PDA

View Full Version : What would you do if your neighbor....

Pages : [1] 2

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room window and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolerated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

The people put exterior x-mas lights on their home and guess what...they had to turn off their light so they could be seen. Day after x-mas the light was back on in all of its blinding beauty.

So I finally looked up the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuisance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

The city in turn said this is an exception to municiple code and they forwarded it to the Police. The Police contacted me and said they are waiting for the blessing from the city prosector to allow a citation. This is where it gets good...

If they do get the blessing, I of course have to sign a complaint and possibly appear in court to have the light dimmed or removed.

I am half willing to accept reimbursement for the $500 for the tree I put in, though that does me no good in the winter. The wife says I should let it go. My best friemd says "**** em' they should of thought about that when they put in the light".

So would you follow it all the way to court? Or am I being a bigger dick than usual? :shrug:

Updated: Talked to him, asked him to either wait until 10:00 to turn it on or get a dimmer bulb.....light was off last night so he is being cool though I could tell by his town he wasn't happy about the purpose of my visit

Frazod
01-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Pellet gun.

After you've shot the bulb out enough times, they'll get the message.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Pellet gun.

I don't know if that would do it. The thing is pretty strudy. It literaly belongs in a parking lot. Seriously.

Carlota69
01-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room wind and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolderated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

The people put exterior x-mas lights on their home and guess what...they had to turn off their light so they could be seen. Day after x-mas the light was back on in all of its blinding beauty.

So I finally looke dup the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuiscance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

The city in turn said this is an exception to municiple code and they forwarded it to the Police. The Police contacted me and said they are waiting for the blessing from the city prosector to allow a citation. This is where it gets good...

If they do get the blessing, I of course have to sign a complaint and possibly appear in court to have the light dimmed or removed.

I am half willing to accept reimbursement for the $500 for the tree I put in, though that does me no good in the winter. The wife says I should let it go. My best friemd says "**** em' they should of thought about that when they put in the light".

So would you follow it all the way to court? Or am I being a bigger dick than usual? :shrug:

Personally, if the light is a huge nussance to the point that you can't enjoy serenity in your backyard, or bedroom, I'd be in court.

wutamess
Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room wind and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolderated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

So I finally looke dup the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuiscance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

BIG DICK!

Simply Red
Antifreeze never expires.

Buck
01-09-2009, 03:37 PM
**** that, you need to shine a flood light right back at them.

Get like three of them bitches and focus them all on the same point.

That'll learn 'em.

wutamess
01-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Uh, Eddie, Have you tried talking to the neighbor about it?
http://blog.gabefrost.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/eddie.jpg

aturnis
01-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Pellet gun.

this.

Also works with annoying dogs. If you don't like being mean to animals, just leave the neighbors gate open, and the dog should find his/her way out of your hair!:D

Buck
One time I was in the ghetto sitting in the passenger seat of a car and all the sudden I had a laser pointed at me. All I could see was the red laser point on my chest and It scared the shit out of me.

Just randomly point lasers into their windows.

BigChiefFan
Listen to your wife and buy some curtains.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:39 PM

No and for a few reasons:

1. I do not know them
2. Anyone who would keep a light on so bright isn't going to care
3. Anyon who realizes the light is so bright they have to turn it off so their x-mas lights will eb visible, tne they turn it back on, isn't going to care
4. Since I do not know them you never know what sort of confrontation may occur.

Ultra Peanut
Once they're dead, you're going to chop up the limbs. You'll put those in little plastic baggies, and... okay, this is important. Do you have a blowtorch?

Simply Red
http://blog.gabefrost.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/eddie.jpg

:clap:

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:40 PM

So I should not sit out on my deck either?

DeezNutz
01-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Pellet gun.

This.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Once they're dead, you're going to chop up the limbs. You'll put those in little plastic baggies, and... okay, this is important. Do you have a blowtorch?

I can get one

Buck
01-09-2009, 03:42 PM

What kind of fence is in between the houses?

BigChiefFan
So I should not sit out on my deck either?So you only use your deck at night?

Ebolapox
wasn't there a movie with samuel l jackson about this? maplewood terrace?

wutamess
01-09-2009, 03:43 PM

1. I do not know them
3. Anyon who realizes the light is so bright they have to turn it off so their x-mas lights will eb visible, tne they turn it back on, isn't going to care
4. Since I do not know them you never know what sort of confrontation may occur.

Or maybe... Just maybe they don't give a shit about the backyard light and have no idea that it's bothering you or too bright for you since it is in "the backyard".

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:43 PM
What kind of fence is in between the houses?

Typical wooden privacy fence, but their light stands about 4 ft above it.

the light is every bit of 10ft if not more

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Or maybe... Just maybe they don't give a shit about the backyard light and have no idea that it's bothering you or too bright for you since it is in "the backyard".

Maybe. They obviously don't care about the houses right across the street from them as well that face them.

DeezNutz
01-09-2009, 03:44 PM
So you only use your deck at night?

Correct. No one should enjoy their property after dark.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM

:cuss: :D

Ultra Peanut
01-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I can get oneYou're going to use that on the torso. If you have access to an incinerator, that would be an ideal method for disposal.

How does serving ground-up neighbor meat to people you don't really like very much sound? Just a suggestion, of course. That's really the time to get creative, so feel free to experiment (within reason)!

Hoover
Ive got two of those 4 globe old fashioned lights by my two entrances. They are effin bright, I've put the lowest watt bulbs I can find but having four of them on each post is a lot. The one close to the neighbor goes off at 10 pm, the one by the garage goes off at midnight.

That said I'd ask them to see if they can get a lower wattage bulb or see if it can be turned off at a certain hour.

BigChiefFan
The point is, the SUNLIGHT doesn't seem to bother them, okay, big kahuna?

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Ive got two of those 4 globe old fashioned lights by my two entrances. They are effin bright, I've put the lowest watt bulbs I can find but having four of them on each post is a lot. The one close to the neighbor goes off at 10 pm, the one by the garage goes off at midnight.

That said I'd ask them to see if they can get a lower wattage bulb or see if it can be turned off at a certain hour.

This comes on at dusk and statys on until dawn

Actually I would want it kept off until a certain hour.

Pitt Gorilla
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
1) Shoot it out repeatedly.

2) Antifreeze.

Good Lord, a gun and antifreeze can solve pretty much any problem you encounter.

DeezNutz
01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
The point is, the SUNLIGHT doesn't seem to bother them, okay, big kahuna?

Bother Pete? Are you trying to suggest that sitting out on one's deck in the sunlight is the same as enduring high-powered artificial light from a neighbor?

Mark M
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM

1. I do not know them

Um ... not be a jerk, but if you don't know them, how the hell do you know if they'll care or not?

And unless you go over there and immediately start being a complete jackass, not sure why you'd be worried about any confrontation. Again, you admit you don't know them, so how could you have any clue at all of how they'd react?

IMHO, you should have talked to them before any of this started. Oh, and the pellet gun is an idiotic idea since they'll probably figure out who's doing it, and then you'll be the defendant in court.

At this point, your only option (other than getting over it -- and I completely understand why you won't) is to follow through on the complaint.

MM
~~:shrug:

Buck
Do they have grass in their backyard?

I'm thinking something like this.

BigCatDaddy
Go buy a couple of lawn chairs and hang out in front of the garage.

Johnny Vegas
01-09-2009, 03:51 PM

just go and talk to them about it. You're blowing this out of proportion. Don't be a dick about it. Just say you're not the one that complains a whole lot, but could you dim the light so I can get some privacy out of your back yard. Perhaps we can work something out where I can help you move it so its not visible from outer space. I'm sorry, but quit hiding behind the computer and go and do something about it yourself without clogging the courts with this. I hate to be frank about it.

BigChiefFan
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Bother Pete? Are you trying to suggest that sitting out on one's deck in the sunlight is the same as enduring high-powered artificial light from a neighbor?
I'm just trying to have fun in a thread that could easily be solved with some common sense approach, but Pete wants to take it to court, when I'm sure a simple conversation couldn't have prevented all this headache and potential embarassment, but whatever.

jspchief
01-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Are you the only neighbor that it bothers? If not, maybe you could try sending an anonymous letter explaining the situation. Mention that you felt it was best to ask politely before pursuing code enforcement.

Basically ask them as nicely as possible, while letting them know that there are further measures that can be taken if they decide to not a give a shit about the feelings of their neighbors.

kcxiv
01-09-2009, 03:53 PM
First talk to them and explain. This is a must to do first. If this didit work. I honestly would pay some kids to break that shit one night. Hell, i used to do this kind of stuff when i was a kid. lol

DeezNutz
01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm just trying to have fun in a thread that could easily be solved with some common sense approach, but Pete wants to take it to court, when I'm sure a simple conversation couldn't have prevented all this headache and potential embarassment, but whatever.

Then I missed the sarcasm. My bad.

I agree that talking to these people should be step #1.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Post pics of said light

petegz28
01-09-2009, 03:55 PM

Inver said I wanted to take it to court. I even spent $500 to put a tree to try and block it. What pissed me off is when they shut it off so their x-mas lights could be seen then cranked it back up. Obviously they are not clueless as to how bright it is.

patteeu
Why not try to politely ask them to replace the bulb with a dimmer version first before you go trying to get them in trouble with the city?

sedated
Anyone who goes straight for legal action before simply expressing their level of annoyance is a pretty big douche in my book. And kind of a coward.

DeezNutz
Post pics of said light

This needs to happen.

TrebMaxx
01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
I would have gone and asked them politely if something could be worked out. Even now I would suggest to do the same before any charges are brought and if they react like jackass go through with the courts. If they respond favorably, maybe they just didn't realize how the light intruded on you, then call the city prosecutor's office and request to drop the compliant.

keg in kc
01-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Buy a really loud dog and put him outside at roughly the same time the light comes on.

OnTheWarpath15
Well, the pellet gun idea is a no-go now that you've officially filed a complaint.

I'd continue your current course of action.

I mean, FFS, the thing must be brighter than God's flashlight if they had to turn it off so their Christmas lights could be seen.

They obviously have no concern for anyone else, or no common sense that this thing might be a nuisance to others - or both.

