PDA

View Full Version : Football Nick Holt leaves USC for UW

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm not sure why he'd want to leave USC for UW in the exact same position, but thanks none the less!!!! My Huskies now have both coordinators on the staff. Woot!!!

Mecca
01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Probably because being the DC at USC is just like being a defensive coach, Pete Carroll calls the defensive plays.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2009, 06:14 PM
Probably because being the DC at USC is just like being a defensive coach, Pete Carroll calls the defensive plays.

I know Pete is the man down there, but I'll take the guys that have been learning from him for the last couple of years. I'm excited that we may steal a recruit or 2, even if it's in our own backyard. We need some kind of a bone up here, never thought I'd say that about the Dawgs.

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Didn't Holt coach at Idaho? Might be wanting to get back to his roots in the Northwest.

Mecca
01-05-2009, 06:15 PM
I know Pete is the man down there, but I'll take the guys that have been learning from him for the last couple of years. I'm excited that we may steal a recruit or 2, even if it's in our own backyard. We need some kind of a bone up here, never thought I'd say that about the Dawgs.

Eh, I know they have some contact with the coaches that are leaving and all but playing for USC is the appeal of USC I'm not to worried about losing recruits.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Didn't Holt coach at Idaho? Might be wanting to get back to his roots in the Northwest.

Yeah, he was the head coach of the Vandals before he went to USC.

booger
01-05-2009, 06:39 PM
This opens the door for Pete's buddy Greg Robinson to go to USC

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2009, 07:05 PM
I think Washington is the 3rd best job in PAC-10 behind USC and UCLA(but they are idiots) so the Huskies have a great shot at being #2 in the PAC-10.

chief52
01-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I think Washington is the 3rd best job in PAC-10 behind USC and UCLA(but they are idiots) so the Huskies have a great shot at being #2 in the PAC-10.

...and Cal?

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2009, 07:12 PM
...and Cal?

I would rank them 5th behind Arizona State. ASU has the party school/chicks thing that helps recruiting. Cal reminds me alot of Mizzou, great school that has the potential to do something but never really does.

chief52
01-05-2009, 07:22 PM
I would rank them 5th behind Arizona State. ASU has the party school/chicks thing that helps recruiting. Cal reminds me alot of Mizzou, great school that has the potential to do something but never really does.

I think after USC, and then UCLA it is pretty tight between the rest with the exception of maybe WSU ( Damn hard to recruit to Pullman) and Stanford ( great university, beautiful campus, tougher to get athletes in) I would actually put Oregon third followed by Cal, Washington, ASU in no particular order. Eugene is a great place. Easy to recruit to as well. Bellotti also seems like he would be a great guy to play for.

My nephew is graduating from ASU this May. He has been right in the middle of heaven on earth for the last 4 years!

Basileus777
01-05-2009, 07:23 PM
This opens the door for Pete's buddy Greg Robinson to go to USC

I'm going to miss GRob being at Syracuse. His destruction of that program was a nice boost for Rutgers. But I'm sure we'll continue to beat the piss out of them every year anyway.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2009, 07:29 PM

They've traditionally been better than that even. UW has 3 national titles in football to their credit.

ChiefsCountry
01-05-2009, 07:34 PM
They've traditionally been better than that even. UW has 3 national titles in football to their credit.

Thats why I have them that high lots of traditon in Seattle.

chief52
01-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Yes, they have a great tradition there in a great city.

But where there ever "outright" National Champs? I know, it is tough to say which pole etc... But I do not remember them ever being out right champs.

What years are you saying they were " National Champions"?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Yes, they have a great tradition there in a great city.

But where there ever "outright" National Champs? I know, it is tough to say which pole etc... But I do not remember them ever being out right champs.

What years are you saying they were " National Champions"?

They've never won it outright.

chief52
01-05-2009, 08:24 PM
They've never won it outright.

I see. I do remember James' teams up there. I can also remember back when Sonny Sixkiller was slingin' the ball around. He brought a lot of excitement to U of W football.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2009, 08:26 PM
According to Wikipedia they won it in 1960, 1985, 1990, and 1991. I wouldn't count 1990 at all.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-05-2009, 08:26 PM
I see. I do remember James' teams up there. I can also remember back when Sonny Sixkiller was slingin' the ball around. He brought a lot of excitement to U of W football.

