PDA

View Full Version : Life Blackmailed on myspace.

jjchieffan
01-03-2009, 04:42 AM
I can't go into many details as to what this is all about, only that there is this woman who my wife and I have been associated with for a little over 4 years. We had not heard from her in forever. Then, a couple of days ago, she messages my wife on her myspace page being hateful. My wife tries to calm her down, but she won't. She is very adamant and starts making threats. So I message her and tell her we need to talk, call me. She messages back that we have nothing to talk about, and just continues her rant. I told her again, I am not talking about this hear. Just call me, and we will work it out. I went on to work. My wife called me because she messaged again. This time, she demanded $5000 and she would be out of our lives forever. That blew my mind. Extortion, and she put it in writing. I am going to consult an attorney on Monday. I will say that she has the ability to take something very dear to my heart away, so I can't just turn her in for extortion without risking that. I don't have $5000 to spare, but it would be worth it if it truly meant she would leave us alone forever.

Here it is:

I removed this portion following the advice of another poster. If you want to read what it said, read his quote in reply 21.

wutamess
01-03-2009, 04:44 AM
:spock:

Frazod
01-03-2009, 04:45 AM
As long as you aren't afraid of her pulling the trigger on whatever she's holding over your head, just call the cops.

Baby Lee
01-03-2009, 05:23 AM
adamant

JOhn
01-03-2009, 05:25 AM
As long as you aren't afraid of her pulling the trigger on whatever she's holding over your head, just call the cops.

What she's attempting is a felony

milkman
01-03-2009, 05:26 AM
adamant

He's not talking about this "hear".

|Zach|
01-03-2009, 05:28 AM
Tough call without knowing the whole story.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-03-2009, 05:29 AM
The truth will set you free my friend.

Otter
01-03-2009, 05:58 AM
I can't go into many details as to what this is all about, only that there is this woman who my wife and I have been associated with for a little over 4 years. We had not heard from her in forever. Then, a couple of days ago, she messages my wife on her myspace page being hateful. My wife tries to calm her down, but she won't. She is very antimant and starts making threats. So I message her and tell her we need to talk, call me. She messages back that we have nothing to talk about, and just continues her rant. I told her again, I am not talking about this hear. Just call me, and we will work it out. I went on to work. My wife called me because she messaged again. This time, she demanded $5000 and she would be out of our lives forever. That blew my mind. Extortion, and she put it in writing. I am going to consult an attorney on Monday. I will say that she has the ability to take something very dear to my heart away, so I can't just turn her in for extortion without risking that. I don't have $5000 to spare, but it would be worth it if it truly meant she would leave us alone forever.

Here it is:

If you refuse to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, instead of spending a bunch of money on an attorney, why don't you give me five thousand dollars and we will call it even. If you want to keep xxxxxxxx, it is going to cost you. I have done alot of research on this . If you want to give me five thousand dollars, than I will stay out your lives completely. I mean it, honestly. It is your choice, if I don't get any money then I will continue to persue this in every which way. Your move...

It's over a dog isn't it?

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2009, 07:19 AM
You had no rocket fuel so you stoled babby

Give me moneys

oaklandhater
01-03-2009, 07:31 AM
If i had to guess I would say this is over custody of a child.

ziggysocki
01-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Even if you pay up, do you really think that the problem will disappear forever just because this person says it will? Doubtful. If it is true, deal with the truth now, or deal with the threat forever. IMO short term pain is always < long term chronic bullshit.

Smoke
01-03-2009, 07:40 AM
$5000 will get rid of her for about as long as it takes her to spend it. Next time she will want $10k.

tmax63
01-03-2009, 07:49 AM
Smoke got it right. Both on how long and the inflation. Bite the bullet, let her bring out the big dark secret if she must and deal with the consequences once and for all.

allen_kcCard
01-03-2009, 08:02 AM
If i had to guess I would say this is over custody of a child.

This is what I am thinking as well.....lawyer up. Whomever they are, if they would try to extort money from you now, they would do it again later.

Gary
01-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Depending on what this is over, consult an attorney. He/she will probably tell you to get as much dirt from this woman in writing to be used against her later in court.

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I have to agree with Smoke. This will not be the end. As all_kcCard says: Lawyer up.

bishop_74
01-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Not even a question. Lawyer. You have enough evidence to hammer them pretty good with the email that was sent.

BigChiefFan
01-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Don't get on my space anymore-then she can't contact you. Document everything. Contact an attorney.

Bwana
01-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Not even a question. Lawyer. You have enough evidence to hammer them pretty good with the email that was sent.

