PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor at the Golden Globes

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2009, 08:06 PM
:bravo: / :deevee:

That is all.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2009, 08:06 PM
http://i38.tinypic.com/2u8lclx.gif

kstater
01-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Heard took some pills and couldn't show up.

OnTheWarpath15
01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Hopefully the dumbass presenter didn't say something like, "Heath obviously couldn't be here with us tonight, to accept this award on his behalf..."

Ebolapox
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Hopefully the dumbass presenter didn't say something like, "Heath obviously couldn't be here with us tonight, to accept this award on his behalf..."

ROFL

that would be fucked up.

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2009, 08:13 PM

No, Demi Moore was very tactful about it.

QuikSsurfer
01-11-2009, 08:17 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/gifs/HEATHCLAP.gif

Archie F. Swin
01-11-2009, 08:21 PM
we'll see what Oscar has to say

kobebehar
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM

Typical lazy hollywood type, right? I hope he gets what's coming to him.

beavis
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Cool, I definately think he deserved it.

Demonpenz
01-11-2009, 11:21 PM
it is wrong and dumb how he went out, but damn what a freaking rocking last movie. Truely haunting and crazy.

Ultra Peanut
01-11-2009, 11:23 PM
pretty obv

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Such an awesome fucking movie. And I can't stress how much I'm not a movie guy.

unothadeal
01-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Such an awesome ****ing movie. And I can't stress how much I'm not a movie guy.

I looked up the GG best motion picture nominees, not only have I not seen them, I've never even heard of any of them! I've completely lost all interest in Hollywood since about when Crash won at the Oscars.

aturnis
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM

ouch...

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
reneesnipples

Mr. Flopnuts
I looked up the GG best motion picture nominees, not only have I not seen them, I've never even heard of any of them! I've completely lost all interest in Hollywood since about when Crash won at the Oscars.

You were pulling for brokeback? I keed, I keed.

aturnis
Typical lazy hollywood type, right? I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Your not serious are you?

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Giamatti deserves it

L.A. Chieffan
24, please?

Thig Lyfe

Maybe he was, so what? I haven't seen it, but it's possible to think Brokeback Mountain was a good movie without being gay.

Reerun_KC
01-11-2009, 11:32 PM

PULLING for it?

Hell I wouldnt be surprised if he isnt living it...

ROFL Kidding of course...

Reerun_KC
Maybe he was, so what? I haven't seen it, but it's possible to think Brokeback Mountain was a good movie without being gay.

LMAO

No it means your gay...

L.A. Chieffan

Great acting, GREAT cinematography.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2009, 11:33 PM

Whoa tiger.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Entourage. Come on. Win it.

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2009, 11:36 PM
ive never seen a 30 rock

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2009, 11:38 PM
ive never seen a 30 rock

Me neither. After that, I doubt I ever will. I promise Sportsracer, it's not because a gay black man gave the speech.

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Whoa tiger.

I'm just sick of the childish notion that anybody who likes that movie (or other movies dealing with gay people, like Milk) is "LOL TOTALLY GHEY!!!!1" It's fucking 7th grade-level dumbass bullshit.

Entourage. Come on. Win it.

Fuck Douchetourage. I've seen a handful of episodes. Did they forget to write jokes, or is it just always mislabeled as a comedy?

30 Rock is hands-down the best comedy on television right now. And it's FUNNY. What a novel idea.

Me neither. After that, I doubt I ever will. I promise Sportsracer, it's not because a gay black man gave the speech.

:spock:

Mr. Flopnuts
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm just sick of the childish notion that anybody who likes that movie (or other movies dealing with gay people, like Milk) is "LOL TOTALLY GHEY!!!!1" It's fucking 7th grade-level dumbass bullshit.

Fuck Douchetourage. I've seen a handful of episodes. Did they forget to write jokes, or is it just always mislabeled as a comedy?

30 Rock is hands-down the best comedy on television right now. And it's FUNNY. What a novel idea.

:spock:

You really need to get laid dude. Pull the stick out of your ass.

