PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Sources claim Bradford will declare for Draft barring injury Thursday night

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2009, 12:16 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/sources-bradford-to-turn-pro/

By Matt Bowen
Posted January 7, 2009

Sources close to the National Football Post have told us that Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, barring an injury in Thursday night’s BCS National Championship game against Florida, will declare for the NFL Draft. The 6-foot-4, 218-pound sophomore and Heisman Trophy winner threw for 4,464 yards and 48 touchdowns with only 6 interceptions in leading the Sooners to the Big 12 championship and a 12-1 record.

The question now is where Bradford will end up in April’s draft. According to National Football Post draft expert Wes Bunting:

“Bradford instantly jumps toward the head of the quarterback class in the 2009 draft and will battle Georgia quarterback Matthew Stafford for the top quarterback spot. Expect Bradford to draw interest toward the top end of the first round and be in the mix for the first overall pick. The Detroit Lions (who hold the first pick) and the Kansas City Chiefs (who hold the third overall pick) are both expected to be very interested in his services, as well as the 49ers at pick ten.

Also, two teams toward the middle of the draft can also be expected to have serious interest in Bradford but will likely need to trade up to get him. The Minnesota Vikings are still searching for a franchise quarterback, and Bradford would be an ideal fit to run Brad Childress’ west coast offense. In addition, Jon Gruden of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has never met a quarterback he didn’t like, and Bradford has the accuracy and intelligence to run Gruden’s version of the west coast offense to perfection.”

the Talking Can
01-07-2009, 12:16 PM
good

FringeNC
01-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Cool. Hope everyone declares.

kstater
01-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Heh, I smell a jinx of epic proportions coming on.

MIAdragon
01-07-2009, 12:18 PM

LMAO

DaKCMan AP
If Bradford and Stafford declare I can see Tebow & Sanchez staying in school and playing for the championship next year.

OnTheWarpath15
good

Yes and no, IMO.

It may keep Sanchez from declaring, knowing that his only competition for 2009 declared in 2008.

It also means that we have to hope and pray that Detroit fucks up and takes Bradford. If they take Stafford first, we're screwed.

the Talking Can
01-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Yes and no, IMO.

It may keep Sanchez from declaring, knowing that his only competition for 2009 declared in 2008.

It also means that we have to hope and pray that Detroit ****s up and takes Bradford. If they take Stafford first, we're screwed.

all we can do is hope they all come out, the more the merrier...the rest is out of our hands

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2009, 12:20 PM

I can't root for an injury, but it would be funny.

"I'm coming out unless I get injured!"

BAM!

Brandon Spikes blows out his knee...

talastan
01-07-2009, 12:21 PM
As long as we don't pick Todd Blackledge again I'm fine with Bradford, Stafford, or Sanchez if all three declare. I'd prefer Stafford or Sanchez, but any of these three will be better than who we have on the roster now. And with hopefully a new HC, and probably a new QB coach, any of these guys will have a good chance to develop into a star.

milkman
01-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Yes and no, IMO.

It also means that we have to hope and pray that Detroit ****s up and takes Bradford. If they take Stafford first, we're screwed.

Hell, I now hope that Bradford throws for 500 yards and 10 TDs.

Frazod
01-07-2009, 12:25 PM
Hell, I now hope that Bradford throws for 500 yards and 10 TDs.

I hope he throws 10 picks and dies in a fire.

OnTheWarpath15
01-07-2009, 12:27 PM
As long as we don't pick Todd Blackledge again I'm fine with Bradford, Stafford, or Sanchez if all three declare. I'd prefer Stafford or Sanchez, but any of these three will be better than who we have on the roster now. And with hopefully a new HC, and probably a new QB coach, any of these guys will have a good chance to develop into a star.

This is going to come across as picking on you specifically - it's not. I've seen this attitude so many times lately, and it's sickening.

Kyle Boller would be better than what we have on the roster now.

David Carr would be better than what we have on the roster now.

I could go on.

That's one thing I feel good about regarding the possible hiring of Pioli. He seems like a guy that will stay true to his board. If Bradford is the only QB left when we pick for some reason, and the staff isn't enamored with him, I hope like hell they pass on him and pick the BPA.

And if they ARE enamored with him, I hope like hell they are right.

El Jefe
01-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I'd take him in the draft.

88TG88
01-07-2009, 12:28 PM
If Bradford and Stafford declare I can see Tebow & Sanchez staying in school and playing for the championship next year.

:clap:

Sure-Oz
01-07-2009, 12:29 PM

I can see that happening too

Demonpenz
01-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Sometimes I want to jump onto bradfords back and ride him like the large dog from neverending story

milkman
01-07-2009, 12:32 PM

I don't care who wins the BS Championship.

