PDA

View Full Version : Football cnnsi truth and rumors-- Cowher next year?

King_Chief_Fan
01-19-2009, 02:52 PM
If this is a repost, I really don't care

From CNNSI:

Cowher to Chiefs in 2010? (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/86431-cowher-to-chiefs-in-2010)

<DL class=item-stats><DT class=views_bug>Views </DT><DD class=views_count>21832 </DD><DT class=comment_bug>Comments </DT><DD class=comment_count>59 </DD></DL>
07:41 AM ET 01.17
<!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON BEGIN -->Share (http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php)<SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT> <!-- ADDTHIS BUTTON END -->
Print It (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/86431?print=true)
My T&R (http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/mine)

File this one under a Chief area to watch next season. CBS analyst Boomer Esiason said on his WFAN-NY radio show this week that he would not be surprised if Chiefs (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/12) general manager Scott Pioli hired Bill Cowher to coach Kansas City in 2010. This is intriguing on any number of levels. For starters, Esiason works with Cowher and is familiar with his thinking. Then there is the matter of Esiason also saying that Cowher and Pioli are close friends. Also, Cowher served as the Chiefs (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/12) defensive coordinator from 1989-???91, so he is familiar with the city. And Pioli appears to have been stymied so far in his search for Kansas City's next head coach. Sources around the league insist that Pioli had interest in bringing along Patriots (http://www.fannation.com/tags/show_tag/17) offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels as his head coach, but Denver hired him. Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz also is thought to appeal to Pioli, but the indications are that he is not willing to leave school.

If that article is even close to true, we have Herm for one more season with no assistants. 2009 season will be a throw away year waiting for Cowher.

Brock
01-19-2009, 02:54 PM
That's ridiculous. Why would you have to wait to hire Cowher?

KC kid
01-19-2009, 02:56 PM

If we are stuck with Herm for one year to go get Cowher, can you please just put me in a one year coma so i I do not have to watch the crap

the Talking Can
01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
esiason was speculating, he was not basing it off of anything...

OnTheWarpath15
Yeah, that was posted last week. Wednesday maybe.

And Brock's right. That's retarded. Why would anyone wait a year for Cowher?

OnTheWarpath15
esiason was speculating, he was not basing it off of anything...

This.

Sofa King
01-19-2009, 02:58 PM
why take a chance in losing him and not sign him now?

and if he doesnt want to coach now, why would he want to coach next year?

too many questions with this... thanks for posting though.

King_Chief_Fan
01-19-2009, 03:00 PM
I am curious as to why it is thought that Pioli is stymied in his hunt for a new head coach? Who and what is stopping him?

HolyHandgernade
01-19-2009, 03:00 PM
I believe Cowher has not budged from his position that he doesn't want to coach this upcoming year due to family obligations. If he doesn't want to coach this year, then if you want him, you have to be willing to wait. Its not like Cowher needs the money.

-HH

Demonpenz
01-19-2009, 03:01 PM
We are going to wait a year to get cower then herm is going 9-7 next year and instead of getting cowher we stay with herm

Brock
01-19-2009, 03:01 PM
I believe Cowher has not budged from his position that he doesn't want to coach this upcoming year due to family obligations. If he doesn't want to coach this year, then if you want him, you have to be willing to wait. Its not like Cowher needs the money.

-HH

He could decide the same thing next year. It makes no sense to wait on him.

BWillie
01-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Marty or Cowher will probably equal the same results. He routinely put his team in the playoffs and then would fail. Sure he won one Super Bowl, but they won their division 9 times. Cowher just has a little more luck on his side.

Sfeihc
Cowher is overrated. He's a glorified Herm.

OnTheWarpath15
I am curious as to why it is thought that Pioli is stymied in his hunt for a new head coach? Who and what is stopping him?

I doubt he's been "stymied" at all.

The media didn't have the foggiest fucking clue when it came to the process in hiring Pioli, no reason to think they've gotten wise to the HC situation.

For all we know, he's talked to a handful of people trying to determine interest.

Senior Bowl week is like a big job fair to NFL coaches. Something will happen this week, IMO.

