PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Control Issue Stalling Pioli Negotiations?

KCJohnny
01-09-2009, 03:04 AM
Chiefs Team Report (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AugPvbVi7AXVT68Ra1XPPFpDubYF?slug=teamreports-2009-nfl-kan&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report)

Inside Slant

The Carl Peterson era officially ended Jan. 6 with a farewell address to some 250 club staffers, family members, former players and VIP guests that included George Brett.

Peterson, insisting he is not retiring from the NFL, left unanswered questions about his future elsewhere in the league, saying only that he will take some time off after a mentally exhausting 2-14 season before determining what he will do next.

The future of the team’s chief executive of the past 20 years wasn’t the main one on the minds of most Chiefs fans, however.

The identity of his replacement was.

Though club chairman of the board Clark Hunt’s search for a new general manager has been skillfully conducted out of the spotlight, the few leaks that have developed suggest Hunt has moved beyond interviewing into a negotiating stage with New England vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli, the top candidate on any number of wish lists.

The two 43-year-old men likely found philosophical similarities, especially in the long-established Hunt family philosophy of a hands-off management style.

But control issues may be a stumbling block, as might the salary question.

Pioli, in his more highly publicized meetings with Cleveland owner Randy Lerner, reportedly asked for nearly complete control over all aspects of the Browns organization.

Hunt, in his most significant organizational move following the 2006 death of Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt, has expressed his desire to divide Peterson’s total control between a business-oriented team president - likely long-time current interim president Denny Thum - and a general manager in charge of all football operations.

It also will be interesting to see if the Hunt family, long known as fiscally conservative during Lamar Hunt’s lifetime, will consider the kind of $5 million annual payout that Seattle reportedly offered Pioli a couple years ago in an attempt to lure him from a New England position in which he was part of four Super Bowl teams (and three champions) during a nine-year period as Bill Belichick’s player personnel man.

Pioli, who twice has been named the NFL executive of the year, clearly has everything Hunt wants in a proven ability to identify and acquire talent necessary to build a winner.

But, do Hunt and the Chiefs have all that Pioli requires?

Among the selling points: There is salary cap room (of more than $30 million); a foundation of young, inexpensive players; a fan base hungry for a return to the better days of the first half of the 20-year Peterson reign; and a renovated stadium and newly constructed team headquarters and practice facility.

Full story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AugPvbVi7AXVT68Ra1XPPFpDubYF?slug=teamreports-2009-nfl-kan&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report)

Tribal Warfare
01-09-2009, 03:13 AM
We'll just have to find out

BigRock
01-09-2009, 03:22 AM
It's just a repeat of the 610 story from a day or two ago. That's why it's qualified with "may" and "might".

KCJohnny
01-09-2009, 03:24 AM
It's just a repeat of the 610 story from a day or two ago. That's why it's qualified with "may" and "might".

Yeah, I've had a little bit of difficulty tuning in 610 sports on my AM radio here in South Korea.
Please pardon the redundancy.
I was merely trying to scoop Tribal Warfare...

o:-)

01-09-2009, 03:26 AM
God this is getting old. Don't report news unless there is something to report for crying out loud. Friggin Yahoo Sports

This is not meant a dig at you KCJ but as a dig at Yahoo.

KCJohnny
01-09-2009, 04:26 AM
God this is getting old. Don't report news unless there is something to report for crying out loud. Friggin Yahoo Sports

This is not meant a dig at you KCJ but as a dig at Yahoo.

No harm done. This may be speculation but it keeps readers on the hook. I haven't been on CP for a few days so I haven't been as inundated as the rest of you guys by all the Piolisms.

N00bs won't remember this but we have endured similar fits of wild and desperate longings. Mike Peterson. Corey Dillon. I can't even remember them all. then we get Mike Cloud or somebody.

Well with Mr. Hunt Sr. in heaven and Carl safely away from OAD, something new is coming. It might not be Pioli, but it won't be Carl. This paragraph gave me hope:

Among the selling points: There is salary cap room (of more than $30 million); a foundation of young, inexpensive players; a fan base hungry for a return to the better days of the first half of the 20-year Peterson reign; and a renovated stadium and newly constructed team headquarters and practice facility.

Ultra Peanut
01-09-2009, 04:36 AM
KCJohnny still posting shitty, redundant threads?

