PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Bradford expected to return to OU (ESPN)

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Just watching ESPN's College Football Live, and Joe Schad has reported that Sam Bradford has scheduled a PC for this afternoon (4:30 CST) and is expected to return to OU.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3832957

RustShack
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah I said this a couple hours ago in another thread :p

DeezNutz
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
One less bullet in the chamber for the pistol.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Also said that while Sanchez loves being at USC, the scouts love him, and he's likely to enter the draft.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah I said this a couple hours ago in another thread :p

Really?

With all the QB talk, I'm shocked you didn't start a new thread.

Sam Hall
01-14-2009, 02:35 PM
I was looking forward to OU getting the brass boot next year:(

milkman
01-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Also said that while Sanchez loves being at USC, the scouts love him, and he's likely to enter the draft.

Damn, this is shaping up to be an outstanding potential offseason for the Chiefs.

RUSH
01-14-2009, 02:36 PM
That's a relief. I think Sanchez comes out now

eazyb81
01-14-2009, 02:36 PM
Like him or not, it's always better to have more talent available in the draft.

RustShack
01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
The Chiefs are basically guaranteed to land Stafford or Sanchez and we no longer have to worry about Bustford. It just keeps getting better and better!

The Franchise
01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Stafford or Sanchez....here we come!

smittysbar
01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
That sucks.

Question for you guys. Hardly anyone has Bradford ranked above Stafford on here, but when you watch ESPN, or NFL Network they all say he would have been the top QB in the draft.

Is it a little strange?

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 02:40 PM
That sucks.

Question for you guys. Hardly anyone has Bradford ranked above Stafford on here, but when you watch ESPN, or NFL Network they all say he would have been the top QB in the draft.

Is it a little strange?

Those same outlets all said that Brian Brohm would be a high pick as well.

My guess is that Bradford didn't get the response he thought he'd get from the advisory council/scouts.

DeezNutz
01-14-2009, 02:40 PM
The Chiefs are basically guaranteed to land Stafford or Sanchez and we no longer have to worry about Bustford. It just keeps getting better and better!

No chance of St. Louis fucking this up?

What about St. Louisians? Is this the word from the land of the arch?

DaKCMan AP
01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
That sucks.

Is it a little strange?

By ESPN? No. ESPN pimps the teams & players they show. Georgia = SEC = CBS.

RustShack
01-14-2009, 02:42 PM

"Experts" talk about QB's going one two about every year, and it NEVER happens. This year wont be an exception, especially when the Rams had such a hard on for Jake Long last year and already have a huge contract at the QB position.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 02:42 PM

Actually, there's a lot of talk of taking Stafford, and sitting him for a year until Bulger's cap hit is more manageable. They could get away with it, since Stafford is still really young. (Turns 21 in 3 weeks)

Realistically, they should take Oher or Smith and either cut or trade Pace. He's really declined as of late, and can't stay healthy.

smittysbar
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Those same outlets all said that Brian Brohm would be a high pick as well.

My guess is that Bradford didn't get the response he thought he'd get from the advisory council/scouts.

They were saying that it may have been Bradford not wanting to play in Detroit.

The Franchise
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Actually, there's a lot of talk of taking Stafford, and sitting him for a year until Bulger's cap hit is more manageable. They could get away with it, since Stafford is still really young. (Turns 21 in 3 weeks)

Fucking RAMS!!!!!1 :cuss::cuss::cuss:

smittysbar
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Well let's pray for Sanchez to come out, if he doesn't, we are in a bad spot IMO

RustShack
01-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Bradford = media hype from high numbers behind great line in spread offense

Demonpenz
Lions are going to suck shit again next year, bradford better play shitty either on purpose or just because if he doesn't want to play for the lions

DJ's left nut
No chance of St. Louis ****ing this up?

Fans hate Marc Bulger; they hate Alex Barron more. They also recognize that the ink on Bulger's contract just dried and they'd be in cap hell if they cut bait on him already. 590 in STL seems to think they'll take Andre Smith, but with no HC on board, it's next to impossible to say.

Fan sentiment seems to be in favor of going after a LT to shift Pace over to RT (and Barron to guard, if not the street) is the way to go. I can't say that I disagree with them. There's no way Bulger just forgot how to play the position. He's still a very accurate QB with a good 3-5 years left in him. I expect them to go Oline as well.

I still wish Bradford would've come out as it would shift everyone down one more slot, even if we don't take him in the 1st, maybe his selection later would shake someone loose for our 2nd rounder (Mack? I still don't see how he makes it to us currently).

OnTheWarpath15

Not buying that.

He could always make Elway/Manning-like demands, and still get paid.

