PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli could fire Edwards in KC as early as Wednesday

ziggysocki
01-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Saw it on yahoo sports

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 am EST
Pioli could fire Edwards in KC as early as Wednesday

Scott Pioli, 43, will have the final say over all football matters for the Kansas City Chiefs and report directly to owner Clark Hunt. Their first joint decision will be whether to retain coach Herm Edwards and his staff. Edwards was unavailable for comment, but he had not been told he had been fired, the Kansas City Star reported.

As news of Pioli's hiring reached Edwards, he told his assistants they were free to leave for the rest of the afternoon but were expected back in the office this morning.

At least two coaches, who did not wish to be identified, said they expected Edwards and the staff to be fired as soon as today.

Pioli's hiring fills half of the job vacated by Peterson. The Chiefs also will hire a president to handle business matters. A source who asked to remain anonymous said that job would soon be given to Denny Thum, the Chiefs' longtime executive vice president and currently the interim president and general manager.

Source: Kansas City Star

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Pioli-could-fire-Edwards-in-KC-as-early-as-Wedne?urn=nfl,134283

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 03:31 PM
I could also take a 3 pound shit in the next 20 minutes and name it Herm.

I'll be glad when all this is over and done with, and every rumor imaginable doesn't have it's own thread.

talastan
01-14-2009, 03:34 PM
Yep whether Herm is fired or not, it'll be nice to finely begin the offseason. Evalutating players, draft picks, FAs, listening to Mecca tell us all about his superior draft knowledge. Hootie arguing back and Hamas telling all of us to kill yourself/Hamas. ;)

DeezNutz
01-14-2009, 03:35 PM

I'll be glad when all this is over and done with, and every rumor imaginable doesn't have it's own thread.

Dang. What did you eat?

Agent V
01-14-2009, 03:35 PM

I DID that.

RealSNR
01-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Not likely at all. I hear you're going to name it either Kirk, Jim, or Steve.

chiefforlife

"Bacon Explosion"

Donger
"Could," eh? I suppose they could have added "or could not" and rounded out this masterpiece.

MikeMaslowski
01-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Well Jim Rome said so too... He's smart right? :)
And romey said the Chiefs were the best 2-14 team he's seen.
And thiggys job is in jeopardy.
And probably no playoffs this or next year.
I wanna see that video of that guy knocking his ass over in that interview again... funny as hell

off the subject... what EtHnIcIty is rome? just curious.

and this appears to be yet another "fire herm" thread.. it excites me on the inside parts

milkman
01-14-2009, 03:42 PM
off the subject... what race is rome? just curious.

The rumor is human, though I have my doubts.

MikeMaslowski
01-14-2009, 03:44 PM
excuse me... damn booze....

FMP

OnTheWarpath15
01-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Dang. What did you eat?

Not likely at all. I hear you're going to name it either Kirk, Jim, or Steve.

"Bacon Explosion"

ROFL

Dave Lane
01-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Yep whether Herm is fired or not, it'll be nice to finely begin the offseason. Evalutating players, draft picks, FAs, listening to Mecca tell us all about his superior draft knowledge. Hootie arguing back and Hamas telling all of us to kill yourself/Hamas. ;)

It does have some possibilities! And we need that next 1st step though...

Psyko Tek
01-14-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm thinking Rome is a douche

I don't know if that is a race, creed, or color though

StcChief
01-14-2009, 05:28 PM
the interview with Jim Everett (dumb F Rome called him "Chris" one too many times)... is exactly just short of what that Douche deserved. A complete a$$ kicking.

Rain Man
01-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Are we there yet?

ArrowheadHawk
01-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Edwards is not getting fired today. Tomorow is a new day though.

whoman69
01-14-2009, 06:18 PM
I'll put the popcorn away then.

blueballs
01-14-2009, 06:21 PM
You people name your turds
and probably name your cum
ah shit and or oh fuck

FloridaMan88
01-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Herm is like the Ebola Virus... JESUS CHRIST GO AWAY ALREADY

bdeg
01-14-2009, 06:50 PM
He probably wouldn't accept the position, but I wouldn't mind seeing Herm as our DB coach. Especially if ours is signed by another team, believe he is interviewing.

milkman
01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
He probably wouldn't accept the position, but I wouldn't mind seeing Herm as our DB coach. Especially if ours is signed by another team, believe he is interviewing.

Fuck that.

I want Herman fucking Edwards gone.