In the meantime, I'd raise your blinds, and cover every window that is affected in heavy-duty Reynolds Wrap. One, it will absolutely block out the light. Two, it might cause enough reflection that they get the fucking hint.

(These suggestions are absolutely retarded, but WGAS)

Mark M
Inver said I wanted to take it to court. I even spent $500 to put a tree to try and block it. What pissed me off is when they shut it off so their x-mas lights could be seen then cranked it back up. Obviously they are not clueless as to how bright it is.

True.

But they may be clueless as to it bothering people - especially if none of their neighbors have the guts to talk to them about it, or from people who hang out on their decks at night and are unable to put up curtains ...

MM
~~:)

sedated
01-09-2009, 03:58 PM

1. I do not know them

you know what happens when you assume.

a month from now there will be another thread about the dickhead neighbor who took them to court rather than just coming over letting them know that their light is bothering him.

Demonpenz
01-09-2009, 03:59 PM
i remember we had this light outside to stop intruders from coming on our property. We had to take it down, next day I was raped

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
This needs to happen.

I ahve in other threads I wil dig them up later.. I just typed up a letter I am going to leave with them as I do not think they are home until later and I am going out, damn it!

DeezNutz
Maybe we can nominate the CP poster who is the most fluent in dumbass to write them a really nice note asking for their cooperation?

I'm not teeing this up for anyone. TIA.

Edit: I was writing this when Pete typed his response. Purely a coincidence. lol.

munkey
I even spent $500 to put a tree to try and block it.

I had the same problem with a neighbor a few years back...I simply went over and told them the light was keeping us up and was basically a nuisance. They simply started turning it off around 10PM every night and we've never had a problem since.

Spending money on blinds or say a $500.00 tree never crossed my mind...

Chiefnj2
01-09-2009, 04:01 PM
You are afraid to go over and talk to them because it may lead to confrontation, but you are willing to file a complaint and have the police go to them? That's not confrontational? That's like skipping the dog dare and going right to the triple dog dare.

Ring the bell, introduce yourself and ask them if they noticed the tree you planted. Explain to them you planted the tree because of their light and you didn't want to cause problems, but during the winter months the tree doesn't shade you at all and the light is a problem.

If they are decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot for not coming to them sooner and they will do something about the light. If they aren't decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot and to get off their property at which time you file the complaint and buy a spotlight that illuminates the top of your fence where you just hung your brand new thermometer that you must checki all night long.

DeezNutz
01-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I ahve in other threads I wil dig them up later.. I just typed up a letter I am going to leave with them as I do not think they are home until later and I am going out, damn it!

For the record, I wouldn't do this.

If they react negatively, they'll have the letter in front of the them to continue to incite them. Conversations are more quickly forgotten. Plus, in person they'll see that you're not trying to be an ass.

munkey
01-09-2009, 04:03 PM

I wouldn't leave a letter....but that's just me... :)

Johnny Vegas
01-09-2009, 04:04 PM

thats whats wrong with the world today. Letters are the new way to confront problems. Does not work. Whats wrong with good old fashion face to face talk?

Chiefnj2
01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
When you meet them it will help to be nice and be a little off kilter. Repeatedly ask them what that annoying buzzing sound is and stare off into space while picking your teeth with a Bowie knife.

Mark M
01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
You know, it just occurred to me to ask this:

You'll spend $500 planting a tree, but not five minutes to talk to them? WTF?

On a related note, remind me never ask you for financial advice ...

MM
~~:p

Moon§hiner
01-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Put in a horseshoe pit. Nothing like pitching shoes with a few noisy drunken friends at night. Then thank the neighbor for putting up the light.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't leave a letter....but that's just me... :)

Actually I just talked to the male of the house....some big black guy who stole another white woman... ROFL

They said they will take care of it so, we shall see. The letter was in case they were not home.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Actually I just talked to the male of the house....some big black guy who stole another white woman... ROFL

They said they will take care of it so, we shall see. The letter was in case they were not home.

He's gonna kill you

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:12 PM
You are afraid to go over and talk to them because it may lead to confrontation, but you are willing to file a complaint and have the police go to them? That's not confrontational? That's like skipping the dog dare and going right to the triple dog dare.

Ring the bell, introduce yourself and ask them if they noticed the tree you planted. Explain to them you planted the tree because of their light and you didn't want to cause problems, but during the winter months the tree doesn't shade you at all and the light is a problem.

If they are decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot for not coming to them sooner and they will do something about the light. If they aren't decent people they will tell you that you are an idiot and to get off their property at which time you file the complaint and buy a spotlight that illuminates the top of your fence where you just hung your brand new thermometer that you must checki all night long.

No, that's called keeping my ass or their ass out of jail over a petty argument that could erupt.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:13 PM
He's gonna kill you

that's why I own gunS :D

dirk digler
01-09-2009, 04:14 PM

I agree with this.

Log off ChiefsPlanet and walk your ass over to the next trailer and ask them very nicely to do something about the light so you can sit in the back of your trailerbed...err I mean deck while not being blinded to death.

Fish
01-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Tomorrow's headline: KC Man Sodomizes Neighbor with Light Pole

Johnny Vegas
01-09-2009, 04:15 PM
No, that's called keeping my ass or their ass out of jail over a petty argument that could erupt.

so you're the one who will start the fight?

dirk digler
01-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Damn I am slow. Good job Pete you handled it the right way instead of involving the 5-0

MOhillbilly

just move to the country, not my part though.

munkey
I will say one thing however...

If my neighbor turned me in for something of this nature and I prevailed I'd put an even brighter light in since your actions basically tell me all I need to know about you.....

Case in point:

I have another neighbor that's been telling other neighbors that our fence is on his property and he's going to force me to have it surveyed. When I confronted him about it he completely denied it and then apologized....I asked him what he was sorry about and he said for all the confusion...lying sack of shit. He just didn't have the balls to admit he has nothing better to do then stir the pot and drink beer all day (he spent the last two years in Iraq driving truck...unfortunately he cam back).

f*&k I hate neighbors...can't wait to get back to the country.

munkey
01-09-2009, 04:18 PM

disregard last post...:clap:

Good for you. Now was that so hard? ;)

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:20 PM
so you're the one who will start the fight?

Ye, I am going to start a fight......:grr:

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:20 PM
disregard last post...:clap:

Good for you. Now was that so hard? ;)

Dude, where I grew up, this would of been taking my life in my own hands...you hve to understand that.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Damn I am slow. Good job Pete you handled it the right way instead of involving the 5-0

I Was not against a city complaint and a fine. That sends a message. But when the city said the cops had to get involved...not really the way I want to go......yet.

KChiefs1
01-09-2009, 04:23 PM
I hate neighbors....we live in the country but we have a gravel road that goes down about a mile with 2 houses on it...they have kids who incessantly ride their 4-wheelers up & down the road all day...the sound is very loud & obnoxious but I've put up with it...now I noticed tire tracks in my yard on top of that...of course I've never seen them do it but it's pretty obvious along with the fresh gravel I just paid for all over my friggin' yard too.

What would you do?

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I hate neighbors....we live in the country but we have a gravel road that goes down about a mile with 2 houses on it...they have kids who incessantly ride their 4-wheelers up & down the road all day...the sound is very loud & obnoxious but I've put up with it...now I noticed tire tracks in my yard on top of that...of course I've never seen them do it but it's pretty obvious along with the fresh gravel I just paid for all over my friggin' yard too.

What would you do?

Rock salt and a shotgun come to mind. :evil:

kepp
01-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I'm thinking you always have to try the civil approach first without making assumptions about their response. Try to work it out with them and if that doesn't work, you're absolutely entitled to get the law involved.

nstygma
01-09-2009, 04:30 PM
antifreeze!! duh

n00bs

Micjones
01-09-2009, 04:31 PM
Have you ever addressed the matter with your neighbors?

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Have you ever addressed the matter with your neighbors?

Ok, you get points deducted for being late to the convo...:D

blueballs
01-09-2009, 04:37 PM
It's a know fact black people are scared of the dark

petegz28
01-09-2009, 04:38 PM
It's a know fact black people are scared of the dark

All I know is the guy looked like he could play LB for the Chiefs. I am 5'6" and a desk jockey. You can do the math....

|Zach|
01-09-2009, 04:47 PM
I enjoy all the prodding it took Pete to simply go over and talk to the guy.

Quite a pair of stones you have.

No wonder you are such a tough guy behind the keyboard.

OnTheWarpath15
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Interesting the beating Pete is taking, while the guy that has no regard for his neighbors and installs a fucking spotlight comes off as an innocent in all this.

If someone like Iowanian, Bugeater, Frazod, etc posted this thread, you wouldn't hear a peep about "having the stones" to confront someone that obviously could give two shits about his neighbors.

You either have to be Stevie Wonder, or a real asshole to install something like that and NOT think it's going to be a nuisance to others.

|Zach|
01-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Interesting the beating Pete is taking, while the guy that has no regard for his neighbors and installs a ****ing spotlight comes off as an innocent in all this.

If someone like Iowanian, Bugeater, Frazod, etc posted this thread, you wouldn't hear a peep about "having the stones" to confront someone that obviously could give two shits about his neighbors.

You either have to be Stevie Wonder, or a real asshole to install something like that and NOT think it's going to be a nuisance to others.

None of the posters you listed above would have been dickless enough to try and weigh all these other options before *gasp* just talking to the guy.

Never mind the hilarity of the mindset of someone who automatically thinks this simple talk would result in some kind of thunder dome situation.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:09 PM
I enjoy all the prodding it took Pete to simply go over and talk to the guy.

Quite a pair of stones you have.

No wonder you are such a tough guy behind the keyboard.

GFY

OnTheWarpath15
01-09-2009, 05:09 PM
None of the posters you listed enough would have been dickless enough to try and weigh all these other options before *gasp* just talking to the guy.

Never mind the hilarity of the mindset of someone who automatically thinks this simple talk would result in some kind of thunder dome situation.

Wow.

You missed the first post of the thread, didn't you?

