PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Quinn Gray could be our QB next year and that

Red Dawg
01-10-2009, 08:11 AM
could be a good thing. He's not the future but he's seasoned and could fill in if we don't get Stafford. I would trust him more than Thiggy.

kstater
01-10-2009, 08:30 AM
You're starting to compete with KCJ.

the Talking Can
01-10-2009, 08:32 AM
you should shoot your penis' face off

Brock
01-10-2009, 08:41 AM
That's brutal.

Ultra Peanut
01-10-2009, 08:43 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8qjdUXBexA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y8qjdUXBexA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

patteeu
01-10-2009, 08:47 AM
What's he ever done to even give you that minimal level of confidence?

FringeNC
01-10-2009, 09:12 AM
I'll be shocked if Quinn Gray is even on the roster.

BigVE
01-10-2009, 09:20 AM

Yep.

Adept Havelock
01-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Quinn the Eskimo > Quinn Gray.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OX-5FByUZCo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OX-5FByUZCo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

suds79
01-10-2009, 09:40 AM
If Gray or Thigpen are our starters 2 years from now, we'll be in a lot of trouble.

I don't like either option.

Better get a good one in the daft.

chiefsngop
01-10-2009, 11:51 AM
There's a better chance of Elvis Grbac starting for us next year....

Frankie
01-10-2009, 01:02 PM
Meh, why not? who's to say that under a good QB coach QG won't be just as effective as Thiggy? Especially if there's a new couch who de-emphasizes the spread.

DeezNutz
01-10-2009, 01:05 PM
We'll be running a different offensive set, for sure, so I'm not sure how well Thigpen will play in a more conventional pro-style offense.

If I were forced to bet now, I'd saying KC's starting QB for week #1 is probably on a college campus.

chiefsngop
01-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Meh, why not? who's to say that under a good QB coach QG won't be just as effective as Thiggy? Especially if there's a new couch who de-emphasizes the spread.

Because I don't want a QB who's "just as effective as Thiggy" , I want a QB who is far far superior to Thiggy.

I want this team to win a Super Bowl in 2 or 3 seasons.

I want this team to have a franchise QB to take us there, not Tyler Thigpen or Quinn Blah.

What are you striving for in hoping Quinn is "just as effective as Thiggy", mediocre football ?

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Because I don't want a QB who's "just as effective as Thiggy" , I want a QB who is far far superior to Thiggy.

I want this team to win a Super Bowl in 2 or 3 seasons.

I want this team to have a franchise QB to take us there, not Tyler Thigpen or Quinn Blah.

What are you striving for in hoping Quinn is "just as effective as Thiggy", mediocre football ?

Same reason these guys are saying that any GM will be better than Carl.

Well, yeah, no shit sherlock.

That doesn't mean I don't want the best options for this franchise, not just what will be better than what we had.

Using that rationale, we should hire Terry Bradway to be GM, Bruce Coslet to be HC and sign Kyle Boller to be the QBOTF.

whoman69
01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
I always thought he did a good job as a fill in. That usually doesn't transfer to long term.

Thig Lyfe
01-10-2009, 01:20 PM
That's dumb. Thiggy is THE FUTURE.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2009, 01:21 PM
I think Gray stays on this roster, but no way does he even remotely compete for the starting job in 2009. You always need a veteran backup on your roster and Gray is actually okay for that role. I would be absolutely stunned if Thigpen wasn't on this roster. The only guy that will see his walking papers, likely, is Huard.

DeezNutz
01-10-2009, 01:21 PM
The only real question to me is whether Gray, or anyone else for that matter, would be a better place holder than Thigpen. If Gray allows the staff to structure the offense around the newly-drafted franchise QB, yet takes the pressure off of starting him from day one, fine.

FringeNC
01-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Wow. There is simply no comparison between Thigpen and Gray. Gray is waiver wire fodder. Thigpen has clearly demonstrated that he is AT LEAST a good #2 quarterback. I can't believe we have a thread on Quinn fucking Gray.

