PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs More on Pioli-Cleveland Connection

T-post Tom
01-04-2009, 12:18 AM
BTW: Boston Herald also confirmed Monday meeting between Hunt/Pioli

NFL quick hits
By John Tomase
Sunday, January 4, 2009 -

Not sure what impact this will have on Scott Pioli’s decision-making process, but it’s worth noting -- if Pioli takes a job with the Browns, he’ll be working in the same city as close friend Mark Shapiro of the Indians.

The two rose through the ranks together starting in 1992 when Pioli hooked on with the Browns and Shapiro began his climb from the lowest levels of the Indians organization. They became fast friends and share a football background, because Shapiro played the sport for four years at Princeton in the late 1998s.

While the situation is going to have to be right for Pioli to jump ship and leave the Patriots [team stats], the presence of Shapiro can’t hurt the case for Cleveland.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/2009_01_04_NFL_quick_hits/

jAZ
01-04-2009, 01:17 AM
I haven't followed the other thread today, but I heard on the radio a few interesting points, that revised my prior comments ("Pioli is NOT coming here!").

1) Pioli is continuing the interview process and not signing right away with the Browns.
2) They Browns LOVE Mangini and may hire him first
3) No love loss between Mangini and the Pats
4) Are the Browns picking Manginin over Pioloi?

I also liked it when I heard someone mention that it seems like all the teams are taking their time and going through the full interview process before making a hire (coach or GM). The teams that waited last year (MIA, ATL, BAL) had success this year. That's allows Clark more time to do the same.

blueballs
01-04-2009, 01:18 AM
THe team jet uses too much fuel