PDA

View Full Version : Football SHOCK!!! Favre is saying he might retire!!!!!

RNR
01-03-2009, 01:37 PM
I bet he really really means it! Why else would he say it! I mean nobody would ever say that unless they really were thinking about it.

Delano
01-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Hey Brett, please STFU until you make a decision, one way or the other.

Calcountry
01-03-2009, 01:40 PM
This guy is worst than a guy, who comes into CP and starts an "I might leave the planet forever thread", only to change his mind after the thread goes over 300 posts.

May I be the first one to say to Brett, you WERE an awesome QB and a sure bet first ballot HF'er, but this is a
REPOST!

Pablo
01-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I care.

So much.

Oh God..Oh God...it's like my heart is ripping apart inside my chest right now.

RNR
01-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Hey Brett, please STFU until you make a decision, one way or the other.

He was crying when he said it!

Jerm
How can Favre come back?

His teammates have been taking turns obliterating him and throwing him under the bus.

Quite humorous IMO.

He should just retire and shut the fuck up for forever.

RNR
01-03-2009, 01:43 PM
How can Favre come back?

His teammates have been taking turns obliterating him and throwing him under the bus.

Quite humorous IMO.

Green Bay would not take him back and even offered him 20 million to STAY RETIRED and he came back :rolleyes:

Jerm
01-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Green Bay would not take him back and even offered him 20 million to STAY RETIRED and he came back :rolleyes:

Damn now that you put it that way lol.

Wish the dude was just go away, he's tarnishing a great legacy by acting like a douche and then playing like garbage.

Go make more more Wranglers commercials Bret.

Hootie
01-03-2009, 01:44 PM

I'm sure that $20M really meant a lot to him...

DTLB58
01-03-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm soooo sick of this...Just retire already Brett and then go far far away so we don't hear of another comeback.

It's okay, Elway,Montana and others have done it and the NFL has survived. Just take the plunge already.

The Flacos,Ryans and this years draft class are all ready to take the reigns.

Bye Brett don't let the stadium door hit you in the arse.

OnTheWarpath15
01-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Anyone else think that he's be playing a game this weekend had he chose Tampa over New York?

Delano
01-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Farve wants some of Peyton's attention.

RNR
01-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Damn now that you put it that way lol.

Wish the dude was just go away, he's tarnishing a great legacy by acting like a douche and then playing like garbage.

Go make more more Wranglers commercials Bret.

That is the thing I really admired the guy and the way he played the game. Now he is up there with T.O. Chad Johnson and several other attention junkies. Sad what he has done to his image.

Hootie
01-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Anyone else think that he's be playing a game this weekend had he chose Tampa over New York?

No...

Because Brett Favre isn't an upgrade to very many QB's at this point...

He can still make plays a lot of QB's can't...but he makes far too many bad decisions and it has been killing the Packers for years before this year...only he's Brett Favre so he gets a pass.

When the 8-8 Vikings beat the Packers at Lambeau in the playoffs several years ago, Favre threw 4 picks and all the media could talk about was how it wasn't his fault...

It's a joke.

At this point in his career, he's no better than Jeff Garcia. Look at his numbers this year...in the 3rd and 4th quarter he was 33rd out of the 34 qualifying QB's (min. 200 attempts) in most important passing categories...

Throw out his 6 TD game and he had an ABYSMAL season...Chad Pennington lead Jets team wins 11 games...they have a great running game with an above average defense...poor QB play is the reason they aren't in the playoffs.

Hootie
01-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Farve wants some of Peyton's attention.

Even during his great 3 year run, he has never EVER had Peyton's ability...

Peyton Manning is simply a supreme being...he is the creme de la creme of QB's...

You can't tell me that ANYONE has ever played QB better than Peyton Manning...ever. He doesn't take sacks, he doesn't force throws, he has pinpoint accuracy and a great arm...with the quickest release I've ever seen...and he's a great student of the game.

I don't think we'll ever see another Peyton Manning...just like we won't ever see another Michael Jordan.

milkman
01-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Even during his great 3 year run, he has never EVER had Peyton's ability...

Peyton Manning is simply a supreme being...he is the creme de la creme of QB's...

You can't tell me that ANYONE has ever played QB better than Peyton Manning...ever. He doesn't take sacks, he doesn't force throws, he has pinpoint accuracy and a great arm...with the quickest release I've ever seen...and he's a great student of the game.

I don't think we'll ever see another Peyton Manning...just like we won't ever see another Michael Jordan.

Peyton Manning isn't even the best QB in Colts history.

Give me Johnny Unitas every day of the week.

Oh, and Bert Jones had a quicker release.

Hootie
01-03-2009, 01:59 PM

Well, I have no idea because that's out of my era...

But out of all the QB's I've ever watched in my day I've never seen anything like Peyton Manning.

I am so enamored with him every time I watch him play (and we get every Colts game in Central Illinois)...

He is just phenomenal.

01-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Bert Jones threw the hardest ball I ever saw until he hurt his back. I saw him knock Roger Carr out of bounds with an out that a cb got a jump on. he threw that ball as hard as he could and it was like a rocket.

milkman
01-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Well, I have no idea because that's out of my era...

But out of all the QB's I've ever watched in my day I've never seen anything like Peyton Manning.

I am so enamored with him every time I watch him play (and we get every Colts game in Central Illinois)...

He is just phenomenal.

This is why you can't say "You can't tell me that ANYONE has ever played QB better than Peyton Manning...ever".

The fact is, there are a couple of QBs that I would take before I took Manning.

RNR
01-03-2009, 02:09 PM

You lost me at Jones :shake:

DaFace
01-03-2009, 02:14 PM
I firmly believe that Favre has pretty dramatically tainted his image with all this bullshit. He's still a great QB and HOFer, but I'll never look at him with the respect I have for the league's truly elite QB's.

kstater
01-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Me thinks DaFace needs to come up with some sort of CP filter for all the BS Favre will bring this offseason. Anyone have any suggestions?

01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Me thinks DaFace needs to come up with some sort of CP filter for all the BS Favre will bring this offseason. Anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe the word ''Favre'' should be replaced by the word ''turd''.

RNR
01-03-2009, 02:25 PM
I firmly believe that Favre has pretty dramatically tainted his image with all this bullshit. He's still a great QB and HOFer, but I'll never look at him with the respect I have for the league's truly elite QB's.

I think time will heal his image. He will kiss and make up with Greenbay saying all the right things. I will always think how poorly he handled his exit but overall he will recover. After all who recalls Jerry Rice or Tony Dorrsett in Denver, Johnny U with the Chargers. Heck who thinks of Ali as the helpless guy getting beaten down by Holmes or Joe Lewis getting knock through the ropes by Rocky Marciano? He is a great and will be forgiven.

Bob Dole
01-03-2009, 02:30 PM
SHOCK!!! Bob Dole still doesn't give a shit.

Brock
01-03-2009, 02:31 PM
All he had to do is stay retired, but he had to go and fuck that all up.

RNR
01-03-2009, 02:33 PM
All he had to do is stay retired, but he had to go and **** that all up.

Pretty much sums it up!

Extra Point
01-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Anyone wear Wranglers or buy the other crap he's hawking?