PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Paul Pasqualoni to be our new Head Coach?

JRS2
01-18-2009, 07:52 AM
I hope so.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2009/01/16/paul-pasqualoni-to-head-chiefs-tribe/

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=1254&line=138013&spln=1

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2009/01/17/could_pasqualoni_be_headed_to.html

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2009/01/hazelton_to_cincinnati_and_whe.html

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+West/Kansas+City/Spins/2008/spin011309.htm

Archie F. Swin
01-18-2009, 08:12 AM
yes, and Joe Pesci as OC

RippedmyFlesh
01-18-2009, 08:33 AM
yes, and Joe Pesci as OC
The anti-italian schtick will get old idiot.

Archie F. Swin
01-18-2009, 08:38 AM
The anti-italian schtick will get old idiot.

Hey, why don't you go fug ya'self....ya muddafug

eazyb81
01-18-2009, 08:39 AM
yes, and Joe Pesci as OC

Pauly Walnuts as QB coach.

RippedmyFlesh
01-18-2009, 08:46 AM
When coach P was at syracuse he was asked about some openings in the south his repy?

"They don't want an Eye-talian as coach."

I just figured midwest people were smarter than that.

BigMeatballDave
01-18-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm not too familiar with the guy, but he's gotta be better than Herm

RippedmyFlesh
01-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Some things I can gurantee you about Coach P
1) He will never ever EVER cry at a new conference.
2) KC would finally have a coach who cares more about winning than fans instead of other way around like we have had for 3 years.
3) The presser after a loss would make you feel like someone died not a team lost a football game.He takes losses hard chiefs fans would like that after california laid back.
4) He would make DJ a monster. He's an old linebacker and can coach up linebackers.

Deberg_1990
01-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Im all for it.

Nobody have heard of guys like Mike Smith and John Harbaugh a year ago.

Bring on the change!

PRIEST
01-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Im all for it.

Bring on the change!

Exactly ,no more retreads

the Talking Can
01-18-2009, 09:15 AM
When coach P was at syracuse he was asked about some openings in the south his repy?

"They don't want an Eye-talian as coach."

I just figured midwest people were smarter than that.

thats-a spicy meat-a-ball-a!

wazu
01-18-2009, 09:16 AM
This guy is going to be 60 when the 2009 season kicks off. Not saying that is a disqualifier, but hiring a 60 year old assistant isn't exactly what I had been picturing as the decision that will lead us to a decade of playoff glory.

chiefzilla1501
01-18-2009, 09:19 AM
I am not overly convinced of Miami's success. I still think their season reeks of "fluke."

That being said, I have a lot of trust in Pioli to make the right call, whether that means hiring a guy like Pasqualoni or keeping Herm Edwards.

RippedmyFlesh
01-18-2009, 09:28 AM
If coach P were hired this guy could be DC they worked together at syracuse.

Clarence Brooks

OVERVIEW: "C.B." entered his 3rd year with the Ravens in 2007...Was hired as the Ravens' D-Line coach and successor to Rex Ryan following Ryan's appointment to defensive coordinator...Under Brooks as Miami's DL coach, the Dolphins' defense recorded at least 44 sacks 3 times and averaged nearly 3 sacks a game over a 4-year span...The Dolphins finished in the top 5 in run defense 2 years straight (2002-03) and allowed an average of only 90.8 yards per game in 2003...At the U. of Arizona, Brooks had a hand in "Desert Swarm" – the Wildcats' defense (1990-91).

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/People/Coaches/Clarence_Brooks.aspx

wazu
01-18-2009, 09:32 AM
I am not overly convinced of Miami's success. I still think their season reeks of "fluke."

That being said, I have a lot of trust in Pioli to make the right call, whether that means hiring a guy like Pasqualoni or keeping Herm Edwards.

I have a fair amount of trust in Pioli to make the right call, as long is that call involves the immediate firing of Herm Edwards.

Seriously, if Herm Edwards is really our coach in 2009, then Pioli basically failed miserably on his first test. He may be great at finding athletes, but only an idiot would actually believe that Herm should continute to coach this team.

FringeNC
01-18-2009, 09:39 AM
2) KC would finally have a coach who cares more about winning than fans instead of other way around like we have had for 3 years.

Really only results matter, but Herm didn't seem to take losses very hard. It was strange. With Vermeil, he took loses so hard you wondered how he was going to make it through the next week.

wazu
01-18-2009, 09:48 AM
It was strange. With Vermeil, he took loses so hard you wondered how he was going to make it through the next week.

Same thing when they won.

siberian khatru
01-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Im all for it.

Bring on the change!

Zactly. That's why I chuckle at all the folks here whose list of coaches they want includes only well-known names (Marty, Cowher, Holmgren, Rat, Gruden). Some just want the security of a "proven winner," while others simply only know what they know.

I'm not going to judge a hire based solely on whether I know the guy or not. After all, many successful coaches weren't known until they became successful, right? How many people outside KC knew of Bill Cowher before Pittsburgh hired him?

I actually "know" Pasqualoni's name only because I remember him at Syracuse. But I have no idea what kind of coach he is or would be. Obviously Pioli has a better knowledge than I do. So if he chose P, I'd keep an open mind and judge the hire by the results.