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:10 PM
None of the posters you listed above would have been dickless enough to try and weigh all these other options before *gasp* just talking to the guy.

Talk about talking tough behind a keyboard. ROFL

You obviously have lived in the suburbs all your life too.

|Zach|
01-09-2009, 05:11 PM
GFY

I will be awaiting a letter or phone call from the cops to get this message.

Thanks in advance. ROFL

DeezNutz
01-09-2009, 05:11 PM
No one suggested fucking the guy's wife?

What's wrong with this place?

|Zach|
01-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Talk about talking tough behind a keyboard. ROFL

You obviously have lived in the suburbs all your life too.

False.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:14 PM
I will be awaiting a letter or phone call from the cops to get this message.

Thanks in advance. ROFL

Dude, you already got called on talking out of your ass once already. Why keep...well I guess we need some entertainment so ...keep it up fuchead :D

patteeu

Doing it in person, politely, with a smile on your face would have the greatest chance of success, imo.

petegz28
False.

Sure.....this is me not believing you..---> :shake:

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Doing it in person, politely, with a smile on your face would have the greatest chance of success, imo.

Well, we shall see.....

Trust me, when I saw the size of the guy, and I knew he was big but damn....I was nothing but smiles and nice...

|Zach|
01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Dude, you already got called on talking out of your ass once already. Why keep...well I guess we need some entertainment so ...keep it up fuchead :D

So you guys took those responses...on Chiefs Planet as serious posts of what those posters would do in those situations.

Dickless and stupid.

I am starting to feel sorry for you. Just step into that light and save everyone on CP.

|Zach|
01-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Sure.....this is me not believing you..---> :shake:

This is me typing this post from Westport.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:18 PM
This is me typing this post from Westport.

Westport ain't nothing but the hispanic suburb of the hood. That is just a joke cause I know it is mostly gay people and not hispanic.

When you get to Troost or otherwise east of, let me know.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2009, 05:18 PM
This is gay

|Zach|
01-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Westport ain't nothing but the hispanic suburb of the hood.

When you get to Troost or otherwise east of, let me know.
I would keep changing the goal posts if I were you as well.

When you are not a complete coward. Let me know.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:19 PM
This is gay

I gotta do something until the wife gets home....:eek:

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I would keep changing the goal posts if I were you as well.

When you are not a complete coward. Let me know.

Sure thing, sweetie

BigChiefFan
01-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Tomorrow's headline: KC Man Sodomizes Neighbor with Light Pole
The Gem of the thread.ROFL

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:26 PM
Interesting the beating Pete is taking, while the guy that has no regard for his neighbors and installs a ****ing spotlight comes off as an innocent in all this.

Sort of how I saw it. You put it in and kept it on so why indication is there you will care what your neighbors say? And I was fine with a warning and possible fine from the city to send the message. But once they started talking about the Cops having to get involved....meh ...not ready to go there yet.

cardken
01-09-2009, 05:28 PM
There are "blinders" that can be put around globes to keep light from shining in that direction that can be affixed to said lightpost. Or Paint black the direction it is shining on you.

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
There are "blinders" that can be put around globes to keep light from shining in that direction that can be affixed to said lightpost. Or Paint black the direction it is shining on you.

Actually he is illegal with his light. The law clearly states that your light is to have said blinders\deflectors and it cannot cross property lines. The unfortunate part is the front of his house faces the back of mine. So I can see where it would look stupid.

He tried to tell me it was on a timer so I asked if he can get a dimmer bulb? So we will see what happens. I have a feeling he will be cool but when his wife gets home well.....you know how women can be.....

Sure-Oz
01-09-2009, 05:33 PM
I still want to see how bright this fucker is, take a picture

cardken
01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Actually he is illegal with his light. The law clearly states that your light is to have said blinders\deflectors and it cannot cross property lines. The unfortunate part is the front of his house faces the back of mine. So I can see where it would look stupid.

He tried to tell me it was on a timer so I asked if he can get a dimmer bulb? So we will see what happens. I have a feeling he will be cool but when his wife gets home well.....you know how women can be.....

Best of luck

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:38 PM
I still want to see how bright this ****er is, take a picture

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188997

You can look here. I thought I put other sup but can find them right now. These were taken with my litte powershot and it really darkens things, so admitedly it doesn't look as bad as it is.

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon was and a lot closer and right at eye level when you are sitting in my dining room or on the deck.

Notice it is so tall it reaches his 2nd story window. It belongs in a parking lot.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2009, 05:40 PM

You can look here. I thought I put other sup but can find them right now. These were taken with my litte powershot and it really darkens things, so admitedly it doesn't look as bad as it is.

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon was and a lot closer and right at eye level when you are sitting in my dining room or on the deck.

Notice it is so tall it reaches his 2nd story window. It belongs in a parking lot.

That is a big ball of sun in front of their house

MichaelH
01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Pellet gun.

Without reading the other posts, this is the winner. And if they complain, shoot them. But only below the knees. :D

petegz28
01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
That is a big ball of sun in front of their house

You should see it in person. I do not know how their neighbors right across the streeet tolerate it. But it literally you have to cover your eyes if oyu are sitting on my deck. It is just irritating.

Iowanian
01-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I think you should make every effort to be a good neighbor. That goes both ways.

The majority of people are willing to compromise and would be willing to do something to alleviate your discomfort. I'm sure there is something that can be added to the light that will dim your side or block it and still look attractive for their investment.

that said, I do live next to one of those people that asking politely turns into a clusterf@k of dipshittery.

Give them a chance to fix it before you're a dick about it or turn them in. They likely didn't realize it was bothersome to you.

A dimmer bulb would probably fix it too.

Skip Towne
01-09-2009, 05:53 PM
I think you should make every effort to be a good neighbor. That goes both ways.

The majority of people are willing to compromise and would be willing to do something to alleviate your discomfort. I'm sure there is something that can be added to the light that will dim your side or block it and still look attractive for their investment.

that said, I do live next to one of those people that asking politely turns into a clusterf@k of dipshittery.

Give them a chance to fix it before you're a dick about it or turn them in. They likely didn't realize it was bothersome to you.

Wouldn't frozen paint balls be better?

Iowanian
01-09-2009, 06:11 PM
That would be barbaric and uneccessary.

KC Jones
01-09-2009, 06:25 PM
It's a crazy thought, but I would try talking to them.

kstater
01-09-2009, 06:26 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but it'd probably be best if you just talked to them. They probably don't know it's affecting their neighbors so much. No reason to be a dick and call the cops on them.

And without knowing the guy, you don't want to talk to the big scary black man because you think it'll cause a confrontation?

Bwana
01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Bird Bombs............

Mecca
01-09-2009, 07:20 PM
If anyone put up a light that shined into my bedroom window, since I like complete darkness when sleeping, I would be really pissed.

I'd go to court before I felt bad about being a dick because my thought would be, you were a dick first putting up that fucking thing so you get a dick response.

RNR
01-09-2009, 07:31 PM
I would try a come to Jesus meeting with him first.

Chief Roundup
01-09-2009, 07:39 PM
You ever heard of killing someone with kindness???
Ask your neighbor over for dinner.
Let them see what thier light is doing to thier neighbor that was nice enough to ask them over for dinner so that there would be no word fighting over it back and forth just simply adding fuel to a fire.
During the dinner and conversation you can let them know that it has been bothering you for a while by letting them know that you have been looking for options to help the situation including spending $500 on a tree.
Ask them for thier help to fix this situation.
Then if all else fails you let them know that while you have been trying to find a peaceful and easy solution you have also found that it is against a city ordinance and you can go that way if you are forced to take that road but you would rather not.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-09-2009, 07:46 PM

Really? I ever see a house go on the market in my neighborhood I'll let you know. You'd be a good neighbor.

Have you gone over there and splained' the sitchiation to em? They're about to be cited by the city, so you've obviously won this war. Let them know your conditions for surrender. If they're good with it, great. If not, take no prisoners.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-09-2009, 08:07 PM
i remember we had this light outside to stop intruders from coming on our property. We had to take it down, next day I was raped

LMAO LMAO LMAO

patteeu
01-10-2009, 06:27 AM
If anyone put up a light that shined into my bedroom window, since I like complete darkness when sleeping, I would be really pissed.

I'd go to court before I felt bad about being a dick because my thought would be, you were a dick first putting up that ****ing thing so you get a dick response.

If you like complete darkness when you sleep, you ought to introduce yourself to the concept of shades and curtains.

rocks
01-10-2009, 07:30 AM
I would suggest that you take them to court. Im guessing that they are not stupid and they know how bright the light is. They have just chosen to infringe on your rights as a neighbor and not respecting the fact that they live in a city. Owning a home in the city affords you certain rights and responsibilities and thankfully your city has a code dealing with Light Trespass.

I know what your going through. We have been having the same type of issue with a neighbor since August of last year. Done the whole talk to him thing (twice) and then had my attorney draft a formal letter asking that the lights be changed. We then found out that our city has no code dealing with Light Trespass. So you have that going for you and would go with it.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 09:52 AM
I would suggest that you take them to court. Im guessing that they are not stupid and they know how bright the light is. They have just chosen to infringe on your rights as a neighbor and not respecting the fact that they live in a city. Owning a home in the city affords you certain rights and responsibilities and thankfully your city has a code dealing with Light Trespass.

I know what your going through. We have been having the same type of issue with a neighbor since August of last year. Done the whole talk to him thing (twice) and then had my attorney draft a formal letter asking that the lights be changed. We then found out that our city has no code dealing with Light Trespass. So you have that going for you and would go with it.
First, you should smear his house with feces and burn a cross in his yard. You should probably find out his name and then track down his family members and kill all of them, too.

Why would anyone bother talking rationally to a neighbor first? A conversation? Eff that noise! That's a bunch of hippie bullshit. Burn his house to the ground and piss on the ashes.

How dare someone put up a light and not take it down even though nobody has ever asked him to? This is an outrage!

Brock
01-10-2009, 10:18 AM

I'd go to court before I felt bad about being a dick because my thought would be, you were a dick first putting up that ****ing thing so you get a dick response.

Wouldn't you have to first borrow the attorney money from your mom?

