PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bucs to interview Gailey?

KC kid
01-19-2009, 12:21 PM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/01/bucs-target -lin.html

The Franchise
01-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Linkie no workie.

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2009, 12:22 PM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/2009/01/bucs-target-lin.html

January 19, 2009
Bucs target Linehan, Gailey, Chudzinski for O.C.

Former Rams coach Scott Linehan appears to be the strongest candidate for the Bucs' offensive coordinator position.

Linehan turned down a similar position with the 49ers Sunday saying he had other opportunities. One report out of New York says new coach Rex Ryan will retain offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, a position Linehan was in the mix for.

The Bucs plan to talk to at least a few other candidates, including fired Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Chan Gailey and fired Browns offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski.

Gailey, was the Dallas Cowboys head coach and led them to the playoffs in 1998 and '99. As an offensive coordinator with the Steelers and Dolphins, he's always been committed to running the football.

Chudzinski was the Miami Hurricanes offensive coordinator for three seasons before following Butch Davis to Cleveland, where he coached tight ends. He coached the Chargers' tight ends in 2006-07 before returning to the Browns as offensive coordinator.

Injuries to quarterbacks Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn cost the Browns last season. Cleveland was 31st in total offense.

A few other early observations from Mobile.

--Doug Williams, whose contract expires next month, is expected to return to the Bucs in the pro personnel department. He has met with new GM Mark Dominik and accompanied coaches and team officials to the Senior Bowl.

--Running backs coach and special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia is under contract and will remain with the team. He also is in Mobile. Receivers coach Richard Mann is believed to be safe as well.

Posted by Rick Stroud at 12:16:59 PM on January 19, 2009
in | Permalink

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 12:22 PM
but but Gailey is God with Pistols...

FringeNC
01-19-2009, 12:23 PM
If true, that puts the odds of Herm's firing close to 100%.

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Interesting that they say that Chan Gailey was fired...

:hmmm:

dirk digler
01-19-2009, 12:24 PM
Gailey was fired? Since when?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2009, 12:24 PM
ANOTHER possible lateral move....hmmmmm...makes ya wonder. :hmmm:

FringeNC
01-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Interesting that they say that Chan Gailey was fired...

:hmmm:

Indeed. I think Herm has already gotten fired and is undergoing an exit interview to collect his paycheck.

blueballs
When was the last time Herm was actually seen at Arrowhead

dirk digler
The Chiefs haven't updated their site in a while. It still lists Gibbs and Priefer as coaches here.

The Franchise
01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Alright.....next up....Herman Edwards.

I wonder if they got Krumrie into a slap fight and then pushed him out the door.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
but but Gailey is God with Pistols...

Yeah, my first thought:

Goodbye Pistol, hit the bench or leave Thigpen.

The Franchise
Yeah, my first thought:

Goodbye Pistol, hit the bench or leave Thigpen.

This increases our chances of grabbing a QB with the #3 pick.

CupidStunt
It's a blog whose author clearly made a mistake. I very much doubt he's got some sort of inside knowledge that NO ONE else has even speculated.

blueballs
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
It's good to know Gailey isn't in the hospital
with 3rd degree tire burns

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
It's a blog whose author clearly made a mistake. I very much doubt he's got some sort of inside knowledge that NO ONE else has even speculated.

Or he's just flat-out assuming.

FWIW, Stroud is a reporter for the St. Pete Times.

KC kid
01-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Or he's just flat-out assuming.

I am sure it was an assumption. I think the story here is that Gailey could be interviewing. . . not the misprint in the word "fired".

siberian khatru
01-19-2009, 12:32 PM

I wonder what the alternative scenario is:

PIOLI: Herm, Clark really wants you back, and I said OK so long as you fire all your assistants and let me hire their replacements.

HERM: Sure! No problem, whatever it takes for me to KEEP MY JOB! Fire up that bus, vroom, vroom, vroom!

PIOLI: Great. See this teakwood box?

HERM: Yeah.

PIOLI: Kindly PLACE YOUR BALLS IN IT for me.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 12:33 PM
This increases our chances of grabbing a QB with the #3 pick.

I don't care or a give a FUCK about what Soren Petro thinks; we ARE gonna' pull that trigger.

Manila-Chief
01-19-2009, 12:33 PM

My thoughts as well ... if Herm stays, keeping Chan would be a wise decision.

