PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: The person Hunt hires gets the best job in football

FloridaMan88
01-03-2009, 11:28 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/963879.html

The person Hunt hires gets the best job in football

Clark Hunt is interviewing candidates for what could be the best job in football.

Maybe that explains his deliberate approach to finding and securing Kansas City’s next general manager.

If a qualified man wants to be an NFL GM, running the Kansas City Chiefs should be his dream job. Scott Pioli, Kevin Colbert and Chris Polian — the most qualified and coveted future GMs — have more reason to pursue Clark Hunt than Hunt has to pursue them.

Why?

•The Hunt family employed Carl Peterson for 20 years, demonstrating a level of loyalty and patience that is pretty much nonexistent in professional sports.

•The Hunts gave Peterson a degree of autonomy that is pretty much nonexistent in professional sports.

•The Chiefs are more than $30 million below the salary cap and are in position to unload a few more unproductive, expensive veterans this offseason.

•The Chiefs are one season away from playing in a fancy, exciting renovated Arrowhead Stadium.

•There’s no one within the football side of the organization that a new GM has to show any loyalty. He can clean out the scouting department and coaching staff.

•Expectations are low.

My initial instinct in writing this column was to criticize Clark Hunt for appearing to go about fixing his broken franchise without a concrete plan. Things aren’t going the way I anticipated.

When Hunt fired Peterson with two weeks left in the regular season, I assumed Hunt had identified his next general manager. I thought within days of the season’s end, Hunt would lock up New England’s Pioli or Pittsburgh’s Colbert or Indy’s Polian.

Instead of a new football king to trumpet, we were treated last week to our departing King (Carl) granting an exclusive Internet podcast interview to his last loyal subject, Bob Gretz. Peterson doesn’t have the good sense to be embarrassed by his cowardice. But agreeing to a final, 7-minute Bob Gretz tongue bath further diminishes Peterson’s legacy.

Peterson has refused to discuss his dismissal with legitimate members of the media for three weeks. At this point what Peterson has to say about his tenure is irrelevant.

Like most Chiefs fans, I’m ready to move on.

And that includes moving on from Peterson’s last significant action — hiring Herm Edwards.

In fairness, Herm might just be collateral damage from the ugly end of Peterson’s era. But the Chiefs ended the 2008 season in poor fashion, including a gutless performance at Cincinnati.

Why hasn’t Hunt disposed of Edwards and his coaching staff? They’re unsalvageable. Why leave an unpleasant task to a GM who had nothing to do with the team’s 6-26 record the last two years?

And if Hunt would like to see a new GM retain Edwards, I don’t see how leaving Edwards publicly twisting for days (and potentially weeks) enhances his locker-room credibility. Herm is damaged goods.

But, after thinking everything through, I decided emotion was overruling sound judgment. None of my gripes (or yours) really matter.

Hunt has the job. He can afford to sit back a little and let candidates woo him.

He needs to hear from Pioli, Colbert and Polian what they’re going to do for the Kansas City Chiefs. What the Hunts will do for a general manager is a matter of record. Peterson, Jack Steadman and Hank Stram were all allowed to stay beyond their usefulness. Gunther Cunningham is the only head coach to be fired by the Chiefs during the last 20 years. Over the same time frame, the Browns, another team looking for new leadership, have canned coaches Bud Carson, Jim Shofner (interim), Bill Belichick, Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, Terry Robiskie (interim) and Romeo Crennel.

There’s no reason for desperation. The situation isn’t desperate.

If Hunt lands the right GM, the Chiefs can experience the kind of turnaround the Dolphins did this season. Bill Parcells and his coach, Tony Sparano, sparked a one-win-to-11-win turnaround in Miami.

I can’t imagine a scenario in which Hunt doesn’t land a top-flight general manager. I’m willing to wait.

Hammock Parties
01-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Nice dig at Gretz.

ArrowheadHawk
01-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Thats good that he's willing to wait, what other choice does he have?

DeezNutz
01-03-2009, 11:37 PM
The point is that chicken little needs to hear the same message from a number of different sources.

Deberg_1990
01-03-2009, 11:42 PM
[url]•The Hunt family employed Carl Peterson for 20 years, demonstrating a level of loyalty and patience that is pretty much nonexistent in professional sports.