King_Chief_Fan
01-09-2009, 10:13 AM

like no one else does that:rolleyes:

Duck Dog
01-09-2009, 10:48 AM

Why the venom? Did he not approve of your transsexual lifestyle? Or was it something else?:shrug:

StcChief
01-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Why the venom? Did he not approve of your transsexual lifestyle? Or was it something else?:shrug:this.

Mr. Laz
01-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Why the venom? Did he not approve of your transsexual lifestyle? Or was it something else?:shrug:
what does this have to do with anything?

or just you trying to be a dick?

Jerm
01-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Well this thread took a hard left turn lol.

Mr. Arrowhead
01-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Chiefs Team Report (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AugPvbVi7AXVT68Ra1XPPFpDubYF?slug=teamreports-2009-nfl-kan&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report)

Inside Slant

The Carl Peterson era officially ended Jan. 6 with a farewell address to some 250 club staffers, family members, former players and VIP guests that included George Brett.

Peterson, insisting he is not retiring from the NFL, left unanswered questions about his future elsewhere in the league, saying only that he will take some time off after a mentally exhausting 2-14 season before determining what he will do next.

The future of the team’s chief executive of the past 20 years wasn’t the main one on the minds of most Chiefs fans, however.

The identity of his replacement was.

Though club chairman of the board Clark Hunt’s search for a new general manager has been skillfully conducted out of the spotlight, the few leaks that have developed suggest Hunt has moved beyond interviewing into a negotiating stage with New England vice president of player personnel Scott Pioli, the top candidate on any number of wish lists.

The two 43-year-old men likely found philosophical similarities, especially in the long-established Hunt family philosophy of a hands-off management style.

But control issues may be a stumbling block, as might the salary question.

Pioli, in his more highly publicized meetings with Cleveland owner Randy Lerner, reportedly asked for nearly complete control over all aspects of the Browns organization.

Hunt, in his most significant organizational move following the 2006 death of Chiefs founder Lamar Hunt, has expressed his desire to divide Peterson’s total control between a business-oriented team president - likely long-time current interim president Denny Thum - and a general manager in charge of all football operations.

It also will be interesting to see if the Hunt family, long known as fiscally conservative during Lamar Hunt’s lifetime, will consider the kind of $5 million annual payout that Seattle reportedly offered Pioli a couple years ago in an attempt to lure him from a New England position in which he was part of four Super Bowl teams (and three champions) during a nine-year period as Bill Belichick’s player personnel man.

Pioli, who twice has been named the NFL executive of the year, clearly has everything Hunt wants in a proven ability to identify and acquire talent necessary to build a winner.

Full story (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AugPvbVi7AXVT68Ra1XPPFpDubYF?slug=teamreports-2009-nfl-kan&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report)

he forgot to report this in his story

Okay gang, as many of you know I still have friends at the highest level in the Chiefs organization and have this info to share with full confidence: Scott Pioli is the new GM. His announcement will come Thursday or Friday at the latest. Clark and Scott are working out the finer points of his contract tonight, but the deal is sealed. Also, Clark informed Herm Edwards and his coaching staff that they will be released. All assistants can reapply through Scott.

I only share this information because I'm no longer with the team and it's fun to share that a new day is dawning at Arrowhead. Scott Pioli will quickly move to clean out the front office and hire a new coach.

The only info I have on the new coach is it will not be Kirk Ferentz from the Iowa Hawkeyes. Kirk coaches his son at Iowa and does not want to leave until his son graduates.

Mike Shanahan has contacted Pioli, but I don't know any info beyond that.

KC kid
01-09-2009, 11:03 AM
he forgot to report this in his story

I think Clark has made it clear he is blindly infatuated with Squirmin Herman Edwards and wants to keep him, but no GM worth his weight in gold will be willing to keep him around.

This is the "total control".

Chief Henry
01-09-2009, 11:10 AM

you are sad

beach tribe
01-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Johnny breaks the story!!!!

Could we keep it in the Pioli thread plz?

RealSNR
01-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Hey guys, I don't know if you all know this or not, but Ultra Peanut is a transsexual.

THAT'S PRETTY FUNNY, RIGHT? RIGHT?????//

Duck Dog
01-09-2009, 01:38 PM
what does this have to do with anything?

or just you trying to be a dick?

I was just being a dick. Well, actually I was being a dick in the process of making a point. I was merely asking if his attack on KCJohnny was provoked or not.

