PDA

View Full Version : Football Worst QB to Ever win a Super Bowl?

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 03:16 PM
I was thinking Dilfer but not close, it's Eli Manning
Manning has been horrible his whole career except for like 6 games last season, he was always overrated and has come back to earth and is still a very bad QB and maybe not good enough to be a starter in the NFL.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2009, 03:17 PM
No way Hootie told me he was awesome!

DeezNutz
01-11-2009, 03:19 PM
There's no way Hootie told you he was awesome?

Why not? Also, was Hootie talking about himself? Just fucking with you...

Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:19 PM
you guys think Eli Manning is worse than Trent Dilfer?

Uhm, what?

Eli played a bad game but you guys wouldn't take him on the Chiefs, this second, and be totally stoked?

Eli is a franchise QB.

Crush
01-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Doug Williams would like to have a talk with you.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Should have none better to make a grammer misteak around hear.

aturnis
01-11-2009, 03:21 PM
I love lamp.

Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:22 PM
and for as bad of a game as Eli played...

you still can't take away the amazing postseason he had last year...he was awesome.

What a stupid thread.

Brett Favre has had NUMEROUS games in the postseason that were worse than what Eli turned in today...so by this logic, Brett Favre is the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl.

DeezNutz
01-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Should have none better to make a grammer misteak around hear.

Yes were definately about quality prose irregardless their is no excuse that goes for you to.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-11-2009, 03:24 PM
Anybody who wouldn't take Eli over Dilfer is a total moron.

blueballs
01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
He's better than Huard/Bronco's fan
Chief's 2008 SB winner

Stewie
01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
In no particular order, but these guys were bad:

Phil Simms
Doug Williams
Jeff Hostetler
Mark Rypien

And Dan Marino never won a Super Bowl. Just goes to show ya.

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 03:29 PM
and for as bad of a game as Eli played...

you still can't take away the amazing postseason he had last year...he was awesome.

What a stupid thread.

Brett Favre has had NUMEROUS games in the postseason that were worse than what Eli turned in today...so by this logic, Brett Favre is the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl.

Eli\'s Adopted
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cus/e_1_68.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm479YYUS)
seriously he has to be adopted because he sucks
a franchise QB is the QB of a franchise? well okay than he is a franchise QB but the franchise will always suck because their QB sucks!!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZRxdm479YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZRxdm479YYUS&utm_id=7925)

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 03:29 PM

Phil Simms
Doug Williams
Jeff Hostetler
Mark Rypien

wtf? all 4 of those guys are better than Eli ever will be

The Bad Guy
01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
you guys think Eli Manning is worse than Trent Dilfer?

Uhm, what?

Eli played a bad game but you guys wouldn't take him on the Chiefs, this second, and be totally stoked?

Eli is a franchise QB.

I 100% disagree.

Eli Manning is a game manager. He's a lot like Trent Dilfer. He can manage a game very well with a power ground game.

He doesn't do one thing well.

He does everything decent, but not one thing well.

He had a run last year of good football, but that's been it.

The Bad Guy
01-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Anybody who wouldn't take Eli over Dilfer is a total moron.

Oh absolutely take Eli over Dilfer.

But he's not a franchise QB.

Ebolapox
01-11-2009, 03:31 PM

Phil Simms
Doug Williams
Jeff Hostetler
Mark Rypien

:spock:

phil simms is a borderline hall of famer.

williams and rypien were both journeymen, but gibbs had a talent for taking trash heap guys and winning super bowls with them.

hostetler wasn't horrible by any means, but he was what he was--basically a career backup who started a few times, and then went to the raiders and ended a lackadaisical career.

Ebolapox
01-11-2009, 03:32 PM

you're stoned.

Stewie

They were one hit wonders and very average on game day.

Hootie
Eli\'s Adopted
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cus/e_1_68.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm479YYUS)
seriously he has to be adopted because he sucks
a franchise QB is the QB of a franchise? well okay than he is a franchise QB but the franchise will always suck because their QB sucks!!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZRxdm479YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZRxdm479YYUS&utm_id=7925)

are you a retarded person?

Just curious.

Saul Good
01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Eli is a bum. Even on the drive that wound up winning the Superbowl, he threw two passes that should have been intercepted but were dropped.

It was a fluke.

Ebolapox
01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
are you a retarded person?

Just curious.

apparently he's a commatard.

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 03:34 PM
you're stoned.
No seriously Rypien and Phil Simms were easily better.
Doug Willimas achieved more in his career to this point.
He may be better than HOSS

Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:34 PM
I 100% disagree.

Eli Manning is a game manager. He's a lot like Trent Dilfer. He can manage a game very well with a power ground game.