He can't get far enough away.

bdeg
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
I completely understand your position. It may be harder for the new coach to establish a new mentality with him on board. But if he's not calling plays or interfering he could be an asset, the man knows defensive backs.

FloridaMan88
01-14-2009, 07:30 PM
I completely understand your position. It may be harder for the new coach to establish a new mentality with him on board. But if he's not calling plays or interfering he could be an asset, the man knows defensive backs.

Herm is like a parasite, a virus, a plague, he must be removed and exiled as far away from this franchise as possible.

I would advocate airlifting him to Mongolia.

Rain Man
01-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Are we there yet?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Fuck that.

I want Herman fucking Edwards gone.

He can't get far enough away.

When you combine the known benefits of reaping the "Edwards Curse"( wherever Herm leaves, great things follow )with 20 years of post-CP Karma, we could very well end up in the Super Bowl next year!:evil:

58-4ever
01-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Are we there yet?

I'll turn this car around! And we will never get to FireHermLand!!

Reerun_KC
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Well its still Wednesday and the franchise is still stuck in 2nd Gear....

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Well its still Wednesday and the franchise is still stuck in 2nd Gear....

Jesus Christ man; The guy has barely unpacked his shaving kit! You think you're the ONLY person who want's Herm gone at any and all cost?!?!

At least I have the common decency not to make my fellow forum members look at his "dumbassery captured in still" countenance every time I post!

Do you think I enjoy looking at TTC's "Throw Mama From The Train" Herm-Hairlip 500 fucking times a day?!?!?

I want the SOB gone yesterday!

But I'll give Pioli time for this because I KNOW it's going to happen!

CHILL!

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 09:38 AM
Tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest, hopefully.

Agent V
01-19-2009, 09:45 AM
I think Clark and Scott read this board and stall announcements just to torture us.

kc rush
01-19-2009, 09:56 AM
I hope we hear something soon. My gut feeling is that we may have something leaked this afternoon and official announcements tomorrow. Clark and Pioli seem to be good NFL guys who don't want to take away from what is going on on the field. I'm guessing they are letting the media take their turn discussing yesterday's games before releasing any news that would take away from those discussions.

No sources, just guesses.

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Are there any canidates left to even replace Herm with? Jesus it seems everyone is getting their shit together...

Fire Me Boy!
01-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Are there any canidates left to even replace Herm with? Jesus it seems everyone is getting their shit together...

An old Reebok would be breaking even.

philfree
01-19-2009, 10:13 AM
Shouldn't Pioli and Herm be heading to Mobile for Sr Bowl week? If Herms not going then I would think that's the writing on the wall.

PhilFree:arrow:

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 10:15 AM

Len Dawson!

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Len Dawson!

http://www.utopia.com.au/sections/toys/images/13.uncle_rico.jpg

Bugeater
01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
If Herm survives this week I gotta think he's coming back.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2009, 10:21 AM

I think it's interesting that we hear of Ferentz in discussions about an extension, but we still have not heard any official confirmation. It sounds like the next bet is for the Chiefs to look into a guy like Ron Rivera, though I don't know that the guy is head coach material. And then you have Shanahan.

Apart from that, you know, while I can sit and cry in my cheerios about top-notch candidates like Spagnuolo or Schwartz or Rex Ryan, there's also another part of me that believes that they might be overhyped. Maybe that's just my way of coping with the idea that we won't be getting those guys. But when you look back in recent history, how many successful coaches have there been that were first-time coaches who were the "hot commodity" on the market in that given year? Ken Whisenhunt is one of the few that I've seen.

It seems like it's becoming popular to find a positions coach to leapfrog the coordinator position and become head coach. Guys like Andy Reid and Harbaugh and Sparano did it. I think that again circles back to the point that it doesn't matter how football smart your head coach is if you can surround him with outstanding coordinators. So if you can forget the coordinating experience and the X's and O's argument, I bet there are a ton of good candidates on the market out there. The bigger, challenge, in my opinion, is finding good X's and O's coordinators underneath them.

Gonzo
01-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Ok gang...

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 10:24 AM
I think it's interesting that we hear of Ferentz in discussions about an extension, but we still have not heard any official confirmation. It sounds like the next bet is for the Chiefs to look into a guy like Ron Rivera, though I don't know that the guy is head coach material. And then you have Shanahan.

