PDA

View Full Version : Football What are the odds that Jeff Jagodzinski gets fired today?

bowener
01-06-2009, 02:57 PM
ESPN just said that he is going ahead with the Jets interview.

For those that do not know. BC said they will fire him if he interviews for the Jets head coaching vacancy.

Another job possibility mentioned for him, should he be fired, is the OC position for the Seattle Seahawks.

MIAdragon
01-06-2009, 03:02 PM
100%

bowener
01-06-2009, 03:13 PM
100%

Wow. I guess that is fair for BC. He will get paid better somewhere else.

MIAdragon
01-06-2009, 03:23 PM
When stuff like this is said, "I think Jeff Jagodzinski did a great job here,'' said BC athletic director Gene DeFilippo late this afternoon. "But I want a person who wants to be at Boston College and who wants to stay here a long, long time. I thought I had that person.'' to me its a done deal, I think they fire him even if he decides against the interview.

Buck
01-06-2009, 03:25 PM
Hmmm...remind anyone of this???

Schembechler was also the athletic director at Michigan from 1988 until early 1990. Just before the 1989 NCAA basketball tournament, men's basketball head coach Bill Frieder announced that he was taking the head coach position at Arizona State University, effective at the end of the season. Insisting on those in the program being dedicated to the school, Schembechler immediately fired Frieder and appointed assistant basketball coach Steve Fisher as interim head coach, while famously announcing that "a Michigan man is going to coach Michigan" in the NCAA tournament. Ironically, Frieder was an alumnus of Michigan, while Fisher was not. Fisher led Michigan to six straight victories in the tournament and the 1989 national championship. Schembechler witnessed the championship game on his 60th birthday.

Simplex3
01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
BC is shooting themselves in the foot. Most really good coaches have NFL aspirations. They won't be going to work at BC until this AD is gone.