HolyHandgernade
01-19-2009, 03:04 PM
He could decide the same thing next year. It makes no sense to wait on him.

OH, I agree, the way it appeared it seemed as though you were saying it was silly to not just sign him this year, like it was the Chief's long term plans. Sorry for the misinterpretation.

-HH

DJ's left nut
01-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Cowher is a good coach, he's not Jesus.

No coach in the league is so good that they're worth punting an entire season for, not with a lame duck head coach like Herm still on board. That would create an institutional culture of malaise and failure that would take years to recover from.

Either Herm's your coach and you extend him (in which case I will light myself on fire) or he's not and you fire his ass and get a new guy. If that's Cowher, okay. If it's not, there are a whole lot of brilliant football minds out there looking for a shot at the big chair, go find one.

This entire line of speculation presumes that Pioli is a moron, I don't buy it for a minute.

MVChiefFan
01-19-2009, 03:05 PM
You can't keep Herm and everyone know you're just stickin' it to him for one year until we get someone else. I think we'll set ourselves back even further if we do this. s*** or get of the pot!

DaWolf
01-19-2009, 03:06 PM
These are the same sources who had no idea what was going on with Clark Hunt's GM search, so they started throwing everything at the wall and seeing if it sticks. Pioli and Hunt don't strike me as guys who are going to start telling people who they want to hire so that those people can blab around it to the world. Ferentz IMHO has always been and will always be a smokescreen...

Micjones
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah, that was posted last week. Wednesday maybe.

And Brock's right. That's retarded. Why would anyone wait a year for Cowher?

It's ridiculous.

A lot can change in a year.
He could have a change of heart and we'd still stand in need of a Head Coach.

Fritz88
01-19-2009, 03:07 PM
I honestly have no idea why would everyone bring Ferentz's name up. What's so special about him?

Also, I do not mind waiting for Cowher. But all indications is that Pioli is going to hire a nobody to run the Chiefs (a nobody meaning someone who never worked as a HC)

tooge
01-19-2009, 03:09 PM
There was a good chance Pioli had a feeling about coming to KC before Denver hired McDaniels. I think Pioli has his eye on someone entirely different. If he wanted McDaniels he could have probably gotten him to wait a week. If he wanted Spagnolu he could have had him. No way is he "stymmied". He is waiting for something, none of us know what yet, but give it time.

Micjones
01-19-2009, 03:11 PM
The end of the season perhaps?
Is he looking at a Todd Haley?

keg in kc
01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
There was a good chance Pioli had a feeling about coming to KC before Denver hired McDaniels. I think Pioli has his eye on someone entirely different. If he wanted McDaniels he could have probably gotten him to wait a week. If he wanted Spagnolu he could have had him. No way is he "stymmied". He is waiting for something, none of us know what yet, but give it time.People on the super bowl staffs can interview this week, correct? Or is it next week? Or am I hallucinating?

That's my guess. Either that, or someone off the Ravens/Eagles staffs.

Judging by the way they handled Pioli's hiring, the sheer thoroughness of the process, and all the talk about making the right decisions, my guess is they're going to interview everybody on their list before making their hire.

orange
01-19-2009, 03:14 PM
It's ridiculous.

A lot can change in a year.
He could have a change of heart and we'd still stand in need of a Head Coach.

And Pioli should know this better than anyone, considering what happened with Belichick and the Jets.

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
People on the super bowl staffs can interview this week, correct? Or is it next week? Or am I hallucinating?

That's my guess. Either that, or someone off the Ravens/Eagles staffs.

Judging by the way they handled Pioli's hiring, the sheer thoroughness of the process, and all the talk about making the right decisions, my guess is they're going to interview everybody on their list before making their hire.

They can interview, but cannot hire until February 2.

jjchieffan
01-19-2009, 03:20 PM

Yeah, Cowher is overrated. Try preaching that opinion when it is not two coaches from the Cowher tree in the Superbowl.

orange
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
There was a good chance Pioli had a feeling about coming to KC before Denver hired McDaniels. I think Pioli has his eye on someone entirely different. If he wanted McDaniels he could have probably gotten him to wait a week. If he wanted Spagnolu he could have had him. No way is he "stymmied". He is waiting for something, none of us know what yet, but give it time.

