PDA

View Full Version : Football Who actually watched the game with a Cards fan?

EyePod
01-18-2009, 09:17 PM
OK, I swear, I watched the entire game at a Dave & Buster's, right outside of Philly (Plymouth Meeting for anyone who knows the area). I live with a Cards fan, and it was hysterical to see staff of D&B to bust the Cards fan when the Iggles took the lead in the 4th (Who really though Action Jackson was that good?).

I thought it was a great game, and it is exactly what I hoped the playoffs would be. Thank god the Chiefs couldn't make it. We would not have had a good game like that.

And props and hope to Willis McGahee. He is the definition of a workhorse back. I wish LJ had the attitude of him.

Anyone else actually watch the game with a Cards fan like me? I don't believe you!!!

Bugeater
01-18-2009, 09:20 PM
There's no such thing as a Cards fan, silly.

morphius
01-18-2009, 09:20 PM
I don't even know a cards fan, not sure if I have even met one.

01-18-2009, 09:25 PM
what the hell is a Cards fan? Is it baseball season already?

StcChief
01-18-2009, 09:31 PM
There's no such thing as a Cards fan, silly.
the "never left" the bandwagon fans in STL are coming out in force. :)

JOhn
01-18-2009, 10:00 PM

I actually noticed a guy wearing a Tillman jersey today at Wal-Mart. He said he had followed them for years, and was strange to get a sympathetic look from Cards fan to a Chiefs fan. :banghead:

EyePod
01-18-2009, 10:01 PM
Really? Does no one else know a FOOTBALL Card's fan?

OnTheWarpath15
01-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I watched with about 100 today in STL...

There are a LOT of people here that stuck with the Cardinals after they left, instead of jumping ship to the Rams.

EyePod
01-18-2009, 10:04 PM
I actually noticed a guy wearing a Tillman jersey today at Wal-Mart. He said he had followed them for years, and was strange to get a sympathetic look from Cards fan to a Chiefs fan. :banghead:

Tillman's a good man.

EyePod
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM

I just got told that the Card's fans could actually give 30 teams sympathetic looks (and they're right...) *SIGH* The Chiefs are worse than the Cardinals.... UGH.

Bugeater
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM

Wait, one time when I was boarding a flight in the Phoenix airport I noticed one of the dudes loading the luggage had a Cards hat on, but I figured he found it in a dumpster somewhere.

EyePod
01-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Wait, one time when I was boarding a flight in the Phoenix airport I noticed one of the dudes loading the luggage had a Cards hat on, but I figured he found it in a dumpster somewhere.

The worst part is that they were more exciting to watch this season than the Chiefs... *SIGH*

cdcox
01-18-2009, 10:09 PM
I watched with about 100 today in STL...

There are a LOT of people here that stuck with the Cardinals after they left, instead of jumping ship to the Rams.

That just seems strange. I can't imagine someone from Cleveland being a Ravens fan.

Or someone from Dallas being a Chiefs fan.

EyePod
01-18-2009, 10:12 PM
That just seems strange. I can't imagine someone from Cleveland being a Ravens fan.

I'm from PA and I'm a Chiefs fan... granted, my father barely watched football.... and when I started watching, my best friend was from Missouri.... and I watched when DT played... imagine becoming a fan when DT was there... and then Montana... Wow... the Chiefs had some good times that I barely remember...

Psyko Tek
01-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I live in mesa AND I don't know a cards fan

OnTheWarpath15
01-18-2009, 10:16 PM

It's a little different because the name didn't change, and there was a 7 year spread between the Cardinals leaving town and the Rams showing up.

yeti
01-18-2009, 10:27 PM
I watched with one and he was excited, loud, nervous, etc etc. His emotions ran the entire gamut. But as I was watching him celebrate the victory I couldn't help but think to myself that if this were the Chiefs, I would be flipping out and yelling and running around like an idiot far more than this guy was. And the Cardinals have been all shades of shitty for longer than the Chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-18-2009, 10:37 PM
I know of alot of Warner fans that have jumped on the Cardinal wagon, but I wouldn't call them Card fans, basically Warner worshippers.