This sounds like it is only a rumor ... if he is interviewing it does sound like Herm is half way out the door.

One can only hope!!!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I wonder what the alternative scenario is:

PIOLI: Herm, Clark really wants you back, and I said OK so long as you fire all your assistants and let me hire their replacements.

HERM: Sure! No problem, whatever it takes for me to KEEP MY JOB! Fire up that bus, vroom, vroom, vroom!

PIOLI: Great. See this teakwood box?

HERM: Yeah.

PIOLI: Kindly PLACE YOUR BALLS IN IT for me.

LMAO

CupidStunt
01-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I am sure it was an assumption. I think the story here is that Gailey could be interviewing. . . not the misprint in the word "fired".

Not really. Now, Herm could already be fired and we don't know yet, but assuming it's status quo why WOULDN'T Gailey interview for a secure two/three-year contract?

blueballs
01-19-2009, 12:36 PM
If they do keep Herm
one of the new coordinators will be in line
for a sweet gig about Halloween

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Not really. Now, Herm could already be fired and we don't know yet, but assuming it's status quo why WOULDN'T Gailey interview for a secure two/three-year contract?

That's not Gailey's call.

It's Clark's/SP's.

They have to give permission to teams to interview a coach under contract.

If they had any intention of keeping Herm, they wouldn't be giving teams permission to raid his staff.

2 are already gone, Gunther is likely going to Detroit, now Gailey.

I have a hard time believing that SP is going to keep Herm, and try to hire a new OC/DC for a lame duck coach.

Extra Point
01-19-2009, 12:46 PM
I searched and couldn't find that Gailey was fired. Whether or not, I'm sure he's free to interview whereever he wants. Getting rid of Gailey would be a bigger mistake than keeping Herm Edwards. With all the talk about being under the cap, firing Herm would be chump change. 6,500 season tickets sold because of Herm's departure makes more and more sense.

eazyb81
01-19-2009, 12:53 PM
That's not Gailey's call.

It's Clark's/SP's.

They have to give permission to teams to interview a coach under contract.

If they had any intention of keeping Herm, they wouldn't be giving teams permission to raid his staff.

2 are already gone, Gunther is likely going to Detroit, now Gailey.

I have a hard time believing that SP is going to keep Herm, and try to hire a new OC/DC for a lame duck coach.

Exactly, I was just about to post this.

The only way Gailey could interview for OC is if we gave him permission or fired him.

MVChiefFan
01-19-2009, 01:16 PM
This is just getting stranger by the minute. Herm absolutely has to be gone or he'll be coaching by himself.

dj56dt58
01-19-2009, 01:22 PM
that sucks..Gailey is a good offensive coordinator..he knows how to use a scheme that is fit for the players, rather than make the players fit his scheme...like..well..Herm

mikeyis4dcats.
01-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I was hoping we'd fire Herm but keep Gailey.

EyePod
01-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Indeed. I think Herm has already gotten fired and is undergoing an exit interview to collect his paycheck.

After my co-ops (like internships, but paid), you had to make an Exit Presentation that detailed all of the work you did. Imagine Herm's.... ummm I made the playoffs that first year!! and then umm... Oh! We were on Hard Knocks!!! and ummmmmm oh yeah! We hurt Tom Brady this year!!! and ummm..... You play to win the game?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 01:29 PM
OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!!!! ALL OF THEM!!!!!

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
The other teams know who the talented Coaches are on the Chiefs. (except Denver) Gailey and Gibbs were the only ones I hoped they would retain.

FringeNC
01-19-2009, 01:34 PM
After my co-ops (like internships, but paid), you had to make an Exit Presentation that detailed all of the work you did. Imagine Herm's.... ummm I made the playoffs that first year!! and then umm... Oh! We were on Hard Knocks!!! and ummmmmm oh yeah! We hurt Tom Brady this year!!! and ummm..... You play to win the game?

I think what Pioli wants to hear from Herm is commentary of the plays that were called while they are watching film, so Pioli has a little more information in the process of allocate blame between coaches and players.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 01:35 PM

Don't forget this play!

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Don't forget this play!

Thug Life!

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Thug Life!

So far, it is the highlight of Herm's career with the Chiefs. That was the Ty Law, fall down and let the Steelers blow us out game.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 01:50 PM
So far, it is the highlight of Herm's career with the Chiefs. That was the Ty Law, fall down and let the Steelers blow us out game.