Ive been thinking this for awhile now.

The number one attraction for Chiefs GM is job security.

FringeNC
01-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Peterson's refusal to discuss his departure certainly does add to the speculation that he was FIRED out of the blue after the SD game.

Extra Point
01-03-2009, 11:49 PM
As Herm roasts on the spit, a la Trent Green-- nice payback for dealing with key personnel. It didn't matter that Trent was done. Does it matter that Herm is done?

splatbass
01-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Ive been thinking this for awhile now.

The number one attraction for Chiefs GM is job security.

That was certainly true when Lamar was alive, but Clark doesn't seem to be nearly as patient as his father was. Carl only lasted 2 years after Lamar died.

KChiefs1
01-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Polian is now eligible to be interviewed.

Agent V
01-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Instead of a new football king to trumpet, we were treated last week to our departing King (Carl) granting an exclusive Internet podcast interview to his last loyal subject, Bob Gretz. Peterson doesn’t have the good sense to be embarrassed by his cowardice. But agreeing to a final, 7-minute Bob Gretz tongue bath further diminishes Peterson’s legacy.

HA! That's awesome!

pr_capone
01-04-2009, 12:18 AM
•There’s no one within the football side of the organization that a new GM has to show any loyalty. He can clean out the scouting department and coaching staff.

I have to emphatically disagree with the above statement.

If Chan were fired... I would be GRAVELY pissed off at the organization. He made a horrible O-Line and a first time QB from a nobody school look like a real offense once he was allowed to install the Spread.

Not saying that the Spread is the way to go last year... but he has done NOTHING to lose his job.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Unfortunately he's tied to Herm. Them's the breaks.

He's not exactly Bill Walsh.

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2009, 12:22 AM
I have to emphatically disagree with the above statement.

If Chan were fired... I would be GRAVELY pissed off at the organization. He made a horrible O-Line and a first time QB from a nobody school look like a real offense once he was allowed to install the Spread.

Not saying that the Spread is the way to go last year... but he has done NOTHING to lose his job.

Nothing, other than running an offense that disappeared in the 2nd half.

No new HC in his right mind is going to keep Gailey on board, for the same reasons no new GM in his right mind would keep Herm on board.

A new HC is going to want HIS GUYS, not the leftovers of a 2-14 staff.

Reerun_KC
01-04-2009, 12:25 AM

No new HC in his right mind is going to keep Gailey on board, for the same reasons no new GM in his right mind would keep Herm on board.

IF Chan is collateral damage, then so be it...

OnTheWarpath15
01-04-2009, 12:26 AM
IF Chan is collateral damage, then so be it...

Hell yeah.

There shouldn't be a fucking trainer or jockstrap washer left over once the new regime takes over.

Clean fucking house.

orange
01-04-2009, 12:27 AM
"The Chiefs are more than $30 million below the salary cap and are in position to unload a few more unproductive, expensive veterans this offseason."

This is not a selling point for the Chiefs - it's a liability. Having a cushy, secure job is not the same as having an opportunity to succeed.

That $30 million unspent says the Chiefs are unwilling to compete financially. Unless Hunt guarantees the next GM he'll spend to the limit, guys who want to actually WIN will go somewhere else.

Mecca
01-04-2009, 12:33 AM
"The Chiefs are more than $30 million below the salary cap and are in position to unload a few more unproductive, expensive veterans this offseason."

This is not a selling point for the Chiefs - it's a liability. Having a cushy, secure job is not the same as having an opportunity to succeed.

That $30 million unspent says the Chiefs are unwilling to compete financially. Unless Hunt guarantees the next GM he'll spend to the limit, guys who want to actually WIN will go somewhere else.

That's a little backwards thinking, the idea behind that is if a guy wants to build his own team the opportunity is there with this team.

pr_capone
01-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Yeah... lets not take into consideration that on his way to 2-14 Chan had to game plan for 3 different QBs, had his star RB miss 4 games, had no viable #2 WR (including Bradley who could not stay healthy), and his #1 WR had a massive case of butter fingers.

Oh yeah... lets not forget the travesty that we started at offensive line. Everyone from Center on over (to the right) have no business wearing a NFL uniform much less starting for ANY team in this league.