Iowanian
01-10-2009, 10:33 AM
It sounds like Mecca is destined for a lifetime in his mother's basement too. Its not his fault, its just the only place he can sleep properly, when he's not up all night playing WoW and practicing nun chucks.

Reading some of the responses in threads like these clarify to me further why I believe its better to live in a small community. Some of you have no concept of being a neighbor.

smittysbar
01-10-2009, 10:53 AM

This.

StcChief
01-10-2009, 10:53 AM
http://blog.gabefrost.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/eddie.jpg talk to the neighor.... tell them you have looked up the "unlawful" illumination ordinance....

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:55 AM
This.

Fuck that. Why should I not be able to enjoy sitting on my deck? And we do have curtains. But I don't want to keep my house closed up all the time. I aksed him if he could wait until 10:00..which involves me closing my CURTAINS in my bedroom. I think that is more than reasonable.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:56 AM
talk to the neighor.... tell them you have looked up the "unlawful" illumination ordinance....

I did talk to him. I didn't feel I had to mention that, yet.

StcChief
01-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I did talk to him. I didn't feel I had to mention that, yet.if your at this point. next step is cops knocking on his door.
that might get his attention. Court should be that guys last option.
Depending on how the ordinance is written he will likely lose.
Pay fine, smaller pole, dimmer bulb....

your tree? doubt it.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 11:07 AM
if your at this point. next step is cops knocking on his door.
that might get his attention. Court should be that guys last option.
Depending on how the ordinance is written he will likely lose.
Pay fine, smaller pole, dimmer bulb....

your tree? doubt it.

He turned it off last night. I am waiting to see how long this will last. I genuinely feel bad about it but fuck it, he shoul dnever of put in such a bright light in the first palce.

Skyy God
01-10-2009, 11:19 AM
All I know is the guy looked like he could play LB for the Chiefs. I am 5'6" and a desk jockey.

This was the first time you saw the guy? Really? It's more likely that you had seen him before, hence your indirect ($500 tree, contacting city attorneys) conflict methods.

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2009, 11:20 AM
He turned it off last night. I am waiting to see how long this will last. I genuinely feel bad about it but fuck it, he shoul dnever of put in such a bright light in the first palce.

Why the fuck do YOU feel bad?

He's the one who gave no consideration to his neighbors when he installed that thing.

RNR
01-10-2009, 11:26 AM
All I know is the guy looked like he could play LB for the Chiefs. I am 5'6" and a desk jockey. You can do the math....

ROFL Plan B!

petegz28
01-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Why the **** do YOU feel bad?

He's the one who gave no consideration to his neighbors when he installed that thing.

Oh, I don't know....certain feeling of selfhishness I guess? I know I am in the right but I guess it is like spanking your child...you know it is for the best but you really wish you didn't have to do it. :shrug:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Oh, I don't know....certain feeling of selfhishness I guess? I know I am in the right but I guess it is like spanking your child...you know it is for the best but you really wish you didn't have to do it. :shrug:

I would go over and tell him you appreciate him turning the light out last night. Then I'd tell him what time you don't mind him turning it on for the night. OTW is right though. He may have been oblivious to it when he put it in, but the combination of you installing a tree in to try and block it, and his turning it off to show off his Christmas lights should've been the writing on the wall.

Dave Lane
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
We know you are a big disk why not ask if they will turn it out at certain times? Like before 10 oclock or something. And lets see a pic to be sure

petegz28
01-10-2009, 03:15 PM
We know you are a big disk why not ask if they will turn it out at certain times? Like before 10 oclock or something. And lets see a pic to be sure

dude you are like way late to the game... Talked to him, gave Oz a link to pic..though the pic does ltitle justice.....apprecciatet the advice though :)

petegz28
01-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I would go over and tell him you appreciate him turning the light out last night. Then I'd tell him what time you don't mind him turning it on for the night. OTW is right though. He may have been oblivious to it when he put it in, but the combination of you installing a tree in to try and block it, and his turning it off to show off his Christmas lights should've been the writing on the wall.

I told him yesterday if he could wait until 10:00 to turn it on I will deal with the bedroom window. I am more irked about the dining room and deck.

Skip Towne
01-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Have you talked to any of the other neighbors about this. It doesn't hurt to have allies.

|Zach|
01-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Have you talked to any of the other neighbors about this. It doesn't hurt to have allies.

No, a huge fight could result.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 04:05 PM
No, a huge fight could result.

Man GFY, Zach.. I get your point..you think I'm a pussy who hides behind a keyboard. Good for you. As you call people a coward from behind your keyboard.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 04:05 PM

Thought about it but I talked with the guy. He has it shut off for now so we will see how long it lasts or what he ends up doing.

kstater
01-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Thought about it but I talked with the guy. He has it shut off for now so we will see how long it lasts or what he ends up doing.

I'm stunned that after you went and made him aware of the problem, he actually tried to fix the problem. How very un-humane of him.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm stunned that after you went and made him aware of the problem, he actually tried to fix the problem. How very un-humane of him.

nlm

petegz28
01-10-2009, 06:42 PM

Yea, depending on what he does in the long run, I figured I would thank him. Though as some said, he did ask for it by puttin git up in the first place.

And just to correct some people, not you particularly, I did NOT engage the Police. It was never my intention to engage the Police and I stopped it before the Police got involved. I merely entered a complaint to the city as I did feel a dick move deserved something of a dick move in return. Some agree with that, some don't.

The city for some reason says this is one code that has to be enforced by the Police and therefore I thought better to have the face to face.

Still part of me would of liked to of seen him get a fine just for doing it in the first place. But, I am a dick too so...anyhow, hopefully things will work out and he can have his "dimmer" light and I can have dinner and a nice evening on my deck without wearing blinders myself. :)

Now we can go back to Zach calling people keyboard commandos and calling people cowards from behind the safety of his keyboard. LMAO

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 07:16 PM

Just your tone makes it pretty clear that you expect the worst even though it sounds to me like your neighbor has done nothing wrong.

He put up a light in his yard. I doubt that he realized that it shined so brightly into your house. After working up some big confrontation scenario in your head, you asked him to turn it off, and he agreed.

There is an asshole in this scenario, and I don't think it's him.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 07:24 PM
Just your tone makes it pretty clear that you expect the worst even though it sounds to me like your neighbor has done nothing wrong.

He put up a light in his yard. I doubt that he realized that it shined so brightly into your house. After working up some big confrontation scenario in your head, you asked him to turn it off, and he agreed.

There is an asshole in this scenario, and I don't think it's him.

Yea, he wasn't an asshole for putting up a 10ft light that outshines the streetlights in the first place. And it is against city code.

So much for your thinking....

I'll be the first to admit I am an asshole, but I think your math is off, dickhead. :D

And what an asshole I was to spend $500 of my own money to try and block it before I talked to him and thus avoided him getting any fines. Yea, that was a real dick move on my part, wasn't it?

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Yea, he wasn't an asshole for putting up a 10ft light that outshines the streetlights in the first place. And it is against city code.

So much for your thinking....

I'll be the first to admit I am an asshole, but I think your math is off, dickhead. :D

And what an asshole I was to spend $500 of my own money to try and block it before I talked to him and thus avoided him getting any fines. Yea, that was a real dick move on my part, wasn't it?

That doesn't make him an asshole. If you had asked him to turn it off at night and he refused, it would make him an asshole. I'm not convinced that it's against city code, either. There is a city code that regulates how bright a light can be, but I haven't seen any proof that this light necessarily violates the code. Just because you say that it does doesn't make it so. He hasn't been cited, and it sounds like the light has been up for months with no complaints from anyone but you.

Spending the $500 makes you an idiot, not an asshole. You make it sound like it was some act of benevolence on your part in order to save your dear neighbor a fine, but you hadn't even discussed the issue with him. It sounds like you spent $500 because you were too much of a pussy to have a man to man conversation with your neighbor on the mean streets of Olathe.

Just to avoid any further confusion:

Buying the $500 tree makes you an idiot.

Being afraid to have a simple talk with your neighbor makes you a pussy.

Still assuming the worst about a guy who, once he realized that his light was a nuisance, agreed to your request to turn it off at night makes you an asshole.

Crying about another poster telling you the truth in a thread that you started on the topic makes you a bitch.

I double-checked my math this time.

|Zach|
01-10-2009, 08:25 PM

Still assuming the worst about a guy who, once he realized that his light was a nuisance, agreed to your request to turn it off at night makes you an asshole.

Crying about another poster telling you the truth in a thread that you started on the topic makes you a bitch.

ROFL

Mr. Plow
01-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Pellet gun.

I'm not reading through the thread......you had your answer in the first post.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 08:29 PM
That doesn't make him an asshole. If you had asked him to turn it off at night and he refused, it would make him an asshole. I'm not convinced that it's against city code, either. There is a city code that regulates how bright a light can be, but I haven't seen any proof that this light necessarily violates the code. Just because you say that it does doesn't make it so. He hasn't been cited, and it sounds like the light has been up for months with no complaints from anyone but you.

Spending the $500 makes you an idiot, not an asshole. You make it sound like it was some act of benevolence on your part in order to save your dear neighbor a fine, but you hadn't even discussed the issue with him. It sounds like you spent $500 because you were too much of a pussy to have a man to man conversation with your neighbor on the mean streets of Olathe.

OOOHHHH you really told me..especially all the different names you called me......

No city code?

6.06.045 Unlawful Outdoor Illumination.

(a) No person shall install, maintain and/or use an outdoor visible light or other source of illumination which is on private property and produces glare or direct illumination across a property line in a residential area of such intensity that it creates a nuisance or unreasonably interferes with the use or enjoyment of adjacent property.
(b) Outside lights must be made up of a light source and reflector so that, acting together, the light beam is controlled and not directed across a property line.

(c) This section shall not apply to street lights or lights installed, maintained and used in connection with the use and operation of any outdoor stadium; amphitheater or athletic field.

(d) Unlawful outdoor illumination as defined by this section shall be deemed to be a "nuisance" under this chapter and to effect legal relief persons directly affected may sign a complaint in Municipal Court. (Ord. 94-60 § 1, 1994.)