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM
You really need to get laid dude. Pull the stick out of your ass.

Wow, good one. Do you write for Entourage?

L.A. Chieffan
01-11-2009, 11:48 PM
this 30 rock show is kicking everybodys ass

Thig Lyfe
01-11-2009, 11:50 PM
this 30 rock show is kicking everybodys ass

And deservedly so. The only other show in the Comedy categories that presented any threat (or is at all funny) was The Office, and that's been relatively weak for the last season and a half.

unothadeal
01-11-2009, 11:57 PM

I'm not gay or anything but if my girlfriend slept with Jake Gyllenhaal I'd be like "DETAILS!"

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm not gay or anything but if my girlfriend slept with Jake Gyllenhaal I'd be like "DETAILS!"

Look out now. You may offend someone on the internet.

Ultra Peanut
01-12-2009, 12:26 AM
30 Rock is fucking awesome, and I'm going to have to seriously question Mr. Flopnuts' sanity.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_lBRf0UgjFc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_lBRf0UgjFc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's kind of annoying that it's only just now getting a lot of attention due to of Tina Fey's Palin impression rubbing off on it, but I'll take it. If Jeffrey Tambor had whipped out a great Cheney impression and Arrested Development's ratings had ballooned, that would have been the best thing ever.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2009, 12:27 AM
30 Rock is fucking awesome, and I'm going to have to seriously question Mr. Flopnuts' sanity.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_lBRf0UgjFc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_lBRf0UgjFc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Totally tongue in cheek comments. Anyone who has paid attention knows it.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Look out now. You may offend someone on the internet.

There's a difference between being offended and being agitated.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2009, 12:33 AM
There's a difference between being offended and being agitated.

If I had a dollar for every time you lit someone up for some homophobic, racially oriented joke on this board I wouldn't have to go to work tomorrow.

I swear to God, it's always the pasty white dudes that get sooooo bent out of shape over some stupid ass joke.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 12:42 AM
If I had a dollar for every time you lit someone up for some homophobic, racially oriented joke on this board I wouldn't have to go to work tomorrow.

I swear to God, it's always the pasty white dudes that get sooooo bent out of shape over some stupid ass joke.

That's why I "light people up". I pretty much only hate one thing, and that's stupidity. I'm not some PC wuss who writes letters to my congressman about how offensive the shows on TV are. I just get annoyed by narrow-mindedness and, perhaps even moreso, hacky, unoriginal "humor" like Brokeback Mountain jokes.

Gay jokes happen to frequently combine the two.

Now, I've been in a vaguely annoyed mood tonight, so I kinda latched on to this just to have something tangible to be agitated by. On a different night, I probably wouldn't have reacted so severely. But whatever. I'm tired.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2009, 12:45 AM
That's why I "light people up". I pretty much only hate one thing, and that's stupidity. I'm not some PC wuss who writes letters to my congressman about how offensive the shows on TV are. I just get annoyed by narrow-mindedness and, perhaps even moreso, hacky, unoriginal "humor" like Brokeback Mountain jokes.

Gay jokes happen to frequently combine the two.

Now, I've been in a vaguely annoyed mood tonight, so I kinda latched on to this just to have something tangible to be agitated by. On a different night, I probably wouldn't have reacted so severely. But whatever. I'm tired.

Well, good for you. Next time go beat your dog.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 12:46 AM
Well, good for you. Next time go beat your dog.

Uh. Ok.

Gravedigger
01-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Well deserved, theres no such thing as a mercy award to what happened with him, his portrayal of a villain in that film was bar none the best acting performance I've ever seen in a superhero movie or a crime drama. He deserves to be given what he worked so hard to obtain.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Well deserved, theres no such thing as a mercy award to what happened with him, his portrayal of a villain in that film was bar none the best acting performance I've ever seen in a superhero movie or a crime drama. He deserves to be given what he worked so hard to obtain.

Agreed. There are people who say that his performance is overrated because of his death, which is simply not true. Michael Caine said Ledger's Joker was extremely scary and (if I recall correctly) worthy of awards before they even wrapped shooting.