This

Make sure to print out all the emails she sent as well, in the event you have some kind of a hard drive crash and lose it all.

Fritz88
01-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Removed so google won't pick my reply either.

If this is the exact wording of her threat or at least it contains some phrases from it in which she can google, you need to remove this ASAP and post an image of the text. Here's an example (http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&channel=s&hl=en&q=%22Probably+smart+considering+Brady%27s+injury+as+well%2C+at+worst+they+get+1+year+longer+with+him +or+get+a+team+to+sign+him+and+get+picks.%22&btnG=Google+Search)

Google will index it if it's been posted for more than 24 hours. If that block of text is your own interpretation of the conversation, then you don't need to worry about it.

Secondly, I do not know what's that issue but I know one thing, don't give her what she wants. Either contact a lawyer, threat her back (lawfully) or just ignore the **** out of her.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Phobia
01-03-2009, 09:15 AM
For $4500 this guy I know will make all your troubles disappear.

patteeu
01-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Is this extorsion or a crood sedlement offer? Either whey you need an atturney. Or, depending on your skruples, a hitman. Gud Luck.

Buy the whey, for $5,000 I'll stop speling lyke this.

bishop_74
01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
For $4500 this guy I know will make all your troubles disappear.

He's not interested in the number of your tranny "friend"

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-03-2009, 09:22 AM
You didn't engage in an extra curricular martial affair or menage a trois with this woman did you?

dirk digler
01-03-2009, 09:26 AM
You didn't engage in an extra curricular martial affair or menage a trois with this woman did you?

That is what it sounds like to me. Does your wife know what this lady secret is?

As others have suggested get a lawyer and contact the police

Also take a bunch of screenshots of what she wrote on myspace and also save the page by going to File-Save Page As. I also would print multiple copies out. I don't know how things work on myspace and I don't know if they can edit what they wrote.

Brock
01-03-2009, 09:27 AM
You're out of your mind to even consider giving this bitch 5000 dollars.

chief52
01-03-2009, 09:56 AM
I do not see where you have any alternatives here. You are going to have to face whatever it is now or later. Why not do it now and get it done with...not to mention save yourself a bunch of grief and $$$.

You have been given no options...

My brother just had an 'issue' with an ex-live-in. He came to court to evict her with text messages, phone recordings and a statement. She just came in with ramblings statements as she had no facts on her side. My brother said you could tell the judge was pissed at her. No facts...just BS. Judge took less than 5 minutes to evict her and get a restraining order against her. Save everything.

Bugeater
01-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Even if you pay up, do you really think that the problem will disappear forever just because this person says it will? Doubtful. If it is true, deal with the truth now, or deal with the threat forever. IMO short term pain is always < long term chronic bullshit.

$5000 will get rid of her for about as long as it takes her to spend it. Next time she will want $10k.

I have to agree with Smoke. This will not be the end. As all_kcCard says: Lawyer up.

All of this.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2009, 10:10 AM
lawyer up and try to make sure your lawyer makes it clear that any divulging of hurtful information will lead to a lawsuit.

then use the threat of lawsuit and legal charges to force her to shut up.

that will be more permanent than any promise she makes

sorry

btw - you might consider setting her up a little be more. Call her and get more threats on recording. I assume whatever information she has is probably because you screwed up. It happens to everyone. Try to patch/fix/smooth over whatever you screwed up. It might be better if you tell the secret yourself and deal with it before she does.

triple
01-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Don't get on my space anymore-then she can't contact you. Document everything. Contact an attorney.

no kidding. can myspace. have lawyer send threatening letter. problem solved.

Bwana
01-03-2009, 10:25 AM
If none of that works, she would look great featured on Unsolved Mysteries. :evil:

Fat Elvis
01-03-2009, 10:26 AM
btw - you might consider setting her up a little be more. Call her and get more threats on recording. I assume whatever information she has is probably because you screwed up. It happens to everyone. Try to patch/fix/smooth over whatever you screwed up. It might be better if you tell the secret yourself and deal with it before she does.

Nothing personal against the OP, but I think this is a bad idea. If he is asking a message board what to do in this situation, I don't think he has enough wherewithall to set her up without screwing himself any more.

Go to a lawyer immediately. Tell him/her everything; everything you say will be confidential. Let them take care of the problem. Quite frankly, and I don't mean this as an insult, but I don't think the original poster can realistically handle this on his own.

Baby Lee
01-03-2009, 10:32 AM

It's shyguyms.

KCUnited
01-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Antifrizzy, slackers.