Plus, there's absolutely no guarantee that Detroit would have taken him. If that's his line of thinking, the I understand EXACTLY why scouts may not have liked him.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Fans hate Marc Bulger; they hate Alex Barron more. They also recognize that the ink on Bulger's contract just dried and they'd be in cap hell if they cut bait on him already. 590 in STL seems to think they'll take Andre Smith, but with no HC on board, it's next to impossible to say.

Fan sentiment seems to be in favor of going after a LT to shift Pace over to RT (and Barron to guard, if not the street) is the way to go. I can't say that I disagree with them. There's no way Bulger just forgot how to play the position. He's still a very accurate QB with a good 3-5 years left in him. I expect them to go Oline as well.

I still wish Bradford would've come out as it would shift everyone down one more slot, even if we don't take him in the 1st, maybe his selection later would shake someone loose for our 2nd rounder (Mack? I still don't see how he makes it to us currently).

That pretty much sums it up.

Do you live here?

DeezNutz
01-14-2009, 02:47 PM

Realistically, they should take Oher or Smith and either cut or trade Pace. He's really declined as of late, and can't stay healthy.

That's what I'm thinking, too.

I know Bulger is getting a ton of $, but high-quality organizations are going to look long term, and I can't see many organizations pass on a legit QBOTF, unless they have one (and a young one at that) on the roster.

Let's hope, however, the Rams' OL need somehow trumps all.

RUSH
01-14-2009, 02:48 PM

I doubt that is the reason. Who wouldn't want to throw the ball to Calvin Johnson?

DeezNutz
01-14-2009, 02:48 PM

This is a good take.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 02:49 PM
I doubt that is the reason. Who wouldn't want to throw the ball to Calvin Johnson?

And make $70M doing it.

the Talking Can
01-14-2009, 02:52 PM

i'm inclined to believe this

DJ's left nut
01-14-2009, 02:58 PM
That pretty much sums it up.

Do you live here?

Columbia. I follow the sports scene primarily for Cardinals news.

I spend roughly 2 mornings a week in court down in the area (City, County, Jeffco, St. Charles, St. Francois, etc...). BSing with misc. court personnel and/or listening to sports radio down there is where I get most of my info. I just found a new station today, 101.1 ESPN radio. They were pretty mediocre this morning, but I'm not a fan of Brian Burwell so that's probably why.

Great Expectations
01-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Sanchez doesn't have the best arrest history:

sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2423430
(it won't let me link it, but you can copy and paste)

Just sayin......

The Franchise
01-14-2009, 03:00 PM

Just sayin......

It's not like he punches babies or something.

DJ's left nut
01-14-2009, 03:01 PM

I'm not. The 1st overall pick is always going to play for a lousy team. The Dolphins were a once every 25 years exception. For that matter, the Lions will probably be going #1 again next season.

What's he going to do, tank next season in an effort to drop a few slots? The difference between #1 overall money and even #6-8 money is pretty huge, especially for a QB. I can't imagine he'd be that selective about which lousy team he plays for. If he thought he were going to the Lions, I think he'd be in the draft for sure.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Columbia. I follow the sports scene primarily for Cardinals news.

I spend roughly 2 mornings a week in court down in the area (City, County, Jeffco, St. Charles, St. Francois, etc...). BSing with misc. court personnel and/or listening to sports radio down there is where I get most of my info. I just found a new station today, 101.1 ESPN radio. They were pretty mediocre this morning, but I'm not a fan of Brian Burwell so that's probably why.

Yeah, they entered the fray on the 1st.

Not sure how 3 stations are going to survive in STL, but they have some good hosts on in the afternoon.

And IMO, Burwell should stick to writing.

Brock
01-14-2009, 03:04 PM

Just sayin......

he said she said, irrelevant.

Red Dawg
01-14-2009, 03:04 PM
What a sissy. He will probably get hurt and never get drafted. Projected as a top five pick and he's going back to school? It's not like he can't still finish his education if he went into the draft.

Dumbass QB

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 03:06 PM

Just sayin......

Just saying what?

That he was arrested over a bogus story in which some girl's mother called the cops?

He was never charged, the cops made a few calls and realized the story was BS.

Case closed.

Red Dawg
01-14-2009, 03:09 PM

If that's why he stays at OU then he is a stupid idiot.

I think he's just a chicken shit pure and simple.

eazyb81
01-14-2009, 03:10 PM
If that's why he stays at OU then he is a stupid idiot.

I think he's just a chicken shit pure and simple.

Yeah, he's a "chicken shit" for not coming out after his RS sophomore season.

He's also a "dumbass" even though he's a 3.95 GPA finance major.

:rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 03:12 PM
Yeah, he's a "chicken shit" for not coming out after his RS sophomore season.

He's also a "dumbass" even though he's a 3.95 GPA finance major.

:rolleyes:

In all fairness, if he was going back to school for no other reason (as the poster you quoted implied) than worry about playing for Detroit and being the #1 pick, then I'm sorry, but he's a dumbass.