The third Nolan Batman film was going to be about the Joker's trial. I come close to tears thinking about how awesome that would have been.

Buehler445
01-12-2009, 12:54 AM
Not to detract from the CP throwdown, but I re-watched Dark Knight again last night and looked specifically at the Joker. There were none of Heath Ledger's normal voice inflections, none of his normal mannerisms, nothing. Every aspect of the character was totally the character. I looked and looked and could find NOTHING wrong with his performance. I'm not a big technical movie guy, but from my thinking, it was a flawless performance. Honestly, between the acting and the makeup, if I didn't know beforehand that it was Heath Ledger, I wouldn't have been able to tell from the film.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Not to detract from the CP throwdown, but I re-watched Dark Knight again last night and looked specifically at the Joker. There were none of Heath Ledger's normal voice inflections, none of his normal mannerisms, nothing. Every aspect of the character was totally the character. I looked and looked and could find NOTHING wrong with his performance. I'm not a big technical movie guy, but from my thinking, it was a flawless performance. Honestly, between the acting and the makeup, if I didn't know beforehand that it was Heath Ledger, I wouldn't have been able to tell from the film.

No way dude. I couldn't have stayed more uninvolved. I've had some epic battles on this site, this one didn't even incinerate a heated response.

unothadeal
01-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Agreed. There are people who say that his performance is overrated because of his death, which is simply not true. Michael Caine said Ledger's Joker was extremely scary and (if I recall correctly) worthy of awards before they even wrapped shooting.

The third Nolan Batman film was going to be about the Joker's trial. I come close to tears thinking about how awesome that would have been.

I've already gotten through knowing the amount of movie history we're going to miss out on without Ledger in the next Batman films, I don't need you reminding me thank you very much.

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 12:58 AM

I've heard that a dude named crispin glover is being considered as the next joker. wonder if they just lock the joker's character up in arkham asylum and barely mention him--it would be a travesty to follow up ledger's joker with anyone--nobody can hold his jock as far as the joker is concerned.

unothadeal
01-12-2009, 01:00 AM
I've heard that a dude named crispin glover is being considered as the next joker. wonder if they just lock the joker's character up in arkham asylum and barely mention him--it would be a travesty to follow up ledger's joker with anyone--nobody can hold his jock as far as the joker is concerned.

Has it been announced that Nolan's doing another Batman film for sure?

Mr. Flopnuts
01-12-2009, 01:00 AM

I didn't think there was anyway that Ledger would top Nicholson's performance. Fuck. He killed it.

On a side note, NBC just showed a preview for a new show called "Kings". Looks to have potential.

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 01:02 AM
Has it been announced that Nolan's doing another Batman film for sure?

at his point, EVERYTHING is conjecture. it would surprise me if they DIDN'T do another one, the way they left the last one (batman=the bad guy) kinda says they will. however, nothing shocks me these days.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 01:03 AM
No way dude. I couldn't have stayed more uninvolved. I've had some epic battles on this site, this one didn't even incinerate a heated response.

Well, yeah, clearly you weren't even trying. I mean, "get laid", "stick in the ass" and "sand in the vagina" back-to-back-to-back? You were really phoning that shit in.

I didn't think it was a throwdown either, nor did I want it to be. It was just my general reaction to all the lame Brokeback jokes out there.

As an aside, Crash sucked hardcore.

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 01:03 AM
I didn't think there was anyway that Ledger would top Nicholson's performance. Fuck. He killed it.

On a side note, NBC just showed a preview for a new show called "Kings". Looks to have potential.

This. I recalled thinking that there was no way ledger could carry nicholson's jock. ledger made jack look like a fairy running around in purple velvet.

blueballs
01-12-2009, 01:05 AM
Entourage jumped a limp wristed shark

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 01:07 AM

Agreed. I saw bits and pieces of 10 Things I Hate About You a few weeks ago, and I couldn't believe THAT guy was the Joker. He really disappeared in that role.

I've already gotten through knowing the amount of movie history we're going to miss out on without Ledger in the next Batman films, I don't need you reminding me thank you very much.