Fat Elvis
01-09-2009, 01:39 PM
I was just being a dick. Well, actually I was being a dick in the process of making a point. I was merely asking if his attack on KCJohnny was provoked or not.

You haven't ventured over to DC, have you?

bowener
01-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I am no expert, but on the same level as Nick with WPI, as are all of you, but if there is a "hang up" or stall in the talks between Owner and GM, isn't it almost always/or only over the pay or the power?

So every time one of these reports comes out saying, "it would be finalized, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut they cant agree on X", it makes me wonder/believe that they are just covering their ass with another speculation.

Kind of like a cult leader, you'd better get the end of the world right or you will look pretty ****ing stupid.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-09-2009, 03:00 PM
The only new thing I learned from this thread is that Ultra Peanut is a tranny.

Ultra Peanut
01-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Hey guys, I don't know if you all know this or not, but Ultra Peanut is a transsexual.

THAT'S PRETTY FUNNY, RIGHT? RIGHT?????//HOLY SHIT.

DUCK DOG FROM DOOOOWNTOOOOOWN (HE'S ON FIRE)

Ebolapox
01-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Welcome, Monsieur, sit yourself down
And meet the best innkeeper in town
As for the rest, all of 'em crooks:
Rooking their guests and crooking the books
Seldom do you see
Honest men like me
A gent of good intent
Who's content to be

Master of the house, doling out the charm
Ready with a handshake and an open palm
Tells a saucy tale, makes a little stir
Customers appreciate a bon-viveur
Glad to do a friend a favor
Doesn't cost me to be nice
But nothing gets you nothing
Everything has got a little price!

Master of the house, keeper of the zoo
Ready to relieve 'em of a sou or two
Watering the wine, making up the weight
Pickin' up their knick-knacks when they can't see straight
Everybody loves a landlord
Everybody's bosom friend
I do whatever pleases
Jesus! Won't I bleed 'em in the end!

Thenardier & Drinkers:
Master of the house, quick to catch yer eye
Never wants a passerby to pass him by
Servant to the poor, butler to the great
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate!
Everybody's boon companion
Everybody's chaperone

Thenardier
But lock up your valises
Jesus! Won't I skin you to the bone!

Enter Monsieur, lay down your load
Unlace your boots, rest from the road
This weighs a ton, travel's a curse
But here we strive to lighten your purse
Here the goose is cooked
Here the fat is fried
And nothing's overlooked
Till I'm satisfied

Food beyond compare. Food beyond belief
Mix it in a mincer and pretend it's beef
Kidney of a horse, liver of a cat
Filling up the sausages with this and that
Residents are more than welcome
Bridal suite is occupied
Reasonable charges
Plus some little extras on the side!

Charge 'em for the lice, extra for the mice
Two percent for looking in the mirror twice
Here a little slice, there a little cut
Three percent for sleeping with the window shut
When it comes to fixing prices
There are a lot of tricks he knows
How it all increases, all them bits and pieces
Jesus! It's amazing how it grows!

Thenardier & Chorus:
Master of the house, quick to catch yer eye
Never wants a passerby to pass him by
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate!
Everybody's boon companion
Gives 'em everything he's got

Thenardier:
Dirty bunch of geezers
Jesus! What a sorry little lot!

Mme. Thenardier:
I used to dream that I would meet a prince
But God Almighty, have you seen what's happened since?

Master of the house? Isn't worth me spit!
`Comforter, philosopher' and lifelong shit!
Cunning little brain, regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover but there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted living with this bastard in the house!

Thenardier & Drinkers:
Master of the house!

Mme. Thenardier:
Master and a half!

Thenardier & Drinkers:
Comforter, philosopher

Mme. Thenardier:
Ah, don't make me laugh!

Thenardier & Drinkers:

Mme. Thenardier:
Hypocrite and toady and inebriate!

Thenardier & Drinkers:
Everybody bless the landlord!
Everybody bless his spouse!

Thenardier:
Everybody raise a glass

Mme. Thenardier:
Raise it up the master's arse

All
Everybody raise a glass to the Master of the House!

Ultra Peanut
01-09-2009, 03:30 PM
You haven't ventured over to DC, have you?It's not just DC. KCJ is one of the most consistent redundant thread starters on the Planet, right up there next to Gunther_Fan or John Wayne or whatever he's called this week. Whenever news breaks, they're always there six hours and seventeen threads later to tell us about it all over again.

