PDA

View Full Version : Life Playa Del Carmen

Dartgod
01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Just booked 6 nights at The Royal Playa Del Carmen in mid-April.

Can't wait, should be a great time!

triple
01-06-2009, 01:21 PM
you will not regret it.

KC Dan
01-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Just booked 6 nights at The Royal Playa Del Carmen in mid-April.

Can't wait, should be a great time!
Beeotccchhhhhh!!! When you gonna tell me - Huh?????
Dates, blah, blah blah in PM please

Demonpenz
01-06-2009, 01:24 PM
went there back in august. make sure you tip your staff, We got free pizza burgers and nba 2k1 at the end of our trip

Dartgod
01-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Soph was going to send an email tonight for anyone interested. I'll send a quick PM, she'll send the details later tonight.

Simply Red
01-06-2009, 01:36 PM
How dare you plan a vacation!!! Don't you know in this economy you're suppossed to shiver in the corner terrified out of your mind?!

Dartgod
01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
How dare you plan a vacation!!! Don't you know in this economy you're suppossed to shiver in the corner terrified out of your mind?!
It may be the last vacation I can take for a while, so I may as well enjoy it!

HC_Chief
01-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Nice. Don't drink the water. Order everything sans ice.

Montezuma's Revenge is a bitch.

MIAdragon
01-06-2009, 01:39 PM
It may be the last vacation I can take for a while, so I may as well enjoy it!

Enjoy man

Delano
01-06-2009, 01:42 PM
The wife and inlaws are heading out for a cruise to Cozumel in five days. Cozumel is an island right near Playa del Carmen.

Any suggestions that I can pass along?

Simply Red
01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
The wife and inlaws are heading out for a cruise to Cozumel in five days. Cozumel is an island right near Playa del Carmen.

All of this crap and no bump for the 'NTC' thread?!

HC_Chief
01-06-2009, 01:43 PM

Don't drink the water. Order everything sans ice.

Montezuma's Revenge is a bitch. :D

Delano
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
All of this crap and no bump for the 'NTC' thread?!

I have an awesome village awaiting the correct guess. Try guessing that one, brah.

Chief Henry
01-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Heading to the Fiesta American Aqua inCancun the 2nd week of March.
I can't wait. We stayed at a Fiesta American in Cabo about 4 years ago, it
was very nice.

No nude cams however like Joe Seahawk.

Joe Seahawk
01-06-2009, 02:17 PM
This is a very good forum and website all about Playa.. You'll love it down there, We had a blast down there. (we stayed at an all inclusive I should have just checked right into Alcoholics anonymous upon my return. :) )

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/

Dartgod
01-06-2009, 02:19 PM
This is a very good forum and website all about Playa.. You'll love it down there, We had a blast down there. (we stayed at an all inclusive I should have just checked right into Alcoholics anonymous upon my return. :) )

http://www.playa.info/playa-del-carmen-forum/
I've spent a lot of time on that site researching where to stay. A lot of good info there.

We haven't booked any side trips yet, but two things I definitely want to do is a Tulum Mayan Ruins trip and a snorkling trip. Got any other suggestions that are interesting/fun?

HC_Chief
01-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I've spent a lot of time on that site researching where to stay. A lot of good info there.

We haven't booked any side trips yet, but two things I definitely want to do is a Tulum Mayan Ruins trip and a snorkling trip. Got any other suggestions that are interesting/fun?

Skip Chichen Itza. It is a 3hr bus ride from Playa. It is cool, but they don't let you explore any more. Everything is now fenced off because some fat dumbass tripped and stubbed her third stomach, resulting in litigation

Dartgod
01-06-2009, 02:46 PM
Skip Chichen Itza. It is a 3hr bus ride from Playa. It is cool, but they don't let you explore any more. Everything is now fenced off because some fat dumbass tripped and stubbed her third stomach, resulting in litigation
Is Tulum worth the trip?

HC_Chief
01-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Is Tulum worth the trip?

Yep. Beautiful.... and it is close.

I heard Xel Ha is nice too, but we were burnt on ruins after Tulum & Chichen Itza. We were ready for some more quality time, swilling booze by the pool/on the beach :D

kindra68
01-06-2009, 03:36 PM

One of the best days I had sounds sooo touristy. We sat by the beach at Senor Frogs and drank Dos Squis all day. Watch out for Alma the shot girl, she’s burial!
And do the snorkeling!! If you don’t have a waterproof camera, get one! Just the disposable one is good enough. After I got use to breathing thought the snorkel, it was gravy baby.