Heh, sorry.

While Crispin Glover is indeed creepy as hell, no way would I let him or anyone else reprise the Joker. It would be pointless. Even Daniel Day-Lewis, who would similarly immerse himself in the role, shouldn't do it, just because Ledger made it HIS role.

I would like to see Glover as some other villain. He fits Nolan's established vibe.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 01:12 AM
Entourage jumped a limp wristed shark

It jumped from episode one.

Here's the thing about Entourage: it's actually a decently interesting show. The behind-the-scenes aspect is well done and makes it somewhat watchable.

But it is NOT funny. At all. I have maybe smirked two, three times watching that show. Total. It doesn't qualify as a comedy because there are no jokes. And it's not really a drama, either, because there's not really any weight to it.

If there was some weird, nebulous genre that was neither comedy nor drama, that didn't require much in the way of writing or acting to be effective, Entourage would be the best show of that genre. But as no such genre exists to my knowledge, it's just a horribly overrated piece of shiny crap that remains completely bereft of laughs.

unothadeal
01-12-2009, 01:13 AM
It jumped from episode one.

Here's the thing about Entourage: it's actually a decently interesting show. The behind-the-scenes aspect is well done and makes it somewhat watchable.

But it is NOT funny. At all. I have maybe smirked two, three times watching that show. Total. It doesn't qualify as a comedy because there are no jokes. And it's not really a drama, either, because there's not really any weight to it.

If there was some weird, nebulous genre that was neither comedy nor drama, that didn't require much in the way of writing or acting to be effective, Entourage would be the best show of that genre. But as no such genre exists to my knowledge, it's just a horribly overrated piece of shiny crap that remains completely bereft of laughs.

You just described a documentary.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 01:16 AM
You just described a documentary.

Heh, well, I was thinking of that. Entourage is basically a fictionalized documentary. But even documentaries generally at least have something other than "Hey, look at this, isn't this cool?" driving its real-life plot.

Unfortunately, it insists on labeling itself as a comedy.

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2009, 01:30 AM
Heh, well, I was thinking of that. Entourage is basically a fictionalized documentary. But even documentaries generally at least have something other than "Hey, look at this, isn't this cool?" driving its real-life plot.

I've said this from season one: If you don't live and work in Hollywood, I seriously doubt that "Entourage" is entertaining and/or funny.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 01:38 AM
I've said this from season one: If you don't live and work in Hollywood, I seriously doubt that "Entourage" is entertaining and/or funny.

I don't live in New York or work at NBC, but 30 Rock is somehow hilarious. I think it's because they write jokes and stuff.

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2009, 01:42 AM
I don't live in New York or work at NBC, but 30 Rock is somehow hilarious. I think it's because they write jokes and stuff.

That's a completely different show

SPchief
01-12-2009, 01:47 AM

Sorry, but not everyone has to live in Hollywood to like the show. I've been a fan since season one.

KCCHIEFS27
01-12-2009, 01:50 AM
I don't find 30 Rock to be that funny, honestly. The only character I like on that show is played by Jack McBrayer. Only Sunny is wayyy better, IMO. And as far as Heath Ledger goes, he probably deserved the award, but he was a contender against a bunch of scrubs. His role wasn't anything special. I still don't understand the obsession with Dark Knight, I don't even think it was a top 10 movie in 2008.

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2009, 01:53 AM
Sorry, but not everyone has to live in Hollywood to like the show. I've been a fan since season one.

That's cool.

But I can totally understand the other poster's point.

And trust me. I know people here that hate the show. Sometimes, it's just too much.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 01:53 AM
That's a completely different show

It's a behind-the-scenes-of-showbiz meta-comedy... I think the comparison is apt. The difference is, 30 Rock manages to be funny.

Look, you're probably right. If the category was "Best Comedy That's Only A Comedy To People Who Know Mark Wahlberg, Or Know Somebody Who Knows Mark Wahlberg", then Entourage would win running away. But it's supposed to be just a comedy, and even the most niche of shows can be, if written well, actually funny. Entourage is just Hollywood masturbation; it's an award show dressed up as a fictional television program.

kobebehar
01-12-2009, 01:54 AM

I know. And I dont live up my own butthole, but I can still watch Chiefs games.