Johnny Vegas
01-03-2009, 10:36 AM
hit the ignore button. Most people are all talk.

Dave Lane
01-03-2009, 10:37 AM
adamant

Please he's a Missouri grad...

jjchieffan
01-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Please he's a Missouri grad...

Oops. I know better than that. My brain was not functioning at 4:42 this a.m.

Mr. Laz
01-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Nothing personal against the OP, but I think this is a bad idea. If he is asking a message board what to do in this situation, I don't think he has enough wherewithall to set her up without screwing himself any more.

Go to a lawyer immediately. Tell him/her everything; everything you say will be confidential. Let them take care of the problem. Quite frankly, and I don't mean this as an insult, but I don't think the original poster can realistically handle this on his own.
it depends .... we don't have all the information.

does this woman have contact information other than MySpace? if she doesn't, then don't give it to her and just cancel MySpace.

Is the information she has against you "illegal" in nature?

makes a big difference

Do you have a history with this woman?

so many questions will determine the options you have.

:shrug:

1. you prolly want to contact a lawyer sooner rather than later.

2. if it's a "you cheated and she's gonna tell" sort of situation then you might want to go ahead a tell first if you are going to call her bluff.

3. document the threats as best you can no matter what

L.A. Chieffan
01-03-2009, 10:58 AM
myspace. the root of all evil

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm beginning to put two and two together...

Myspace... does this have anything to do with that teacher blowing the 15-year-old?

:hmmm:

KChiefs1
01-03-2009, 11:03 AM
I assume we are talking about some adoption issue?

Fire Me Boy!
01-03-2009, 11:06 AM
I assume we are talking about some adoption issue?

That was my guess as I was reading the OP.

smittysbar
01-03-2009, 11:19 AM
You have pretty spilled it on here, doubt it will hurt if you tell what she is after.

Iowanian
01-03-2009, 11:20 AM
You should Fixer her wagon for sure.

I think you should immediately contact and inform her that she is at risk of being removed from your Top10 Friends list, and thereby no longer being on your front page.

Then, invite her to create an account here, and skiptown will neg rep her until it feels like she's been kicked in the cooterbone by all of the midgets on "little people, big world".

Iowanian
01-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Now seriously.

reading what she has written, based on your post, could be interpreted differently depending on the circumstances.

If you have property or owe her something, this could be taken as a settlement offer. If you and the wife had a series of orgies with her and she has the tapes and is doing this in exchange for not sending them to your wife's work, thats different.

One thing I've learned is that there is always more to the story, and thats especially so online.

RINGLEADER
01-03-2009, 11:24 AM

My thought exactly.

It's impossible to give advice without having all the information. As Iowanian points out if it has to do with personal property she could claim it was a settlement offer. If you did something that will cause the cop's eyebrows to go up or get you in trouble with the wife I would definitely get on the horn with an attorney but I'd be very suspect about trying to pay someone off unless a) there's some interpretation of events that could entitle them to a payment and b) certainly not without a written release and whatever other legally enforceable protections that your attorney recommends.

I'd get on the horn with an attorney regardless.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't know all the events. Consult a lawyer.

Skip Towne
01-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Is this extorsion or a crood sedlement offer? Either whey you need an atturney. Or, depending on your skruples, a hitman. Gud Luck.

Buy the whey, for $5,000 I'll stop speling lyke this.

I'll pay. Just stop it!

L.A. Chieffan
01-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Now seriously.

reading what she has written, based on your post, could be interpreted differently depending on the circumstances.

If you have property or owe her something, this could be taken as a settlement offer. If you and the wife had a series of orgies with her and she has the tapes and is doing this in exchange for not sending them to your wife's work, thats different.

One thing I've learned is that there is always more to the story, and thats especially so online.

we should review the tapes to verify the proper course of legal action.

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2009, 11:36 AM
In all seriousness:

Get a fucking lawyer. Now.

Calcountry
01-03-2009, 11:37 AM
You should Fixer her wagon for sure.

I think you should immediately contact and inform her that she is at risk of being removed from your Top10 Friends list, and thereby no longer being on your front page.

Then, invite her to create an account here, and skiptown will neg rep her until it feels like she's been kicked in the cooterbone by all of the midgets on "little people, big world".Neg repping?, naw, that would be a punishment worse than any lawyer could dish out, how could you think of such a terrible thing?

Iowanian
01-03-2009, 11:37 AM
If an animal is in trouble, you should call the Wonder Pets.