Iowanian
01-06-2009, 03:40 PM

We enjoyed the trip to the ruins....climb your ass to the top. Tulum is a walk, but it was worth it....bus ride wasn't great, but we ended up on a side trip to some remote Mayan village and walked through a home(occupied) traded the local kids garbage for books/paper/crayons.

I'm sure there are better, but I wasn't impressed with my snorkle trip there. It was basically "how fast can we make these Gringos swim so they'll be too tired for the 2nd half" contest. I think 6-8 of us went out on the 2nd tour and I was croaking by the return. It wasn't a casual "see fish on the reef". Check that out first.

Fritz88
01-06-2009, 03:47 PM
was there last July, what a lovely place. Enjoy and make sure you swing by Tulum (if you are the type who likes ancient archeological sites).

DJJasonp
01-06-2009, 05:16 PM
was there in September for my honeymoon.

Loved it! Great crystal clear blue water....cool shopping district, great beach-side bars, clubs, restauraunts (without the trashy cancun vibe).

All inclusive is the way to go....good food/good drinks/good service where we stayed.

If you're in to golf....some good golf courses there as well.

You're also about a 45 minute ferry ride away from cozumel.

Dartgod
01-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Sweet! The KC Dan's are going too!

mikeyis4dcats.
01-07-2009, 10:04 PM
I recommend Coba...tallest pyramid and still climbable.

I also recommend tours through AllTournative. We did the Mayan Encounter and loved it. http://www.alltournative.com/tours-products/maya-encounter

We also did a romantic sunset lobster catamarran tour, but I don't recall who it was through. I can dig up the info if you want it.

KC Dan
01-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I recommend Coba...tallest pyramid and still climbable.

I also recommend tours through AllTournative. We did the Mayan Encounter and loved it. http://www.alltournative.com/tours-products/maya-encounter

We also did a romantic sunset lobster catamarran tour, but I don't recall who it was through. I can dig up the info if you want it.
commence digging!

KCChiefsMan
01-07-2009, 11:44 PM
wtf is sans ice?

DeezNutz
01-08-2009, 12:19 AM
wtf is sans ice?

Without ice.

Cosmos
01-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Yep. Beautiful.... and it is close.

I heard Xel Ha is nice too, but we were burnt on ruins after Tulum & Chichen Itza. We were ready for some more quality time, swilling booze by the pool/on the beach :D

Took the family to Cancun in 2006.

Purchased the combo Xel Ha / Tulum trip.

If you have family, take an entire day at Xel Ha and another day at Tulum.

We went in Aug and Tulum was hot as Hades. Make your way down the long wood staircase to take a dip in the ocean.

Finally a lessons learned... the tour bus that transported us had a broken on board bathroom. At the end of the night we are on our way back to Cancun and people need to pee. The bus driver pulls over at a gas stop ans people pile out to cross the street and do their business.

Lesson would be to make sure your significant other takes her purse with her when she leaves the bus so the suspicious old man and teen age girl sitting accross from you likely steal her wallet/credit cards/cash.... that is all.

Oh and make sure you rent some jet ski's while your out there.

cdcox
01-08-2009, 01:25 AM
you will not regret it.

!(tripple.getAvatar());

mikeyis4dcats.
01-08-2009, 08:52 AM
oh, and be very careful on snorkeling. The hurricanes that came through in 2005 literally wiped out 90% of the coral, and estimates are it will be at least 10-15 years before it is anywhere close to what it once was. You likely will end up dropping a bunch of money on a wasted trip...

We were there in July 2006, and they said the water was still cloudy from the hurricane's impact, and that obviously at that point there was NOTHING to even see.

Fire Me Boy!
01-08-2009, 09:50 AM

Off-roading through Cozumel is a friggin' blast.

Nixhex
01-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Absolutely beautiful place. Tulum is awesome. The ocean down there is so nice it almost looks fake.

DJJasonp
01-08-2009, 10:31 AM
oh, and be very careful on snorkeling. The hurricanes that came through in 2005 literally wiped out 90% of the coral, and estimates are it will be at least 10-15 years before it is anywhere close to what it once was. You likely will end up dropping a bunch of money on a wasted trip...

We were there in July 2006, and they said the water was still cloudy from the hurricane's impact, and that obviously at that point there was NOTHING to even see.

Was there in September....clear, blue water now.....

Dartgod
01-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Did you do any snorkeling? How was it and where did you go?

mikeyis4dcats.
01-08-2009, 01:34 PM

yeah, I would assume the water has cleared up, but was there anything to see? They had said it would be years before there was any significant regrowth.