KCCHIEFS27
01-12-2009, 01:55 AM

Entourage has a lot of humor. I guess you have to be able to relate to it. You must be an older gentleman.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Only Sunny is wayyy better, IMO.

For some reason, I've never motivated myself to check that show out, even though people who like good shows like Arrested Development, The Office and 30 Rock seem to like it. At some point I probably should, before too many seasons pile up.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Entourage has a lot of humor. I guess you have to be able to relate to it. You must be an older gentleman.

I'm not an older gentleman. I'm somebody who appreciates well-written comedy. Entourage doesn't qualify.

DaneMcCloud
01-12-2009, 01:57 AM
It's a behind-the-scenes-of-showbiz meta-comedy... I think the comparison is apt. The difference is, 30 Rock manages to be funny.

Look, you're probably right. If the category was "Best Comedy That's Only A Comedy To People Who Know Mark Wahlberg, Or Know Somebody Who Knows Mark Wahlberg", then Entourage would win running away. But it's supposed to be just a comedy, and even the most niche of shows can be, if written well, actually funny. Entourage is just Hollywood masturbation; it's an award show dressed up as a fictional television program.

I like "30 Rock" not because it involves the entertainment business, but because I think Tina Fey's genius. She makes the absurd seem normal.

Entourage isn't for everyone. I've never really thought of it as a comedy (much like "Californication"), so I guess you have a point.

That being said, I think that 'Entourage" is one the best shows on television.

RealSNR
01-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Entourage has a lot of humor. I guess you have to be able to relate to it. You must be an older gentleman.Are you one of those guys? Who when in a group of about 6 or 7 people who are all watching TV and can't decide what's on, decide to flip through the channels. Scrubs shows up and you're the one who says "YEAH! YEAH! SCRUBS! LET'S WATCH SCRUBS!" And for everybody else, Scrubs is like their 23rd favorite show, so they say, "ummm... surrreee, I guess I don't have a problem with Scrubs" but deep down they're writhing inside because there's bound to be something better on than Scrubs. But then there they are, stuck watching Scrubs. All because of you.

KCCHIEFS27
01-12-2009, 02:14 AM
Are you one of those guys? Who when in a group of about 6 or 7 people who are all watching TV and can't decide what's on, decide to flip through the channels. Scrubs shows up and you're the one who says "YEAH! YEAH! SCRUBS! LET'S WATCH SCRUBS!" And for everybody else, Scrubs is like their 23rd favorite show, so they say, "ummm... surrreee, I guess I don't have a problem with Scrubs" but deep down they're writhing inside because there's bound to be something better on than Scrubs. But then there they are, stuck watching Scrubs. All because of you.

Exactly..Scrubs is probably my favorite show, of course, that's after Dr.Quinn the Medicine Woman..hard to decide between the two. But if Scrubs is on, I definitely hold a gun to everybody's head so they HAVE to watch it..

teedubya
01-12-2009, 03:09 AM
Entourage is hilarious... 30Rock is hilarious...

SportsRacer lost his burst...

POND_OF_RED
01-12-2009, 04:07 AM
Can someone please tell me how It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia wasn't even nominated for best comedy? It has more humor in one episode than all of the other shows combined. Can an FX show not be nominated or something?

kysirsoze
01-12-2009, 04:41 AM
This. I recalled thinking that there was no way ledger could carry nicholson's jock. ledger made jack look like a fairy running around in purple velvet.

This is the point. No one thought Ledger could do it now no one thinks anyone else could do it. I know there hasn't been a lot of time since Heath's performance but the character of the Joker is too big to die with one actor. All due respect, I mean Heath Ledger was amazing, but a lot of it was the writing and there are a lot of good actors out there. If there is a great Batman story involving the Joker they should make it.

That being said I doubt they will because of overwhelming public opinion. That doesn't mean I can't dream.