We also can't forget the fact that our Kick return game was so pitiful that our average starting position was at the 21.5 yard line. Pitiful.

Mecca
01-04-2009, 12:35 AM
Yeah... lets not take into consideration that on his way to 2-14 Chan had to game plan for 3 different QBs, had his star RB miss 4 games, had no viable #2 WR (including Bradley who could not stay healthy), and his #1 WR had a massive case of butter fingers.

Oh yeah... lets not forget the travesty that we started at offensive line. Everyone from Center on over (to the right) have no business wearing a NFL uniform much less starting for ANY team in this league.

We also can't forget the fact that our Kick return game was so pitiful that our average starting position was at the 21.5 yard line. Pitiful.

Dude, a new HC gets to pick his guys, saddling a new coach with old coaches is how we end up with stupid shit like Gunther Cunningham.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2009, 12:38 AM

You do realize most of that was the cause of gutting the roster. Chiefs will pay up, they dont signing bonus wise but cap wise they will.

orange
01-04-2009, 12:38 AM
That's a little backwards thinking, the idea behind that is if a guy wants to build his own team the opportunity is there with this team.

Hunt's going to have to convince whoever that he's serious about reversing the Chiefs' almost 40 year tradition of settling.

Credit Whitlock for trying to put a positive spin on things - he really is a true-blue Chiefs homer - but Hunt has his work cut out for him.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2009, 12:40 AM

LMAO I don't blame you for making that reach. If I were a Broncos, Raiders, or Chargers fan I'd definitely want to forget that the NFL is what it is today because of Lamar Hunt and the Hunt family. They were in cap hell just 3 years ago and have suffered through a rebuild in order to put themselves in this position. You can rest assured knowing that while the Chiefs may not compete in the next 3 years it won't be because they didn't spend the money or try.

It's interesting to me watching everyone on the Mane say that Mike Shannahan would never end up in KC because he won't coach for a team that's not committed to winning. That's wishful thinking if I've ever heard it. I'll laugh my ass off through 4 bannings on that site if Mike Shannahan ends up with the Chiefs.

orange
01-04-2009, 12:40 AM
You do realize most of that was the cause of gutting the roster. Chiefs will pay up, they dont signing bonus wise but cap wise they will.

They gutted the roster, alright, but then they didn't refill it. Relying on 5-7 round draft picks and undrafted free agents for the bulk of your players screams "loser."

[edit] And let's not forget, alot of that unspent cap money was due to trading away their best player rather than pay the market price.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2009, 12:41 AM
They gutted the roster, alright, but then they didn't refill it. Relying on 5-7 round draft picks and undrafted free agents for the bulk of your players screams "loser."

Because they are building the team right fucking way for once instead of signing a bunch of free agents.

pr_capone
01-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Dude, a new HC gets to pick his guys, saddling a new coach with old coaches is how we end up with stupid shit like Gunther Cunningham.

I understand that the new HC gets to pick his coordinators.

I'm simply saying that Chan is not a sack of shit that NEEDS to be discarded. In fact, quite the opposite. He turned a team that was struggling to score any points at all into a team that put up 27 points on a top 10 D (Bucs).

With any semblance of a defense, our record would be vastly different.

If you had to keep just one guy from this list. Who would you keep?

HC- Herm
DC - Gunther
OC - Chan
QBc- Curl
ST - Priefer

kansas hawk
01-04-2009, 12:46 AM
If anyone says herm I'm killing myself... just saying

orange
01-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Because they are building the team right ****ing way for once instead of signing a bunch of free agents.

53 roster spots / Seven rounds in the draft = more than 7 years to turn over an NFL roster.

That's IF
- you hit on every draft pick
- no one is ever lost to injury
- everyone re-signs

Face reality. Free Agency is part of modern football and to succeed teams need to use every tool available to them.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2009, 12:51 AM
53 roster spots / Seven rounds in the draft = more than 7 years to turn over an NFL roster.

That's IF
- you hit on every draft pick
- no one is ever lost to injury
- everyone re-signs

Face reality. Free Agency is part of modern football and to succeed teams need to use every tool available to them.