He doesn't do one thing well.

He does everything decent, but not one thing well.

He had a run last year of good football, but that's been it.

He has all of the tools to be a great QB...and I think he is on the verge. He didn't do anything this year, until the game, that would have made anyone question otherwise...

Plus arm, good size, good feet, good leader.

They can have Stafford/Sanchez/Bradford...I'll take Eli in a second.

Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Oh absolutely take Eli over Dilfer.

But he's not a franchise QB.

If Eli isn't a franchise QB, I feel bad for the guy we're taking at #3...he better be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady otherwise he'll be just a game manager who does everything a little better than average.

Hammock Parties
01-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Rivers is a hell of a lot better...Chargers won that trade.

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 03:36 PM
If Eli isn't a franchise QB, I feel bad for the guy we're taking at #3...he better be Peyton Manning or Tom Brady otherwise he'll be just a game manager who does everything a little better than average.

no we give him 3 years if he is not better than Eli, it's time to send his ass packing!!

Manila-Chief
01-11-2009, 03:37 PM
What? Seems to me any QB who plays most of the season, gets his team into the SB and wins does not deserve to have "Worst" besides his name.

DT58HOF
I agree!! The chargers won out on this trade.

The Bad Guy
He has all of the tools to be a great QB...and I think he is on the verge. He didn't do anything this year, until the game, that would have made anyone question otherwise...

Plus arm, good size, good feet, good leader.

They can have Stafford/Sanchez/Bradford...I'll take Eli in a second.

Plus arm is questionable. He has a good arm. He's an average leader. He always has the dear in headlights look. His footwork is great.

I've watched him all year. He's a game-managing QB, and there's nothing wrong with that, but he's not elite. Let's be honest here, that throw to Tyree was one of the luckiest plays of all time. You or I could have thrown that fade route to Burress in single-coverage. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you throw the ball to the 6'4 receiver on a 5'10 CB.

The Bad Guy

100% agreed.

Hootie
no we give him 3 years if he is not better than Eli, it's time to send his ass packing!!

ROFL

I feel bad for the guy we draft...

Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Plus arm is questionable. He has a good arm. He's an average leader. He always has the dear in headlights look. His footwork is great.

I've watched him all year. He's a game-managing QB, and there's nothing wrong with that, but he's not elite. Let's be honest here, that throw to Tyree was one of the luckiest plays of all time. You or I could have thrown that fade route to Burress in single-coverage. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know you throw the ball to the 6'4 receiver on a 5'10 CB.

I just disagree...

Eli was put into a horrendous situation where he was tabloid fodder every friggin' Monday morning, stared the media in the face, and won a Super Bowl.

For as lucky as the Tyree play was, Eli showed a lot on that play...and he showed a lot in the playoffs last year.

He also showed a lot this year...

He's not his brother, but he's not a slouch.

Hootie
01-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Eli is stability. You know he'll be there every Sunday...tough player who doesn't get injured.

His accuracy has been an issue, but he's still growing as a player IMO.

The Giants can have our #3 and #32 pick, I'll take Eli.

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 03:44 PM
What? Seems to me any QB who plays most of the season, gets his team into the SB and wins does not deserve to have "Worst" besides his name.

So you don't think the reason they are a good team is because of the defense?
career stats
55.9 completion %
98 TD 74 int (he may give Favre a run for int's)
oh and add these stats to his glorious carrer,lol
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TH class=nameCell>Passing</TH><TH>CP/AT</TH><TH>YDS</TH><TH>TD</TH><TH>INT</TH></TR><TR><TD class=nameCell>E. Manning (http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0022803) </TD><TD>15/29</TD><TD>169</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Eli is stability. You know he'll be there every Sunday...tough player who doesn't get injured.

Thats why Strahan retired, he knew Eli would be there.

The Bad Guy
01-11-2009, 03:50 PM

This is his 5th year.

He should be at the top of his game already, and he's not.

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 03:51 PM

first i hope u mean they can have a 4th rounder, and we are bringing Eli in to backup our first round pick.
And how do we get pick #32?

The Bad Guy
01-11-2009, 03:52 PM
I just disagree...

Eli was put into a horrendous situation where he was tabloid fodder every friggin' Monday morning, stared the media in the face, and won a Super Bowl.

For as lucky as the Tyree play was, Eli showed a lot on that play...and he showed a lot in the playoffs last year.

He also showed a lot this year...

He's not his brother, but he's not a slouch.

What did he show this year? That he can hand the ball off to Ward and Jacobs?

Horrendus situaton? He WANTED to go to NY.

What did Eli show? That he'll try to get out of the grasp and then just chuck it down field?

