PDA

View Full Version : Football which announcers do you like to listen to? Which ones do you wish would shut up?

Gracie Dean
01-10-2009, 04:56 PM
I like listening to:

Al Michaels
Joe Buck
Troy Aikman

I HATE listening to:
Randy Cross
Boomer Isiason

RealSNR
01-10-2009, 04:59 PM
I don't mind John Madden, actually. The sound of his fat in his voice is kind of funny I think.

dorseybowe
Deion Sanders and Marshall Faulk were surprisingly entertaining the one time I heard them on NFL Network.

Bugeater
I wish Westwood One would sync up their radio broadcasts with the TV broadcasts so I wouldn't have to listen to any of them.

unothadeal
01-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Deion Sanders is a great announcer but an even better analyst. Anybody ever seen him Marriuci and Rich Eisen on NFL Gameday? He makes it a lot of fun.

dorseybowe
01-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Jeff Van Gundy and Dick Vitale piss me off.

chiefs1111
01-10-2009, 05:02 PM
i cant stand Dierdorf

eazyb81
01-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Jaworski, Greg Anthony, Mike Tirico and Bill Raftery ("with the KISS") are some of my favs.

I despise Dick Vitale and Tony Kornheiser.

I also like Bill Walton, but I know most people hate him.

L.A. Chieffan
01-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Gus Johnson can make old ladies knitting sweaters exciting.

jjchieffan
01-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Listening to last weekends playoff games, I absolutely could not stand listening to Dennis Green. Man he was annoying.

dorseybowe
01-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Collinsworth isn't my favorite either.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-10-2009, 05:06 PM
i like mitch holthus, john madden, and al michaels.

Sully
01-10-2009, 05:08 PM
My two favorites, and half of this may have people scratching their heads, are Al Mixhaels and Dan Dierdorf.

Cornstock
01-10-2009, 05:08 PM

Van Gundy is waay better than Vitale but I see your point

Bearcat
01-10-2009, 05:12 PM
I really liked the old SNF crew on ESPN. I like Al Michaels, Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Mike Tirico...

I don't like Tony Kornheiser because his only purpose on MNF is to be the "common idiot". I really don't like John Madden, because he rambles on so much while saying so little.

kcxiv
01-10-2009, 05:13 PM

Van Gundy is awesome. lol Dude cracks me up all the time. Him and Mark Jackson are good together.

I also like Vin Scully, he's the greatest!

L.A. Chieffan
01-10-2009, 05:15 PM

Best ever. I feel privileged just to listen to him.

I miss Chick too.

kcxiv
01-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Best ever. I feel privileged just to listen to him.

I miss Chick too.
Yeah, Chick was the man. I didnt put him down for obvious reasons, but that dude was a true Laker. Miss him, his end of the game put it away quotes were legendary.

L.A. Chieffan
01-10-2009, 05:22 PM
Yeah, Chick was the man. I didnt put him down for obvious reasons, but that dude was a true Laker. Miss him, his end of the game put it away quotes were legendary.

Have you heard Spiro on the radio? He's way better than Joel Meyers that dude sucks. I wish it was Spiro and Stu on TV.

jjchieffan
01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Collinsworth isn't my favorite either.

Oh yeah. I forgot about that dumbshit. I agree. He needs to shutup.

EyePod
01-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Gus Johnson can make old ladies knitting sweaters exciting.

He is the single best announcer. No other announcer brings a good knowledge of the game while also bringing excitement like him.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Madden is the epitome of a dumbshit doing color. Everything he says is ****ing "duh." Kornheiser is a complete joke and has no business broadcasting anything. No one else really bothers me.

Jerm
01-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Like - Ian Eagle, Gus Johnson, Mike Tirico, Dick Stockton, Jim Nantz, Johnny Miller (it's golf oh well)

Loathe - Joe Buck, Steve Buerlein, Randy Cross, Bryant Gumbel, Tony Kornheiser

oaklandhater
01-10-2009, 06:58 PM
I really liked the old SNF crew on ESPN. I like Al Michaels, Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Mike Tirico...

I don't like Tony Kornheiser because his only purpose on MNF is to be the "common idiot". I really don't like John Madden, because he rambles on so much while saying so little.

joe buck michales and aikan are also my fav I cant wait till that fat peice of shit dan dierdorf retires so I never have to hear another one of his no brainer call's.

FloridaMan88
01-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Like= Gus Johnson, Mike Tirico, Kevin Harlan, Mike Breen, Cris Collinsworth, Jay Bilas and for an old school tribute... the late great Charlie Jones.

Hate= Al Michaels, John Madden, Dick Vitale, Len Dawson, Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Tony Kornheiser, any announcer for a BCS game on FOX, Phil Simms and Jim Nantz

jjchieffan
01-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Like= Cris Collinsworth
Hate=Len Dawson
:shake:

RUSH
01-10-2009, 09:42 PM
I like Gus Johnson, Al Michaels and Marv Albert. I can't stand the guys who just did the BCS game, Joe Buck, and Tony Kornheiser. Jaws is excellent as well.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-10-2009, 10:12 PM

yeah he was awesome. jack buck, too.

oh, i also love listening to ryan lefebrve and denny matthews.

DT58HOF
01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Madden,Dierdorf,Deon Sanders,Bradshaw,Randy Cross,Dennis Green, Billy Packer and Dick Vitale all suck!!