ClevelandBronco
01-12-2009, 04:47 AM
Cesar Romero, guys. Cesar Romero.

Fire Me Boy!
01-12-2009, 06:47 AM
reneesnipples

Huh? Zellweger? Did I miss something? Screencaps?

ChiefJustice
01-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Cesar Romero, guys. Cesar Romero.

Has it come to this?

That I have to give rep to a Donko fan?
:cuss:

Jerm
01-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Pretty much a lock that Ledger would win...not surprised.

I'm just glad Rourke won, he deserved it but had a lot of competition, surprised he did win.

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 07:03 AM
I like "30 Rock" not because it involves the entertainment business, but because I think Tina Fey's genius. She makes the absurd seem normal.

Entourage isn't for everyone. I've never really thought of it as a comedy (much like "Californication"), so I guess you have a point.

That being said, I think that 'Entourage" is one the best shows on television.

heh, where the fuck was tina fey's genius when the only good thing on SNL for the years that she was head writer was will ferrell?!?

Fire Me Boy!
01-12-2009, 07:03 AM
Agreed. I saw bits and pieces of 10 Things I Hate About You a few weeks ago, and I couldn't believe THAT guy was the Joker. He really disappeared in that role.

Heh, sorry.

While Crispin Glover is indeed creepy as hell, no way would I let him or anyone else reprise the Joker. It would be pointless. Even Daniel Day-Lewis, who would similarly immerse himself in the role, shouldn't do it, just because Ledger made it HIS role.

I would like to see Glover as some other villain. He fits Nolan's established vibe.

Crispin Glover could play Crispin Glover in the next Batman. That dude is all sorts of scary all by himself.

Ebolapox
01-12-2009, 07:06 AM
This is the point. No one thought Ledger could do it now no one thinks anyone else could do it. I know there hasn't been a lot of time since Heath's performance but the character of the Joker is too big to die with one actor. All due respect, I mean Heath Ledger was amazing, but a lot of it was the writing and there are a lot of good actors out there. If there is a great Batman story involving the Joker they should make it.

That being said I doubt they will because of overwhelming public opinion. That doesn't mean I can't dream.

oh, don't get me wrong. if nolan does another batman movie and there is another joker, I'll give him an honest shot before I run over to moviepoopchute.com and blast em'. but if it somehow doesn't live up to heath's joker? it'll feel incomplete and make me sad that heath ledger was a method actor :(

Rausch
01-12-2009, 07:47 AM
After all the hype this flick got I couldn't wait to watch and then rip into it.

Then I watched it and....well...the only cheese in the flick was Batman's ghey "Talking in deep rhaspy voice now...growl...i'm scarry."

And about the time it started to really irritate me in would come the Joker stealing the flick. It wasn't that he did a good job honoring the character, he helped to reinvent an old character and made him seem nuttier than a squirrel turd in a grove of pecans.

I'm trying to think of a better villian in a film and at this hour i'm hard pressed...

tomahawk kid
01-12-2009, 08:34 AM
Crispin Glover could play Crispin Glover in the next Batman. That dude is all sorts of scary all by himself.

Replacing Ledger with George McFly?

No thanks.

Tribal Warfare
01-12-2009, 08:38 AM

wait for another 20 years then another Joker movie will probably be made

Fire Me Boy!
01-12-2009, 08:47 AM

No thanks.

I didn't say Glover as the Joker. I said, Glover himself could be the next villain.

Ultra Peanut
01-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Can someone please tell me how It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia wasn't even nominated for best comedy? It has more humor in one episode than all of the other shows combined. Can an FX show not be nominated or something?Always Sunny no shows in comedy, The Wire no shows in drama. If you're the best show on TV, the HFPA doesn't want you.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Are you one of those guys? Who when in a group of about 6 or 7 people who are all watching TV and can't decide what's on, decide to flip through the channels. Scrubs shows up and you're the one who says "YEAH! YEAH! SCRUBS! LET'S WATCH SCRUBS!" And for everybody else, Scrubs is like their 23rd favorite show, so they say, "ummm... surrreee, I guess I don't have a problem with Scrubs" but deep down they're writhing inside because there's bound to be something better on than Scrubs. But then there they are, stuck watching Scrubs. All because of you.