Not this year. Chiefs didnt need to - they went to rock bottom and gutted the whole mess. Most championship teams have an average of 5 free agent starters. Add 1 or 2 this offseason and the same in 2010 and we are right on track for 2010/11 when we should be able to compete.

orange
01-04-2009, 12:57 AM
Not this year. Chiefs didnt need to - they went to rock bottom and gutted the whole mess. Most championship teams have an average of 5 free agent starters. Add 1 or 2 this offseason and the same in 2010 and we are right on track for 2010/11 when we should be able to compete.

That kind of goes along with what I'm saying - Clark Hunt has to convince his new hire that he's going to do that. His track record as the Chiefs' owner says otherwise.

pr_capone
01-04-2009, 12:57 AM
If anyone says herm I'm killing myself... just saying

herm

now go kill yourself

:D

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2009, 12:58 AM
His track record as the Chiefs' owner says otherwise.

You mean two fucking years as owner. One which he didnt want to upset his dad's wishes and then blew then thing up.

blueballs
01-04-2009, 01:00 AM
I'm sure no one else in the NFL saw what Chan has done
and the wild cat and it's variations are dead and gone

kansas hawk
01-04-2009, 01:01 AM
herm

now go kill yourself

:D

....:(

orange
01-04-2009, 01:01 AM
You mean two ****ing years as owner. One which he didnt want to upset his dad's wishes and then blew then thing up.

Exactly. HIS two years. Someone just above brought up Lamar Hunt and all he did for the NFL - well, Lamar is gone.

Clark's the man, now, and nobody is going to take the Chiefs job because of what Lamar meant to the NFL.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Exactly. HIS two years. Someone just above brought up Lamar Hunt and all he did for the NFL - well, Lamar is gone.

Clark's the man, now, and nobody is going to take the Chiefs job because of what Lamar meant to the NFL.

God I hope Shannahan ends up in KC. The meltdown in Denver would be epic.

pr_capone
01-04-2009, 01:05 AM
....:(

ROFL

orange
01-04-2009, 01:05 AM
God I hope Shannahan ends up in KC. The meltdown in Denver would be epic.

It would almost be worth it to watch the mass tongue-swallowing and self-immolation on this board. ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2009, 01:06 AM
It would almost be worth it to watch the mass tongue-swallowing and self-immolation on this board. ROFL

LMAO There would be a meltdown on both boards for sure. I think Mike is one of the best coaches in the league as long as he keeps his paws off the defense. I'd love to see him here.

orange
01-04-2009, 01:08 AM
LMAO There would be a meltdown on both boards for sure. I think Mike is one of the best coaches in the league as long as he keeps his paws off the defense. I'd love to see him here.

You know what would be even more priceless? - Al Davis rehired Art Shell a second time. :eek:

Quesadilla Joe
01-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Shanahan has said a few times this week that he is not going to go to a team unless it is ready to win now. He doesn't want to rebuild. I just hope Norv doesn't get fired.

Shanahan brought Denver a lot of great memories that we will cherish forever, but if he goes to SD I will burn down the restaurant he is building.:cuss:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2009, 01:17 AM
You know what would be even more priceless? - Al Davis rehired Art Shell a second time. :eek:

Or a third...........

"Bob" Dobbs
01-04-2009, 01:18 AM
And let's not forget, alot of that unspent cap money was due to trading away their best player rather than pay the market price.Carl did that. That doesn't mean the next guy'll do it too.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Shanahan has said a few times this week that he is not going to go to a team unless it is ready to win now. He doesn't want to rebuild. I just hope Norv doesn't get fired.

Shanahan brought Denver a lot of great memories that we will cherish forever, but if he goes to SD I will burn down the restaurant he is building.:cuss:

What if he went to KC? KC isn't rebuilding, they're going to be putting the finishing touches on it. They'll compete for the division in 10.

orange
01-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Or a third...........

I was kind of pointing to the possibility of Al Davis rehiring Mike Shanahan a second time, you know. :D Did that go over your head?

It's alright - it's early in the year. You've got plenty of time to pull it together.

[edit] What do I have to type to get the rat icon? Did the webmaster disable that expecting Shanahan might end up KC's coach?

blueballs
01-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Shanahan to INDY
watch the fan base turn on him
like Cutler on Rivers

Mr. Flopnuts
01-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I was kind of pointing to the possibility of Al Davis rehiring Mike Shanahan a second time, you know. :D Did that go over your head?