And so the legend begins. "Don" Pioli merely lifts a finger and every coaching prospect in the league turns down certain job offers for the mere chance of a possible interview with the Capo! :shake:

For a team that hasn't done shit in over 30 years, the Chiefs sure have some fans that are full of themselves.

sedated
01-19-2009, 03:23 PM
Cowher just has a little more luck on his side.

and refs in his pocket.

Cowher would be an even bigger failure than Marty if he wasn't handed his championship by the boys in black and white

Brock
01-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, Cowher is overrated. Try preaching that opinion when it is not two coaches from the Cowher tree in the Superbowl.

It's not two coaches from the "Cowher tree".

aturnis
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
why take a chance in losing him and not sign him now?

and if he doesnt want to coach now, why would he want to coach next year?

too many questions with this... thanks for posting though.

There are already numerous reports of him not wanting to coach this year. Something about family. I dunno. Daughters, college, and basketball all ring a bell, as well and N.Y. I believe.

nychief
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
I don't feel like the coaching pool is limited at the moment. Pioli can take his time because he can chose from veteran coach with championships (Shanahan, Gruden, Cowher - to a much lesser degree Bilick, Fassel), and there are still up and comers available (Haley, Bowles etc...). The way I see it Pioli is no need to hurry...

DaneMcCloud
01-19-2009, 03:35 PM

WTF are you talking about?

Who are the two coaches "from the Cowher tree"?

rambleonthruthefog
01-19-2009, 03:43 PM

amen. winners are winners(cowher) and losers are losers(herm) once again people, you can't agrue facts. who here has a problem with 9 conf championships. like 4 afc championship appearances, a couple of SB appearances and a lombardi trophy. some of you really are retarded.

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 03:45 PM
amen. winners are winners(cowher) and losers are losers(herm) once again people you can't agrue facts.

If it wasnt from an absolute disgraceful gift from the Refs in the superbowl, Cowher would still be considered Marty Jr and not a winner...

A little bit of help and now he is a Football God? Bitch, Please!

nychief
01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
WTF are you talking about?

Who are the two coaches "from the Cowher tree"?

Whisenhunt was Cowher's OC...

Tomlin, not so much... he is from Tampa.

CaliforniaChief
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Nobody has a clue what's going on at Arrowhead anymore. The leaks have been patched, and the new leadership of the Chiefs is in control. My take on it is that Pioli is still evaluating the entire team and Herm/staff in particular. Pioli isn't going to wait to fire Herm until he's sure "his guy" is available and lined up and guaranteed to say yes. He's going to evaluate Herm and if he isn't the guy, then he's going to fire him. If he is the guy, then he'll extend his contract. If Herm isn't the guy Pioli wants to build around, he'll then start his search from that point. The word I keep hearing about Pioli is methodical. He's going to do what he feels is right, no matter what the timetable.

If Pioli truly felt Cowher was the guy, then he'd have to travel down to Carolina and make a run at him. If Cowher said no, then you move on to another guy. But I agree with the earlier-stated comment that the next HC probably isn't a rock-star or high profile coach. None of those high profile guys probably want to be a part of a leadership team.

rambleonthruthefog
01-19-2009, 03:53 PM
If it wasnt from an absolute disgraceful gift from the Refs in the superbowl, Cowher would still be considered Marty Jr and not a winner...

A little bit of help and now he is a Football God? Bitch, Please!

winners have winning records in the reg season, 149-90 and the playoffs 12-9

losers have losing records in the reg season,54-73 and the playoffs 2-4

winners have division championships 8 or 9 fro cowher

losers have are lucky to have 1 edwards

winners have lamar hunt trophies 2 for cowher

losers have none edwards

winners have lombardi trophys

losers don't.

not sayin hes a football god, just sayin you can't argue with his winning ways. its stupid. if the chiefs had that kind of record over the past 15 or so years, we would all be saying that our franchise is one of the top 3 franchised in the history of this game. unfortunately thats not our record.
that being said, i'll buy whatever pioli sells me. other than herm of course.

sedated
01-19-2009, 04:10 PM
winners have lombardi trophys

losers don't.

