PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli and Herms Tampa 2

Reerun_KC
01-16-2009, 10:21 AM
Blah Blah Blah with the Patsification of the Chiefs.. What we should be asking is can Pioli get the right players for the Tampa 2 and Bucsification?

We are in dire need of some LB's, safties and a push from the DL, will Herm and Pioli be able to find those guys and get this defense out of the cellar?

We need at least 2 safeties, 2 LB's and two soild down linemen this off season to make a difference with this defense... Yes I know that is alot to ask for, but we need help and badly...

OnTheWarpath15
01-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Why would Pioli need to get players to fit Herm's system, when he's going to fire Herm in the next 5-7 days?

KCFalcon59
01-16-2009, 10:23 AM
We're so bad on D right now it would be the perfect time to scrap the cover 2. And that means get rid of Herm!

Chiefnj2
01-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Why on earth would anyone want to run the cover 2 as a base defense at this point in time? Why on earth would anyone allow Herm to dictate the defensive philosophy of the team?

Reerun_KC
01-16-2009, 10:29 AM
We're so bad on D right now it would be the perfect time to scrap the cover 2. And that means get rid of Herm!

True, but we havent done that...

There are alot of threads about 3-4 or 4-3, but why not the cover 2?

Can Pioli get the right players that will work with Herm and Herms systems here to make the Tampa 2 successful?

Reerun_KC
01-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Why on earth would anyone want to run the cover 2 as a base defense at this point in time? Why on earth would anyone allow Herm to dictate the defensive philosophy of the team?
Because he is the HC and that is his defense of preference...

Kylo Ren
01-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Blah Blah Blah with the Patsification* of the Chiefs.. What we should be asking is can Pioli get the right players for the Tampa 2 and Bucsification?

We are in dire need of some LB's, safties and a push from the DL, will Herm and Pioli be able to find those guys and get this defense out of the cellar?

We need at least 2 safeties, 2 LB's and two soild down linemen this off season to make a difference with this defense... Yes I know that is alot to ask for, but we need help and badly...

*Coined by John_Wayne on 01/15/09.

Fixed it for you.

Reerun_KC
01-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Fixed it for you.

Please forgive. I will not plagarise again....

Chief Roundup
01-16-2009, 10:46 AM
I disagree about the safeties. We don't need 2 safeties. We might get one late. We do need LB's though. Need new and better coaching on the Defense.

FringeNC
01-16-2009, 10:58 AM
We won't be running the cover-2 or any variant as our base defense.

chiefscafan
01-16-2009, 11:08 AM
safety rashard Johnson from Alabama he is a playmaker much like ED Reed. We could get hi m between rounds 3-5.

beach tribe
01-16-2009, 11:11 AM
safety rashard Johnson from Alabama he is a playmaker much like ED Reed. We could get hi m between rounds 3-5.

You won't be getting a safety like Ed Reed in rnds 3-5.

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2009, 11:16 AM

But he did run a 3-4 in New York with Cottrell. Herm is not an X's and O's coach and he probably relies on his defensive coordinator to run whatever defense he wants anyway.

The Tampa 2 actually does work in the NFL, but you need a lot of creativity behind it. And I'm not convinced anyone has that creativity except Monte Kiffin. So I agree that they need to move away from the Cover 2.

I know a 3-4 will lesser utilize Dorsey's talents, but I still think that's a direction we should move toward.

BigChiefFan
01-16-2009, 11:20 AM
Why would Pioli need to get players to fit Herm's system, when he's going to fire Herm in the next 5-7 days?Pioli will go into the interview process with Herm as open-minded as possible, but once he gets feedback from the coach, he will have ample evidence to show Clark that Herm isn't the right man for the job. We are paying Herm a courtesy by getting his version of the situation, which will also allow Scott a better understanding of what the players were asked to do. I expect Herm will be relieved of his duties fairly quick.

R&GHomer
01-16-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't see us running any kind of a cover 2 D. Herms Defense is a complete failure. I don't see why Herm even want's to be the coach of this team. It's not going to be his any longer regardless of wether he's here or not, no cover 2, the offense is Gailey's or something completely different. just doesn't make any sense. Other than to maybe save face in the hope he can get a future HC gig.

