right now I'm weary of using a 3rd on them.

DeezNutz
01-03-2009, 11:48 PM

5th. Rounder, that is. Based on the fact that Herm was a 4th.

Seems about right. After all, Herm has never made a mistake. Can you say the same about these two?

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 11:49 PM
5th. Rounder, that is. Based on the fact that Herm was a 4th.

Seems about right. After all, Herm has never made a mistake. Can you say the same about these two?LMAO

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm glad Frankie isn't our GM. We'd have Tebow as our starting QB, and 52 RTs.

I don't want Tebow as Chief QB AT ALL. If we draft him as a QB it better be no earlier than 7th. He will be drafted much higher though, but in a different position, IMO.

DeezNutz
01-03-2009, 11:50 PM

BTW, thanks for keeping things respectful. But I can't see why it should be so hard in a discussion that is not about a life and death situation.

I haven't read this entire thread, and I'm assuming this has been pointed out already, but the biggest flaw in your argument, and I'm talking HUGE, is that you keep alluding to a "sure fire" player when talking about the draft.

This doesn't exist. For QB or ANY other position.

BigMeatballDave
01-03-2009, 11:51 PM
I have to wait for the combine results to form a final opinion. Right now I'm weary of using a 3rd on them.They haven't even declared. The deadline is Jan. 15th.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2009, 11:51 PM
I have to wait for the combine results to form a final opinion. Right now I'm weary of using a 3rd on them.

So, you're forming an opinion on what they do in a workout - in shorts and a tee shirt - than what they did on the field?

DeezNutz
01-03-2009, 11:52 PM
LMAO

I'm telling Herm you laughed. He'll be able to explain his own perfection a bit better.

He'll straighten you up.

BigMeatballDave
I don't want Tebow as Chief QB AT ALL. If we draft him as a QB it better be no earlier than 7th. He will be drafted much higher though, but in a different position, IMO.ROFL Just messing with ya.

Mecca
I don't want Tebow as Chief QB AT ALL. If we draft him as a QB it better be no earlier than 7th. He will be drafted much higher though, but in a different position, IMO.

Aren't you one of the people that loves Bradford?

I think you put a little to much value in college stats.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
I haven't read this entire thread, and I'm assuming this has been pointed out already, but the biggest flaw in your argument, and I'm talking HUGE, is that you keep alluding to a "sure fire" player when talking about the draft.

This doesn't exist. For QB or ANY other position.
Manning and Elway were as close to sure fire in predraft opinions as I recall. I'm straining to remember another QB coming out of college with that much universal confidence about their potential.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
They haven't even declared. The deadline is Jan. 15th.

true.

Mecca
01-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Manning and Elway were as close to sure fire in predraft opinions as I recall. I'm straining to remember another QB coming out of college with that much universal confidence about their potential.

Even Manning had some question marks...it's going to be very very difficult to find someone that every single person likes.

Frankie
01-03-2009, 11:57 PM
So, you're forming an opinion on what they do in a workout - in shorts and a tee shirt - than what they did on the field?

No not just the workouts. All of these QBs have something positive about them. But the workouts will add or subtract from that.

Mecca
01-03-2009, 11:58 PM
No not just the workouts. All of these QBs have something positive about them. But the workouts will add or subtract from that.

Well you better get ready because Bradford is the one that will look the worst in the workout situation of all these guys.

DeezNutz
01-04-2009, 12:00 AM

You also said sure fire in a position of need, and Dorsey was an example of this. Not so much this year, huh?

Now, this book is far from written, but guys don't live up to expectations all the time. The cliche example is Leaf. All the experts said he was "can't miss."

It happens in every major sport. Guy who is supposed to be a lock ****ing stud, is average. For example, I give you Alex Gordon.

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Well you better get ready because Bradford is the one that will look the worst in the workout situation of all these guys.Yep. If all 3 declare, Stafford and Sanchez will stand out in accuracy, footwork, mechanics, etc.

Frankie
01-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Aren't you one of the people that loves Bradford?

I think you put a little to much value in college stats.

I have already said many times that I have listened to arguments about him being a spread QB. Since then, I have tried to watch him in a drop-back situation. I don't recall any. Or at least any worth remembering. That does worry me about him a bit. He may prove to have the footwork and other capabilities necessary, but not having witnessed them makes me wonder.