Call me a fanboy, but we split it in 1991 with Miami. We went down there in 94 and snapped their 58 home game winning streak. Close enough for me. :)

chief52
01-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Holt also will have the title of assistant head coach. Is that just verbage? Who knows.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-usc6-2009jan06,0,7244384.story

Holt, 46, will become the Huskies' defensive coordinator and will also have the title of assistant head coach.

Holt is the fourth USC coach or administrative staff member hired by Sarkisian, joining Dennis Slutak, director of football operations; Jared Blank, director of player personnel, and Demetrice Martin, a former graduate assistant who will coach Huskies defensive backs.

chief52
01-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Call me a fanboy, but we split it in 1991 with Miami. We went down there in 94 and snapped their 58 home game winning streak. Close enough for me. :)

It would be close enough for me as well!

Frosty
01-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Huskies are legends in their own minds - typical Seattle arrogance. Considering that they haven't been great since before most of the guys they are recruiting were born, I don't think the "tradition" is going to count for much.

Washington used to be the only game in town since all of the other PNW teams sucked but with the rise of the Oregon schools as well as Boise State and Utah, they are going to have a lot harder time recruiting. It would be nice if they could at least get back to being competitive as they (and WSU) are dragging the PAC-10 down. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Huskies are legends in their own minds - typical Seattle arrogance. Considering that they haven't been great since before most of the guys they are recruiting were born, I don't think the "tradition" is going to count for much.

Washington used to be the only game in town since all of the other PNW teams sucked but with the rise of the Oregon schools as well as Boise State and Utah, they are going to have a lot harder time recruiting. It would be nice if they could at least get back to being competitive as they (and WSU) are dragging the PAC-10 down. :)

Hey, congratulations on that national title in baseball. You can always hang your hat on dragging USC down though. :)

Frosty
01-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey, congratulations on those back to back national titles in baseball.

FYP

I wasn't trying to claim that the Beavers were better or had more history. I'm just saying that U Dub is going to have a much harder time rising to the top than the Husky Homers think because they aren't the only game in town anymore and also that a shared national title almost two decades ago doesn't mean that much now.

Don't go all "Sam Hall" on us, now. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
01-06-2009, 10:52 AM
FYP

I wasn't trying to claim that the Beavers were better or had more history. I'm just saying that U Dub is going to have a much harder time rising to the top than the Husky Homers think because they aren't the only game in town anymore and also that a shared national title almost two decades ago doesn't mean that much now.

Don't go all "Sam Hall" on us, now. :D

LMAO Come on dude. We both live in Washington and hate the cunt governor we have. It's all in good fun. :D I am a Husky homer but not a dillusional one. I am not sure we can reach the same success we had in the early 90's. I'm hopin though. And yes, congrats on the back to back baseball national titles.

Frosty
01-06-2009, 01:14 PM
LMAO Come on dude. We both live in Washington and hate the **** governor we have. It's all in good fun. :D I am a Husky homer but not a dillusional one. I am not sure we can reach the same success we had in the early 90's. I'm hopin though. And yes, congrats on the back to back baseball national titles.

It's all good. Just my opinion as a PAC-10 fan. As a Beaver fan, I hope y'all go 0-11 every year. :D

BTW, it's not totally anti-Husky at my house. Here is youngest son on Christmas morning. I'm not sure where I went wrong. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
It's all good. Just my opinion as a PAC-10 fan. As a Beaver fan, I hope y'all go 0-11 every year. :D

BTW, it's not totally anti-Husky at my house. Here is youngest son on Christmas morning. I'm not sure where I went wrong. :)

Wow. A Husky fan under these conditions? What, he prefers basketball? Well, what can I say. Woof woof motherfucker!!! :)

Mr. Flopnuts
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
P.S - Nice title for that pic btw LMAO

Frosty
01-06-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow. A Husky fan under these conditions? What, he prefers basketball? Well, what can I say. Woof woof mother****er!!! :)

He wouldn't watch any of the football games this year. :D I am not sure how he became a fan. I guess growing up surrounded by Cougar fans (we've lived here his whole life) led him to be a contrarian.