Apart from that, you know, while I can sit and cry in my cheerios about top-notch candidates like Spagnuolo or Schwartz or Rex Ryan, there's also another part of me that believes that they might be overhyped. Maybe that's just my way of coping with the idea that we won't be getting those guys. But when you look back in recent history, how many successful coaches have there been that were first-time coaches who were the "hot commodity" on the market in that given year? Ken Whisenhunt is one of the few that I've seen.

It seems like it's becoming popular to find a positions coach to leapfrog the coordinator position and become head coach. Guys like Andy Reid and Harbaugh and Sparano did it. I think that again circles back to the point that it doesn't matter how football smart your head coach is if you can surround him with outstanding coordinators. So if you can forget the coordinating experience and the X's and O's argument, I bet there are a ton of good candidates on the market out there. The bigger, challenge, in my opinion, is finding good X's and O's coordinators underneath them.

:clap:

Very solid post....

Who hijacked your account this am?

CoMoChief
01-19-2009, 10:26 AM
I think Clark and Scott read this board and stall announcements just to torture us.

Doesn't torture me. I go on with my daily life just fine without knowing 1st hand who the next head on the chopping block is.

Micjones
01-19-2009, 10:45 AM

Rivera has said that he will return to his post next season in San Diego.

Spagnuolo's still out there isn't he?
And Shanahan...

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Rivera has said that he will return to his post next season in San Diego.

Spagnuolo's still out there isn't he?
And Shanahan...

Spag signed with St Louis.

tooge
01-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Well, Clark has publicly stated now that he wants to go with the Pittsburg model. I am not sure who the coordinators or position coaches are there, but maybe they are waiting to jump on one of the guys from the cards or steelers. I know this, we all wanted Pioli for his incredible knack for talent which has included coaches. We should trust he will do the right thing here. He may have been waiting for a certain guy all along.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 10:52 AM

Don't laugh; it would be an improvement.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 10:59 AM

ROFL Of course, there are plenty of good canidates left. I am pretty impressed with the guy behind the Steelers defense, how about you?

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Doesn't torture me. I go on with my daily life just fine without knowing 1st hand who the next head on the chopping block is.

Same here life still goes on..

But would you buy a Mercedes AMG with a 470 HP motor, bring it home then replace it with a 1974 yugo engine, because you like the engine so much and what is had done for you in the past?

Reerun_KC
ROFL Of course, there are plenty of good canidates left. I am pretty impressed with the guy behind the Steelers defense, how about you?

Very much so....

HemiEd

Yep, I agree.

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Yep, I agree.

:eek:

And he will have to recieve a contract extension....

Shag
01-19-2009, 11:08 AM

LeBeau? He's 71 - I don't think he's in the mix...

bishop_74
01-19-2009, 11:14 AM
:eek:

And he will have to receive a contract extension....

How does that work? He has one year left on his contract as it is. Is that some kind of clause in the agreement?

Brock
01-19-2009, 11:15 AM
How does that work? He has one year left on his contract as it is. Is that some kind of clause in the agreement?

He would have a hard time hiring assistants if they know he's only guaranteed to be there for another year.

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 11:17 AM

No but to sell Herm to the players and fanbase, your going to have to show faith in him and commit to him...

Bringing him in for just one year will cause much fan dissappointment along with a questions surrounding the GM and his decession making...

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 11:19 AM
He would have a hard time hiring assistants if they know he's only guaranteed to be there for another year.

True.... Plus I dont think Pioli would take kindly to insubbordination either...

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 11:19 AM
LeBeau? He's 71 - I don't think he's in the mix...

71? Damn, surprised he can make to work on his own. I would say he is doing a pretty nice job. I don't recall a better defense, maybe the 85 Bears.

Skip Towne
01-19-2009, 11:38 AM
You can't fire Herm on MLK day. Can you?

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 11:38 AM

Yes why not?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
01-19-2009, 11:41 AM
and then you can't do it on Tuesday so looks like Wednesday it is!

blueballs
01-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Is Andy Ried going to be in the mix now

MVChiefFan
You either give Herm an extension and call him your man (please God, NO!) or you give him the boot now. If everyone knows he's just here for one more year it will be a mess. This ain't "Major League" where Herm announces everyone leaves after the season, Brian Waters says, "then there's only one thing left to do...win this mother f*****!" Meanwhile Conner Barth starts a slow clap that erupts into craziness that ends with a Super Bowl victory.

