PDA

View Full Version : KU KU-Mario Little

Toto
01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Little to play against Kansas State, will not red-shirt this season

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/jan/13/little-play-against-kansas-state-will-not-red-shir/?mens_basketball

Kansas junior Mario Little will play in Tuesday night's Kansas-Kansas State game and will not take a medical red-shirt this season, KU coach Bill Self said Tuesday morning.

"He's going to play," Self said. "We spoke to him this morning. He slept on it and (the stress fracture in his left leg) felt good today. It feels good and he wants to play."

X-rays showed no additional problems. Self said he would discuss the matter more after Tuesday night's game against Kansas State.

DJay23
01-13-2009, 01:02 PM
As much as he's been hurt this year, I think it would have been better to shut it down and give himself 2 good years (hopefully) of exposure instead of potentially one or one and a half.

Here's to hoping he heals quickly and adds another scoring threat to help out Sherron and Cole.

KCCHIEFS27
01-13-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm glad. Get him out of here as soon as possible.

sedated
01-13-2009, 01:50 PM
I figured as much when Self said "This team needs him"

Its a shame, would have liked to have gotten 2 full healthy years out of him.

Buehler445
01-13-2009, 02:24 PM
As much as he's been hurt this year, I think it would have been better to shut it down and give himself 2 good years (hopefully) of exposure instead of potentially one or one and a half.

Here's to hoping he heals quickly and adds another scoring threat to help out Sherron and Cole.

If he is as good as advertized, I tend to agree that he should have taken it. He could have added the most net benefit to the team that way.

If he sucks, this...

I'm glad. Get him out of here as soon as possible.