He had a good run in last year's playoffs. I'll give you that. But he followed it up with one of the worst games I've seen from an "elite" QB ever.

kstater
01-11-2009, 03:55 PM
No. Thread over.

Hootie
01-11-2009, 04:00 PM
first i hope u mean they can have a 4th rounder, and we are bringing Eli in to backup our first round pick.
And how do we get pick #32?

I meant #34 or #35...whatever our 2nd pick is.

Hootie
01-11-2009, 04:02 PM
What did he show this year? That he can hand the ball off to Ward and Jacobs?

Horrendus situaton? He WANTED to go to NY.

What did Eli show? That he'll try to get out of the grasp and then just chuck it down field?

He had a good run in last year's playoffs. I'll give you that. But he followed it up with one of the worst games I've seen from an "elite" QB ever.

Favre had many bad playoff games...Brady has bad games...we all know Peyton has had tough years as well.

60% this year...21 TD's against 10 INT's...I'm not a stats guy, all I'm saying is IMO, Eli is a top 10 QB with the tools to be a top 5 QB...if the guy we draft is as good as Eli, I will personally be very pleased.

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 04:06 PM
The question they asked on TV was easy

who was best QB drafted that year
Eli Manning,Rivers or Big Ben???

Manning has played 6 good games in 5 years he was drafted way to high because of his name. Without the helmet catch he is just another bum in the NFL still.
Rivers has been a Great QB so far but hasn't won the big game.
Big Ben: has a title like Manning but is overrated and is not a big time QB more of a game manager throws alot of passes out of the backfield but also has great WR's to help him out. Owes many thanks to the NFL officials that stole the Super Bowl from the Seahawks.

Hootie
01-11-2009, 04:08 PM
the officials weren't good...but in no way did they steal a Super Bowl from Seattle...

as for who is better...Rivers/Roethlisberger/Eli...I think they all are good...and I'd take any of them in a heartbeat for our #3 pick.

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 04:09 PM
the officials weren't good...but in no way did they steal a Super Bowl from Seattle...

as for who is better...Rivers/Roethlisberger/Eli...I think they all are good...and I'd take any of them in a heartbeat for our #3 pick.

They totally stole the game!! The Steelers we're a much better team but the Seahawks who didn't belong should be The Champions!!
They stole it! plain and simple.

Hootie
01-11-2009, 04:13 PM
They totally stole the game!! The Steelers we're a much better team but the Seahawks who didn't belong should be The Champions!!
They stole it! plain and simple.

The Steelers won by two scores...it was a poorly officiated game...but at no point in that game did the Seahawks have any sort of an upper hand that would suggest the officials cost them the game.

It's not like the Denver/San Diego game earlier this year...

The Steelers led the game for the final three quarters.

I mean...there were some awful calls but that doesn't mean the Steelers STOLE the Super Bowl...even if the Seahawks would have taken the lead 17-14 that doesn't mean they would have ended up winning...

I just don't get your point.

Basileus777
01-11-2009, 04:25 PM

The Giants won a Superbowl because Eli Manning lead a historic drive. Rivers is a better player, but the Giants still won that trade. Really both teams are better off because of it.

rolstrol
01-11-2009, 04:29 PM
The Giants won a Superbowl because Eli Manning lead a historic drive. Rivers is a better player, but the Giants still won that trade. Really both teams are better off because of it.

Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding for Eli?

Basileus777
01-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Rivers, Merriman and Kaeding for Eli?

Rivers and Merriman or Eli and a superbowl ring.

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Rivers and Merriman or Eli and a superbowl ring.

Eli was not the reason they won!

Basileus777
01-11-2009, 04:40 PM

He was a significant part of it. Either way, that end result of that trade for a Superbowl victory for the Giants, so you can't say they lost.

Hootie
01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
but when they lose it's all his fault?

Stupid.

DT58HOF
01-11-2009, 04:56 PM
when any QB is 50% or worse, 2 int's and plays a full game and has 150 yards passing, it is his fault!

rolstrol
01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
when any QB is 50% or worse, 2 int's and plays a full game and has 150 yards passing, it is his fault!

not always the case, Manning had a game earlier this year where he had 5 or 6 dropped passes against the Eagles. Two very crucial drops, and an INT off of a players hands. Can you really fully blame him for that. Stats aren't always key.

Hootie
01-11-2009, 05:04 PM

but when he plays a solid game in the Super Bowl he is not the reason they win...at all.

Great logic.

Manila-Chief
01-11-2009, 05:44 PM

I fully agree. Much better than a Ryan Leaf, Crouch, etc.

jjchieffan
01-11-2009, 05:51 PM
I never have liked either of the Mannings, and I am thrilled that they were both one and done this year. But even I can't can't say that Eli is that bad.