We have some real questions to answer at QB. What to do with Quinn fucking Gray is NOT one of them.

chiefsngop
01-10-2009, 01:24 PM
I think Gray stays on this roster, but no way does he even remotely compete for the starting job in 2009. You always need a veteran backup on your roster and Gray is actually okay for that role. I would be absolutely stunned if Thigpen wasn't on this roster. The only guy that will see his walking papers, likely, is Huard.

I bet Thiggy will be on the roster as our #2 QB next season, and that's a good move IMO, he's proven he can be a qaulity back up.

Red Dawg
01-10-2009, 01:26 PM

Not wise to throw out a Vet QB. He could at least be the back up.

chiefsngop
01-10-2009, 01:28 PM
That's dumb. Thiggy is THE FUTURE.

Nope.

Teams that make it to the Super Bowl without a top 3 in the league unbelievably dominant defense, have QBs that are much much better than Tyler Thigpen.

I don't hate the guy, he's alot better than I thought he would be, I was cheerin like crazy for him, but he's a #2 QB plain & simple.

blueballs
01-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Has the NML taken over the NFL
they've dropped the pigskin
and opted for a medicine ball

DeezNutz
01-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Wow. There is simply no comparison between Thigpen and Gray. Gray is waiver wire fodder. Thigpen has clearly demonstrated that he is AT LEAST a good #2 quarterback. I can't believe we have a thread on Quinn ****ing Gray.

We have some real questions to answer at QB. What to do with Quinn ****ing Gray is NOT one of them.

You're confident Thigpen will be equally capable when the pistol is holstered?

FringeNC
01-10-2009, 01:37 PM

Good enough to be a top half of the league NFL starter? I don't know, but I don't put that probability at anywhere near zero. Good enough to be a solid #2? Hell yes.

DeezNutz
01-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Good enough to be a top half of the league NFL starter? I don't know, but I don't put that probability at anywhere near zero. Good enough to be a solid #2? Hell yes.

I have zero confidence that his skill set will translate to a traditional, pro-style offense. Zero. His footwork and accuracy would both have to improve greatly.

If the system isn't designed FOR HIM, I think Thigpen would quickly return to his Atlanta game form.

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2009, 01:46 PM
I have zero confidence that his skill set will translate to a traditional, pro-style offense. Zero. His footwork and accuracy would both have to improve greatly.

If the system isn't designed FOR HIM, I think Thigpen would quickly return to his Atlanta game form.

We didn't run the spread in the preseason, and the one game he got an entire half, (Arizona) he looked decent.

Based on that alone, he CAN do it, but I agree, he's going to need some solid coaching.

With the right coaching, I have no doubts he could be a #2 in a pro style offense.

The Bad Guy
01-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Frankie,

Is Tuckdaddy your child?

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2009, 01:48 PM

Are you confident he won't be?

I don't know how he'd do in a pro style offense. But what I do know is that his development was always second priority to developing Croyle, so he's never had a full chance to get a full chance to develop and learn the game.

I don't know the answer. But I think he deserves a full offseason to work with receivers, work on his footwork, and hopefully work with a legitimate QB coach to develop. And hopefully, by then, he'll hav ea full playbook to work with--keep in mind taht Gailey came up with this offense from scratch, so there was a thin playbook to work with.

kstater
01-10-2009, 01:49 PM

I don't know how he'd do in a pro style offense. But what I do know is that his development was always second priority to developing Croyle, so he's never had a full chance to get a full chance to develop and learn the game.

I don't know the answer. But I think he deserves a full offseason to work with receivers, work on his footwork, and hopefully work with a legitimate QB coach to develop. And hopefully, by then, he'll hav ea full playbook to work with--keep in mind taht Gailey came up with this offense from scratch, so there was a thin playbook to work with.

He didn't have a full playbook to work from last offseason?

