PDA

View Full Version : Life Oh My God.... Absinthe..... I'm lucky to be alive

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2009, 09:04 AM
I've been sitting on a bottle of ABSINTHE for a year and finally broke the seal New Years eve. This was the real stuff, straight from the cheq republic. Started a huge bon fire about 100 yards behind the house drank a couple of beers and then started to swig the Absinthe. Got to feeling good after a bit and then the next thing I know I'm trying desperately to crawl back to my truck. Jeesus Christ, I didn't even get a chance to enjoy the evening. I made it back to the house and fell through the front door and landed between the sofa and coffey table. Next thing I know its morning and as I awoke I remember thinking, DUH what happened. I stumbled to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. The side of my head was plastered with mud,there were sticks in my hair and my right cheek was all bloody.

I'll NEVER EVER drink that shit again. Hell, I'm still dizzy two days later!

KCFalcon59
01-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Do your hogs have a smile on their faces?

BigChiefFan
01-02-2009, 09:06 AM
LMAO.

Gonzo
01-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I think the ferment that stuff in wormwood which makes it a hallucinogen don't they?

BigRedChief
I've been sitting on a bottle of ABSINTHE for a year and finally broke the seal New Years eve. This was the real stuff, straight from the cheq republic. Started a huge bon fire about 100 yards behind the house drank a couple of beers and then started to swig the Absinthe. Got to feeling good after a bit and then the next thing I know I'm trying desperately to crawl back to my truck. Jeesus Christ, I didn't even get a chance to enjoy the evening. I made it back to the house and fell through the front door and landed between the sofa and coffey table. Next thing I know its morning and as I awoke I remember thinking, DUH what happened. I stumbled to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. The side of my head was plastered with mud,there were sticks in my hair and my right cheek was all bloody.

I drank that suff one time in Germany. There was a blackout and a how did I get here moment in the morning for me also.

Ebolapox
ROFL

darwin award in your future, methinks.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2009, 09:09 AM
I think the ferment that stuff in wormwood which makes it a hallucinogen don't they?

Yep! But I didn't hallucinate. I went total blackout!

Hammock Parties
01-02-2009, 09:10 AM
drank a couple of beers and then started to swig the Absinthe.

You dumbshit. That's not how you drink absinthe.

http://www.wikihow.com/Drink-Absinthe

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-02-2009, 09:10 AM

I used to drink that stuff in Prague all the time, but NOT SWIGS! ROFL

I wouldn't say a hallucinogen, more like Valium.

Otter
01-02-2009, 09:11 AM
I read that stuff was blown out proportion, kinda like eating the worm at the bottom of the tequila bottle. Never drank it so can't really say either way.

Is your cornhole sore? You may have been roofied.

Hammock Parties
01-02-2009, 09:12 AM
I read that stuff was kinda blow out proportion, kinda like eating the worm at the bottom of the tequila bottle.

REAL absinthe certainly isn't. There's a lot of watered-down, mass-produced absinthe that they sell everywhere.

I read this book all about it. The real shit is sold in very limited quantities.

DMAC
01-02-2009, 09:13 AM
It's good to know there are Absinthe swiggers behind the wheel out there.

crispystl
01-02-2009, 09:15 AM
Yep! But I didn't hallucinate. I went total blackout!

How did it taste?

ROYC75
Ouch ....... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absinthe

seclark
i'll always remember this night.
sin,

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2009, 09:17 AM
REAL absinthe certainly isn't. There's a lot of watered-down, mass-produced absinthe that they sell everywhere.

I read this book all about it. The real shit is sold in very limited quantities.

This was the real shit. It said 70 % on the bottle. I thought hell, that can't do too much damage. I'll just sip the bottle until I'm feeling good and then stop. My new puppy has a burn mark on his ass too. I wonder how it got there. Stupid dog.

RINGLEADER
01-02-2009, 09:18 AM
I read that stuff was blown out proportion, kinda like eating the worm at the bottom of the tequila bottle. Never drank it so can't really say either way.

Is your cornhole sore? You may have been roofied.

I tried it once. Not sure if I was drinking it right or not but all I got was a massive headache.

That ghey Moulin Rouge lied to me.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2009, 09:19 AM
It's good to know there are Absinthe swiggers behind the wheel out there.