The Bad Guy
01-04-2009, 12:06 AM
So all you are saying is since you disagree with me about Sanchez or Stafford my rationale is beyond bad. You have the right to disagree with me. But that does not necessarily make you correct or me bereft of football knowledge. I do get a lot of agreeable comments, reps and PMs, thank you very much.

Congratulations.

Your rationale is beyond bad in every football discussion. When it's black and white, it's blue to you.

If you are that against Sanchez, then it makes me even more comfortable taking him.

This team has played it safe for far too long. You take a QB with the 3rd pick and you move forward. If everyone had your thought process, there would be no Mannings, Rivers, Cutler, Ryan, McNabb, or Roethlisburger on their current team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2009, 12:07 AM
Yep. If all 3 declare, Stafford and Sanchez will stand out in accuracy, footwork, mechanics, etc.

I'm more inclined to believe he'll fall short in the BCS Championship. That's IF Florida has a defense that's worth a shit.

Mecca
01-04-2009, 12:09 AM
I have already said many times that I have listened to arguments about him being a spread QB. Since then, I have tried to watch him in a drop-back situation. I don't recall any. Or at least any worth remembering. That does worry me about him a bit. He may prove to have the footwork and other capabilities necessary, but not having witnessed them makes me wonder.

It doesn't bother you in the least that this guy never takes snaps from center and also rarely faces pressure?

That's not to say he can't do it but you actually see the other 2 guys handle pressure and play from under center.

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm more inclined to believe he'll fall short in the BCS Championship. That's IF Florida has a defense that's worth a shit.

I don't know.

They weren't terribly impressive against Alabama.

Another effort like that and OU will blow them out of the water.

Hopefully, Brandon Spikes watched the film, realized that he was the weak link that night, and decides he'll never quit on his team like that again.

BigMeatballDave
01-04-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm more inclined to believe he'll fall short in the BCS Championship. That's IF Florida has a defense that's worth a shit.I'm praying he lights it up in the championship. This way the Lions take him.

Mecca
I don't know.

Hopefully, Brandon Spikes watched the film, realized that he was the weak link that night, and decides he'll never quit on his team like that again.

A good coach can pick apart OU, it's why they struggle in BCS games, they do things on tape that give away their plays, they've been doing it for years. If you get a month to prepare it gets noticed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
I don't know.

Mmm...

FringeNC
01-04-2009, 12:13 AM
What are the latest consensus mocks if all three come out? Sanchez had to really help himself with that game.

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm praying he lights it up in the championship. This way the Lions take him.

I'm betting he doesn't even declare, and even if he did, I'm really starting to think he's not a Top 10 pick come April.

Mecca
01-04-2009, 12:15 AM
I still will contend of all the guys Bradford is the one with the most to lose. He's the highest on the radar now which means people will pick apart every little thing he does, if you're on the radar to long people forget about all the good things you do.

The other thing is he loses a ton of players namely offensive lineman..his team gets worse SC and UGA should improve.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm praying he lights it up in the championship. This way the Lions take him.

If all three come out, the Lions will take Stafford or Bradford. There's already a "knock Sanchez" movement beginning in the sports press, and the Lions are dumb enough, and in bad shape enough overall as a franchise, to ensure they'll go for one of the "Glamor Boys".

Frankie
01-04-2009, 12:19 AM
It doesn't bother you in the least that this guy never takes snaps from center and also rarely faces pressure?

That's not to say he can't do it but you actually see the other 2 guys handle pressure and play from under center.

You didn't read my post, did you? I just finished saying it bothered me that I have not seen him drop back.

milkman
01-04-2009, 07:17 AM
You also said sure fire in a position of need, and Dorsey was an example of this. Not so much this year, huh?

Now, this book is far from written, but guys don't live up to expectations all the time. The cliche example is Leaf. All the experts said he was "can't miss."

It happens in every major sport. Guy who is supposed to be a lock ****ing stud, is average. For example, I give you Alex Gordon.

Tony Mandarich was heralded as the "Best LT Prospect ever".

There is no such thing as sure fire.