PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli and FA's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

max sleeper
01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Just my 2 cents but I think with Pioli coming in many of the high end FA's might come to KC now! He is gonna be pumping it into the heads of anypne who would come and visit that he is here to turn it around and be the next PATS! If I was a FA and new the track record of NE I would be a Chief in a split second!

Go day for the Chiefs nation!!!!! :) Go Chiefs!

Reerun_KC
01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
Just dont panic when he wont spend ass loads of money on someone and allows them to walk....

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Considering Carl's reputation, I think free agents will definitely be more open to coming here now.

chiefscafan
01-13-2009, 07:50 PM
suggs or peppers I see in red next year

L.A. Chieffan
01-13-2009, 07:51 PM
oh god peppeeeers

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Just dont panic when he wont spend ass loads of money on someone and allows them to walk....Yeah, the Pats have always had a knack for cutting a player loose just before the big decline in production.

The Bad Guy
01-13-2009, 07:52 PM
The big thing is agents like to work with this guy.

The Chiefs have completely changed their image overnight.

Reerun_KC
01-13-2009, 07:52 PM

This....

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 07:54 PM

The Chiefs have completely changed their image overnight.Yep. It's really pretty amazing.

Grand Slam by Mr. Hunt.

beavis
01-13-2009, 07:54 PM

That's something I hadn't even tought about. Awesome.

Mecca
01-13-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah, the Pats have always had a knack for cutting a player loose just before the big decline in production.

CB's more than anything.....they value front 7 players and safeties way more than CB's

Chiefshrink
As Phobia stated on another site. Name the last UFA signed by the Pats? Expect that. Not big name but big $$ signing? It will be smarter than Carl that will be the difference.

Mecca
As Phobia stated on another site. Name the last UFA signed by the Pats? Expect that. Not big name but big $$ signing? It will be smarter than Carl that will be the difference.

In fairness here they gave Adalius Thomas an assload of money.

chiefscafan
01-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I agree the bad guy we are gonna be more than competitive in FA I'll be shocked if we don't sign at least one big name.

For him letting people go who want more money fine let them go I trust this guy and will for at least two or three years.

The one thing I said to my brother is I want Pioli because now I don't have to worry about the direction of our team and what the gm is doing.

I am so happy according to my pats fan friend you guys get pioli watch out he is wiked awesome.

I am so confident we will be back again this time we may even win the whole damn thing.

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 07:58 PM
The Pats haven't been afraid to dip into free agency, they just do it intelligently. They built the core pieces of their team through the draft and occasionally signed a few complementary pieces. Adalius Thomas and Rosy Colvin are the only free agents I remember them spending a lot of money on though.

Chiefshrink
01-13-2009, 07:58 PM
oh god peppeeeers

Peppers and Haynesworth will be looking for big $$ and also will be on the start of the downside-getting hurt more often is what usually happens. The only big $$ I would pay, would be for Suggs. Motor is like the old LT except he is not on coke:D

Rick
01-13-2009, 07:59 PM
How 'bout a list of wishes?

Bart Scott LB Ravens MLB is our second biggest need.
Channing Crowder LB Dolphins

Help me out with the DE's for a pass rush. This is our biggest need imo.

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 08:01 PM
CB's more than anything.....they value front 7 players and safeties way more than CB'sSo, what do you think about the hire?

Mecca
01-13-2009, 08:02 PM
So, what do you think about the hire?

I don't really see how you could ask for anything better....if you hire the #1 guy and it doesn't work you can't say they didn't try.

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't really see how you could ask for anything better....if you hire the #1 guy and it doesn't work you can't say they didn't try.Amen.

chiefscafan
01-13-2009, 08:03 PM
watching suggs while he was in there reminded me of LT as has been stated and coming off that corner god forbid I say it DT.

Thats the guy I want he can take over a game anytime he wants much like our former hero could.

draft I want Maauluga (sp) he is ray lewis two no one will run up the middle on us again. Those two added that D becomes scary.