I only had to get back to my house on my own property. Thank god I didn't try this away from home.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2009, 09:21 AM
How did it taste?

It tasted really good. Kind of like liquorice.

sedated
01-02-2009, 09:22 AM
that stuff has so much alcohol most people just get shit-faced and pass out.

DMAC
01-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Was it green?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Was it green?

It was.

Chief Faithful
01-02-2009, 09:36 AM
It is the favored after dinner drink throughout my extended family, but I've never seen anyone swig it. I've always seen it mixed in a glass with 50% ice water. Usually only one shot, but I have seen my uncles drink two shots if they were really celebrating. It has a great taste just like black licorice and warms the belly real nice. Never saw my dad drink more than one shot in a single evening.

All my uncles agree it is a nice after dinner drink, but not a good drink to party with all evening. Hog Farmer's story explains for me why the warnings when I was young.

kindra68
01-02-2009, 09:37 AM
It makes me feel “fuzzy” like my skin is cashmere.
I don’t care for licorice, but after the first two sips you can’t feel your tongue anyway.
Mix: half and half, one sugar cube.

mlyonsd
01-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Try this with the leftovers, it's called a Dragon's Breath:

2/3 oz lemon juice
1/2 oz Chambord
1/2 oz absente

Shake the lemon and Chambord in a shaker filled with ice and strain into a shot glass. Layer the absente on top.

My wife got a Shot book for Xmas from the neighbors and this is one she wants to try. Absente is nothing to take lightly, it was banned at one time in the US.

I want you to try it first before I buy a bottle. If I don't here back I'll skip it.

ClevelandBronco
01-02-2009, 10:10 AM
http://www.artinthepicture.com/artists/Edgar_Degas/absinthe_drinker.jpeg

ClevelandBronco
01-02-2009, 10:13 AM
that stuff has so much alcohol most people just get shit-faced and pass out.

The real stuff is powered by alcohol and opiate.

Johnny Vegas
01-02-2009, 10:14 AM
the story is funny, but I bet waking up to utter confusion wasn't. I've seen some funny shit on youtube. Just search absinthe and you'll find them. I have the American shit called Lucid and it doesn't make you trip, but it gives you perm-a-grin.

Tribal Warfare
01-02-2009, 10:16 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/goeHy28fpR4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/goeHy28fpR4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

beach tribe
01-02-2009, 10:20 AM
It will kick your ass, but has been proven that the hallucination stuff is mumbo jumbo.

I've had it. It was fun.

beach tribe
01-02-2009, 10:21 AM

There are no opiates in Absinthe.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
This was the real shit. It said 70 % on the bottle. I thought hell, that can't do too much damage. I'll just sip the bottle until I'm feeling good and then stop. My new puppy has a burn mark on his ass too. I wonder how it got there. Stupid dog.

where did you get it?

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2009, 10:32 AM
where did you get it?

I got the dog at Gander Mountain, There was a guy in the parking lot selling AKC labs.

damaticous
01-02-2009, 10:57 AM
You dumbshit. That's not how you drink absinthe.

http://www.wikihow.com/Drink-Absinthe

That's what I was thinking.

mikeyis4dcats.
01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
i doubt he's got any wormwood in what he's got...I think he's buying into the hype

MOhillbilly
01-02-2009, 11:13 AM
It tasted really good. Kind of like liquorice.

blah tastes like the blackjack gum my mom used to pawn off on me.
hogfarmer you lightass, that shit is bunk. take a handfull of narcos nexttime. then you will get the full effect.:thumb:

beavis
01-02-2009, 11:16 AM

No it isn't. It's pretty much the equivilant of drinking grain alcohol.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
The other people on the road that night in your area thank you for being a complete fucking idiot.

Stewie
01-02-2009, 11:25 AM
The other people on the road that night in your area thank you for being a complete ****ing idiot.

Pay attention. He was at home.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-02-2009, 11:26 AM
The other people on the road that night in your area thank you for being a complete ****ing idiot.

I already stated that I was on my OWN property. I never got on the road you dipshit!

MIAdragon
01-02-2009, 11:45 AM
where did you get it?

