PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mort says Herm will be gone...

CanadaKC
01-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Per his ESPN chat today...sorry if repost

ChiTown
01-14-2009, 01:02 PM

and Water is Wet

;)

Kylo Ren
01-14-2009, 01:04 PM
and Water is Wet

;)

But Gretz says he deserves a 2nd chance! :doh!:

the Talking Can
01-14-2009, 01:05 PM
hooray!

Crush
01-14-2009, 01:06 PM

It should be noted that Gretz has still not washed off the Carl spooge on his face.

RedThat
01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
It should be noted that Gretz has still not washed off the Carl spooge on his face.

Over my dead Pioli he will;)

Brock
01-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Chris Mortensen: Herm will be gone if Kirk Ferentz decides to leave Iowa but there's no indication that will happen. Now that Josh McDaniels has been sntached up by Denver, it's always possible Pioli will let Herm coach in '09 to set up his operation, evaluate everything and then determine the future in 2010. I don't know about Kuharich. Usually, they keep the personnel staff in place through the draft, under these circumstances.

KCrockaholic
01-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Chris Mortensen: Herm will be gone if Kirk Ferentz decides to leave Iowa but there's no indication that will happen. Now that Josh McDaniels has been sntached up by Denver, it's always possible Pioli will let Herm coach in '09 to set up his operation, evaluate everything and then determine the future in 2010. I don't know about Kuharich. Usually, they keep the personnel staff in place through the draft, under these circumstances.

F***in S***! Next season will be hard to watch if Herm is still here. maybe he can be assassinated? anybody know a hitman?

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Just saw the ESPN report from Michael Smith that says not so fast

Hootie
01-14-2009, 01:14 PM
I think everyone was pretty happy with Herm & Co. after the draft last season...maybe they can put together another gem and at least we have Pioli...this isn't an overnight process...one more year of Herm isn't EVEN close to as bad as one more year of Herm and Carl...we're on the right track. Everyone needs to calm down...have trust in the new GM.

Fire Me Boy!
01-14-2009, 01:15 PM

blueballs
01-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Even Carl was doubtful that HE should keep his job

dirk digler
01-14-2009, 01:21 PM
Just saw the ESPN report from Michael Smith that says not so fast

Not so fast on what?

alpha_omega
01-14-2009, 01:23 PM
I was wondering where Mort was on all this. Seems like Smith is the only ESPN guy we have heard from until now.

BigRedChief
01-14-2009, 01:23 PM
And Michael Smith and Nick at WPI says Hern is staying.

StcChief
01-14-2009, 01:24 PM
I think everyone was pretty happy with Herm & Co. after the draft last season...maybe they can put together another gem and at least we have Pioli...this isn't an overnight process...one more year of Herm isn't EVEN close to as bad as one more year of Herm and Carl...we're on the right track. Everyone needs to calm down...have trust in the new GM.

again depends on who is available and Pioli wants, sells to Clark.

noa
01-14-2009, 01:27 PM
ESPN is all over the place on this

FringeNC
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
You'd think Pioli would know by now whether Ferentz is prepared to leave. No way they haven't been discussing this the past week and a half.

milkman
01-14-2009, 01:31 PM

I was happy with the draft.
I give Herman fucking Edwards and Bill Kuharich credit for running a good draft.

I was happy with the decision to blow up the roster and start a rebuild.
I give Herman fucking Edwards props for initiating the action.

However, I have never liked Herman fucking Edwards as the man in charge of the product on the field, and have no desire to see him in KC for one second longer.

Fire the fucking idiot and bring in a new HC now, and start building the team in his image.

DeezNutz
01-14-2009, 01:35 PM
6-26. This deserves at least 3 more years.

What the fuck is there to debate? Only in Kansas City can a coach completely shit himself and some parts of the fanbase will consider the possibility of keeping him. Not me.

Get the fuck out. Take your fucking excuse making ass and get the fuck out.

JuicesFlowing
01-14-2009, 01:42 PM
And when did Mortimer become the all-knowing-end-all source?

HemiEd
01-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Herm is a record setting coach, all the bad ones, for a 48 year old team. Get him gone already, now! These young players need proper coaching, before he ruins them.

DeezNutz
01-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Herm is a record setting coach, all the bad ones, for a 48 year old team. Get him gone already, now! These young players need proper coaching, before he ruins them.

No, no. He's 54-74 for his career. Below .500 in NY and in KC, but he's about to turn it around.

Fuck. Me.

Some people don't have a clue.

MGRS13
01-14-2009, 01:50 PM

Oh good we can get pioli in the chiefs mindset of set yourself back a year. Year after year. WooWoo

Hootie
01-14-2009, 01:53 PM
I was happy with the draft.
I give Herman ****ing Edwards and Bill Kuharich credit for running a good draft.

I was happy with the decision to blow up the roster and start a rebuild.
I give Herman ****ing Edwards props for initiating the action.

However, I have never liked Herman ****ing Edwards as the man in charge of the product on the field, and have no desire to see him in KC for one second longer.

Fire the ****ing idiot and bring in a new HC now, and start building the team in his image.

I would be thrilled with a new head coach, no doubt...new system...new everything...but if that doesn't happen it still isn't going to bring me down off the high I am on right now after the Chiefs just landed Pioli.

Lex Luthors
01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
It took Carl Peterson two weeks after he was named Chiefs GM in 1988 to fire Frank Gansz. If Pioli waits two weeks before he fires Herm, I'm good with that, as long as he fires his ass.

CupidStunt
01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
You guys worry too much. Admittedly these reports get me to click and think, "Get out," but ultimately I know Herm is done and Pioli is going to do EXACTLY what we all know he came here to do -- build a championship team in HIS IMAGE.

penchief
01-14-2009, 01:59 PM
one more year of Herm isn't EVEN close to as bad as one more year of Herm and Carl...we're on the right track. Everyone needs to calm down...have trust in the new GM.

It is if it means one more year of Gunther, too.

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Not so fast on what?

On thinking Herm is gone.

Donger
01-14-2009, 02:03 PM

Okay, but he say when?

Brock
01-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Okay, but he say when?

His exact words are posted in this thread. It doesn't really say anything.

CaliforniaChief
01-14-2009, 02:14 PM
I personally think it's time to sweep out the entire staff.

But he's the man we all wanted (or almost all), and now we trust his leadership and let him do what he wants to do. Let him figure out the coaching landscape and what he wants to do. I don't need to hear Herm's gone today to enjoy Pioli's hiring.

CanadaKC
01-14-2009, 02:14 PM
I apologize as I was over-excited reading Mort's comments from my cellphone. All I read was "Herm will be gone"....then I didn't scroll down any further to read Mort's following remarks. Uopn further review...I owe ChiefsPlanet an apology.

penchief
01-14-2009, 02:18 PM
The only way I see Edwards staying is if he cedes authority over the coaching staff. There is no way Edwards stays if it means Gunther stays, too. There is no way Pioli will subject himself to a Gunther coached defense. No way.

Fat Elvis
01-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I hope he makes them twist in the wind like they did to Chiefs fans these past seasons...see how it feels, bitches?

lazepoo
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
With all of these Herm firing threads and the emptiness in my breast following the retirement of the Pioli megathread, maybe we can combine all of the Herm threads. It would be like Voltron but with more gibberish.