FringeNC
Look at the date on the yahoo post -- it's from last Wednesday. It meant Herm could have been fired as soon as LAST WEDNESDAY.

My guess is he is fired tomorrow.

Micjones
01-19-2009, 11:48 AM

I have a dream...
Fire his ass, fire his ass, please Clark almighty... Fire his ass!

MVChiefFan
01-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I have a dream...

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 11:59 AM

Yes why not?

LMAO

"You can't fire him on Christmas"!

Reerun: "The fuck I can't"!!!

LMAO

CoMoChief
01-19-2009, 12:14 PM

Wow, I want that. Not kidding.

kstater
01-19-2009, 12:16 PM
I thought he could be fired as early as last Friday?

CoMoChief
01-19-2009, 12:17 PM
71? Damn, surprised he can make to work on his own. I would say he is doing a pretty nice job. I don't recall a better defense, maybe the 85 Bears.

I think the 2000 Ravens defense is the best I've ever seen.

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 12:17 PM
Is Andy Ried going to be in the mix now

As a die hard Jayhawk... There is enough buffets in the KC Metro area to support Fatass Ried and Big Twinkie Mangino....

Straight, No Chaser
01-19-2009, 12:20 PM
From a source in Denver: Pioli allows Herm to save face and coach out his contract while the Rat takes a year off to pay off his home via Bowlen $$ and then Pioli hires the Rat next year.

MahiMike
01-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Andy Reid = Marty.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 12:24 PM
From a source in Denver: Pioli allows Herm to save face and coach out his contract whil the Rat takes a year off to pay off his home via Bowlen $$ and the Pioli hires the Rat next year.

Kick Ass!!!

That's dumbassery to the 100th-power TWO TIMES!!! :rolleyes:

Rain Man
01-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Are we there yet?

ziggysocki
01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
From a source in Denver: Pioli allows Herm to save face and coach out his contract while the Rat takes a year off to pay off his home via Bowlen $$ and then Pioli hires the Rat next year.

Herm saving face after previous 2 seasons = impossible

Straight, No Chaser
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Herm saving face after previous 2 seasons = impossible

Yea, you're probably right.

Although the Rat could probably manage beating the Bumco's 2x a year. And he holds a serious grudge --remember Al Davis?

blueballs
01-19-2009, 12:31 PM
When a head coach is fired
is their staff free to be raided

smittysbar
01-19-2009, 12:33 PM
What source????????

chiefqueen
01-19-2009, 12:34 PM
IMO Piolu CAN NOT fire Herm until Wed now. Think of the PR nightmare to fire a black head coach on the same the day the country swears in the first African-American president.

He should have fired Herm over the weelend.

chiefqueen
01-19-2009, 12:36 PM
When a head coach is fired
is their staff free to be raided

We went 2-14 last year, do you really want the staff back?:doh!:

blueballs
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Andy Ried's

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
IMO Piolu CAN NOT fire Herm until Wed now. Think of the PR nightmare to fire a black head coach on the same the day the country swears in the first African-American president.

I'm sorry but there is NO WAY IN HELL that should hold Pioli back from shit-canning Werm Fucking Edwards.

Who in the sports press or ANY press would have the BALLS to call "injustice" in the face of his record.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-19-2009, 01:05 PM
WTF why has he not been fired yet?

88TG88
01-19-2009, 01:08 PM

I think so too

blueballs
01-19-2009, 01:12 PM
If Herm comes back
he will only be a puppet
Pioli will pick all his assistants

go_broncos
01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Herm is a great coach..:clap:

Pioli..please don't fire him..:D

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Herm is a great coach..:clap:

Pioli..please don't fire him..:D

Take YOUR Coach, PLEASE!

SDChief
01-19-2009, 01:18 PM
I have a dream...

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

blueballs
01-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Herm's under contract and good for a sound bite and PR
SP could hire assistants hungry to be a HC and keep HE in line
young and eager willing to take a one year shot

DMAC
01-19-2009, 01:23 PM

Man, Americans like you SUCK....SO MUCH.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 01:52 PM
I think the 2000 Ravens defense is the best I've ever seen.

Yeah, that has to be right there as well.

Chiefs Pantalones
01-19-2009, 01:52 PM
Why does this fucker still have a job?

DMAC
01-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Can I have his sweater vests when he's gone?

Bob Dole
01-19-2009, 02:04 PM

It would make more sense to do it today so it's forgotten after all the Inaugurorgasms tomorrow.