ROFL ROFL ROFL God, what an awesome post. I know a lot of people who are "one of those guys" and they annoy the hell out of me. Kudos.

heh, where the fuck was tina fey's genius when the only good thing on SNL for the years that she was head writer was will ferrell?!?

I was not much of a Tina Fey fan before 30 Rock for that very reason. I blamed her for the crappiness of post-2000 SNL. In retrospect, I was wrong. Here are my reasons:

There's only so much a head writer can do to fix a show. I think the writing staff was largely very weak and the on-screen talent was mostly mediocre. She can't be blamed for all the show's faults with so much other blame to go around.
She was burnt out on and/or being constricted by SNL's format and schedule. Tina's strength is snappy dialogue, and that can't always be a priority in 5-minute sketches that are written a few days before they air. They need 90 minutes of material every week, and that material has to be immediately relatable (thus all the recurring sketches) and crammed into a very fluid schedule. She now has the luxury of having time to polish her scripts as well as the opportunity for real character development.
She has full creative control over 30 Rock. She's the executive producer, writer AND star. She has first and final say over everything. She has a strong voice that is able to be heard, unlike with a sketch show, where there are tons of weaker voices trying desperately to be heard. Too many cooks spoil the broth, an' all that.

30 Rock is the perfect vehicle for her genius.

No thanks.

Watch just about any other Crispin Glover movie and you'll see what we mean.

Always Sunny no shows in comedy, The Wire no shows in drama. If you're the best show on TV, the HFPA doesn't want you.

Gah! I haven't seen The Wire, either. I need to watch both of those shows, pronto. I think 30 Rock is still probably the right choice for Best Comedy, but I have little doubt that Always Sunny is great.

Jerm
01-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Always thought Crispin Glover would make an interesting Riddler.

Thig Lyfe
01-12-2009, 07:16 PM
Always thought Crispin Glover would make an interesting Riddler.

Yeah, that's the role that would fit him best. I think if Nolan goes the Riddler route (if they even make a third one), Crispin Glover will have to be strongly considered for the part. Nolan might prefer him over Johnny Depp, who he might be consider to be too recognizable for the role.

Jerm
01-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah, that's the role that would fit him best. I think if Nolan goes the Riddler route (if they even make a third one), Crispin Glover will have to be strongly considered for the part. Nolan might prefer him over Johnny Depp, who he might be consider to be too recognizable for the role.

Yeah I dunno about Depp in that role to be honest.

I always thought Crispin Glover or Ben Foster, who can play a nutjob like no other, would be good choices.

Just sucks that Ledger died...would've been awesome to see where they would've took the Joker character and expanded on it.

kobebehar
01-13-2009, 02:17 AM
Your not serious are you?

No, Im not serious.

ClevelandBronco
01-13-2009, 02:36 AM
No, Im not serious.

Don't let him kid you. The guy is serious. SERIOUS, I tell you!

kobebehar
01-13-2009, 03:01 AM

DAMN IT Im Found out. Clearly someone with a profile picture of a mouth-agape joy behar would not joke about something so important as the Golden Globes.

kobebehar
01-13-2009, 03:04 AM
Yeah I dunno about Depp in that role to be honest.

I always thought Crispin Glover or Ben Foster, who can play a nutjob like no other, would be good choices.

Just sucks that Ledger died...would've been awesome to see where they would've took the Joker character and expanded on it.

Ben Foster as the Riddler would be amazing, good call.

Also, I believe the plan was always to have the Joker die, but I could be wrong.

kysirsoze
01-13-2009, 05:15 AM

Why so seri.... I can't even finish it.

01-13-2009, 05:50 AM
Don't let him kid you. The guy is serious. SERIOUS, I tell you!Why so serious!!!!

Jenson71
01-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Agreed. I saw bits and pieces of 10 Things I Hate About You a few weeks ago...

gay