PDA

View Full Version : Football Carl Peterson

Mr. Laz
01-05-2009, 03:53 PM
seen on the Miami sideline yesterday wearing a Dolphin pin saying something about "we"

according to 810

just amusement info :shrug:

they are speculating that Carl will saying something about his Miami job at the press conference tomorrow.

sounds like Carl .... wait to say anything until you have a new job so you can be a smug prick one last time.

Donger
01-05-2009, 03:54 PM
seen on the Miami sideline yesterday wearing a Dolphin pin saying something about "we"

according to 810

Oh. So that's why they lost.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2009, 03:54 PM

brutal ROFL ROFL

DMAC
01-05-2009, 03:55 PM
He likes to play video games and he is a bad speller?

Where are you going with this?

FringeNC
01-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Now if we can get Herm Edwards seen on the sidelines in Tampa...

(He may already refer to Tampa as "we"?)

Demonpenz
01-05-2009, 04:01 PM
to the ship!

01-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Oh. So that's why they lost.PERFECT:clap:

triple
01-05-2009, 04:02 PM
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2009/01/an-uneasy-fee-1.html

Armando Salguero

An uneasy feeling -- [Newsy update here]

This morning I filed the post the follows below. But I have an update.

I have confirmed that former Kansas City president and general manager Carl Peterson was at the Dolphins game Sunday. The fact, first reported by profootballtalk.com, makes me wonder what is really going to happen with these Dolphins in the coming days.

Peterson, I am told, was not only cozying up to incoming owner Stephen Ross during the playoff game against Baltimore, he was on the Miami sideline with Ross prior to the game. And get this: He was wearing a Dolphins pin on his lapel.

And he was overheard talking about the Dolphins as, "We." and "We're." So it sounds like Peterson believes he's going to soon be part of the Dolphins organization in some capacity. Ross and Peterson go back 25 years. Peterson was the general manager of the USFL's Philadelphia Stars and Ross was the team's owner.

All this leads me to wonder, how can Ross bring in Peterson and keep Bill Parcells? It would have to happen only if Peterson comes in exclusively on the business side.

Anyway, here's the text of the post I put on the blog early this morning:

This morning I am feeling uneasy so I need to share with you the reason for my discomfort. No, it's not stomach related you jokers.

As you probably have read by now, Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga said Sunday afternoon he had spoken with Football Czar Bill Parcells and Parcells told him he was staying with the Dolphins. This is my column on the issue that appeared in today's Miami Herald.

And this is the words right from Huizenga's mouth: "Bill is going to stay. He told me the day before yesterday [Friday] he was going to stay."

So case closed right?

I wasn't satisfied. So when I saw incoming owner Stephen Ross immediately after speaking with Huizenga, I decided to ask Ross about the Parcells matter.

"My gut tells me he'll stay," Ross told me. "I certainly want him. And I understand what he wants. I think he deserves all the credit. Everyone is expecting and wanting him to come back. I don't think he could find a more welcome home."

Guess what? I'm still not satisfied. And that's where my uneasy feeling comes from.

The fact is Parcells has not said anything on the matter. The fact is Ross confirmed he and Parcells have not hashed out the issue from a contract standpoint. The fact is no meeting is set between Ross and Parcells to do so.

And then there is my personal skepticism I have to deal with. You see, during my five billion years covering the Dolphins as a backup beat writer, beat writer and columnist, I've heard people say a lot of things. And then I've seen them do another.

Tim Robbie told me to my face he didn't need to sell the team for estate tax purposes. And six months later the team was sold.

I remember witnessing Jimmy Johnson em-effing colleague Jason Cole at least 12 times (There were more em-effs but I stopped counting after 12) because Cole wrote Johnson was taking it easier and slowing down prior to the 1999 season. Johnson insisted he still had the same fire in his belly he always had -- which, of course, it was proven later he didn't.

After Huizenga hired Parcells in December 2007, I asked the owner what the move meant for Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller. "Cam and Randy are secure," he answered. You know the rest of that tale.

Huizenga also told me in August of 2007 that Cameron promised him the team was going to the playoffs.

And, yes, I was there when Nick Saban uttered the phrase, "I will not be the Alabama coach."

So I've learned not to simply accept somebody's word as the Gospel truth.

In this case, I'm puzzled by the NFL Network report of Ross's flirtation with former Chiefs president Carl Peterson. Seriously, Carl Peterson?

I'm curious that Ross didn't squash the Parcells issue by saying something like, "I will do whatever I need to do to keep him." Don't get me wrong, Ross said all the right things. But he didn't exactly slam the door on the possibility Parcells might not be back.