I guess the people whining at me for chiding him got a memo about this being "Be Nice to Awful Posters" week, or something.

RealSNR
01-09-2009, 03:32 PM
It's not just DC. KCJ is one of the most consistent redundant thread starters on the Planet, right up there next to Gunther_Fan or John Wayne or whatever he's called this week. Whenever news breaks, they're always there six hours and seventeen threads later to tell us about it all over again.

I guess the people whining at me for chiding him got a memo about this being "Be Nice to Awful Posters" week, or something.You forgot chiefsfan1963, too.

Ultra Peanut
01-09-2009, 03:34 PM
You forgot chiefsfan1963, too.Oh yeah. And his have the benefit of always having a "Dick Vermeil was like Jesus!" angle.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-09-2009, 03:47 PM
It's not just DC. KCJ is one of the most consistent redundant thread starters on the Planet, right up there next to Gunther_Fan or John Wayne or whatever he's called this week. Whenever news breaks, they're always there six hours and seventeen threads later to tell us about it all over again.

I guess the people whining at me for chiding him got a memo about this being "Be Nice to Awful Posters" week, or something.

Who? Oh, this guy.

Ultra Peanut
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/1563ex4.gif

KCJohnny
01-09-2009, 11:23 PM
It's not just DC. KCJ is one of the most consistent redundant thread starters on the Planet...

Right. Which is why you posted on this thread 5x already, Ru Paul.

Ebolapox
01-10-2009, 01:51 AM

tremendously compassionate thing to call somebody, reverend. and you call yourself a man of god? jesus tittyfucking ballsucking asslicking christ. holy cumgargling mary, lick my ass trinity. fucknugget mcstink. sphincter. sex before marriage. not pulling out. da vinci code. everything else that is offensive to you in a religious way (your mother was a hampster, and your father smelt of elderberries)

http://westendwhingers.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/exorcist-head-spin.jpg

RealSNR
01-10-2009, 02:54 AM
tremendously compassionate thing to call somebody, reverend. and you call yourself a man of god? jesus titty****ing ballsucking asslicking christ. holy cumgargling mary, lick my ass trinity. ****nugget mcstink. sphincter. sex before marriage. not pulling out. da vinci code. everything else that is offensive to you in a religious way (your mother was a hampster, and your father smelt of elderberries)

http://westendwhingers.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/exorcist-head-spin.jpg:eek: Frank, this shit just got real

mikey23545
01-10-2009, 05:38 AM

Go fuck yourself, circus freak.

Ultra Peanut
01-10-2009, 08:20 AM
:eek: Frank, this shit just got real<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QqMiigy92qU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QqMiigy92qU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Go fuck yourself, circus freak.Oh damn. The Angry Shitposter Duo and Lieutenant Whothefuck do not approve!

http://i40.tinypic.com/ayu2bk.png

Fritz88
01-10-2009, 09:30 AM
This is the most important part in your peice

Okay gang, as many of you know I still have friends at the highest level in the Chiefs organization and have this info to share with full confidence: Scott Pioli is the new GM. His announcement will come Thursday or Friday at the latest. Clark and Scott are working out the finer points of his contract tonight, but the deal is sealed. Also, Clark informed Herm Edwards and his coaching staff that they will be released. All assistants can reapply through Scott.

I only share this information because I'm no longer with the team and it's fun to share that a new day is dawning at Arrowhead. Scott Pioli will quickly move to clean out the front office and hire a new coach.

The only info I have on the new coach is it will not be Kirk Ferentz from the Iowa Hawkeyes. Kirk coaches his son at Iowa and does not want to leave until his son graduates.

Mike Shanahan has contacted Pioli, but I don't know any info beyond that.

jAZ
01-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I don't so much consider KCJ's reposting at all noteworthy. It happens all the time. But his desire to have his very own thread to repost that old news is wothy of mentioning.

Delano
01-10-2009, 09:33 AM
That angry fuck mikey is in Pastor Johnny's crew?

Strange bedfellows!

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2009, 11:02 AM

Very Christian-like response, Mr. Man-of-God.

rad
01-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Very Christian-like response, Mr. Man-of-God.

Homosexuality is an abominab.....an abonima.....abolomat....

it's bad.

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Homosexuality is an abominab.....an abonima.....abolomat....

it's bad.

ROFL