Saul Good
01-13-2009, 08:04 PM
CB's more than anything.....they value front 7 players and safeties way more than CB's

The first big move of this nature that I remember was when they let Lawyer Milloy go. The football world was all over what a crazy move it was, especially after the Bills crushed the Patriots right out of the gate.

I forget what happened to the Patriots after that game, though. I don't think they ever really recovered.

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 08:07 PM
I don't really see how you could ask for anything better....if you hire the #1 guy and it doesn't work you can't say they didn't try.

The guy has knowledge of how the most winningest sports team of this century operates in every aspect of the game. Hopefully he will be able to duplicate much of that in KC and build a similar structure and organization. It's not a guarantee that he will work out, but he's got an impressive resume.

Mecca
01-13-2009, 08:07 PM
I can't remember the last time the Pats used a 1st round pick on a CB....however their entire DL is 1st rounders...they have 1 1st round LB mixed with a bunch of vets and they've used several high picks at safety.

Direckshun
01-13-2009, 08:10 PM
I can't remember the last time the Pats used a 1st round pick on a CB....however their entire DL is 1st rounders...they have 1 1st round LB mixed with a bunch of vets and they've used several high picks at safety.

Of course, you can do that when your franchise QB was a 6th.

HUNTER CALDWELL, HERE WE COME.

L.A. Chieffan
01-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Peppers and Haynesworth will be looking for big $$ and also will be on the start of the downside-getting hurt more often is what usually happens. The only big $$ I would pay, would be for Suggs. Motor is like the old LT except he is not on coke:D

peppers is only 2 years older. peppers averages 10 sacks per season and thats with only 2.5 in '07 because of an injury. peppers had 14.5 sacks this season and suggs only had 8.5 and his production has been dropping basically every year

Ebolapox
01-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Of course, you can do that when your franchise QB was a 6th.

HUNTER CALDWELL, HERE WE COME.

is he related to hunter cantwell?

KChiefs1
01-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Jim Schwartz would obviously have some pull with Haynesworth.

DaFace
01-13-2009, 08:30 PM
This thread needs more exclamation points.

Direckshun
01-13-2009, 08:30 PM
is he related to hunter cantwell?

He's poised to be a 6th rounder.

Surely Pioli will turn him into a franchise super bowl QB.

Basileus777
01-13-2009, 08:32 PM
This thread needs more exclamation points.

Bring back Draft Planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RippedmyFlesh
01-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Adalius Thomas is what scares me about suggs.
When I watched Thomas play for the ravens he looked like one of the best players in the league.
To me the ravens are also a smart franchise and I could see them letting someone go maybe a year too early which is prob smartest thing to do.

luv
01-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Didn't Clark say he would hire someone with the same vivion for rebuilding through the draft? How many FA's will he bring in?

RippedmyFlesh
01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Pioli coming to KC instead of cleveland shows how good of an owner Clark is going to be.
Lerner wanted to force mangini on SP showing me Lerner is a jerry jones wanna be.
Pioli wouldn't go to a team with a meddling owner.
Considering how short a time Clark has been running things I say that says volumes about Clark to have the respect of the best gm candidate out there.

chiefscafan
01-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Sounds like the rumor of Pioli , hunt , and thum getting along is true. Thum is a genious at the cap and money matters and Pioli is great talent evaluator I feel we are finally in good hands.

RippedmyFlesh
01-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Sounds like the rumor of Pioli , hunt , and thum getting along is true. Thum is a genious at the cap and money matters and Pioli is great talent evaluator I feel we are finally in good hands.
Instead of stressing about who KC will pick I feel comfortable they will pick the right players in the next draft.
Not who I THOUGHT they should have picked.
Which is something we as chief's fans have all had to do too much of in the past.

chiefscafan
01-13-2009, 09:24 PM
i 've never been as secure about the future of this franchise as I do today

The Franchise
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
If we bring in FAs....I think it's going to be the 2nd tier guys....maybe a lower 1st tier guy. I could see Karlos Dansby to help shore up our LB core.