DeezNutz
01-10-2009, 01:50 PM
We didn't run the spread in the PreSeason, and the one game he got an entire half, (Arizona) he looked decent.

Based on that alone, he CAN do it, but I agree, he's going to need some solid coaching.

With the right coaching, I have no doubts he could be a #2 in a pro style offense.

His athleticism suggests that he should be easily coachable, but when I say zero confidence, I mean I wouldn't bet a nickle on it, not that it's not possible.

This would be the ideal situation for the Chiefs. Young franchise QB, and equally young, capable back-up. Position set for the next ten years.

Given the bullshit offense we were running, however, and the fact that Thigpen came from a very small school and was a late-round selection, I can see him having to continue to work harder than normal to prove to a new staff that he could be successful.

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2009, 01:51 PM

What do you think?

They installed a completely new offense in the middle of the season.

Offenses are usually installed during mini-camps, and some guys STILL struggle with grasping it come the regular season. (guys lining up wrong, running wrong routes, etc.)

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2009, 01:51 PM

The offense he learned in the offseason was not the offense he used for most of the season, nor was it the offense Gailey prepared in the offseason. So the playbook they used was probably extremely thin and flimsy.

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2009, 01:52 PM
His athleticism suggests that he should be easily coachable, but when I say zero confidence, I mean I wouldn't bet a nickle on it, not that it's not possible.

This would be the ideal situation for the Chiefs. Young franchise QB, and equally young, capable back-up. Position set for the next ten years.

Given the bullshit offense we were running, however, and the fact that Thigpen came from a very small school and was a late-round selection, I can see him having to continue to work harder than normal to prove to a new staff that he could be successful.

I agree.

DeezNutz
01-10-2009, 01:52 PM

Is anyone suggesting that we cut Thigpen? Of course he should get lots of work in the off-season.

kstater
01-10-2009, 01:53 PM
What do you think?

They installed a completely new offense in the middle of the season.

Offenses are usually installed during mini-camps, and some guys STILL struggle with grasping it come the regular season. (guys lining up wrong, running wrong routes, etc.)

And why exactly did they install the new offense once Thigpen took over?

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2009, 01:55 PM

I know this is really crazy, but it's something I thought about when people keep talking about Tim Tebow.

I'm amazed that coaches don't run 2 QB sets as a gimmick, when you have a young, athletic QB like Thigpen. Would be an interesting wrinkle to an offense to have two guys on the field who can effectively pass the ball. That would obviously be a gimmick play, but would be interesting nonetheless.

I think Thigpen has a lot to prove to show that he's starting QB material, but from everything I've seen, the kid has a real good work ethic to continue to improve. We need to bring in insurance, but I still think there's a shot he could develop into something special. While a lot have knocked him in his decision-making, I think he's further along than many QBs at his experience level were.

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2009, 01:55 PM

Do you know of a single QB that could have run out of a pro style offense given how bad our offensive line was?

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2009, 01:56 PM

To try to win games?

To help a ridiculously inefficient OL?

To play to the strengths of the skill players?

Sorry, but this "they changed the offense for Thigpen only" BS doesn't wash.

Like I pointed out earlier, he performed well in the one PS game he got more than a handful of snaps in - while playing in our original, pro-style offense.

FringeNC
01-10-2009, 01:57 PM
It seems to me that with Thigpen in there, it'd be stupid not to spread the field with multiple receivers and take advantage of his mobility. There are a number of ways to do this. It does not have to be the pistol.

DeezNutz
01-10-2009, 01:58 PM
I know this is really crazy, but it's something I thought about when people keep talking about Tim Tebow.

I'm amazed that coaches don't run 2 QB sets as a gimmick, when you have a young, athletic QB like Thigpen. Would be an interesting wrinkle to an offense to have two guys on the field who can effectively pass the ball. That would obviously be a gimmick play, but would be interesting nonetheless.

