PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We WONT be coaching the Senior bowl

chiefforlife
01-05-2009, 09:10 PM
So fire Herm already...

BENGALS, JAGUARS COACHES WILL WORK THE SENIOR BOWL
Posted by Mike Florio on January 5, 2009, 6:17 p.m.

Thanks in large part to uncertainty surrounding the coaching staffs in Cleveland, Detroit, St. Louis, Seattle, and Kansas City, the Cincinnati Bengals will handle one of the two Senior Bowl squads — specifically, the North team.

The team announced the assignment on Monday.

“Coaching in the Senior Bowl was very valuable to us in 2004, and we are excited to once again have this opportunity,” coach Marvin Lewis said. “The top talent is always going to be at this game, and there’s nothing like the evaluation you can get from actually coaching these players in practice and game situations.”

It’s a great advantage for the Bengals, who have only a handful of full-time scouts, and who typically press their assistant coaches into service in the months before the draft.

The South squad will be coached by Jack Del Rio and the rest of the Jaguars’ staff. (It’s unknown whether Del Rio will bring along a tree stump and/or an ax.)

The irony is that both teams have a reputation for ignoring character issues when selecting players. If they do it this year, they won’t be able to say that they didn’t have several days of extensive access to the players in question.

unothadeal
01-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Isn't Gruden usually a coach? His team didn't make the playoffs. Why not him?

wazu
01-05-2009, 09:14 PM
This is actually a good thing. I'd hate to see Herm set those poor kids back in their development as players.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2009, 09:17 PM
another fucked up thing by the Chiefs

usually sucking gets you the perk of having more contact with the draftees.

for us sucking got us the 3rd pick and not able to coach the senior bowl

it's like a disaster film that just has one fucked up thing happen after another, after another

OnTheWarpath15
01-05-2009, 09:20 PM
another fucked up thing by the Chiefs

usually sucking gets you the perk of having more contact with the draftees.

for us sucking got us the 3rd pick and not able to coach the senior bowl

it's like a disaster film that just has one fucked up thing happen after another, after another

It's not THAT big of a deal, Laz.

Lately, the best players have been passing on the invitation anyway. Now the new staff can use that time to get their shit together, instead of having to deal with another distraction.

Mr. Laz
01-05-2009, 09:20 PM
It's not THAT big of a deal, Laz.

Lately, the best players have been passing on the invitation anyway. Now the new staff can use that time to get their shit together, instead of having to deal with another distraction.
it's not a huge deal ...... but it doesn't help.

Reerun_KC
01-05-2009, 09:21 PM
This is actually a good thing. I'd hate to see Herm set those poor kids back in their development as players.

this....

Those kids just dodged a major asshat..

They were very fortunate!

mikeyis4dcats.
01-05-2009, 09:48 PM
yes! nothing holding us back now!

chiefforlife
01-05-2009, 09:49 PM

I never thought about it that way. The senior class should be thankful, heck the whole NFL.

Extra Point
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
This announcement makes me feel better about what Big Chief Clark is doing.

Mecca
01-06-2009, 01:07 AM
Alot of the top players this year will be underclassmen so it's not that big of a deal.