Disclaimer: See my post above. This rumor is BS, IMO.

B_Ambuehl
01-14-2009, 03:14 PM

Is it a little strange?

All of the scouting reports I've seen that were done by scouts and not media have had Bradford rated ahead of Stafford. It would've been interesting had Bradford ended up in KC with his Indian heritage.

eazyb81
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
In all fairness, if he was going back to school for no other reason (as the poster you quoted implied) than worry about playing for Detroit and being the #1 pick, then I'm sorry, but he's a dumbass.

Disclaimer: See my post above. This rumor is BS, IMO.'

In all fairness, it's insane to think he made this decision because he didn't want to play for Detroit. He could have easily pulled an Eli and said he wouldn't play for them.

However, if he didn't want to play for that franchise, I sure as hell wouldn't blame him. That's arguably the worst franchise in professional sports.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 03:17 PM
'

In all fairness, it's insane to think he made this decision because he didn't want to play for Detroit. He could have easily pulled an Eli and said he wouldn't play for them.

Exactly what I said earlier.

There's no way a kid is going to pass up being a Top 5 pick in the NFL Draft, making $50M+ unless he's been told he's NOT going to be a Top 5 pick.

Then again, it IS Oklahoma. Maybe he's getting a piece of a Lexus dealership.

Great Expectations
01-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Just saying what?

That he was arrested over a bogus story in which some girl's mother called the cops?

He was never charged, the cops made a few calls and realized the story was BS.

Case closed.

How do you know if it was bogus or not? Why did the girl's mom call the cops? He didn't have any money at the time, was she a Notre Dame fan or something?

I have no idea of what happened other than he was arrested for sexual harassment, and the charges were later dropped. Either way it is a red flag that should be looked into when getting ready invest a very high draft pick on him.

ChiefsCountry
01-14-2009, 03:46 PM
How do you know if it was bogus or not? Why did the girl's mom call the cops? He didn't have any money at the time, was she a Notre Dame fan or something?

I have no idea of what happened other than he was arrested for sexual harassment, and the charges were later dropped. Either way it is a red flag that should be looked into when getting ready invest a very high draft pick on him.

Its water under the bridge. It got thrown out. Everything out of Los Angeles is that is he fine.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 03:48 PM

So anyone who's been arrested on what turns out to be BS charges incurs a red flag?

You'd think this country would have learned something from the Duke Lacrosse case.

Innocent until proven guilty.

Chiefnj2
01-14-2009, 03:51 PM
From what I had read, it was sexual assault, not harassment. It was a he said/she said where his roomates (Cushing and some others) gave statements favorable to Sanchez. The school made him take some rape counseling classes and he's been clean since.

Crybaby Power
01-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I hop to freckin God we don't draft Stafford with the first pick. That would be an utterly stupid thing to do.

Tribal Warfare
01-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I hop to freckin God we don't draft Stafford with the first pick. That would be an utterly stupid thing to do.

Why? If Pioli likes him, he pretty much must be damn good in his eyes

Crybaby Power
01-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Why? If Pioli likes him, he pretty much must be damn good in his eyes

Everything I've seen in Stafford is non impressive. Probably the worst QB projected in the first rd the last few seasons. Bradford is much better.

Just because of what he did in NE doesn't mean he can do in KC.

Everybody who's left BB has done crappy. Just sayin'

We don't know really how the Pats ran things, we can only speculate and guess.

I'm glad we got him, but seriously a monkey can run this thing better than Herm n Carl.

Shag
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM

Dimitroff.

Tribal Warfare
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Everything I've seen in Stafford is non impressive. Probably the worst QB projected in the first rd the last few seasons. Bradford is much better.

Just because of what he did in NE doesn't mean he can do in KC.

Pioli helped bulid the Patriots every bit as much as Belichick did , just sayin.

If Pioli likes Stafford odds are he'll be a stud

ChiefsCountry
01-14-2009, 04:08 PM

And why would it?

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 04:23 PM
810 is carrying the Bradford press conference, for any of you who would like to hear it.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 04:30 PM
It's official.

DeezNutz
01-14-2009, 04:30 PM
It's official. He's going back to OU.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
He's Staying.

3:31pm.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-14-2009, 04:32 PM
He's Staying.

3:31pm.

Here comes Mark. Oh it's ON NOW, Bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Laz
dammit

the value of our pick just dropped

be harder to even trade down now

The Franchise
Tebow vs. Bradford II

OnTheWarpath15
"This is where my heart is."

Translated:

"My heart would have been in the NFL if they thought I was a top pick."

Direckshun
01-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Wow, was not expecting Bradford to pull out.

Er.... you know what I mean.

Carlota's sexy football talk's got me all flustered.

Crybaby Power
"This is where my heart is."