IMO that Czech stuff tastes like windex. You can get some quality abstinthe in Oregon, I cant remember what its called, it started with a T I think.

MIAdragon
01-02-2009, 11:45 AM

JFC.

blueballs
01-02-2009, 11:46 AM
about the driving
your avatar begs to differ

QuikSsurfer
01-02-2009, 11:53 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/81dddOFOleE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/81dddOFOleE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Calcountry
01-02-2009, 12:04 PM
The other people on the road that night in your area thank you for being a complete ****ing idiot.Try reading the thread next time.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Pay attention. He was at home.

Oh. Then that's just funny. I just read the OP.

ROFL

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Try reading the thread next time.

No. I wasn't interested past the OP. I'd rather just fly off the handle once I've assumed the worst and give you all a reason to call me a douche. Another reason. You're welcome.

MIAdragon
01-02-2009, 12:20 PM

You thinking about Ouzo?

Warrior5
01-02-2009, 12:21 PM
One can only wonder what would happen if Hog Farmer and Buckinkaeding went bar-hopping.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-02-2009, 12:22 PM
One can only wonder what would happen if Hog Farmer and Buckinkaeding went bar-hopping.

Well, Buck is overweight so HF might think he's a hog. With that logic, it's safe to bet Buck would wake up with soreass.

Skip Towne
01-02-2009, 12:28 PM

Buck's mom would have to come get him?

MIAdragon
01-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Well, Buck is overweight so HF might think he's a hog. With that logic, it's safe to bet Buck would wake up with soreass.

Then Hog cant control his absinthe, blacks out and Buck returns the favor.

Delano
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Then Hog cant control his absinthe, blacks out and Buck returns the favor.

Then BK realizes he can't quit perform his magic without a feather boa and gives his mom a call.

Long Duk Dong
01-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I've been to Prague and tried it there....i tried it ONCE and only ONCE! That stuff is downright crazy.

kstater
01-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Never had it, would like to try it though.

Warrior5
01-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Buck's mom would have to come get him?

Only if he was at a gay bar for pigs...

Smed1065
03-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Never had it, would like to try it though.

Well it is legal in the USA now. Only $60 dollars a bottle and I am impressed.

Taste like Liquorish or Yeager to me. I was expecting evil (green) spirits but I mixed 2 ounces at a time. I was laughing my butt off after 2 rounds.

Just what I wanted because I have a drug test every month and weed takes 2 weeks time scale from experience with getting high once a month.

I actually got a buzz besides the content of alcohol. I am an expert the content of drinking. Just ask.

PS. Sorry for the layoffs today from Sprint but it opens another door for most people.

I know the manager and he has not slept for 2 weeks because he knew he had to layoff 15 people. He only manages 60 workers and he took it hard.

Delano
03-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Well it is legal in the USA now. Only $60 dollars a bottle and I am impressed.

Taste like Liquorish or Yeager to me. I was expecting evil (green) spirits but I mixed 2 ounces at a time. I was laughing my butt off after 2 rounds.

Just what I wanted because I have a drug test every month and weed takes 2 weeks time scale from experience with getting high once a month.

I actually got a buzz besides the content of alcohol. I am an expert the content of drinking. Just ask.

PS. Sorry for the layoffs today from Sprint but it opens another door for most people.

I know the manager and he has not slept for 2 weeks because he knew he had to layoff 15 people. He only manages 60 workers and he took it hard.

Strangely coherent post. Well done. Absinthe may be your thing, Smed.

Smed1065
03-06-2009, 11:51 PM

Never give up until you find your calling!

Delano
03-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Never give up until you find your calling!

Truly inspiring.

Jenson71
03-06-2009, 11:54 PM
I've had a little absinthe in champagne. It gave a nice, rich ring in my ear for a little bit, but a couple glasses more would have helped.

Pablo
03-07-2009, 12:04 AM
No shit. I think that may be one of the first posts of his I've ever been able to make sense of..

Did the Absinthe you have contain wormwood Smed?

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 12:37 AM
No shit. I think that may be one of the first posts of his I've ever been able to make sense of..

Did the Absinthe you have contain wormwood Smed?

Yes, had to get the real thing.

Rausch
03-07-2009, 12:42 AM
Yes, had to get the real thing.