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Instead of stressing about who KC will pick I feel comfortable just getting excited about who they
will pick .
Not who I THOUGHT they should have picked.Which is something we have all had to do too much of in the past.Yep. Good point.

Suddenly even the, "OHHHH WTF's" turn into, "Really? That's interesting. Maybe they see something special in him."

KCChiefsMan
01-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't think he's just gonna come here and try to be the next Dan Snyder

KcMizzou
01-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I don't think he's just gonna come here and try to be the next Dan SnyderNot his M.O. at all.

unothadeal
01-13-2009, 09:31 PM

Remind you of anybody kinda?

The Franchise
01-13-2009, 09:32 PM

I'm hoping that he sees the potential in Flowers and keeps him around long term.

RippedmyFlesh
01-13-2009, 09:33 PM
NE would sign fa's to fill a need not build the team.
They end up giving the most money to their own draft choices because this concept is so strange to us lately ,
they pick good players!!!

Halfcan
01-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Haynesworth and Scott would be nice additions.

Amnorix
01-13-2009, 11:03 PM

Colvin and Adalius Thomas.

They also went hard after Derrick Mason early in FA, but he wanted to be with the Ravens instead.

It's not that they don't chase the big names, it's that they don't want to pay more than what THEY think is market. If other teams are throwing silly money around, then they will sit on the sidelines until that is over and see who is left.

Fat Elvis
01-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Pioli was the Raven's director of pro personel in 1996. Pretty sweet draft if you ask me. Me? I'll just sit back and trust that Pioli will bring in who he wants and drafts who he wants...whatever he does, it will be better than Carl.

Amnorix
01-13-2009, 11:06 PM
This thread proves you dont' even understand the BB/SP system. They do NOT chase lots of expensive free agents. They carefully choose whomever they think will be perfect for their system and try to get them, but if others are playing with monopoly money, they bow out.

Expect to see a heavy revamp of your entire roster using draft picks (I'd expect him to trade BACK and get extra picks if he can) and free agents that bring the type of work ethic and professionalism that they want to build there.

I'd also expect to see a few ex-Patriots there in a year or two, to try to help lead the way for your very young roster.

Fat Elvis
01-13-2009, 11:07 PM
Carl is sitting back smiling and saying, "Carlton Gray, bitches...."

StcChief
01-13-2009, 11:13 PM
I think we have turned the corner.... well if Clark will open the wallet and trust Pioli to be smart about signings.

T-post Tom
01-13-2009, 11:30 PM
This thread proves you dont' even understand the BB/SP system. They do NOT chase lots of expensive free agents. They carefully choose whomever they think will be perfect for their system and try to get them, but if others are playing with monopoly money, they bow out.

Expect to see a heavy revamp of your entire roster using draft picks (I'd expect him to trade BACK and get extra picks if he can) and free agents that bring the type of work ethic and professionalism that they want to build there.

I'd also expect to see a few ex-Patriots there in a year or two, to try to help lead the way for your very young roster.

Should we expect an influx of AFC East players/coaches? It seems that his previous high profile players came from all over the NFL, but I'm not that familiar on his recent lower profile FA acquisitions.

Ebolapox
01-13-2009, 11:41 PM
He's poised to be a 6th rounder.

Surely Pioli will turn him into a franchise super bowl QB.

I know who the hell hunter CANTwell is. you typed hunter caldwell.

RedThat
01-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Colvin and Adalius Thomas.

They also went hard after Derrick Mason early in FA, but he wanted to be with the Ravens instead.

It's not that they don't chase the big names, it's that they don't want to pay more than what THEY think is market. If other teams are throwing silly money around, then they will sit on the sidelines until that is over and see who is left.

Thats a smart way of doing business.