R&GHomer
01-19-2009, 02:11 PM
It would make more sense to do it today so it's forgotten after all the Inaugurorgasms tomorrow.

I wouldn't give two shits if he got canned today. That being said, firing a black head coach on Martin Luther king day would be bad form.

keg in kc
01-19-2009, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't have any issues firing him on MLK day or tomorrow. Holding off on firing an incompetent employee because he's black doesn't really resonate with me as a move based on the content of his character.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, that has to be right there as well.

HELLO?!?!?!?! MCFLY?!?!?!?

PITTSBURGH?!?!?!?!?!

DaWolf
01-19-2009, 02:36 PM
The guys on WHB actually made a good point by pointing out that the longer this goes on, the less sense it makes that the Chiefs would fire Herm, because if Clark and Pioli really are not B.S.ing about the respect they have for Herm, why would you drag it out this long, wait for all the coaching jobs to be snapped up, and then fire him, because in that sense you'd just be screwing the guy over.

Granted, it's a 4 mil screwing over, but nevertheless...

keg in kc
01-19-2009, 02:46 PM
I heard that, but I'm not sure the point isn't overblown. What are the odds that Edwards would get a head coaching job anywhere outside of KC next year with his record over the last 4 years? And why would they let all the coordinators go if they did intend to retain him?

I think there's something going on, I just can't get a read on it. Hopefully it'll make sense in the next week. In any case, I'd imagine they want all this resolved before free agency starts.

(My guess is Herm's taking a year off).

kc rush
01-19-2009, 02:48 PM
The guys on WHB actually made a good point by pointing out that the longer this goes on, the less sense it makes that the Chiefs would fire Herm, because if Clark and Pioli really are not B.S.ing about the respect they have for Herm, why would you drag it out this long, wait for all the coaching jobs to be snapped up, and then fire him, because in that sense you'd just be screwing the guy over.

Granted, it's a 4 mil screwing over, but nevertheless...

I can't think of a time when it wouldn't make sense to fire Herm. They do need to make a decision quickly though so they can set a direction with a whole new coaching staff or fill out the assistant coaching staff under Herm (if he is staying).

My fear is that they would keep/extend Herm, then try and fill out an assistant staff off of the scrap heap as other teams are already pulling together plans/scouting for next year.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 02:48 PM
I heard that, but I'm not sure the point isn't overblown. What are the odds that Edwards would get a head coaching job anywhere outside of KC next year with his record over the last 4 years? And why would they let all the coordinators go if they did intend to retain him?

I think there's something going on, I just can't get a read on it. Hopefully it'll make sense in the next week. In any case, I'd imagine they want all this resolved before free agency starts.

Good takes as usual, but have you considered they may be trying to keep him in the player scouting/development area?

Just sayin, Clark obviously cares about how he treats people and might be trying to come up with a compromise.

kc rush
01-19-2009, 02:51 PM

Yeah, and we'll all have to see his idiot face on the NFL Network or other studio gig. I'll have to turn the channel like I do whenever that mush mouth thannon tharp is on tv.

DaWolf

My guess as well is that he's gone, and I would not totally be shocked if they surprised us all and got a big name to come coach here.

That said, who knows, they may be pulling a DV on Herm and telling him that he could come back if he changes his entire coaching staff. And maybe he's letting these guys explore making lateral moves instead of firing them outright. But the fact that no one is being hired yet to replace the defections so far lead me to believe that they simply have not announced Herm's canning yet...

Chiefs Pantalones
All signs point to him being gone. In the past what made sense the most didn't ever happen for the Chiefs because of who was running things. Pioli is different and will make the right move. It's his first move, and he will not want to be remembered for keeping Herm for a lame duck year, because obviously, the proof is in the works, he can't get the job done. That won't change this year.

If Pioli wants to put his fingerprints on this franchise and make a statement, his first move will be firing Herm and getting his own guy.

RustShack
01-19-2009, 02:56 PM
OR they are holding on to him to help him. If all the other jobs are filled that means he can't find one. Which means he just gets a free vacation to sit back while we honor the rest of his contract.

keg in kc
01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Good takes as usual, but have you considered they may be trying to keep him in the player scouting/development area?

Just sayin, Clark obviously cares about how he treats people and might be trying to come up with a compromise.I meant a year off from coaching, I could see him working in personnel again.