I cannot fuking stand that this is an arguement for Cowher being a good coach.

Anyone who brings up Cowher's championship should be forced to re-watch that super bowl and write an essay on the horrific officiating.

CaliforniaChief
01-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I forgot in my previous post to list my preferences for Head Coach:

1. Todd Bowles (He is 45, has been under Parcells' tutelage for years, and seems to have a desire to turn around a messed-up team. His experience in Miami helps in that regard, as well.

2. Kirk Ferentz (I realize his age is higher and he might not even want to leave the Hawkeyes, but I think he's a good leader and would have the kind of persona that would make him a very good NFL coach. He's very level-headed, not the rah-rah guy that lots of college guys are.)

3. Leslie Frazier (49 years old, has solid results everywhere he's gone. As Bengals D-Backfield coach, they improved +12 on takeaways, including 20 INT's. As Indy's D-Backs coach, they went from 15th to 2nd in passing defense and was part of the Super Bowl championship staff with Dungy. His work as D-Coordinator with Minnesota has been good as well. I would just question his ability to translate that into Head Coaching skills.

4. Brian Billick (he probably fits into the rock-star category I just said I didn't think would fit, but he's been out long enough now to maybe reinvent himself a little bit. He's well-rounded in his understanding of the league and how offense/defense works, and could excel in his second job much like Belichick did with his.

rambleonthruthefog
01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
I cannot fuking stand that this is an arguement for Cowher being a good coach.

Anyone who brings up Cowher's championship should be forced to re-watch that super bowl and write an essay on the horrific officiating.

yeah, who uses winning as a barometer for whether or not a coach knows what he is doing? idiot
there is no argument against cowhers coaching abilities that holds water. they are all b.s. go to the record. go to the trophys. facts cannot be arguesd

jjchieffan
01-19-2009, 04:20 PM

Oh yeah. I forgot that tomlin was from Minnesota. Still, Wisenhunt is from Cowhers tree and what he has done in Arizona is remarkable to say the least.

Brock
01-19-2009, 04:22 PM
yeah, who uses winning as a barometer for whether or not a coach knows what he is doing? idiot
there is no argument against cowhers coaching abilities that holds water. they are all b.s. go to the record. go to the trophys. facts cannot be arguesd

Please. Cowher should have had more than one of those trophies.

blueballs
01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Cowher gets to share a stage with
Morino-Sharpe-Eaison
his IQ is faultering by the hour -pass

sedated
01-19-2009, 04:30 PM

there's a difference between real "winning" and "winning in the regular season, then pissing on yourself every year in the playoffs, until the NFL (mafia) fixes a super bowl by having the refs fuk the seahawks in the ass"

Reerun_KC
01-19-2009, 04:31 PM
there's a difference between real "winning" and "winning in the regular season, then pissing on yourself every year in the playoffs, until the NFL (mafia) fixes a super bowl by having the refs fuk the seahawks in the ass"
:clap:

You said this much politer than I could...

kstater
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
He's only been on the job for less than a week? :shrug:

crazycoffey
01-19-2009, 04:34 PM

seriously, stop smoking weed, it's killing your brain cells...

ken and mike leave the coordinators jobs to become coaches and lead both their teams to the SB. I'm going to stand my ground on "team efforts" here, in all facets...

crazycoffey
01-19-2009, 04:37 PM
I forgot in my previous post to list my preferences for Head Coach:

1. Todd Bowles (He is 45, has been under Parcells' tutelage for years, and seems to have a desire to turn around a messed-up team. His experience in Miami helps in that regard, as well.

2. Kirk Ferentz (I realize his age is higher and he might not even want to leave the Hawkeyes, but I think he's a good leader and would have the kind of persona that would make him a very good NFL coach. He's very level-headed, not the rah-rah guy that lots of college guys are.)

3. Leslie Frazier (49 years old, has solid results everywhere he's gone. As Bengals D-Backfield coach, they improved +12 on takeaways, including 20 INT's. As Indy's D-Backs coach, they went from 15th to 2nd in passing defense and was part of the Super Bowl championship staff with Dungy. His work as D-Coordinator with Minnesota has been good as well. I would just question his ability to translate that into Head Coaching skills.