OOPS....idiot. ROFL

Now call me some more names..you pillowbiter

Yea, you really told me......LMAO

Yahm I am just doing it to be a prick cause I have nothing better to do than piss off my neighbors.

****ing idiot.

You don't live here, I do. So therefore I don't give a fuck what you "think" about his light cause you don't know shit about what you are saying.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 08:36 PM
ROFL

Oh look Zach....now you and Saul can share your double-dong..:D

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 08:41 PM
OOOHHHH you really told me..especially all the different names you called me......

No city code?

OOPS....idiot. ROFL

Now call me some more names..you pillowbiter

Yea, you really told me......LMAO

I'm pretty sure that my post said that there was a code against it, smart guy. I guess you must have gotten a testosterone rush coursing through your hulking 5'6" frame that caused you to overlook that part.

What I said was that your saying that it violates code doesn't necessarily mean that it does violate code. The evidence available seems to indicate that it doesn't. From what I've gathered, the light has been up for months. How many citations has he received? I would say that there is a decent chance that this guy can keep his light up as long as he wants.

If it was such a nuisance, someone should have reported it before now. Time is on his side at this point, but that doesn't matter because HE DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED HIM TO DO!

I hope he turns it back on. Passive-aggressive assholes like you are much worse neighbors than this guy could ever be.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm not reading through the thread......you had your answer in the first post.

It would make for an easy target..

This is the light just at dusk...

petegz28
01-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that my post said that there was a code against it, smart guy. I guess you must have gotten a testosterone rush coursing through your hulking 5'6" frame that caused you to overlook that part.

What I said was that your saying that it violates code doesn't necessarily mean that it does violate code. The evidence available seems to indicate that it doesn't. From what I've gathered, the light has been up for months. How many citations has he received? I would say that there is a decent chance that this guy can keep his light up as long as he wants.

If it was such a nuisance, someone should have reported it before now. Time is on his side at this point, but that doesn't matter because HE DID EXACTLY WHAT YOU ASKED HIM TO DO!

I hope he turns it back on. Passive-aggressive assholes like you are much worse neighbors than this guy could ever be.

Well, it's just easy for you to sit there and say all your shit. So, we have heard what you "think". We know you are a bad ass. We know I am a whatever the list of names is you called me. And so I offer you a polite, GFY. :)

RJ
01-10-2009, 08:56 PM

That's it?

I was picturing some sort of spotlight.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 08:59 PM
That's it?

Trust me, when it is dark it is all the more brighter...and right at eye level. I gave Oz a link if you want to look at it at night. Though my powershot sort of darkens everything.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 09:02 PM

I take it all back. I didn't realize that it was almost as bright as a key-chain flashlight. What a joke.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:03 PM
That's it?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5373836&postcount=110

There is a link in the post of it at night. As I said, the camera darkens everything. But I do have pics of what it is like with just his proch light on should you be interested.

|Zach|
01-10-2009, 09:03 PM

Is the guys house the one with the red door? Or one of the houses that has their back to yours.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:05 PM
I take it all back. I didn't realize that it was almost as bright as a key-chain flashlight. What a joke.

Once again, you have no idea of what you are talking about guy, so please just STFU. Or keep talking like you know something, it makes me no difference.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Is the guys house the one with the red door? Or one of the houses that has their back to yours.

Yes, the red door is his house. The house with the big light in the front yard. And trust me, being serious as I can with you Zach, all bullshit aside, it is twice as bright as our streetlights ans personally I do not know how hos neighbords tolerate it.

All I know is when I sit down to dinner at my dining room table or on my deck it is like someone shining a bright flashlight right in your face.

RJ
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Trust me, when it is dark it is all the more brighter...and right at eye level. I gave Oz a link if you want to look at it at night. Though my powershot sort of darkens everything.

Do you belong to a neighborhood association?

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Do you belong to a neighborhood association?

If you want to call it that. I called the HA and they refuse to return my calls. My next door neighbor has had the same issues with the HA when he tried to report someone for I think having his boat in his driveway and blocking the sidewalk for like 6 months. They don't seem to want to enforce rules around here. We aren't supposed to have above ground pools, right? There are 5 of them in the edition. And one guy just took out two sections of his fence and I swear the 6th is going in.

I tried to be cool and byy a tree so this guy could have his light and me my serenity. Some think that is idiotic. I call it trying to be a good neighbor and make everyone happy.

|Zach|
01-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes, the red door is his house. The house with the big light in the front yard. And trust me, being serious as I can with you Zach, all bullshit aside, it is twice as bright as our streetlights ans personally I do not know how hos neighbords tolerate it.

All I know is when I sit down to dinner at my dining room table or on my deck it is like someone shining a bright flashlight right in your face.

It doesn't help that there is a one house buffer between you and the light. As far as citation\action is concerned. Unless they have had an issue.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:12 PM
It doesn't help that there is a one house buffer between you and the light. As far as citation\action is concerned. Unless they have had an issue.

Unfortunatly for me, I am the only house that has it hitting the windows. The other house it hits the backside of is on the opposite side of his dining room and bedroom. Though I know what you are saying. And most cities around here do not have an illumination law, so maybe they were too nice or whatever. I waited to see if they did complain. But when this guy cut his light so his x-mas lights would show and then cranked it back on, it sort of pushed the final nerve with me.

As far as the buffer goes..there isn't one between me and the light...as the pic shows you. That picture is from my deck. It is a straight shot between me and the light. All someone has to do is walk in my backyard at night with that thing on and they can see that it lights up the entire backside of me house. It belongs in a parking lot. If it were half the size and\or half as bright it would actually be pretty cool.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 09:15 PM

But can you see it is every bit as bright as the full moon

Let's round up a posse and kick his ass...or write him a letter. This can not stand.

The damned light is as bright as the full moon. I don't know how many of you have ever seen a full moon in Olathe, but let me tell you, if you aren't wearing sunblock you're in for the burn of your life.

I know I can't enjoy a few drinks on my deck on a night when the moon is out. It's like staring into the center of the sun.

We've got to make an example of this son of a bitch. Who does he think he is?

...wait...he did exactly what Petegz asked him? Well, he still shouldn't be dating white women. Let's burn a cross on his yard anyway.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Here is same house with same camera with same added darkness from said same camera..

The lights on the bottom one are his regular porch and one of his garage lights. Again, this camera does me no justice but at least you can see the difference in brightness

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 09:18 PM
As far as the buffer goes..there isn't one between me and the light...as the pic shows you. That picture is from my deck.

That must suck for you. The rest of the homeowners in Olathe are out enjoying their decks at night in January. Sorry, dude.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Let's round up a posse and kick his ass...or write him a letter. This can not stand.

The damned light is as bright as the full moon. I don't know how many of you have ever seen a full moon in Olathe, but let me tell you, if you aren't wearing sunblock you're in for the burn of your life.

I know I can't enjoy a few drinks on my deck on a night when the moon is out. It's like staring into the center of the sun.

We've got to make an example of this son of a bitch. Who does he think he is?

...wait...he did exactly what Petegz asked him? Well, he still shouldn't be dating white women. Let's burn a cross on his yard anyway.

I am glad to see I am not the only asshole in this thread.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:19 PM
That must suck for you. The rest of the homeowners in Olathe are out enjoying their decks at night in January. Sorry, dude.

Fuck off already.

|Zach|
01-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Unfortunatly for me, I am the only house that has it hitting the windows. The other house it hits the backside of is on the opposite side of his dining room and bedroom. Though I know what you are saying. And most cities around here do not have an illumination law, so maybe they were too nice or whatever. I waited to see if they did complain. But when this guy cut his light so his x-mas lights would show and then cranked it back on, it sort of pushed the final nerve with me.

As far as the buffer goes..there isn't one between me and the light...as the pic shows you. That picture is from my deck. It is a straight shot between me and the light. All someone has to do is walk in my backyard at night with that thing on and they can see that it lights up the entire backside of me house. It belongs in a parking lot. If it were half the size and\or half as bright it would actually be pretty cool.

What I am saying is... regardless of the straight line it has to your back yard? If it was as big of a nuisance as you seem to think it is...there is no way the people in front of you wouldn't feel the same way.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 09:24 PM
I just checked the thread you linked earlier. You've been bitching about this light for 5 months, and you finally built up the nerve to ask the guy to turn it off at night. You built up these scenarios in your mind about how it would go down. You referred to this type of "confrontation" as a death sentence. You started multiple threads on a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD about it. You contacted the city about it. You spent $500 on a tree. You wrote a letter.

Finally, after 5 months, you took a healthy pull from your Zima, puffed out your little chest, marched over to that big, scary, black man's house and asked him if he would turn off that light at night...and he said okay and has made good on his word.

This is what makes the internet great.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:25 PM
What I am saying is... regardless of the straight line it has to your back yard? If it was as big of a nuisance as you seem to think it is...there is no way the people in front of you wouldn't feel the same way.

Who says they don't? You are just assuming they aren't pissed but not saying anything. And frankly, what do I care about them? I paid to live here, I have a right to not be blinded by their BS light they put in. Can't help it if they never said anything. Then again for all we know they are thanking me under their breath.

Also the houses that face them have their dining room and decks and bedroom in the back where the light does not hit them.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I just checked the thread you linked earlier. You've been bitching about this light for 5 months, and you finally built up the nerve to ask the guy to turn it off at night. You built up these scenarios in your mind about how it would go down. You referred to this type of "confrontation" as a death sentence. You started multiple threads on a FOOTBALL MESSAGE BOARD about it. You contacted the city about it. You spent $500 on a tree. You wrote a letter.

Finally, after 5 months, you took a healthy pull from your Zima, puffed out your little chest, marched over to that big, scary, black man's house and asked him if he would turn off that light at night...and he said okay and has made good on his word.

This is what makes the internet great.

No dumb fuck, I never did send him a letter. I spent $500 as I said you ignorant ass, to try and block it so we could both have what we wanted. Fuck off dude, you don't live here, you have no clue of what you are talking about and you are just being a dick to be a dick.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 09:30 PM
No dumb ****, I never did send him a letter. I spent $500 as I said you ignorant ass, to try and block it so we could both have what we wanted. **** off dude, you don't live here, you have no clue of what you are talking about and you are just being a dick to be a dick.