Lenny, Tuck and Ming Ming too.

bunnytrader is probably right, neg repping her is too harsh. Then, she'd probably get mad and you'd suffer the retaliatory rep
"NEG REP! YOU WANT A REP WAR YOU SNIPING BITCH!!!" and then the aftermath would spill bloodshed into the public streets of Chiefsplanetville.

Demonpenz
01-03-2009, 11:49 AM
you might have to suck it up and change your myspace account

dj56dt58
01-03-2009, 12:02 PM
shoot the bitch

reiko57
01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
shoot the bitch

holy shit i was thinkin that same thing

Iowanian
01-03-2009, 12:12 PM
shoot the bitch

I don't think suggesting he commit a felony and spend the remainder of his years playing checkers with mr blonde is really appropriate.

Further information is really necessary before anyone can comment with any merrit.

Would her physical attributes prompt a response from any chiefsplanet member wishing to urinate in her exit hatch?

Bowser
01-03-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't think suggesting he commit a felony and spend the remainder of his years playing checkers with mr blonde is really appropriate.

Further information is really necessary before anyone can comment with any merrit.

Would her physical attributes prompt a response from any chiefsplanet member wishing to urinate in her exit hatch?

He meant shoot the bitch an e-mail telling her to take her demands and shove them up her ass.

Kyle DeLexus
01-03-2009, 12:26 PM
whatever she has on you can be fixed www.covertalibi.com they'll fix everything

Kyle DeLexus
01-03-2009, 12:27 PM
whatever she has on you can be fixed www.covertalibi.com they'll fix everything

Just tell them OJ referred you

Midnight_Vulture
01-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Wow this is crazy. I hope you make it out of this okay and she is out of your lives forever. Do you mind telling us what this is all about???

cabletech94
01-03-2009, 01:34 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.

Seriously dude, get your ass to church.Then hire a lawyer.

wazu
01-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I know I'm a little late to this discussion, but I would like to offer an alternative to calling a lawyer.

1. Build a suit of cardboard armor and put it on.
2. Construct some really cool rubber band guns. These can be made from wood and clothes pins.
3. Pay her a little "visit", and document the entire thing on Chiefsplanet.

RNR
01-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I know I'm a little late to this discussion, but I would like to offer an alternative to calling a lawyer.

1. Build a suit of cardboard armor and put it on.
2. Construct some really cool rubber band guns. These can be made from wood and clothes pins.
3. Pay her a little "visit", and document the entire thing on Chiefsplanet.

I am RedNeckRaider and I approve this message

Iowanian
01-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I have an idea.

Give claythan her email and IM accounts and tell him she likes to play hard to get with virgins, but always gives up anal.

you know he'll transcript.

RustShack
01-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Block her messages?

JohnnyV13
01-03-2009, 03:23 PM
u need to consult a lawyer for the simple reason that you can obtain advice that is legally protected by attorney/client priveledge. Alll the advice you get here is limited by lack of full knowledge.

jjchieffan
01-03-2009, 03:25 PM
i really can't say a lot. I can say that an affair is not it. Some of you have figured it out though. I wasn't really asking what to do. I am consulting my attorney for that. i would like to know if there is a way to prove it was her by tracing the ip address or something. I am not sure if these messages could be used to prove extorrtion.

blaise
01-03-2009, 04:32 PM
i really can't say a lot. I can say that an affair is not it. Some of you have figured it out though. I wasn't really asking what to do. I am consulting my attorney for that. i would like to know if there is a way to prove it was her by tracing the ip address or something. I am not sure if these messages could be used to prove extorrtion.

I don't know if you could prove extortion, but it could show a lack of character if this is something like a child custody case.

dj56dt58
01-03-2009, 06:05 PM
He meant shoot the bitch an e-mail telling her to take her demands and shove them up her ass.

yeah..this damn keyboard..it just stops typing for no reason at times :cuss:

boogblaster
01-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Ballbat and deep river ...

bgguitarman
01-03-2009, 08:21 PM
This thread is worthless without pics.

Seriously dude, get your ass to church.Then hire a lawyer.

So you want him to waste an hour of his time at church? Not sure how that will help him.

Mr. Plow
01-03-2009, 08:32 PM
So, a threesome and threatening with video is the deal.

Ultra Peanut
01-03-2009, 08:42 PM
i really can't say a lot. I can say that an affair is not it. Some of you have figured it out though. I wasn't really asking what to do. I am consulting my attorney for that. i would like to know if there is a way to prove it was her by tracing the ip address or something. I am not sure if these messages could be used to prove extorrtion.You literally stoled a babby!