Translated:

"My heart would have been in the NFL if they thought I was a top pick."

:spock:

OnTheWarpath15
dammit

the value of our pick just dropped

be harder to even trade down now

No, it didn't.

If he was told he was going to be a Top 5 pick, this press conference would have been him declaring.

Why would someone trade up for someone that is going to be there later?

nychief
now he can work on his acne and being able to play under center.

PunkinDrublic
01-14-2009, 04:34 PM
This place is going to have a fucking meltdown if Stafford goes to the Lambs. Yeah I know I'm really going out on a limb in my predictions.

Chiefnj2
01-14-2009, 04:34 PM
If he was told he was going to be a Top 5 pick, this press conference would have been him declaring.

Pure speculation on your part.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Pure speculation on your part.

Speculation, and common fucking sense.

The Franchise
01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
He was just asked "Was there a certain pick that if they told you that you were going there....would you have gone to the draft? Say like 5 or 8."

Bradford: "No."

Reporter: "What about if you went #3?"

Bradford: "Ummm....no probably not."

Translation = "Fuck the Chiefs...they suck."

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Gresham returning as well.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
He was just asked "Was there a certain pick that if they told you that you were going there....would you have gone to the draft? Say like 5 or 8."

Bradford: "No."

Reporter: "What about if you went #3?"

Bradford: "Ummm....no probably not."

Translation = "Fuck the Chiefs...they suck."

I like the part where he said, "To be honest with you, no."

To be honest with you = I'm lying my ass off.

nychief
How much did he get paid I wonder?

smittysbar
No, it didn't.

Why would someone trade up for someone that is going to be there later?

You are speculating, and most believe he would have been a top pick.

OnTheWarpath15
How much did he get paid I wonder?

Ownership in a Lexus dealership.

nychief
01-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Ownership in a Lexus dealership.

This is your Manager... Rhett Bomar.

OU is back...

Looks like they are going lose in another BCS game next year.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Seems like I struck a nerve with the pro-Bradford folks...

If you guys want to live in a fantasy world where this kid came back to school for the "competition" and to "be with his teammates" then go right ahead.

Chiefnj2
01-14-2009, 04:41 PM

If you guys want to live in a fantasy world where this kid came back to school for the "competition" and to "be with his teammates" then go right ahead.

You didn't strike a nerve, as I always said the kid should go back to schook, but it's obvious you don't like him and you are going to rag on him no matter what.

smittysbar
01-14-2009, 04:44 PM

No problem at all, but you are speculating, and it seems the consensus that he was a top pick, you can admit that, no?

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 04:45 PM
You didn't strike a nerve, as I always said the kid should go back to schook, but it's obvious you don't like him and you are going to rag on him no matter what.

I have no problem with the kid.

But he's the 3rd best QB on this list:

Stafford
Sanchez
Bradford

So no, I don't think he was worthy of a Top 5 pick. Disliking the kid is quite a reach, especially considering I have no dog in the fight and don't have any rooting interest for a B12 team - or any other, for that matter.

I guess calling it as I see it equals I don't like him and am going out of my way to rag on him.

The Franchise
01-14-2009, 04:46 PM
No problem at all, but you are speculating, and it seems the consensus that he was a top pick, you can admit that, no?

I think he was a consensus top 10 pick due to stats alone.

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 04:47 PM

The consensus by who?

The guy who runs Walter Football?

All the guys that had Brian Brohm as a sure-fire Top 5 pick, only to see him start freefalling once actual scouts started tearing apart his film?

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 04:48 PM
I think he was a consensus top 10 pick due to stats alone.

THIS.

smittysbar
01-14-2009, 04:51 PM
But he's the 3rd best QB on this list:

Stafford
Sanchez
Bradford

To you and me, but seems alot of people don't agree, just sayin

smittysbar
01-14-2009, 04:52 PM
The consensus by who?

All the guys that had Brian Brohm as a sure-fire Top 5 pick, only to see him start freefalling once actual scouts started tearing apart his film?

If I remember correctly, they didn't have him as top 5 after the season.

PunkinDrublic
01-14-2009, 04:54 PM
This is your Manager... Rhett Bomar.

OU is back...

Looks like they are going lose in another BCS game next year.

A couple of years ago me and a buddy were going to sell Rhett Bomar Automotive T-shirts during the annual Texas OU game. Like many ideas that come up while drinking we never followed through.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-14-2009, 05:01 PM
The consensus by who?

Sung to the tune of Boomer-Sooner.

And-a 1, 2, 3!

Get your ass nowwwwwwwwww
Back to class now,
Get your ass nowwwwwwwwww
Back to class now,

I know that youuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Will beat MU,
I don't give-a fuck
That's-cool, you're not a CHIEEEEEEEF!

Bada-lop bop-bop,
Bada-lop bop-bop,