I didn't say you sent a letter. I said you wrote a letter. The fact that you didn't send it makes it that much funnier. I would bet everything I own that you had the conversation with this guy in your mind a hundred times before you went over there, and you never said 99% of the things you planned to say because you made a mountain out of a molehill.

Some guys are just destined to go through life as beta males, I guess.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:33 PM
I didn't say you sent a letter. I said you wrote a letter. The fact that you didn't send it makes it that much funnier. I would bet everything I own that you had the conversation with this guy in your mind a hundred times before you went over there, and you never said 99% of the things you planned to say because you made a mountain out of a molehill.

Some guys are just destined to go through life as beta males, I guess.

Dude I hate to steal one of Zach's lines but...it is real easy to sit there and talk all your shit from behind your keyboard. But seriously, you can say whatever you want and tell us all about what an "alpha male" you think you are but all I want to know in all honesty is one thing and then you can go back to playing Arnie...

When are you going to start charging for all that dick you suck?

Now, please continue with telling us what a bad ass, alpha male you are. ROFL

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Dude I hate to steal one of Zach's lines but...it is real easy to sit there and talk all your shit from behind your keyboard. But seriously, you can say whatever you want and tell us all about what an "alpha make" you think you are but all I want to know in all honesty is one thing and then you can go back to playing Arnie...

When are you going to start charging for all that dick you suck?

Now, please continue with telling us what a bad ass, alpha male you are. ROFL

I'm such an alpha male that it doesn't take me 5 months of passive-aggressive behavior before I politely ask my neighbor to slightly modify their behavior if it's having a serious impact on my ability to enjoy my home.

It probably amazes you that some people can be that amazingly brave.

Some people have the guts to run into burning buildings in order to save strangers from harm. Some people have the stones to enlist in the military in order to protect their fellow countrymen from harm. Some people have the intestinal fortitude to knock on their neighbor's door and have a polite conversation without caterwauling about it for 5 months first.

Heroes come in all forms, I guess.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm such an alpha male that it doesn't take me 5 months of passive-aggressive behavior before I politely ask my neighbor to slightly modify their behavior if it's having a serious impact on my ability to enjoy my home.

It probably amazes you that some people can be that amazingly brave.

Some people have the guts to run into burning buildings in order to save strangers from harm. Some people have the stones to enlist in the military in order to protect their fellow countrymen from harm. Some people have the intestinal fortitude to knock on their neighbor's door and have a polite conversation without caterwauling about it for 5 months first.

Heroes come in all forms, I guess.

And some people go out of their way , i.e. buy a $500 tree, to try and keep everyone happy before they go and complain. But that obviously is being an idiot or whatever you said. I should of just gone and complained from the start and focus soley on my own comfort and wants, heh? Nice to see you are selfish on top of being a bad ass. LMAO

Thank you for telling us what a bad ass you are. I know I am impressed for one. :rolleyes:

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 09:47 PM
And some people go out of their way , i.e. buy a $500 tree, to try and keep everyone happy before they go and complain.

You didn't buy that tree to keep everyone happy, and you know it. You bought that tree because you didn't have the tiny little bit of courage that it takes to knock on a neighbor's door and ask them to turn off the light at night.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:49 PM
You didn't buy that tree to keep everyone happy, and you know it. You bought that tree because you didn't have the tiny little bit of courage that it takes to knock on a neighbor's door and ask them to turn off the light at night.

Whatever dude. Yeah, I just bought it to buy it. Why should I go ask him to turn his light off if there was a way for both of us to have what we want?

Again, thanks for showing what a selfish, bad ass, prick you are.

Some people try to think of others. You are obviously worried about no one but you.

If this is the extent of your contribution to the thread, I thank you very little and wish you a good evening. I am sure you have some iron to pump or some other alpha male thing to do.

RJ
01-10-2009, 09:51 PM
And some people go out of their way , i.e. buy a $500 tree, to try and keep everyone happy before they go and complain. But that obviously is being an idiot or whatever you said. I should of just gone and complained from the start and focus soley on my own comfort and wants, heh? Nice to see you are selfish on top of being a bad ass. LMAO

Thank you for telling us what a bad ass you are. I know I am impressed for one. :rolleyes:

Why didn't you just talk to the neighbors before you dropped $500 on a tree? I don't get that.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Why didn't you just talk to the neighbors before you dropped $500 on a tree? I don't get that.

Well as I said, if it cost me $500 to have the light blocked and he gets to keep his light then, ok fine. That is just how I am. I am not out for ruining everyone else's pleasure so I can have my own. He spent a lot of money on that thing I am sure and if there was a way around him having to turn it off I was willing to take that extra step. I did, it isn't working out so I finally had to ask him to turn it down or off. Now I have what i want and he doesn' thave what he wants. Did he bring it on himself? Yes. Does that make me feel better about it? Not really.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Some people try to think of others. You are obviously worried about no one but you.

Keep telling yourself that. Way to rationalize your shortcomings. If you were really interested in being cognizant of your neighbor's well-being, you wouldn't have gone to the city to have him cited.

You would have rather had him fined than have to deal with the situation directly. If you really bought that tree so that everyone could be happy, then what about your neighbors? If the light is really as overwhelming as you made it out to be, why didn't you drop $500 on trees for each of them, too?

You were too much of a chickenshit to do something that takes about as much courage as it takes to ask a stranger if they know what time it is, and that tree is going to serve as a monument to your cowardice.

Braincase
01-10-2009, 09:59 PM
The critical question all you m***** f*****s are failing to ask is pretty f*****g apparent to this m***** f*****.

Does your m***** f*****g neighbor look at all like this m***** f*****?

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:01 PM
Keep telling yourself that. Way to rationalize your shortcomings. If you were really interested in being cognizant of your neighbor's well-being, you wouldn't have gone to the city to have him cited.

You would have rather had him fined than have to deal with the situation directly. If you really bought that tree so that everyone could be happy, then what about your neighbors? If the light is really as overwhelming as you made it out to be, why didn't you drop $500 on trees for each of them, too?

You were too much of a chickenshit to do something that takes about as much courage as it takes to ask a stranger if they know what time it is, and that tree is going to serve as a monument to your cowardice.

Actually now, every time I look at that tree, I will remember what a selfish-prick Saul Good is and how I made an effort instead of just complaining cause I wasn't happy. Again, talk all the shit you want, tell us what a bad ass you are. You obviously have to take others down to build yourself off so have it, jack off.

But by all means, keep telling us how much of a man you are and what you think you know about everyone else, Arnold.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:03 PM
The critical question all you m***** f*****s are failing to ask is pretty f*****g apparent to this m***** f*****.

Does your m***** f*****g neighbor look at all like this m***** f*****?

My neighbor would whip Master Wundu's m*****fucking ass all over the m***** fucking placeass all over the place.

ROFL

That was a good one brain.....

RJ
01-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Well as I said, if it cost me $500 to have the light blocked and he gets to keep his light then, ok fine. That is just how I am. I am not out for ruining everyone else's pleasure so I can have my own. He spent a lot of money on that thing I am sure and if there was a way around him having to turn it off I was willing to take that extra step. I did, it isn't working out so I finally had to ask him to turn it down or off. Now I have what i want and he doesn' thave what he wants. Did he bring it on himself? Yes. Does that make me feel better about it? Not really.

I have a dog that barks sometimes. When he does I bring him in right away. I used to let him out every night about 9:15 and invariably he would bark at something. One weekend my neighbor knocked on my door. He explained to me that he went to bed at 9:00 on weeknights as he left for work at 6AM and hearing the dog bark at 9:15 was bothering him.

The neighbor was very apologetic for having to bring it up. I told him that I much preferred being told of the problem rather than having a neighbor upset with me over a small issue.

That was two years ago. I still don't let the dog out after 8:30. And it's really not a big deal.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 10:06 PM
I have a dog that barks sometimes. When he does I bring him in right away. I used to let him out every night about 9:15 and invariably he would bark at something. One weekend my neighbor knocked on my door. He explained to me that he went to bed at 9:00 on weeknights as he left for work at 6AM and hearing the dog bark at 9:15 was bothering him.

The neighbor was very apologetic for having to bring it up. I told him that I much preferred being told of the problem rather than having a neighbor upset with me over a small issue.

That was two years ago. I still don't let the dog out after 8:30. And it's really not a big deal.

That neighbor of yours must be some sort of badass.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:09 PM

And I told him I tried to do what I could to block the light before coming over and complaining. Which is probably why he has done what he has done. I asked him to keep it off until 10:00 or get a dimmer bulb, after I made an effort that would of maybe allowed me to not have to complain to him at all.

To each their own. I really would of rather my tree actually worked then he could keep his light the way he wants it.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:09 PM

Not as much of a bad ass as you are, obviously. :rolleyes:

Braincase
01-10-2009, 10:10 PM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=84584&stc=1&d=1231646335

He knows how to shut a bitch up.

|Zach|
01-10-2009, 10:10 PM

How tall was this guy.

This is VERY important information you left out.

And how tall are you.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 10:14 PM
Actually now, every time I look at that tree, I will remember what a selfish-prick Saul Good is and how I made an effort instead of just complaining cause I wasn't happy. Again, talk all the shit you want, tell us what a bad ass you are. You obviously have to take others down to build yourself off so have it, jack off.

But by all means, keep telling us how much of a man you are and what you think you know about everyone else, Arnold.

I'm not calling myself a badass, but your effeminate whining does make me look like one in comparison.

I find it interesting that you didn't buy trees for your entire neighborhood, though. If you really wanted to be such a swell guy and find a winning solution for everyone involved, you should have bought them trees too. I mean, that tree might have solved your problem, but the rest of your neighborhood was left to suffer under a light that burns with the intensity of an Olathe moon.

You're the guy that tried to have him cited without warning him first. That's a dick move.

You're the guy who's still calling him an asshole after he immediately agreed to your request.

You're the guy who started two threads about it and got all pissy when other posters pointed out the simple fact that you should have had the sack to go talk to the guy.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 10:16 PM
How tall was this guy.