There's been more that a little speculation that he was burnt-out this year. I mean, seriously, if you think losing takes a toll on us, imagine what it does to an NFL coach...

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 03:19 PM
I meant a year off from coaching, I could see him working in personnel again.

There's been more that a little speculation that he was burnt-out this year. I mean, seriously, if you think losing takes a toll on us, imagine what it does to an NFL coach...

When did Herm become an NFL coach? IT took a toll on us, imagine having to wake up and live with your stupid ass self each and every day...

Herm deserves to be Herm and deserves all the toll it takes on him by being Herm...

He could die in a back alley somewhere and would anybody really care?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2009, 03:22 PM
When did Herm become an NFL coach? IT took a toll on us, imagine having to wake up and live with your stupid ass self each and every day...

Herm deserves to be Herm and deserves all the toll it takes on him by being Herm...

He could die in a back alley somewhere and would anybody really care?

Me! I'd be pissed if I was cuttin thru that alley and his lame as corpse was in my way! :D

keg in kc
01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
When did Herm become an NFL coach?Well, ah, I guess it would be when he, ah, started coaching in the NFL.

Or was that rhetorical?

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 03:24 PM
I meant a year off from coaching, I could see him working in personnel again.

That makes sense. I agree, he really has worked hard. Just not very smart. Gunther is a good example of "burnt out walking." I know the signs, I went through it once.

If I was Scott Pioli, I would want a guy that could get the job done, and come back the next day rested, and sharp. But from what I have read, SP puts in a lot of hours himself.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Chiefs Planet, meet Job. Job, meet Chiefs Planet.

http://www.insidesocal.com/godblog/Job.jpg

DaWolf
01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm in the minority here, but my biggest beef with the Chiefs is not actually Herm, it is his coaching staff, especially Gunther. I think the main reason Herm should be fired is because he surrounds himself with incompetent idiots. I think if you gave Herm a Peyton Manning and some excellent assistant coaches, he could be quite similar to his mentor Dungy. The key difference is Dungy knew how to surround himself with good coaches. And Dungy was handed a franchise QB and WR in Indy, which got him over the hump, because I think Dungy, much like Marty, has a hard time putting together a good offensive team from scratch...

keg in kc
01-19-2009, 03:32 PM
That makes sense. I agree, he really has worked hard. Just not very smart. Gunther is a good example of "burnt out walking." I know the signs, I went through it once.Losing takes a toll, and he's done a hell of a lot of it the last four years. I don't feel sorry for him, it's his chosen profession and all, and he hasn't done a good job, but I can certainly understand it if that's where he's at. Speaking as someone who's experienced burnout a time or three in his sad excuse for a life.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm in the minority here, but my biggest beef with the Chiefs is not actually Herm, it is his coaching staff, especially Gunther. I think the main reason Herm should be fired is because he surrounds himself with incompetent idiots. I think if you gave Herm a Peyton Manning and some excellent assistant coaches, he could be quite similar to his mentor Dungy. The key difference is Dungy knew how to surround himself with good coaches. And Dungy was handed a franchise QB and WR in Indy, which got him over the hump, because I think Dungy, much like Marty, has a hard time putting together a good offensive team from scratch...

DEATH TO THE INFIDEL!:cuss:

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 03:41 PM

Dungy never threw others under the bus, and always took the heat himself. He was a true leader of men, not a backstabbing sack of shit.

missinDThomas
01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
more evidence.....

GAILEY, CHUDZINSKI JOIN LINEHAN AS BUCS CANDIDATES
Posted by Josh Alper on January 19, 2009, 3:16 p.m.
While acknowledging that Scott Linehan is considered the strongest candidate to become Raheem Morris’ offensive coordinator, Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times says the Buccaneers are considering other candidates. They plan to speak with Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey and former Browns offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski.

Chudzinski is still a candidate for the job Linehan turned down in San Francisco, but the 49ers are planning to interview more candidates while in Mobile for Senior Week. Gailey joined the Chiefs this season after six years as Georgia Tech’s head coach. He also coached the Cowboys for two seasons in between stints coordinating the offenses for the Cowboys and Dolphins.

Stroud also reports that whoever signs on as coordinator won’t need to fill the running backs coach position. Rich Bisaccia, also the special teams coordinator, is under contract and will remain with the team.

dorseybowe
01-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Why doesn't the Star release this information? They apparently receive inside information about the Chiefs, but websites like Yahoo are ones who create the story and release the information.