It's alright - it's early in the year. You've got plenty of time to pull it together.

[edit] What do I have to type to get the rat icon? Did the webmaster disable that expecting Shanahan might end up KC's coach?

Dude, you've been here for over 8 years and you haven't figured out I'm easily confused? Guess I haven't made a mark. I would keel over and die instantaneously if Mike Shannahan became the coach of the Oakland Raiders.

Quesadilla Joe
01-04-2009, 01:26 AM
What if he went to KC? KC isn't rebuilding, they're going to be putting the finishing touches on it. They'll compete for the division in 10.

I don't want him in the division, if he goes somewhere else I hope it is in the NFC.

I think Shanahan wants to go to a Super Bowl contender not a team competing for the division. San Diego is probably the only team in the division he will consider.

If KC, NYJ, OAK, CLE, and Detroit are the only job openings he won't coach next season IMO.

triple
01-04-2009, 01:50 AM
[Carl] agreeing to a final, 7-minute Bob Gretz tongue bath further diminishes Peterson’s legacy.

I disagree. Nothing could further diminish Peterson's legacy

DT58HOF
01-04-2009, 03:54 AM
I understand that the new HC gets to pick his coordinators.

I'm simply saying that Chan is not a sack of shit that NEEDS to be discarded. In fact, quite the opposite. He turned a team that was struggling to score any points at all into a team that put up 27 points on a top 10 D (Bucs).

With any semblance of a defense, our record would be vastly different.

If you had to keep just one guy from this list. Who would you keep?

HC- Herm
DC - Gunther
OC - Chan
QBc- Curl
ST - Priefer

if i only had 4 pillows to smuther them i would let Chan breathe,lol

DT58HOF
01-04-2009, 03:55 AM
Shanahan will coach the COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pr_capone
01-04-2009, 04:08 AM
shit...

forgot to add Krumrie

less screaming and more teaching

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2009, 06:09 AM
That was certainly true when Lamar was alive, but Clark doesn't seem to be nearly as patient as his father was. Carl only lasted 2 years after Lamar died.

Eh, 50/50; his time was running out, but Clark's timing on the heave-ho was priceless. And unexpected. Smart man.

Yep, total colon-cleanse in the house of the Red and Gold. There's NO ONE on this team, save last years draft picks who should feel comfortable in any way, shape, or form.
Car wash gun-pressure enema in the WHOLE house; only the strong shall survive.

DCS has spoken.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2009, 06:17 AM
shit...

forgot to add Krumrie

Is he that super-obnoxious LOUD motherfucker that makes Gun look placid by comparison?

I HATE that motherfucker! Someone on defense should pay Gray or Huard some tidy grip to throw a "Rocket-Ball" right to that blowhard's nut-sack.

Put THAT shit on "Inside The NFL", and let Len and Nick come back to host the 'Blooper Show'; I'd pay the extra $$$ or pay-per-view to watch it too!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2009, 06:23 AM
Unfortunately he's tied to Herm. Them's the breaks.

He's not exactly Bill Walsh.

Goddamnit, I keep giving you green on a regular basis, and it seems to do NO good; are you on SuperUltraMegaPissedOffTheWrongPersonToThe 100th-Power, or WHAT?!?!?

Am I fighting a losing battle here or what?

Goddamnit; Jared Allen and Toby Keith should make a record together; I think they were separated at birth!

Stryker
01-04-2009, 09:28 AM
I don't want him in the division, if he goes somewhere else I hope it is in the NFC.

I think Shanahan wants to go to a Super Bowl contender not a team competing for the division. San Diego is probably the only team in the division he will consider.

If KC, NYJ, OAK, CLE, and Detroit are the only job openings he won't coach next season IMO.

THIS

ESPN is stating that Jones is considering him to coach the Cowboys in 2010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3808287

CupidStunt
01-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Peterson's refusal to discuss his departure certainly does add to the speculation that he was FIRED out of the blue after the SD game.