And how tall are you.
That guy must be over 5'6. He was taking his life into his own hands.

RJ
01-10-2009, 10:17 PM
How tall was this guy.

And how tall are you.

We're both about 6', but since he came to my door he had the element of surprise. Like a fucking ninja neighbor.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm not calling myself a badass, but your effeminate whining does make me look like one in comparison.

I find it interesting that you didn't buy trees for your entire neighborhood, though. If you really wanted to be such a swell guy and find a winning solution for everyone involved. I mean, that tree might have solved your problem, but the rest of your neighborhood to suffer under a light that burns with the intensity of an Olathe moon.

You're the guy that tried to have him cited without warning him first. That's a dick move.

You're the guy who's still calling him an asshole after he immediately agreed to your request.

You're the guy who started two threads about it and got all pissy when other posters pointed out the simple fact that you should have had the sack to go talk to the guy.

ROFL ok Arnold.....sure you aren't. You have had post after post telling me what a pussy I am, using terms as "beta male" and such.

You are insecure and obviously feel you need to prove what a bad ass you are on an message board. ;)

And I said it was a dick move to have him cited via the city. Sorry if Mr. Tough Guy missed that cause you were too worried about letting me know what a pussy I am and what a bad ass you are.

So keep up your sarcastic bullshit. The obvious fact is you are a selfish-prick that feels he needs to tear others down to make himself feel "manly".

Try getting a woman Tough Guy.....you might realize then what it is to be a man. I have actually been in situtations that would of had you in a corner crying I'll bet. But hey..you are the ARnold wanna-be and feel the need in every post to prove your manliness. LMAO

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 10:23 PM
We're both about 6', but since he came to my door he had the element of surprise. Like a ****ing ninja neighbor.

That really wasn't very neighborly of him. He should have spent $500 to soundproof his house first.

If he really wanted to be a good neighbor, he should have just tried to have the city fine you.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Try getting a woman Tough Guy.....you might realize then what it is to be a man. I have actually been in situtations that would of had you in a corner crying, I am sure. But hey..you are the ARnold wanna-be and feel the need in every post to prove your manliness. LMAO

I'm married, fag.

I'm sure you've been in plenty of terrible situations

Locked in lockers
Held upside down with your head in the toilet while it's flushed
Can't get on the adult rides at amusement parks

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:27 PM
That really wasn't very neighborly of him. He should have spent $500 to soundproof his house first.

If he really wanted to be a good neighbor, he should have just tried to have the city fine you.

Why do I get the feeling you were the guy in highschool that bragged about beating up the retarded kids? :shrug:

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm married, pillowbiter.

I'm sure you've been in plenty of terrible situations

Locked in lockers
Held upside down with your head in the toilet while it's flushed
Can't get on the adult rides at amusement parks

ROFL indeed you were the guy who bragged about beating up the retarded kids at school.

Pretty fucking sad, guy. Pretty sad.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Why do I get the feeling you were the guy in highschool that bragged about beating up the retarded kids? :shrug:

Not every human interaction involves violence. What have you endured in your life that you cower in fear of the most mundane situations?

If you haven't noticed, I'm defending the guy who isn't here to defend himself and give his side of the story. I'm the guy who would have protected you in highschool.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Not every human interaction involves violence. What have you endured in your life that you cower in fear of the most mundane situations?

If you haven't noticed, I'm defending the guy who isn't here to defend himself and give his side of the story. I'm the guy who would have protected you in highschool.

If I even half-thought you were even close to sincere in this post I might humor you. You are defending a situation you know little about and trying to prove how tough you are in the process.

You are the guy who found the smallest, weakest kid and picked on him to make yourself feel tough. Little late for "I was the good guy" role.

What is to defend? He put up a light that breaks the law, I turned the other cheek and forked over $500 to avoid having to have him take it down or whatever and then decided to go to the city in efforts admittedly to sort of be a dick. And I still say a dick move on his part was deserving of such. But when it got to the point that it would involve police and such I didn't do it. You just wanted to sit here and take shots at me so you can show us all what a manly-man you are.

And I have found in my experience, guys that do that are usually the biggest pussy around. And usually the guy who everyone says is the real pussy (not pointing to myself) is the one who is more man than most if not all of us.

It doesn't take a man to talk tough, espeically on a message board. And it is always real easy to tell someone else what to do when you are in no way involved.

Now go pump your iron or Zach or whatever manly thing it is you do.

RJ
01-10-2009, 10:38 PM
When we first moved in, the neighbor directly behind us had a fountain that sprayed the block wall between our properties. One day a man who worked for the builder was at our house and mentioned that this persistent water would harm the blocks. Since I was at work my wife decided to walk around the corner and knock on their door and tell them about it.

Amazingly, my 5' tall wife, with no defense other than our then 2 y/o daughter, was able to convince the tall black man - a firefighter it turns out, and heckuva nice guy - to move his fountain.

We're crazy like that.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 10:40 PM
When we first moved in, the neighbor directly behind us had a fountain that sprayed the block wall between our properties. One day a man who worked for the builder was at our house and mentioned that this persistent water would harm the blocks. Since I was at work my wife decided to walk around the corner and knock on their door and tell them about it.

Amazingly, my 5' tall wife, with no defense other than our then 2 y/o daughter, was able to convince the tall black man - a firefighter it turns out, and heckuva nice guy - to move his fountain.

We're crazy like that.

Oh JFC, you guys are taking some comments I made in jest and sarcasm just a little bit far.

Good night.

RJ
01-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Good night, pete.

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 11:01 PM
If I even half-thought you were even close to sincere in this post I might humor you. You are defending a situation you know little about and trying to prove how tough you are in the process.

You are the guy who found the smallest, weakest kid and picked on him to make yourself feel tough. Little late for "I was the good guy" role.

What is to defend? He put up a light that breaks the law, I turned the other cheek and forked over $500 to avoid having to have him take it down or whatever and then decided to go to the city in efforts admittedly to sort of be a dick. And I still say a dick move on his part was deserving of such. But when it got to the point that it would involve police and such I didn't do it. You just wanted to sit here and take shots at me so you can show us all what a manly-man you are.

And I have found in my experience, guys that do that are usually the biggest pussy around. And usually the guy who everyone says is the real pussy (not pointing to myself) is the one who is more man than most if not all of us.

It doesn't take a man to talk tough, espeically on a message board. And it is always real easy to tell someone else what to do when you are in no way involved.

Now go pump your iron or Zach or whatever manly thing it is you do.

This isn't about me at all, and I'm not the one trying to make it about me. You're trying to deflect it towards me because you were in the wrong.

You are a coward, and that is fine. Cowardice, in and of itself, doesn't really have much impact on others.

The problem is that you are also passive-aggressive. You are the type of person who makes life more difficult for the achievers of the world. The little temper-tantrums that you, and people like you, throw cause messes that the rest of us have to clean up.

This guy put a light in his yard that may or may not be brighter than the city allows. I am betting that it's not based on the fact that nobody complained in 5 months, and that the city has not cited him.

In your mind, you built this up into something that it wasn't. You made him out to be some inconsiderate prick who couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone but himself. You tried to have him cited by the city, but you stopped because you didn't have the balls to sign the complaint. You discussed destroying his property by shooting out the light. You even wasted $500 planting a stupid tree to block the light.

You did just about everything short of acting like a normal human being and asking him to turn it off at night.

As soon as this guy realized that his light was bothering someone else, he agreed to turn it off. You still rail on this guy and call him an asshole. If this guy had put up something truly over the top, that would be one thing. I've seen the pictures, though. It's borderline at worst. I'll take your word for it that it was a nuisance, but it's not like this guy is some crazy motherf*cker for putting that thing up in a civilized society.

It's crap like this that ties up the courts and wastes the public's money. You're the type of guy who would sue Burger King because you got a regular Coke instead of a Diet Coke.

You are the smallest, weakest kid. There's no doubt about that. I'm not picking on you, though. I'm holding a mirror up in front of you because you are sorely lacking self-awareness.

I'm the kind of guy who would stick up for the weakling when he was getting his ass kicked, but I'd let him know that these things happen when you remind the teacher that she forgot to assign homework. Maybe the dork doesn't deserve everything he gets, but there's usually an element of bringing it upon himself.

If that guy would have told you to go F yourself, I would completely defend you, but he didn't. He immediately turned it off at night. Give him a break and get a life.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 11:09 PM
This isn't about me at all, and I'm not the one trying to make it about me. You're trying to deflect it towards me because you were in the wrong.

You are a coward, and that is fine. Cowardice, in and of itself, doesn't really have much impact on others.

The problem is that you are also passive-aggressive. You are the type of person who makes life more difficult for the achievers of the world. The little temper-tantrums that you, and people like you, throw cause messes that the rest of us have to clean up.

This guy put a light in his yard that may or may not be brighter than the city allows. I am betting that it's not based on the fact that nobody complained in 5 months, and that the city has not cited him.

In your mind, you built this up into something that it wasn't. You made him out to be some inconsiderate prick who couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone but himself. You tried to have him cited by the city, but you stopped because you didn't have the balls to sign the complaint. You discussed destroying his property by shooting out the light. You even wasted $500 planting a stupid tree to block the light.

You did just about everything short of acting like a normal human being and asking him to turn it off at night.

As soon as this guy realized that his light was bothering someone else, he agreed to turn it off. You still rail on this guy and call him an asshole. If this guy had put up something truly over the top, that would be one thing. I've seen the pictures, though. It's borderline at worst. I'll take your word for it that it was a nuisance, but it's not like this guy is some crazy motherf*cker for putting that thing up in a civilized society.

It's crap like this that ties up the courts and wastes the public's money. You're the type of guy who would sue Burger King because you got a regular Coke instead of a Diet Coke.

You are the smallest, weakest kid. There's no doubt about that. I'm not picking on you, though. I'm holding a mirror up in front of you because you are sorely lacking self-awareness.

I'm the kind of guy who would stick up for the weakling when he was getting his ass kicked, but I'd let him know that these things happen when you remind the teacher that she forgot to assign homework. Maybe the dork doesn't deserve everything he gets, but there's usually an element of bringing it upon himself.