Where would you recomend getting it at?...

StcChief
03-07-2009, 01:31 AM
HF,et.al. glad you enjoyed il. Knowing it...... lucky not to overdose.

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 01:40 AM

Most liquor stores have it now, here anyway.

I never ordered it on the internet because of the price and customs. From my research prior,,you want to make sure it has wormwood. Since it has become legal here the price has dropped by 50%.

There are plenty that say things like less bitter ingredients. I tried the wormwood AND THOUGHT I was smoking while drinking. I only did 4 ounces because I was concerned.

Not condoning it but tonight (first try) was good.

Might just be a Friday with 138 proof. I will try some more tomorrow night and update.

Hootie
03-07-2009, 01:42 AM
I bought a $30 Absinthe shot in Canada when I was 19...I don't think it was the real shit...they burnt sugar cubes over it etc. etc. etc. but it didn't get me wasted and it really wasn't that exciting.

RealSNR
03-07-2009, 01:49 AM
Isn't there some story about Winston Churchill swigging absinthe the night before a battle he knew would come, where many Brits would die, but he had to not let them know in order to not tip off the Nazis that they were getting the intelligence somewhere?

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 02:20 AM
Isn't there some story about Winston Churchill swigging absinthe the night before a battle he knew would come, where many Brits would die, but he had to not let them know in order to not tip off the Nazis that they were getting the intelligence somewhere?

Not that I know of.

It has been contributed to Charles Baudelaire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Baudelaire), Paul Verlaine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Verlaine), Arthur Rimbaud (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Rimbaud), Vincent van Gogh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_van_Gogh), Oscar Wilde (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Wilde), and Aleister Crowley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley) were all notorious bad men of that day who were (or were thought to be) devotees of the Green Fairy.<sup id="cite_ref-herald_5-0" class="reference"></sup>

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-07-2009, 08:34 AM

ROFL Asshole!

djrcmay
03-07-2009, 09:18 AM
That is so cool you getting smashed and all, something you can really brag about. Thats awesome, so mature!

jidar
03-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah that happens when you swig 140ish proof liquir straight from the bottle dude. It also works with Everclear and Bacardi 151

Smed1065
03-07-2009, 12:10 PM

Local store. I wanted to say liquor store but IIRC in MO it does not matter.

I was intrigued when it was illegal but now it is legal.

I did not try before because it was $200 a bottle for authentic stuff. Now the same product is $60.00. Not that I saw anything (damn) but real good effects for me. I can type see other posters-LOL

I have Grande Absente in a 5 oz trial tonight.

Still have half of it and still awake after a 60 hour work week. Since it is legal now, there are many copy cats. Probably does not matter of a brand, just make sure it has wormwood in ingrediants. I saw many say they used other souces because of the bitterness.LOL

Reminds me of Yeager so far but more kick!

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-07-2009, 01:07 PM
Yeah that happens when you swig 140ish proof liquir straight from the bottle dude. It also works with Everclear and Bacardi 151

No , you don't understand, the bottle said 70%, I can hold my liquor. This shit is completely different. Something to try at least once in your life.

But you've been warned!

StcChief
03-07-2009, 01:29 PM
No , you don't understand, the bottle said 70%, I can hold my liquor. This shit is completely different. Something to try at least once in your life.

But you've been warned!HF Put it on the bucket list....
but I don't wanna end up looking like your avitar :D

BostonTim
03-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

Cheers, BostonTim

Hog's Gone Fishin
05-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I've been to Prague and tried it there....i tried it ONCE and only ONCE! That stuff is downright crazy.

That's where I got my bottle. Prague.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-31-2018, 02:11 PM
Still haven't touched it since. But I do have a bottle in the safe.

BigRichard
12-31-2018, 02:26 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2Wnv6YzlACc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titty Meat
12-31-2018, 02:28 PM
Still haven't touched it since. But I do have a bottle in the safe.

Try drinking it with your butthile

Bowser
12-31-2018, 03:27 PM
I tried my first absinthe drink at the Old Absinthe House on Bourbon. I didn't care for it, but I wasn't throwing out a 30 dollar drink, lol. Not a drink I go looking for, but I'm not really a licorice fan either, and that was all I could taste drinking it.