RippedmyFlesh
01-16-2009, 11:35 AM
You won't be getting a safety like Ed Reed in rnds 3-5.
Exactly,if you want the next Reed you have to take 1st safety picked in round 1 and hope.

BigChiefFan
01-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Taylor Mays is staying in school.

smittysbar
01-16-2009, 11:39 AM
But he did run a 3-4 in New York with Cottrell. Herm is not an X's and O's coach and he probably relies on his defensive coordinator to run whatever defense he wants anyway.

The Tampa 2 actually does work in the NFL, but you need a lot of creativity behind it. And I'm not convinced anyone has that creativity except Monte Kiffin. So I agree that they need to move away from the Cover 2.

I know a 3-4 will lesser utilize Dorsey's talents, but I still think that's a direction we should move toward.

So you think it was Gunther that wanted to run the Tampa 2? :spock:

BigChiefFan
01-16-2009, 11:44 AM
safety rashard Johnson from Alabama he is a playmaker much like ED Reed. We could get hi m between rounds 3-5.I had him in my mock draft as a 4th rounder, because we will be picking so high in each round. I also think he's a stud and would be a value pick in the 4th round.

talastan
01-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Blah Blah Blah with the Patsification of the Chiefs.. What we should be asking is can Pioli get the right players for the Tampa 2 and Bucsification?

Stating the possiblity of Herm returning? Who are you and how did you hack Reerun's login?! :spock:

BigChiefFan
01-16-2009, 12:11 PM
We don't even have the right players to run the cover two and the system is flawed, why on Earth would we continue on the road to ruin? Ain't happening-Herm's as good as gone.

MahiMike
01-16-2009, 12:13 PM

Cart...

Horse...

Kerberos
01-16-2009, 12:14 PM

What? You don't like the Cover "WHO" defense?

:D

Reerun_KC
01-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Stating the possiblity of Herm returning? Who are you and how did you hack Reerun's login?! :spock:

Just saying that as a Chiefs fan since the mid 80's, I am used to failure from this franchise, therefore I would expect anything promising anytime soon..

blueballs
01-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Reerun has sworn off sex
until Herm is fired

Reerun_KC
01-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Reerun has sworn off sex
until Herm is fired

He better hurry up and get fired, I picked up a bottle of wine today for Mrs Reerun_KC....

We are going to have some US time tonight..... :D

Chris Meck
01-16-2009, 01:48 PM
I'm no huge fan of the cover 2, but I really don't understand the fascination with the 3-4. A lot of people seem to think it's some magic bullet.

We don't really have ANY players suited to it. Like none.

Ok, MAYBE McBride.

talastan
01-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm no huge fan of the cover 2, but I really don't understand the fascination with the 3-4. A lot of people seem to think it's some magic bullet.

Ok, MAYBE McBride.

I agree, I think that we stick with the 4-3 and use a more blitz heavy scheme like the Giants or Eagles IMO. Attack the QB and use more man-to-man coverage. Our DB's are talented enough and with a good pass rush I think this would be the best option given the players we have currently on our roster and who will be available in the draft and FA.

RustShack
01-16-2009, 02:11 PM

Ok, MAYBE McBride.

McBride, Boone, Babin, DJ, Flowers, Carr, Page, Pollard would all fit. We have a few backup LB's that fit the 3-4 better than they do the 4-3. Tank and Dorsey MIGHT be able to play 3-4 DE, but they would be better DT's in the 4-3. We will also likely start signing players who fit the 3-4 more and also draft them since we will likely be running it within the next couple years...

RustShack
01-16-2009, 02:12 PM
We need a lot of new players on defense no matter what system we run anyways.

FringeNC
01-16-2009, 02:31 PM

Ok, MAYBE McBride.

It's not a magic bullet, but our new GM has spent years stocking a 3-4 with talent. Why not go in a direction in which he is specialized?

chiefzilla1501
01-16-2009, 07:12 PM
McBride, Boone, Babin, DJ, Flowers, Carr, Page, Pollard would all fit. We have a few backup LB's that fit the 3-4 better than they do the 4-3. Tank and Dorsey MIGHT be able to play 3-4 DE, but they would be better DT's in the 4-3. We will also likely start signing players who fit the 3-4 more and also draft them since we will likely be running it within the next couple years...

I think the Tank and very arguably Dorsey could be effective ends in this defense too.