Finally, it was interesting to me that when I asked Huizenga whether the sale of the team to Ross would absolutely go through, he said, "I assume so. We're going to go upstairs now and meet on that."

With that, Huizenga stepped into a Dolphin Stadium elevator and went upstairs ...

... except that I followed Ross and talked with him as he was headed out of the stadium and to his vehicle in the parking lot. He may have doubled back for that meeting. But it didn't look like it.

So I'll believe everything is set and done ... when everything is set and done.

talastan
01-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Wow, just wow...If they add Peterson to Parcells, talk about ego. That seems like the potential for a cage fight between the two of them over power and control of the Phins. :shake:

BigChiefFan
01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Better them, than us.

Carlota69
01-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh good. maybe that what his presser is all about--how he's going to fuck up the miami franchise allt he while hiking up the price of season tickets:)

ChiTown
01-05-2009, 04:07 PM
to the ship!

ROFL

Gonzo
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
ROFL LMAO

SUCKS TO B DA PHINS. LOLZ

Sure-Oz
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
It would be great if he fucked them up

01-05-2009, 04:09 PM
to the ship!they are off to a great start too with yesterdays loss.ROFL

01-05-2009, 04:09 PM
It would be great if he ****ed them upI'm counting on it.

Micjones
01-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Who?

MOhillbilly
01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow, just wow...If they add Peterson to Parcells, talk about ego. That seems like the potential for a cage fight between the two of them over power and control of the Phins. :shake:

why? wtf has carl won?

bowener
01-05-2009, 04:13 PM
I dont see how this is a problem. It is clear by now that CP has no skill as a GM, and will not be the GM in Miami. He is going to do what he does best, be a used car salesman. He is going to be a market weasel and sell sell sell the Miami Dolphins to everybody and everything on the planet. He is good at making money in our small market, so I am sure he will be just as good at making money in a bigger, wealthier market. We will next see him cozying up with elderly rich folk on yachts to buy season tickets. He is a slimy salesman (hence the hair and facial expressions), and that is what he is good at.

I do not see how that will interfere with the Tuna at all, unless CP plans on marketing a special brand of albecore with Bill's face on it or something.

teedubya
01-05-2009, 04:14 PM

You stole the thought right out of my brain.

MOhillbilly
01-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I dont see how this is a problem. It is clear by now that CP has no skill as a GM, and will not be the GM in Miami. He is going to do what he does best, be a used car salesman. He is going to be a market weasel and sell sell sell the Miami Dolphins to everybody and everything on the planet. He is good at making money in our small market, so I am sure he will be just as good at making money in a bigger, wealthier market. We will next see him cozying up with elderly rich folk on yachts to buy season tickets. He is a slimy salesman (hence the hair and facial expressions), and that is what he is good at.

I do not see how that will interfere with the Tuna at all, unless CP plans on marketing a special brand of albecore with Bill's face on it or something.

miami is a dahm site diffrent local than kc, if carl is going to be a 'used car salesman' he will have better luck selling ice to eskimos.

FringeNC
01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
This is great, though. Carl's gone, and he's not our problem, but he's still in the limelight. Pass the popcorn.

BryanBusby
01-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Carl is trying to prove he is the king of kings.

BigChiefFan
01-05-2009, 05:01 PM
I can't see Clark allowing Carl a press conference to announce he's taken a job elsewhere.

BigChiefFan
01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Carl is trying to prove he is the king of kings.
More like jester of jesters.

BryanBusby
01-05-2009, 05:09 PM
More like jester of jesters.

Not in his own mind. King of KINGS!

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I can't see Clark allowing Carl a press conference to announce he's taken a job elsewhere.

I'm not sure why Clark is allowing Carl a press conference, period.

He no longer holds a title at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2009, 05:53 PM

He was here for 20 fucking years.

I hate the bastard as much as anyone but come on. It's classy.

Sure-Oz
01-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Does anyone in kansas city give a rats ass about Carl, really?

Hammock Parties
01-05-2009, 05:55 PM
What would be hilarious is if no one in the media asked a question.

Just....silence.

DeezNutz
01-05-2009, 05:57 PM
to the ship!

Good point. There's a lot of water down there.

DeezNutz
01-05-2009, 05:59 PM

Accountability? Force him to face the media?

Dunno. Might be something he has to do if he's going to be collecting a check next year?

