Fritz88
01-19-2009, 07:27 AM
he's not bad, not bad at all.

MahiMike
01-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Can't wait to see him take a swing at his OC...lol

eazyb81
01-19-2009, 07:40 AM
This will be a classic case of how a great coordinator does not equal a great head coach.

Amnorix
01-19-2009, 07:47 AM
This will be a classic case of how a great coordinator does not equal a great head coach.

Here's hoping. :toast:

dirk digler
01-19-2009, 07:48 AM
So unless some other team, say the Cowboys, fire their head coach that means the Chiefs are the last one to make any kind of decision.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2009, 07:49 AM
So unless some other team, say the Cowboys, fire their head coach that means the Chiefs are the last one to make any kind of decision.

Oakland? I'm not sure.

dirk digler
01-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Oakland? I'm not sure.

Oh I totally forgot about Chokeland. Thanks.

Amnorix
01-19-2009, 08:03 AM

I'm confused by the constant sense of urgency. Are you guys looking for the fastest decision, or the best decision? Pioli's been hired for what? about a week now? Yeesh...

dirk digler
01-19-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm confused by the constant sense of urgency. Are you guys looking for the fastest decision, or the best decision? Pioli's been hired for what? about a week now? Yeesh...

Do you think it should take a week to fire Herm Edwards? It should take all of about 5 minutes. The guy is 6-26 the last 2 years I don't understand what is so hard about this decision.

eazyb81
01-19-2009, 08:07 AM

I think everyone is just getting scared that all the good candidates are gone, and we will be stuck with Herm.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Eh...give it time. We knew nothing was going to happen over the weekend. We know that Clark...and now Pioli, do not let much info leak out to the media. He has been in office for a week...probably still has much of his stuff in boxes in his office. ...and finally, not harping on anyone's football IQ here, but Pioli probably knows more possible coaching candidates out there than any of us do. When some of us can't think of anymore prospects...ie the candidate the media are big on...people tend to freak out. Patients. We did not hear anything for a few weeks about our GM position and the same thing was happening. Just be patient.

...oh and I am anti-hermroid.

Amnorix
01-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Do you think it should take a week to fire Herm Edwards? It should take all of about 5 minutes. The guy is 6-26 the last 2 years I don't understand what is so hard about this decision.

I posted about this before, based on my observations of the Pioli introductory presser. I predicted Herm would get the axe "within two weeks" from the date of the press conference.

It looked clear to me that Clark wanted to have Pioli evaluate Herm thoroughly.

Also, you're not thinking clearly. Herm knows the current roster much better than Pioli. Pioli would be a total moron not to grill Herm thoroughly about each and every player -- his strenghts and weaknesses, whether Herm thinks he'd fit well in a 3-4, his personality and ocmmitment to football, etc. etc. etc.

Pioli is not a moron.

Your urgency to fire Herm is because you hate him and fear he might stay. Pioli NEEDS him for a few weeks to suck him dry of all possible information.

What's more important -- what Pioli needs to get from him, or your emotional reaction to the situation?

Amnorix
01-19-2009, 08:26 AM
I think everyone is just getting scared that all the good candidates are gone, and we will be stuck with Herm.

So if Pioli has someone in mind, I'm sure he's reached out to him/them and said "hey, we might be making a change here and you'd be near the top of the list. Don't accept anything elsewhere until we talk, or at least give me a heads up if you're about to do something. Ok?"

So does that assuage all your fears?

eazyb81
01-19-2009, 08:56 AM
So if Pioli has someone in mind, I'm sure he's reached out to him/them and said "hey, we might be making a change here and you'd be near the top of the list. Don't accept anything elsewhere until we talk, or at least give me a heads up if you're about to do something. Ok?"

So does that assuage all your fears?

Logically that makes sense. But another side of me sees that all the names that were linked to Pioli - McDaniels, Schwartz, Spags, Ferentz - are not available now. Also, basically every hot shot coordinator that has been considered a top head coaching candidate is taken. Finally, Pioli supposedly can't touch that Pats coaching staff. Seriously, who's left?

You've got guys like Todd Bowles and Todd Haley, but who knows what Pioli really thinks about them. Hopefully he has an ace up his sleeve, because right now the pickings look slim.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Logically that makes sense. But another side of me sees that all the names that were linked to Pioli - McDaniels, Schwartz, Spags, Ferentz - are not available now. Also, basically every hot shot coordinator that has been considered a top head coaching candidate is taken. Finally, Pioli supposedly can't touch that Pats coaching staff. Seriously, who's left?

You've got guys like Todd Bowles and Todd Haley, but who knows what Pioli really thinks about them. Hopefully he has an ace up his sleeve, because right now the pickings look slim.

Again...as I stated earlier, I am not harping on anyone's football IQ, but I am pretty positive Pioli is familiar with a lot more possible coaching candidates out there than any of us are. We feed off the media...while he feeds the media. He could whip a name that no one has mentioned yet.

dirk digler
01-19-2009, 09:18 AM
I posted about this before, based on my observations of the Pioli introductory presser. I predicted Herm would get the axe "within two weeks" from the date of the press conference.

Also, you're not thinking clearly. Herm knows the current roster much better than Pioli. Pioli would be a total moron not to grill Herm thoroughly about each and every player -- his strenghts and weaknesses, whether Herm thinks he'd fit well in a 3-4, his personality and ocmmitment to football, etc. etc. etc.

Pioli is not a moron.

Your urgency to fire Herm is because you hate him and fear he might stay. Pioli NEEDS him for a few weeks to suck him dry of all possible information.

What's more important -- what Pioli needs to get from him, or your emotional reaction to the situation?

Well obviously the most important thing is my emotional reaction. :)

As for the rest I don't get why he would care what Herm thinks of his players because obviously he doesn't really know what he is doing or what he is talking about. As of right now I trust Pioli's limited knowledge of this roster over Herm's.

Also if you go back and look at what the Dolphins did last year, they hired Parcells and Jeff Ireland and the next day they fired Cam Cameron. That is what they should have done here. There is no reason for Herm to still be here a week later especially with Senior Bowl week starting today.

banyon
01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Another one off the board, not good.

keg in kc
01-19-2009, 04:05 PM

Pioli is not a moron.

What's more important -- what Pioli needs to get from him, or your emotional reaction to the situation?That's exactly the way I see it. People are disappointed because they aren't getting the quick axe, but the word from day 1 has been 'methodical'.

Monty
01-19-2009, 04:07 PM
That's exactly the way I see it. People are disappointed because they aren't getting the quick axe, but the word from day 1 has been 'methodical'.

I've agreed with this as well, but IMO, Herm will be sent packing by the end of the week or he's going to stay for 2009. I've got the supplies ready for his departure if that happens and I'm heavily counting on it. :D

MTG#10
01-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I think Pioli is waiting for someone from the Steelers.

blueballs
01-19-2009, 04:20 PM
The Jets have a history with first time coaches

Chiefnj2
01-19-2009, 04:22 PM
It's no big deal. Big name coaches flop all the time, especially from the Belichick tree.

kcxiv
01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I am in no hurry. When i will be worried that Herm will be here is about a week after the Super Bowl. Then i will start getting upset because his ass is here. This team hasnt dont much in 39 years a few weeks isnt going to hurt anyone.