4. Brian Billick (he probably fits into the rock-star category I just said I didn't think would fit, but he's been out long enough now to maybe reinvent himself a little bit. He's well-rounded in his understanding of the league and how offense/defense works, and could excel in his second job much like Belichick did with his.

I wonder why Russ Grimm isn't getting much play for any HC postion...

DaneMcCloud
01-19-2009, 04:38 PM

I understand that. But Whisenhunt had a decade long career before arriving in Pittsburgh. He's not exactly a "home grown" coach.

TEX
01-19-2009, 04:42 PM
If we are stuck with Herm for one year to go get Cowher, can you please just put me in a one year coma so i I do not have to watch the crap

:banghead: I'm with ya!

sedated
01-19-2009, 04:45 PM
seriously, stop smoking weed, it's killing your brain cells...

did anybody actually WATCH that super bowl?

its like once the result is etched into the record books, everyone forgets about the details.

Chief Roundup
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM

OLine coaches haven't had success as HC

Frazod
01-19-2009, 04:55 PM

its like once the result is etched into the record books, everyone forgets about the details.

There are certain people here who simply cannot accept the obvious corruption in the NFL. At first, the blown, game-changing call was an honest mistake. Later, the blown call will be quickly dismissed, since the losing team should have done something else to negate it. At this point, you become a whiner for pointing out the truth. And eventually, it'll be "what blown call?" Then you become a liar for point out the truth.

Of course, the NFL loves these people.

I think these same folks believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and that George W. Bush has always had their bests interests in mind.

:shake:

crazycoffey
01-19-2009, 05:04 PM

I did, I was watching from a tent in Cuba with 30 other men and maybe 2-3 women. I remember a few "suspect" calls, but nothing that inspires an all out conspiracy theory; which is what you spouted off to....

crazycoffey
01-19-2009, 05:07 PM
OLine coaches haven't had success as HC

I just referred one that's having success as an assistant coach and this is the best response you got?

Brock
01-19-2009, 05:10 PM
I just referred one that's having success as an assistant coach and this is the best response you got?

What O line coach has successfully made the transition to head coach?

Demonpenz
01-19-2009, 05:11 PM
John Madden

crazycoffey
01-19-2009, 05:17 PM
LOL

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2009, 05:18 PM

I have some buddies who are die-hard Steelers fans. The word is that Grimm is a great coach, but he doesn't have a lot between the ears. Take that for what it's worth.

chiefzilla1501
01-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Please. Cowher should have had more than one of those trophies.

Only 12 coaches share that distinction. And more than half of them are legendary.

That's like drafting a QB and saying he's a complete failure if he's not Joe Montana.

Brock
01-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Only 12 coaches share that distinction. And more than half of them are legendary.

That's like drafting a QB and saying he's a complete failure if he's not Joe Montana.

I guess by your standard, the Chiefs would be well served by hiring Dan Reeves. After all, he went to the Super Bowl a bunch of times.

crazycoffey
01-19-2009, 05:38 PM
John Madden

don't forget'

Tony Sparano
Andy Reid
Tom Cable
Art Shell (m'eh)

Brock
01-19-2009, 05:42 PM
don't forget'

Tony Sparano
Andy Reid
Tom Cable
Art Shell (m'eh)

Hm. that's interesting, although Madden wasn't an O Line coach, at least not in the NFL.

rambleonthruthefog
01-19-2009, 05:42 PM

is that the only game he coached? are you retarded? outside of that game how did he do? and he is no marty, he won in the playoffs more than he didn't.

rambleonthruthefog
01-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Here is a list of the coaches with the best winning percentage

John Madden .759 John Madden .750
Vince Lombardi .739* Vince Lombardi .728
George Allen .712 George Allen .705
Blanton Collier .691 Blanton Collier .688
George Halas .682 Don Shula .676
Don Shula .677 George Halas .671
Joe Gibbs .648 Joe Gibbs .648
George Seifert .648 George Seifert .648
Tony Dungy .638 Tony Dungy .638
Bill Cowher .632 Bill Cowher .632
Curly Lambeau .631 Andy Reid .625
Andy Reid .625 Curly Lambeau .622
Paul Brown .624 Mike Shanahan .622
Mike Shanahan .622 Paul Brown .621
Bud Grant .621 Bud Grant .620

everyone of these guys is an excellant coach. again, for the idiots, you can't argue facts.