BigChiefFan
01-18-2009, 09:58 AM

Yes, winning 10 more games than the previous year must be a fluke. :doh!:

Zouk
01-18-2009, 09:59 AM
If coach P were hired this guy could be DC they worked together at syracuse.

Clarence Brooks

I doubt that. Brooks preceeded Pasqualoni at Syracuse and then he left for a lateral move to Arizona before Pasqualoni even became head coach.

http://www.suathletics.com/Sports/Football/2008/fbcoachstaffyearbyyear.asp

I'd say this guy is much much more likely:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/People/Coaches/Glenn_Pires.aspx

eazyb81
01-18-2009, 10:02 AM
This guy is going to be 60 when the 2009 season kicks off. Not saying that is a disqualifier, but hiring a 60 year old assistant isn't exactly what I had been picturing as the decision that will lead us to a decade of playoff glory.

Agree. I think Pioli is looking for a long term answer at head coach, and Pasqualoni would not fit the bill due to his age.

Chiefnj2
01-18-2009, 10:05 AM
I actually "know" Pasqualoni's name only because I remember him at Syracuse. But I have no idea what kind of coach he is or would be. Obviously Pioli has a better knowledge than I do. So if he chose P, I'd keep an open mind and judge the hire by the results.

At Syracuse he started really well and built a good program, but it went in the tank toward the end. They haven't really recovered since. I'm not sure why it dropped so much.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-18-2009, 10:07 AM
I agree...however Kirk Ferentz who has been speculated to be one of Pioli's top candidates is going to be 54 in August.

I personally would like a young and upcoming coach also...who knows though when people are saying Pioli wanted Josh McDaniels or Kirk Ferentz, a 22 year gap between those two.

JRS2
01-18-2009, 10:55 AM
If Parcells thinks he can coach it is good enough for me.

Danman
01-18-2009, 11:15 AM
I'm not convinced the next head coach has to be somebody Pioli's worked with before. It might be someone he's just talked football with for a few hours. Todd Haley might be a good candidate. He's worked with Parcels with the Jets and Dolphins both. He's 41, closer to the age of both Clark and Pioli. And most importantly, he's NEVER been a coach under Herm Edwards.

ncCHIEFfan
01-18-2009, 11:18 AM

The age thing bothers me. I am really hoping that whom ever Pioli chooses will be around for a long time. There are very few years left in a HEAD COACH at that age. If some one like this comes to KC hopefully there will be a predecessor with some youth ready to head up the success when the old guy steps down!

splatbass
01-18-2009, 11:30 AM
I agree...however Kirk Ferentz who has been speculated to be one of Pioli's top candidates is going to be 54 in August.

I personally would like a young and upcoming coach also...who knows though when people are saying Pioli wanted Josh McDaniels or Kirk Ferentz, a 22 year gap between those two.

Maybe that is because he is looking for the best coach, not the best "up and coming" coach or the best "retread" coach. The best, period.

I see people here advocate older established coaches, and others attack them for it and say we need a young up and coming coach. I think both views are wrong. We need to find the best coach, not based on age or any of that other stuff, but based only on how good a coach they are.

We should not limit ourselves in our search.

FringeNC
01-18-2009, 11:31 AM

Ferentz is younger than Herm Edwards...

Mr_Tomahawk
01-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I completely agree...I was trying to show that I don't think Pioli is looking at age if you look at the age difference of his speculated 'top head coaching candidates'. I too hope he is looking for the best. Although I hope the 'best' is a bit on the younger end of the age spectrum. JMO. Sorry for any confusion.

Mr. Laz
01-18-2009, 11:41 AM
will he make me an offer i can't refuse? :eek:

Chiefnj2
01-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I'll throw out a big darkhorse based on the theory Pioli may be looking from someone from the Belichick tree and the theory that special teams coaches make decent head coaches - Kevin Spencer the special teams coach from the Cards. He was with Cleveland from 91-94, Colts 98-01 and Steelers 02-06 (so he has a ring).

You also have Haley the OC from the Cards who I think comes from the Parcells tree and is a no-nonsense type guy that a bunch of run ins with Terrell Owens from his time with the Cowboys. Jones took Owens' side when things went bad between them.

rad
01-18-2009, 11:42 AM
yes, and Joe Pesci as OC

I could see the PC after the first regular season game going like this:

KC media: You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.
Pasqualoni: What do you mean I'm funny?
kc media: It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.
[laughs]
Pasqualoni: what do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?
kc media: It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, the way you tell the story and everything.
Pasqualoni: [it becomes quiet] Funny how? What's funny about it?
Pioli: Paulie no, You got it all wrong.
Pasqualoni: Oh, oh, Scotty. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?
kc media: Jus...
Pasqualoni: What?
kc media: Just... ya know... you're funny.
Pasqualoni: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little ****ed up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to ****in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
kc media: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?
Pasqualoni: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the **** am I funny, what the **** is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
kc media: [long pause] Get the **** out of here, Paulie!
Pasqualoni: [everyone laughs] Ya mother****er! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya.

RealSNR
01-18-2009, 01:05 PM
pepperoni macaroni pasqualoni