Not really because the coach should be getting it in the neck if that's the case. Herm wouldn't be here today if that one game did it all for Clark. It's not like Carl did anything to hurt that specific game; that's on Herm and the players.

orange
01-04-2009, 10:13 AM
It's not like Carl did anything to hurt that specific game; that's on Herm and the players.

No, but it was an historic meltdown.

Historic meltdowns against the Chargers have a way of forcing immediate reactions, you know.

Watch Dungy announce his retirement tomorrow.

milkman
01-04-2009, 10:18 AM
THIS

ESPN is stating that Jones is considering him to coach the Cowboys in 2010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3808287

Does anyone really think that the Rat would work for a meddling owner like Jones?

Deberg_1990
01-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Does anyone really think that the Rat would work for a meddling owner like Jones?

On first thought, no.

But then Parcells did it for 3 years.

If the money is right (you know it would be with JJ) and the lure of coaching the NFL's flagship team, i can definately see it.

dtebbe
01-04-2009, 10:43 AM

We have cheese in KC... what's the problem? ROFL

DT

dtebbe
01-04-2009, 10:46 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/963879.html

But agreeing to a final, 7-minute Bob Gretz tongue bath further diminishes Peterson’s legacy.

Wait, I thought tongue baths were his legacy!

Good stuff there big sexy...

DT

dorseybowe
01-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Let's hope the GM candidates agree with Shitlock.

Baby Lee
01-04-2009, 11:16 AM
shit...

forgot to add Krumrie

less tickle fights and more coaching
FYP

Ebolapox
01-04-2009, 11:24 AM

you mean a THIRD time?!?

DTLB58
01-04-2009, 11:27 AM
I know Clark wants somone for the long term but my wish is:

1.The Dolphins lose today.

2.Wayne Huizenga sells the team (this is already in place to happen)

3.Bill Parcells resigns his position (which is in his contract to allow after Wayne leaves)

4.Parcells comes to KC.

Why? If there is anyone that can bring a winning attitude to the locker room it's Bill. The Chiefs have a lot of young talent that is hungry and capable, they are close. They just need to be coached up and someone to lead the way.

Herm is NOT the answer :shake:

Mr. Parcells is. I know he wouldn't be HC but he can still change the atmosphere and get the people in place.

Nobody will probably agree with me, but I have always been a huge fan of Parcells and this would be a dream come true of mine.

Danman
01-04-2009, 11:43 AM
[QUOTE=cutler7624;5354689

I think Shanahan wants to go to a Super Bowl contender not a team competing for the division. [/QUOTE]

Um, hey :Shanarat Super Bowl contenders usually keep their head coaches. That's why their contenders. Teams looking for new head coaches are usually bad teams who didn't make the playoffs.

Danman
01-04-2009, 11:45 AM
shit...

forgot to add Krumrie

Yeah, can we please get a Defensive line coach who teaches legitimate moves to get around offensive lineman and not try to play pat-a-cake with just their hands?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2009, 01:39 PM

3.Bill Parcells resigns his position (which is in his contract to allow after Wayne leaves)

4.Parcells comes to KC.

Why? If there is anyone that can bring a winning attitude to the locker room it's Bill. The Chiefs have a lot of young talent that is hungry and capable, they are close. They just need to be coached up and someone to lead the way.

Mr. Parcells is. I know he wouldn't be HC but he can still change the atmosphere and get the people in place.

Nobody will probably agree with me, but I have always been a huge fan of Parcells and this would be a dream come true of mine.

DCS would not be entirely against such a move...

splatbass
01-04-2009, 01:44 PM

4.Parcells comes to KC.

It would be nice, but I doubt if there is any chance Parcells would do it.

old_geezer
01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
I can’t imagine a scenario in which Hunt doesn’t land a top-flight general manager. I’m willing to wait

I agree with this statement. I just have a gut feeling that we will not end up with Pioli and I really don't care. There are some excellent GM choices out there and I do believe we will end up with one.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-04-2009, 06:30 PM
I can’t imagine a scenario in which Hunt doesn’t land a top-flight general manager. I’m willing to wait

I agree with this statement. I just have a gut feeling that we will not end up with Pioli and I really don't care. There are some excellent GM choices out there and I do believe we will end up with one.

It looks like there are two feasible camps:

The Ravens, or the old Pittsburgh Trail.

I don't see Pioli coming to KC.