Reerun_KC
01-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Madden
Dierdorf
McGuire
Collinsworth

Actually madden and Dierdorf make me mute the games....

kcxiv
01-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Have you heard Spiro on the radio? He's way better than Joel Meyers that dude sucks. I wish it was Spiro and Stu on TV.

I havent heard Spiro, but Joel doesnt bother me to much. Stu is ok, but sometimes he's a huge Kobe nut rider. Kobe's my favorite Laker atm and all, but he does some knob polishing . haha

cdcox
01-10-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm preferential to Curt Gowdy.

"Bob" Dobbs
01-11-2009, 02:14 AM
Bob Costas is a really good baseball announcer.

BryanBusby
01-11-2009, 03:21 AM
People like Joe Buck? What the f*ck? He always sounds like he downed 2 bottles of Ny*Quil before the game. The old Sunday Night Football crew? Really?!? Jesus Christ. I remember wishing in those days someone would snap his vocal chords in half.

I'll probably get a lot of disagreements, but I think Rich Gannon and Kevin Harlan make the best announcing team in football now a days. Rich Gannon does a very nice job breaking down details of what's going on via a strategical standpoint and Harlan has always been good about enthusiasm. He could make a Lions/Rams game sound exciting IMO.

Extra Point
01-11-2009, 03:37 AM
People like Joe Buck? What the f*ck? He always sounds like he downed 2 bottles of Ny*Quil before the game. The old Sunday Night Football crew? Really?!? Jesus Christ. I remember wishing in those days someone would snap his vocal chords in half.

I'll probably get a lot of disagreements, but I think Rich Gannon and Kevin Harlan make the best announcing team in football now a days. Rich Gannon does a very nice job breaking down details of what's going on via a strategical standpoint and Harlan has always been good about enthusiasm. He could make a Lions/Rams game sound exciting IMO.

Agreed.

Harlan, Gannon, Jaws, the old Sunday Night Crew, Madden, Moose, Siragusa, all are good. Musburger, Cross, Dierforf, Nance (was the BCS game the only one he called all season, and, if so, why the Hell did he?) suck. The rest serve a purpose, but could be better. If your Daddy was a sportscaster, you're qualified? All the 2nd gen announcers suck.

beach tribe
01-11-2009, 03:37 AM

Yeah they are good at building up a game, but it's because they have a lot of practice from covering all the shitty games.

adamb1521
01-11-2009, 04:00 AM
Like:
Howard Cosell
Summerall and Madden back in their hay day.
Collinsworth
Al Michaels
Aikman

Hate:
Theisman
Cross
Kornheiser
Dierdorf
Dennis Miller

JuicesFlowing
01-11-2009, 05:04 AM
I really can't stand Joe Buck.

BigMeatballDave
01-11-2009, 06:35 AM
Daryl Johnston and Steve Tasker are great 'Color' guys, IMO.

cardken
01-11-2009, 07:17 AM
A mixed bunch for me, I like Al Micheals, can't stand "Mr. Obvious" John Madden. He never has anything insightful to say, describes what I just saw and explains the game as if to three years olds. Needs to retire. Can't stand Collinsworth as a studio guy, but like his color commentary during a game. Kevin Harlin of course, Aikman is alright but should not be allowed to call Cowboys games too much af a "Homer."
I love Dan Patrick on Sunday nights, but bias as I listen to his daily radio show out of L.A. Howie Long and Terry Bradshaw are fun to watch. The "Bus" is suprisingly good. Also really like Phil Simms, class act.

cardken
01-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Madden is the epitome of a dumbshit doing color. Everything he says is ****ing "duh." Kornheiser is a complete joke and has no business broadcasting anything. No one else really bothers me.

QT! Madden ultimate Tool!

tmax63
01-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I don't pay that much attention to the announcers but when they are so biased like yesterday,(pulling for the Titans), that I notice it then I get aggravated. The announcers need to call the game and quit letting their personal feelings interfer.

milkman
01-11-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm preferential to Curt Gowdy.

If we're going to back in the day, I still think Charlie Jones was the best, and Merlin Olsen is the best ever color commentator.

blaise
01-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Like: Phil Simms, Boomer Esiason, Troy Aikman

Don't like: Josh Lewin, Randy Cross (just terrible), Todd Christensen, Bob Davis (awful)

Skip Towne
01-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Tom Hedrick

boogblaster
01-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Most are medium ... Hate Deerdork tho ..

Reerun_KC
01-11-2009, 10:00 AM
When Al Micheals had Dan Fouts on MNF, I thought that was a good combo...

Fouts always seem to have some very good insight...

Only problem was the NFL and its MNF schedule was almost unwatchable at that time...

Gracie Dean
01-11-2009, 02:00 PM
When Al Micheals had Dan Fouts on MNF, I thought that was a good combo...

Fouts always seem to have some very good insight...

Only problem was the NFL and its MNF schedule was almost unwatchable at that time...

Oh I had forgotten about Dan Fouts

and Pat Sumeral was good to

Madden drones ON and on and on and on

MahiMike
01-11-2009, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=noswad;5376212]I like listening to:

Al Michaels
Joe Buck
Troy Aikman
Phil Simms

Agent V
01-11-2009, 02:18 PM
I'm not fond of Collinsworth. I don't know if it's the subtle smugness in his voice, the stupid jokes he ALWAYS makes about his career, or the fact that he constantly looks like he's dropping a massive deuce.

But, in his defense, Phil Simms, Dan Dierdorf, and Randy Cross are worse.

dj56dt58
01-11-2009, 02:23 PM
I like Kevin Harlan and Phil Simms