If that guy would have told you to go F yourself, I would completely defend you, but he didn't. He immediately turned it off at night. Give him a break and get a life.

ROFL Ok tough guy...if you say so

That was a pretty impressive temper tantrum you just threw yourself...

Keep telling us how much of a cool and tough guy you are......I know I am impressed

Mr. Flopnuts
01-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Hope you've all enjoyed your evening.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Hope you've all enjoyed your evening.

I think Saul is feeling guilty about taking it up the ass from someone so he decided to use me to show how much of a man he really is to deal with his own personal guilt.

Glad I could help. :D

Saul Good
01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
I think Saul is feeling guilty about taking it up the ass from someone so he decided to use me to show how much of a man he really is to deal with his own personal guilt.

Way to make it about me again.

You started the thread, Braveheart. Have fun living out the rest of your cowardly little life, always plotting behind the scenes against those who have wronged you. You'll show them. They'll be sorry...someday.

Shouldn't you be somewhere shooting up a school?

|Zach|
01-10-2009, 11:26 PM

Creepy post.

You are a strange guy.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Way to make it about me again.

You started the thread, Braveheart. Have fun living out the rest of your cowardly little life, always plotting behind the scenes against those who have wronged you. You'll show them. They'll be sorry...someday.

Shouldn't you be somewhere shooting up a school?

ROFL you crack me up, I will say that. I admitted even in my OP I am a dick. But you my friend, you have some severe insecurity issues. Now isn't it time you put on your cape and go defend the defenseless there, Superman?

Thig Lyfe
01-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Stab him to death with a giant icicle and melt the evidence.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Creepy post.

You are a strange guy.

Touche, I should of worded that a little better, I must admit. :D

Mojo Rising
01-10-2009, 11:29 PM
This happened to me a couple of years ago. The house next to me sold and a new neighbor moved in. He noticed an empty socket on his deck and put a bulb in it. Little did he know that the prior owner took the bulb out because it was faced at my bedroom.

When they turned it on for the 1st time I went next door and alerted them that it was not acceptable. They turned the light off. A couple weeks later they turned the switch on again which caused me to again go next door to let them know about the problem.

They again turned the light off and removed the bulb that faced my bedroom. They still switch their deck lights on and I haven't been there since because the lights dont face my window.

My guess is that you should have gone over and told them of the problem before contacting the authorities. They might not have known it bothered you and then when you didn't go over and tell them then they felt re-assured it was OK.

petegz28
01-10-2009, 11:32 PM
This happened to me a couple of years ago. The house next to me sold and a new neighbor moved in. He noticed an empty socket on his deck and put a bulb in it. Little did he know that the prior owner took the bulb out because it was faced at my bedroom.

When they turned it on for the 1st time I went next door and alerted them that it was not acceptable. They turned the light off. A couple weeks later they turned the switch on again which caused me to again go next door to let them know about the problem.

They again turned the light off and removed the bulb that faced my bedroom. They still switch their deck lights on and I haven't been there since because the lights dont face my window.

My guess is that you should have gone over and told them of the problem before contacting the authorities. They might not have known it bothered you and then when you didn't go over and tell them then they felt re-assured it was OK.

For the record, the guy was never once contacted by the city or police. No one has talked to him that I know of, other than myself. Although I have a feeling the people across the street from him are probably thanking me. Either way the light is off. And really I feel bad cause I just asked him to keep it off until 10:00.

patteeu
01-11-2009, 10:48 AM

We're crazy like that.

We all know why your wife approached that black man, and it wasn't because your wall was wet.

patteeu
01-11-2009, 11:15 AM
This thread made me realize that I've got a super-nova-bright constellation of 5 lights in my front yard. I think I've got either 75 watt or 100 watt bulbs in each of them. It really lights up the place well. I wonder how many of my neighbors are living lives of secret agony.

Iowanian
01-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Some of you could just invest in a shade or curtain and stop being douchebags to your neighbors.

I've got a douchebag for a neighbor, but at least I let him proove it before getting mad.

I'll really get even with his ass this spring after I finish landscaping after the remodel that irritates him so much. I'll probably even string some solar powered lighting around that will make him think he's looking into an arc welder without a mask.

Thanks for the idea.

Saul Good
01-11-2009, 01:02 PM
I have a feeling the people across the street from him are probably thanking me.

So you're a hero in your own mind. Kudos.

They are probably trying to work up the courage to knock on your door and say thanks. Don't take it personally if they just send you a letter, though.

Sully
01-11-2009, 02:34 PM
I agree with Pete, here. As a matter of fact, I've got a lawsuit pending against God himself for putting that damn sun up... Screwing up my deck time. The selfish prick even made it so that it reflects off the moon at night, meaning I can rarely get away from it!

wutamess
01-11-2009, 09:23 PM
Why do I have this image:

Petegz28:
http://mymoviebanners.com/pics/napoleon/napoleon-dynamite-5.jpg

against...

Big black neighbor:
http://blogs.bet.com/news/playahater/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/kimbo_slice.jpg

petegz28
02-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Ok, so after talking with the guy the light was shut off. Until tonight....now it is back on in all its brightness. So, now that I have tried the friendly neighbor request route....what would you do? Go back over? Call the city? Ignore and deal? Personally knowing that it has to involve the Police I am reluctant to do anything. But nonetheless I am curious to hear what others think?

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Turning the light back on is his sexual Bat-light.

Does anyone in your house smell like your neighbor?

The police will tell you you're being a dbag.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Ok, so after talking with the guy the light was shut off. Until tonight....now it is back on in all its brightness. So, now that I have tried the friendly neighbor request route....what would you do? Go back over? Call the city? Ignore and deal? Personally knowing that it has to involve the Police I am reluctant to do anything. But nonetheless I am curious to hear what others think?

Chill out and see what he does tomorrow.

petegz28
02-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Turning the light back on is his sexual Bat-light.

Does anyone in your house smell like your neighbor?

The police will tell you you're being a dbag.

Probably. Of course they don't have to live with it. It's just fucking irritating as all hell.

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 08:09 PM
Don't look over there? Pull the curtain/shades down?

You're lucky you don't have a neighbor with legitimate reasons to be pissed about.

Frazod
02-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Pellet gun.

Bump.

petegz28
02-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Don't look over there? Pull the curtain/shades down?

You're lucky you don't have a neighbor with legitimate reasons to be pissed about.

Probably. Just pisses me off I have to pull the shades to enjoy a meal at my dining room table.

Iowanian
02-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Sit in a chair facing away from the window....

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2009, 08:28 PM

Really? You are civilwanian.

petegz28
02-13-2009, 08:32 PM

Why? Then all I get to do is see it lighting up my front door.

The_Doctor10
02-14-2009, 04:48 AM

1. I do not know them

be a man, talk to them. Any confrontation that arises is gonna be far less serious than the one that will arise after you haul his ass into court over a LIGHT!

Rausch
02-14-2009, 04:52 AM
Why? Then all I get to do is see it lighting up my front door.

Teenagers are such angry vandals.

They take their BB guns and shoot out car windows, street lights, and bay windows.

They do around here anyway...:evil:

Rausch
02-14-2009, 04:54 AM

Domesti-cated-wanian...

beach tribe
02-14-2009, 05:01 AM
"12 pigs can go though a 200lb man in about 8 min."

"Of course you gotta pull the teeth, and shave their heads on account of the piggy's digestion."

"You could do it later, but you don't want to go sifting through pig shit, now do ya?"

Mecca
02-14-2009, 05:02 AM
Did you know if you sprayed their light with a water hose it would make it blow out?

beach tribe
02-14-2009, 05:11 AM
Then pete would get his ass kicked by his neighbor.

Mecca
02-14-2009, 05:12 AM
Are you calling Pete a wussy?

Iowanian
02-14-2009, 09:50 AM

More like "knowwhentopickyourfightowanian"

Then again, when I have a problem with someone, I walk over and talk to them.

I've got a neighbor who is a true cocksucker in every sense of the word that I'd trade for a light bulb problem in a second.

When its time for jihad....I'm about a step under Bwana under people you don't want to have pissed off.

RJ
02-14-2009, 11:03 AM
Sometimes I wonder whether pete is real, or if he's another internet performance artist who's been pulling our legs all this time.

Comanche
02-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Ok, here's the deal. The City's response that you mentioned doesn't sound right. Which city are we talking about (cities have different applicable codes)? The part about sending it to PD doesn't sound right. Most communities have a codes enforcement officer that can write citiations. . .it typically does not require action by PD. A codes citiation should not require a formal written complaint from you, just notification to codes enforcement about the problem. If codes enforcement fails to respond to resolve the problem, call someone "higher up" with the City. Call the City Manager's Office, for example. The CM's office gets real nervous when complaints are made about departments failing to respond.

Ok, as some of you have heard me complain before, the neighbors who live behind me\across the street installed a 10ft lamppost in their front yard. It is excessively bright. I by that I mean it outshines the streetlights easily. The ligh illuminates the entire backside of my house meaning it shines right through my dining room window and bedroom window. I cannot sit on my deck when it is on as it is like having a light shined righ tin your face.

So, what I have done so far....I tolerated it and paid $500 to put in a tree to help block it. That does a meh job. So I thought oh well until....CHRISTMAS TIME! What is so special about CHRISTMAS TIME and the Lamp? I will tell you....

So I finally looked up the code and found an "Unlawul Illumination" code that states basically your light cannot shine across your property line to the point it is a nuisance. So I filed a complaint with the city.

Updated: Talked to him, asked him to either wait until 10:00 to turn it on or get a dimmer bulb.....light was off last night so he is being cool though I could tell by his town he wasn't happy about the purpose of my visit

Portlantis
02-14-2009, 12:42 PM

See what he does tonight. There's a good chance he just forgot to shut it off. I doubt there was any sort of malicious intent.

bevis369
02-14-2009, 01:33 PM
No home owners association?
Put in a bigger brighter light...

:PPL::popcorn:

nstygma
02-14-2009, 11:38 PM
just buy him a timer