SAUTO
01-05-2009, 06:02 PM

Just....silence.

isnt that how MOST pressers in KC go? at least thats what it sounds like to me. with the "hard hitting questions" usually asked the reporters might as well be standing there silent

Dylan
01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
News Flash, "Bill's going to stay," Huizenga said after the Dolphins' 27-9 loss to Baltimore. "He told me [Friday] he's going to stay."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/custom/business/sfl-flspdolparcells05sbjan05,0,6052801.story

seems like we have two conflicting news reports ...

Ultra Peanut
01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.

I mean, the Dolphins were already living on borrowed time, but this would be amazing.

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2009, 06:13 PM
He was here for 20 fucking years.

I hate the bastard as much as anyone but come on. It's classy.

Then it should have happened a week ago.

FloridaMan88
01-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Jack Pardee and the '93 Houston Oilers should have a cameo at Dictator Carl's final press conference to celebrate his last playoff win.

Rain Man
01-05-2009, 07:15 PM
We're not giving up Herm for less than a 3rd round draft pick, Carl.

JohnnyV13
01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Maybe Carl will announce a final raise in Chiefs ticket prices for old times' sake.

HemiEd
01-05-2009, 07:27 PM
why? wtf has carl won?

He sold out a ghost town, for eleventy billion games in a row. Deny it.

HemiEd
01-05-2009, 07:30 PM

Just....silence.

ROFL

HemiEd
01-05-2009, 07:32 PM
We're not giving up Herm for less than a 3rd round draft pick, Carl.

Thread over. ROFL

Hammock Parties
01-05-2009, 07:43 PM
ROFL

I would buy them all lunch. Srsly.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2009, 07:45 PM

Just....silence.
it would be better if nobody showed up to cover it at all

Hammock Parties
01-05-2009, 07:46 PM
it would be better if nobody showed up to cover it at all

Gretz will be there.

Maybe we can get a 10-minute softball game between Gretz and Carl.

FringeNC
01-05-2009, 08:13 PM
No one likes Carl, he presided over a 2-23 team, and he has effectively taken a job with another franchise...I wouldn't be surprised if this thing is cancelled. Why bother with it?

ChiefaRoo
01-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Predator Laugh

Mr. Laz
01-05-2009, 09:07 PM
No one likes Carl, he presided over a 2-23 team, and he has effectively taken a job with another franchise...I wouldn't be surprised if this thing is cancelled. Why bother with it?

1. Carl wants it so he can bring Miami up somewhere somehow. A couple "casual" references to it .... a miami pin or a tie that matches Miami

2. Clark hunt wants to be classy

3. The media will show up because they are too afraid not to. If another media outlet shows up and they don't then they missed out.

hawkchief
01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
Only a douche of astronomic proportions like Carl Peterson would wear the lapel pin of another team a week after he "resigned". The great news for us is there's no possible way to downgrade to a lesser human being/man than Peterson.

Rain Man
01-05-2009, 10:17 PM
I know he's not popular, and Carl definitely overstayed his welcome, but now that he's gone I have no problem with thanking him for the 1990s. The playoffs stank, but those regular seasons were great. He brought us Derrick and Montana and Tony G. Thanks, Carl.

Now...go.

CHENZ A!
01-05-2009, 10:24 PM
I know he's not popular, and Carl definitely overstayed his welcome, but now that he's gone I have no problem with thanking him for the 1990s. The playoffs stank, but those regular seasons were great. He brought us Derrick and Montana and Tony G. Thanks, Carl.

Now...go.

I agree, he wasn't ALL bad. But still glad he's gone.

boogblaster
01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Carl brings the treasure with him ... LJ I heard ...

Bob Dole
01-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Bill Parcells and Carl Peterson together in Miami -- Peterson is a favorite of new Miami owner Steve Ross -- is more of an odd couple than Felix and Oscar. If that ever happens, I'm buying at Starbucks. For the world. Now that we know Parcells is going to stay in Miami, Peterson's going to have to look elsewhere.

Source (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/01/04/wildcards/4.html)

Free coffee for the world!

DaWolf
01-06-2009, 10:53 AM

according to 810

they are speculating that Carl will saying something about his Miami job at the press conference tomorrow.

sounds like Carl .... wait to say anything until you have a new job so you can be a smug prick one last time.

That would be sort of like what Pacino did at the end of Any Given Sunday.

triple
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM

Now...go.

I respect and thank Carl for helping revive a moribund franchise, and restoring Kansas City's status as a football town.

He didn't accomplish all his goals, and he should have been gone 5, or maybe 10 years ago, but I respect what he accomplished.

patteeu
01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
why? wtf has carl won?

2 USFL Championships with a team owned by the new owner of the Dolphins.

blueballs
01-06-2009, 11:06 AM
The Bermuda Triangle
awaits a filling meal