EyePod
01-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I watched with one and he was excited, loud, nervous, etc etc. His emotions ran the entire gamut. But as I was watching him celebrate the victory I couldn't help but think to myself that if this were the Chiefs, I would be flipping out and yelling and running around like an idiot far more than this guy was. And the Cardinals have been all shades of shitty for longer than the Chiefs.

Yeah, I still tell him that they would have had a better chance against the Ravens, not the Steelers. Especially cause they've beaten 2 types of birds this postseason. But yeah, the Cards are worse than us. At least we're not the only team to NEVER make a SB (LIONS LIONS LIONS!!!). And we won 2 games... which is still better than those Lions...

EyePod
01-18-2009, 10:42 PM
I know of alot of Warner fans that have jumped on the Cardinal wagon, but I wouldn't call them Card fans, basically Warner worshippers.

I thought it was impossible to hate Warner (and I hate BAGC's). Warner seems like he'd be the coolest uncle. You know, playing catch, water balloon fights, and not trying to touch you in the wrong places....

JOhn
01-18-2009, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I still tell him that they would have had a better chance against the Ravens, not the Steelers. Especially cause they've beaten 2 types of birds this postseason. But yeah, the Cards are worse than us. At least we're not the only team to NEVER make a SB (LIONS LIONS LIONS!!!). And we won 2 games... which is still better than those Lions...

:spock:

Who is the WE you refer to?

ONLY teams to not make it to the SB: Lions, Brown, Texans, Jaguars & I think there might be one more?

smittysbar
01-18-2009, 10:52 PM
I am a Cards fan. Not anything as much as the Chiefs, but I live about the same distance from KC and the STL. Grew up on a farm, usually only got 1 channel good and 2 others half assed. Had to watch a lot of bad Card teams, but they have always been my 2nd team.

Some of the guys have been to my bar, and can confirm that I have a Cards helmet hung up on the wall next to a Chiefs helmet. (for those that will throw out the bandwagon BS)

Edit: I have never liked the Rams, and would say that I have a hatred for them.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-19-2009, 02:17 AM
i have never met a cardinals fan.

bowener
01-19-2009, 02:54 AM
No, but I watched it with a self-loathing Chiefs fan...

myself :(

kstater
01-19-2009, 05:24 AM
:spock:

Who is the WE you refer to?

ONLY teams to not make it to the SB: Lions, Brown, Texans, Jaguars & I think there might be one more?

Saints

Nzoner
01-19-2009, 09:32 AM

While getting the pizza yesterday a young lady walked in with a very nice Warner(Cards) jersey on,I told her as much and wished her good luck.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 09:40 AM

2 of us.

patteeu
01-19-2009, 09:40 AM

I've got a brother-in-law who has been a football cards fan since they moved to the desert. He lives in Phoenix so it's not all that surprising, I guess. I'm happy for him after all these years.

Baby Lee
01-19-2009, 09:51 AM
There was a guy in my fantasy league who has for years, I mean reliably back when they were in the gutter, picked Cards players for his team out of affinity for the old St. Louis Cards. The guy would literally end the draft with $$ left over because no one was bidding against him for his picks.
There was a guy who picked shitty Rams players with the same reasoning, but he cleaned up in 99 [though he drafted Trent and had to pick up another QB in the preseason].

Chieftain58
01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
I live in Arizona they are everywhere! Bandwagon jumpers I am sure (never noticed them before) and I went to Safeway and all the Store Employees were wearing Cardinal T-Shirts

vailpass
01-19-2009, 10:38 AM
There were plenty of Cards fans at the Fox Sports Grill in Scottsdale. What a great game to watch. I was really happy for them and also for Kurt. That guy represents Iowa in the best possible light.

Baby Lee
01-19-2009, 10:39 AM
I live in Arizona they are everywhere! Bandwagon jumpers I am sure (never noticed them before) and I went to Safeway and all the Store Employees were wearing Cardinal T-Shirts
Meh, that's just a civic pride, bring in business, thing.
It's fun to go through the deli and bakery when the Cards or Rams make the playoffs, with all the team Color coordinated cakes and deli trays, and the personnel trying to incorporate team apparel with their mandated aprons and hair coverings.

vailpass
01-19-2009, 10:42 AM
There was a guy in my fantasy league who has for years, I mean reliably back when they were in the gutter, picked Cards players for his team out of affinity for the old St. Louis Cards. The guy would literally end the draft with $$ left over because no one was bidding against him for his picks.
There was a guy who picked shitty Rams players with the same reasoning, but he cleaned up in 99 [though he drafted Trent and had to pick up another QB in the preseason].