Who's number 74? He doesn't look familiar to me.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Who's number 74? He doesn't look familiar to me.

Hint: He is most famous for throwing his helmet when playing for the Saints.

*edit* and this picture actually shows him well below 300lbs, post roids.

bowener
01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
If you all go check, they took the "fired" out of the statement about Gailey. Sorry.

dirk digler
01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
The Chiefs haven't updated their site in a while. It still lists Gibbs and Priefer as coaches here.

I guess they were partly listening it has been updated and Gibbs is gone but Priefer is still there.

EyePod
01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
Don't forget this play!

That's the play where I began to like Polomaulu when he was arguing with the ref that they SHOULDN'T have called a penalty on LJ because his hand was stuck in his hair.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 02:34 PM

Mr. Williams sure did shake the pillars of heaven in his NFL career...:rolleyes:

the Talking Can
01-19-2009, 02:36 PM
herm's a goner

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 02:39 PM
herm's a goner

Can we then assume that "Countdown to Hair Lip Removal and All Other Herm-Based Images" has begun in earnest?

?

?

?

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Mr. Williams sure did shake the pillars of heaven in his NFL career...:rolleyes:

Kyle Turley.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Kyle Turley.

All time numerical roster says 'Brett Williams'.

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
All time numerical roster says 'Brett Williams'.

Trust me, it's Kyle Turley.

rtmike
01-19-2009, 02:50 PM

Just so happens to be Herm's Jets'.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4493/turleyyi1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Trust me, it's Kyle Turley.

Well they must have not cared about the guy too much, because he isn't listed in ANY of the archives.

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Just so happens to be Herm's Jets'.

ROFL Nice job! I have no idea why, but I was watching that game live. Nice toss Kyle! ROFL Roid Rage?!

HemiEd
01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Well they must have not cared about the guy too much, because he isn't listed in ANY of the archives.

Some things they would probably like to forget. He was the definition of a failed signing with the Chiefs, pathetic.

Fritz88
01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Gailey is a decent OC. Would guys live with him as our HC?

Micjones
01-19-2009, 03:11 PM

Not long-term.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2009, 03:13 PM

Interim HC to get our man next season.

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
Interim HC to get our man next season.

Same problem as keeping Herm - what assistant coach in his right mind is going to take a job knowing it's short term?

Mr_Tomahawk
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Same problem as keeping Herm - what assistant coach in his right mind is going to take a job knowing it's short term?

True. :grr:

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-19-2009, 03:17 PM

He doesn't want the job.

MVChiefFan
01-19-2009, 03:18 PM
That throw from Turley was horrible!!! LOL I think it got caught on his thumb but that thing went straight sideways. If you look at his face right after he threw it I think he was even a little surprised at where it went.

Fritz88
01-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Not long-term.

We had a very inexperienced QB, we grabbed a released receiver from Chicago, our main targets were TG and DBowe who throws most of his balls. We had a shithole RB who was not in his top form most of the games.

Yet he (Gailey) created some awesome force. It only needed experience and poise in Thigpen's part to score more points in the second half.

Come one guys, I am really starting to think that Gailey is a genius to be able to turn our offense the way he did last year.

royr17
01-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Hell I thought Brett Williams was going to be a good player, he sure fooled me.

FringeNC
01-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Chiefs' OC considered in Tampa Bay (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1423/Chiefs--OC-considered-in-Tampa-Bay.html)

January 19, 2009 5:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

If Herm Edwards remains in Kansas City for the final year of his contract, he may have to reconstruct his coaching staff.

While new Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli continues to ponder whether Edwards will be back or not, his assistants are looking at other jobs. It is being reported that offensive coordinator Chan Gailey is a candidate for the same job in Tampa Bay. Gailey just finished his first season in Kansas City.

Kansas City defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham has talked to the Lions. Last week, secondary coach David Gibbs went to Houston and special teams coach Mike Priefer went to Denver.

The Chiefs coaches have been allowed to pursue other jobs while the Chiefs decide what to do. A decision on Edwards' future is expected sometime this week. The fact that other coaches are looking elsewhere could be an indication that the belief in Kansas City is that Edwards will not be back. But until Pioli makes his decision, Edwards remains in play in Kansas City

StcChief
01-19-2009, 07:40 PM

*edit* and this picture actually shows him well below 300lbs, post roids.and the attack on Martz will in STL.