Danman
01-19-2009, 05:58 PM

because he was a founding member of the Mangini Diet and Weight Loss Center of America, Now pass me another jelly doughnut.

Mr. Laz
01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
i have no idea whether this is true ......

but they COULD be waiting to hire Cowher because he can talk to any coach he wants BEFORE he's hired.

the team can't

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2009, 07:06 PM
i have no idea whether this is true ......

but they COULD be waiting to hire Cowher because he can talk to any coach he wants BEFORE he's hired.

the team can't

Shit, Laz.

That's a HELL of a point.

I honestly don't think it has anything to do with the delay, but it's a damn good point. If BC was talking to potential assistants, word would have gotten out by now - there's no way that could be kept secret.

Could it?

Friendo
01-19-2009, 07:12 PM
We are going to wait a year to get cower then herm is going 9-7 next year and instead of getting cowher we stay with herm

actually that is exactly what happened with the Panthers this year*, so don't laugh.

(*shaky Jake at 12-4 is equivalent to Chiefs at 9-7)

RINGLEADER
01-19-2009, 07:43 PM

Herm -- 54-74 reg season, 2-4 post season
Cowher -- 149-90-1 reg season, 12-9 post season, incl Super Bowl

There I go quoting stats again... :rolleyes:

rambleonthruthefog
01-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Herm -- 54-74 reg season, 2-4 post season
Cowher -- 149-90-1 reg season, 12-9 post season, incl Super Bowl

There I go quoting stats again... :rolleyes:

facts aren't good enough for some of the halfwits on this site.

"Bob" Dobbs
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Seems like somebody brought this up once before, but what IF Herm stayed thru 09? That'd give Pioli 2 years worth of high draft picks to give to WHOEVER coaches us in 2010. That doesn't suck.

splatbass
01-20-2009, 01:15 AM
:clap:

You said this much politer than I could...

Be honest, you aren't going to be happy no matter who they hire, right? I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive about the Chiefs.

kcxiv
01-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Be honest, you aren't going to be happy no matter who they hire, right? I don't think I've ever seen you say anything positive about the Chiefs.

Yeah, he's pretty bitter about hiring any ex head coach.

I dont care who they hire. Its not goign to make a difference if i get all butthurt about it, i have 0 control over it, but Pioli knows what he's doing, he's seen how a top organization is ran. We dont know. lol

Fat Elvis
01-20-2009, 09:26 AM
Here is a list of the coaches with the best winning percentage

John Madden .759 John Madden .750
Vince Lombardi .739* Vince Lombardi .728
George Allen .712 George Allen .705
Blanton Collier .691 Blanton Collier .688
George Halas .682 Don Shula .676
Don Shula .677 George Halas .671
Joe Gibbs .648 Joe Gibbs .648
George Seifert .648 George Seifert .648
Tony Dungy .638 Tony Dungy .638
Bill Cowher .632 Bill Cowher .632
Curly Lambeau .631 Andy Reid .625
Andy Reid .625 Curly Lambeau .622
Paul Brown .624 Mike Shanahan .622
Mike Shanahan .622 Paul Brown .621
Bud Grant .621 Bud Grant .620

everyone of these guys is an excellant coach. again, for the idiots, you can't argue facts.

New around here, huh?

sedated
01-20-2009, 09:29 AM
is that the only game he coached? are you retarded? outside of that game how did he do?

let me remind you that YOU were the one who based cowher's "greatness" on the fact that he won a super bowl.

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
let me remind you that YOU were the one who based cowher's "greatness" on the fact that he won a super bowl.

no, i based it upon an entire career of succes at every level of the game. read up fool.

chagrin
01-20-2009, 12:26 PM
and refs in his pocket.