All I want is for Bradford to play well enough (and do enough in offseason workouts) to raise his draft stock and entice the Lions to take him with the first pick.

(And BS was not a typo)

beach tribe
01-07-2009, 12:33 PM

Well Detroit sure as shit won't pick him if that happens.

talastan
01-07-2009, 12:42 PM
This is going to come across as picking on you specifically - it's not. I've seen this attitude so many times lately, and it's sickening.

I could go on.

That's one thing I feel good about regarding the possible hiring of Pioli. He seems like a guy that will stay true to his board. If Bradford is the only QB left when we pick for some reason, and the staff isn't enamored with him, I hope like hell they pass on him and pick the BPA.

I don't think you're picking on me and can understand your opinion. I see much more potential in all three of these young guns then I saw in Boller, or Carr. The fact is we don't know how any of these guys will translate their college success to the NFL, but if one of them falls to us, and our board has us grabbing them, then we pick one of them up. If our board has us drafting differently then I agree with you, pass and get the player we're looking for.

FringeNC
01-07-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't care who wins the BS Championship.

All I want is for Bradford to play well enough (and do enough in offseason workouts) to raise his draft stock and entice the Lions to take him with the first pick.

(And BS was not a typo)

Yep. Either have a playoff or don't. Proclaiming the winner to be NC, and ignoring the results of all the other games is BS.

Lex Luthors
01-07-2009, 12:47 PM
The best thing for the Chiefs would be for all 3 of them to declare. I've heard arguments for each of them, including the argument that Sanchez is the most prepared for the NFL because he's already running a pro-style offense at USC.

Bradford's stats are amazing, but it does make me nervous that he's been behind a bunch of studs on the offensive line and never has to throw under pressure. I think he'd be my 3rd choice of the the 3.

But I'll be happy if he becomes a Chief.

Monty
01-07-2009, 12:55 PM

I could go on.

Agreed regarding your other comments, but I wholeheartedly disagree about Carr. IMO, Thigpen is a better option.

Carr is worthless IMO.

kepp
01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Well Detroit sure as shit won't pick him if that happens.

They just might. We're talking about Detroit.

milkman
01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Agreed regarding your other comments, but I wholeheartedly disagree about Carr. IMO, Thigpen is a better option.

Carr is worthless IMO.

Same here.

milkman
01-07-2009, 01:05 PM
They just might. We're talking about Detroit.

Using that logic, the Lions are bound to drfat Michael Crabtree.

Mi_chief_fan
01-07-2009, 01:12 PM

Living around so many Lions fans, I think half of them would riot in the streets; the other half would laugh histarically.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2009, 01:50 PM
no you don't ..... you want him to play well enough so Detroit picks him.

you may hate oklahoma but you like the Chiefs more

BigChiefFan
01-07-2009, 01:51 PM
What will the planet do if Pioli DRAFTS Bradford?

milkman
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Living around so many Lions fans, I think half of them would riot in the streets; the other half would laugh histarically.

Lion fans are more frustrated with the Ford ownership than KC fans were with Hunt.

They feel like they will never rise above the crap until Ford sells, and based on FO decisions, they may be right.

Mr. Laz
01-07-2009, 01:53 PM
take up praying

Sure-Oz
01-07-2009, 01:54 PM

We'll be pissed originally and accept the fact it happend and then hope and pray he becomes what we need.

Frazod
01-07-2009, 01:57 PM

Maybe they'll take Freeman.

He is tall, you know. LMAO

milkman
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM

I like Stafford and Sanchez better, but I would be willing to give a new regime the benefit of the doubt until they showed they don't deserve it.

BigChiefFan
01-07-2009, 02:03 PM
I think any team would have to seriously consider Bradford as a franchise QB. His numbers are too stellar to not at least be very thorough in scouting him.

Tribal Warfare
01-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I think any team would have to seriously consider Bradford as a franchise QB. His numbers are too stellar to not at least be very thorough in scouting him.

The kid is pinpoint accurate, I know Mecca says he has "doors" to pass to but the kid's ball placement is superb.The WR never has to reach for it, or break stride.

BigChiefFan
01-07-2009, 02:10 PM
The kid is pinpoint accurate, I know Mecca says he has "doors" to pass to but the kid's ball placement is superb.The WR never has to reach for it, or break stride. He also runs more of a pro style offense than some are willing to admit, as well.

ChiefsCountry
01-07-2009, 03:11 PM
I like Stafford and Sanchez better, but I would be willing to give a new regime the benefit of the doubt until they showed they don't deserve it.

I agree with this.