I think Thigpen has a lot to prove to show that he's starting QB material, but from everything I've seen, the kid has a real good work ethic to continue to improve. We need to bring in insurance, but I still think there's a shot he could develop into something special. While a lot have knocked him in his decision-making, I think he's further along than many QBs at his experience level were.

We're going to diverge at the point where you say that we should bring in insurance. This is giving Thigpen way, way too much credit, unless by insurance you mean drafting a player along the lines of Sanchez or Stafford.

And let the competition begin...

FringeNC
01-10-2009, 01:59 PM

Because Thigpen had the mobility to evade the pass rush. Instead of keeping in extra defenders, we sent out multiple receivers and made the defense, um, actually play defense instead of sticking nine guys in the box.

KCrockaholic
01-10-2009, 02:01 PM

Gray is about 30. Atleast Thigpen has a future.

kstater
01-10-2009, 02:04 PM
To try to win games?

Like I pointed out earlier, he performed well in the one PS game he got more than a handful of snaps in - while playing in our original, pro-style offense.

Then how come they didn't switch to it earlier? Why wait unitl Thigpen comes in? I'm sorry, but all signs point to switching because of Thigpen.

KCrockaholic
01-10-2009, 02:04 PM
To try to win games?

Thigpen always shined in pre-season when all our other qb's sucked the entire game. He was the only one that could give our offense a jolt.

Brock
01-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Then how come they didn't switch to it earlier? Why wait unitl Thigpen comes in? I'm sorry, but all signs point to switching because of Thigpen.

Because neither Croyle nor Huard could have run it?

OnTheWarpath15
01-10-2009, 02:12 PM

1-5 record.

12 points per game.

Why didn't they switch to it earlier? Why did Damon Huard start the 2007 season?

Why did the staff consider Preist Holmes an option?

You can ask "why" regarding almost every decision that was made by this regime - they are incompetent, bottom line. I'm not sure how this could be argued.

Desperate men will do desperate things. And at 1-5 and setting records for offensive futility, it's pretty obvious to see that Herm realized he was desperate for a spark.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-10-2009, 02:15 PM
What's he ever done to even give you that minimal level of confidence?

He hasn't ****ed anything up so he must be better than Thigpen. Of course he wasn't good enough to play so...

Thig Lyfe
01-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Nope.

Teams that make it to the Super Bowl without a top 3 in the league unbelievably dominant defense, have QBs that are much much better than Tyler Thigpen.

I don't hate the guy, he's alot better than I thought he would be, I was cheerin like crazy for him, but he's a #2 QB plain & simple.

STFU NOOB!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie
01-10-2009, 02:17 PM
The one game that Gray came in to play in the 2nd half, I didn't watch. How did he look then? Just curious.

Frankie
01-10-2009, 02:18 PM
STFU n00b!!!!!!!!!!

fyp

bowener
01-10-2009, 02:45 PM
you should shoot your penis' face off

But it always looks up at him and gives him the squinty puppy dog eye.... how could you harm that???

chiefzilla1501
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
We're going to diverge at the point where you say that we should bring in insurance. This is giving Thigpen way, way too much credit, unless by insurance you mean drafting a player along the lines of Sanchez or Stafford.

And let the competition begin...

Yes, insurance as in bringing a competitive QB in, even if that means bringing Sanchez or Stafford or Bradford in, and giving a FAIR competition that is based on who is more fit to be a Super Bowl QB and not based on draft position.

I don't think Thigpen has shown enough to believe he is the QBOTF, but I also believe it's way too soon to say he's not.

Bob Dole
01-10-2009, 03:24 PM

Because the original was dogshit, no matter who was under center.

Sully
01-10-2009, 03:32 PM
The "concussion" of the Herm Edwards era is manifesting itself in funny ways. Some posters are beginning to sound like old, punch-drunk boxers.

JuicesFlowing
01-10-2009, 03:45 PM
The one game that Gray came in to play in the 2nd half, I didn't watch. How did he look then? Just curious.

He drove down the field and threw a touchdown in mop-up time, if i recall correctly.