Cowher would be an even bigger failure than Marty if he wasn't handed his championship by the boys in black and white

Cinsistently superior drafting, consistently superior coaching players up to play with heart, 4 AFC title games, 2 Super Bowl Appearances, 1 SB victory. (do I need to remind you that Seattle couldn't run the ball, were held to 1 first down in the first half of that game and couldn't convert on 3rd down the entire Super Bowl).
And he left the program in tip top shape.

Yeah, what a colossal failure Bill cowher is.

What the hell is in the water up there, you all are drinking?

bdeg
01-20-2009, 12:42 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/01/20/the-tuna-will-soon-be-on-the-clock/

"Once the deal is done, V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells will have a 30-day window within which to walk away from the remaining three years of his contract, with $12 million in hand and the ability to promptly accept employment with another team."

RustShack
01-20-2009, 12:45 PM
no, i based it upon an entire career of succes at every level of the game. read up fool.

No one would be talking about Cowher right now if the refs didn't help him win the Super Bowl.

SAUTO
01-20-2009, 12:50 PM
No one would be talking about Cowher right now if the refs didn't help him win the Super Bowl.

sorry but this is bullshit,149-90-1 reg season, 12 - 9 playoffs .623 winning % 8 div titles in 15 years 10 playoff berths 2 sb appearances one of 6 coaches to have at least 7 div titles, i could go on but that pretty much dispels your theory

RustShack
01-20-2009, 12:53 PM
sorry but this is bullshit,149-90-1 reg season, 12 - 9 playoffs .623 winning % 8 div titles in 15 years 10 playoff berths 2 sb appearances one of 6 coaches to have at least 7 div titles, i could go on but that pretty much dispels your theory

Yeah I could make up excuses too if I had a wet dream over someone. I know its impossible for you to say you wouldn't feel differently if he hadn't won when your so hard for the guy.

RustShack
01-20-2009, 12:54 PM
If Marty won a Super Bowl a lot more people would be drooling over him right now.

SAUTO
01-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah I could make up excuses too if I had a wet dream over someone. I know its impossible for you to say you wouldn't feel differently if he hadn't won when your so hard for the guy.

i'm actually not hard for the guy just that you're wrong

RustShack
205-139-1 overall and 101-58-1 with the Chiefs. He wins but the difference between Marty and Cowher is one won the SB and the other didn't.

Reerun_KC
If Marty won a Super Bowl a lot more people would be drooling over him right now.

True, but he didnt, hasnt and wont....

SAUTO

nope why probably that 5- 13 postseason record kills him

RustShack
01-20-2009, 12:58 PM
i'm actually not hard for the guy just that you're wrong

How do you know I'm wrong? There is no possible way you can say that without going back in time and Cowher not winning the Super Bowl after 15 years with one team.

SAUTO
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
How do you know I'm wrong? There is no possible way you can say that without going back in time and Cowher not winning the Super Bowl after 15 years with one team.

i already showed the difference between the 2 if you cant get it i dont know what to tell you he also went to another did marty?

RustShack
01-20-2009, 01:01 PM
i already showed the difference between the 2 if you cant get it i dont know what to tell you he also went to another did marty?

Probably could have if he had stayed with the Chargers for 15 years.

buddha
01-20-2009, 01:03 PM
That piece was bullshit from start to finish. First of all, Cowher isn't looking for a job in 2009, and that's based on his words not Boomer's. Second, there have NEVER been more experienced, top-end coaches out of work as there are today. That "stymied" comment was just nonsense. I'd take Gruden in a heart beat. Shannahan ain't bad either. The list goes on and on.

RustShack
01-20-2009, 01:06 PM
That piece was bullshit from start to finish. First of all, Cowher isn't looking for a job in 2009, and that's based on his words not Boomer's. Second, there have NEVER been more experienced, top-end coaches out of work as there are today. That "stymied" comment was just nonsense. I'd take Gruden in a heart beat. Shannahan ain't bad either. The list goes on and on.

When did you talk to Cowher?

SAUTO
01-20-2009, 03:11 PM
When did you talk to Cowher?

HE'S the real estate agent in leawood:D