Terry Metcalf would have been fantasy gold.

Baby Lee
01-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Terry Metcalf would have been fantasy gold.

He would field a team like, Plummer, Feagles, Junkin, Centers.

smittysbar
01-19-2009, 10:59 AM

I don't think one can simply say"bandwagon jumpers". Just look at the Chiefs this year. When we have a good team the fans are everywhere, pack the bar for games, decked out in Chiefs gear, with a shit load of Chiefs trinkets. This year there was just a handful of us that made every game. By the end of the year, hardly anyone was sporting a jersey or Chiefs apparel. When a team is bad, people just don't waste their time, and in turn they don't get wrapped up in the season.

vailpass
01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Guy told me his wife went to WalMart during the game yesterday and noticed the game wasn't on in the video dept.
She asked the clerk why, he said corporate ordered them to not show the game in the store.
Why would that be?

vailpass
01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
He would field a team like, Plummer, Feagles, Junkin, Centers.

There is a true fan who is probably, and deservedly, happy as a pig in shit today.

Skip Towne
01-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I heard there is a Cards fan in Tulsa but nobody knows for sure.

Baby Lee
01-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Guy told me his wife went to WalMart during the game yesterday and noticed the game wasn't on in the video dept.
She asked the clerk why, he said corporate ordered them to not show the game in the store.
Why would that be?

That reminds me of the fact that I watched the entire second half of the world's greatest comeback, Reich's Bills against Houston, in the AV section of the Bannister Venture Store, with what, by the end, was about 100 other casual fans.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Why would that be?

They want people to continue shopping, and not to stop and watch the game. Even worse, leave the store and go home and watch it.

CoMoChief
01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Its hard to watch and not root for ARZ, those fans have been hung by the go-nads for what it seems like centuries while the worst owner in all of sports continues to field shitty shitty teams.

Ill be rooting for the Cards, like us, those fans deserve a SB championship.

Demonpenz
01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
They should just show pearl harbor cool blow up scenes to show off the tv, crappy movie so people don't stay and watch it

vailpass
01-19-2009, 11:29 AM
They want people to continue shopping, and not to stop and watch the game. Even worse, leave the store and go home and watch it.

Huh, guess you are right. Seems a little harsh though.

vailpass
01-19-2009, 11:29 AM
That reminds me of the fact that I watched the entire second half of the world's greatest comeback, Reich's Bills against Houston, in the AV section of the Bannister Venture Store, with what, by the end, was about 100 other casual fans.

Bet that was cool in a very man-cave sort of way.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Huh, guess you are right. Seems a little harsh though.

Yeah, but just good retailing.

mckinger
01-19-2009, 11:55 AM
I live in Omaha and have never seen or talked with a Cards football fan...I'm still feeling like a horrible father for instilling the Chiefs in my my son at the "Dad's still cool" age of 12...he's 18 now and still loves the Chiefs...God forgive me!

Maybe Pioli will be my savior...

Straight, No Chaser
01-19-2009, 12:40 PM

I hear ya. It's pretty pathetic and lets you know how far the Chiefs Org has fallen.

Of course, their are band wagoners out here in AZ but the Cards have some fans with season tickets, lots of them. In year one in the new stadium they sold for 99$ but hey, who's counting?

EyePod
01-19-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't think one can simply say"bandwagon jumpers". Just look at the Chiefs this year. When we have a good team the fans are everywhere, pack the bar for games, decked out in Chiefs gear, with a shit load of Chiefs trinkets. This year there was just a handful of us that made every game. By the end of the year, hardly anyone was sporting a jersey or Chiefs apparel. When a team is bad, people just don't waste their time, and in turn they don't get wrapped up in the season.

I sport mine whenever possible. You gotta represent! I can't wait for the Chiefs to play the Eagles this year in Philly!!! CHIEFS SB 2009/2010 season!!!