4. N Davis
5. R Bomar

That is all....

SAUTO
01-19-2009, 07:16 PM
sanchez FTW

Ebolapox
01-19-2009, 07:17 PM
wonder how he has them graded out so far...

Saul Good
01-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Bomar's stock is going to keep rising.

Frazod
01-19-2009, 07:23 PM
I still can't understand how Freeman rates so high. Is merely being tall that important? I mean, have none of these people ever watched him play?

SAUTO
01-19-2009, 07:24 PM
I still can't understand how Freeman rates so high. Is merely being tall that important? I mean, have none of these people ever watched him play?

ROFL obviously not

OnTheWarpath15
01-19-2009, 07:24 PM

He's tall, and he has a cannon for an arm.

To some people, that's all that matters.

SAUTO
01-19-2009, 07:25 PM

fatmarcus?

Saul Good
01-19-2009, 07:26 PM

Freeman reminds me of watching Chris Simms and just hoping that the Chiefs wouldn't be the ones dumb enough to draft him. In the end, Simms slid down the board on draft day, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to Freeman.

Buehler445
01-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I watched Bomar play KU and thought he did an OK job. Not super, but could be serviceable. His knee is FUBAR though.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Ive never seen Nate Davis play. Is he that good?

DeezNutz
01-19-2009, 07:34 PM
It's bothersome that Freeman is being rated above N. Davis.

I don't know much about Davis, but I've seen Freeman play plenty.

Mr. Laz
01-19-2009, 07:39 PM
I still can't understand how Freeman rates so high. Is merely being tall that important? I mean, have none of these people ever watched him play?makes you question the rest of his QB ratings ... doesn't it!?!

Chiefnj2
01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
That Senior Bowl coverage was pretty poor except for the brief game film breakdown on Stafford.

KevB
01-19-2009, 08:04 PM
For all the Freeman critics....what about him makes you believe he's a terrible prospect? You realize the team he played on and the coaches he had, right? You understand his oline was garbage, his best WR was 5'5, his RB was moved to that position midway through this season and it was the first time he's played the position in college? And not to mention the enormous pressure on the passing game due to his team having one of the worst defenses in the country over the past three seasons? Despite that, he put up ok numbers that were better each of his three seasons. He has his issues, but I think they're overblown on this board.

ChiTown
01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
For all the Freeman critics....what about him makes you believe he's a terrible prospect? You realize the team he played on and the coaches he had, right? You understand his oline was garbage, his best WR was 5'5, his RB was moved to that position midway through this season and it was the first time he's played the position in college? And not to mention the enormous pressure on the passing game due to his team having one of the worst defenses in the country over the past three seasons? Despite that, he put up ok numbers that were better each of his three seasons. He has his issues, but I think they're overblown on this board.

Shhhhhhhhhhh! He sucks. This is a uk and muTT bb. Only their players are worth a shit. It's pretty obvious from all of their B12 Championships that they know what the F they are talking about regarding college talent. So SFTU nOOb!

Mecca
01-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Freeman is everything physically you could ask for a QB to be...and Nate Davis is kind of short...there you go...

People may not like Freeman but it was pretty obvious to anyone that knows anything about how the draft works he'd be pretty well thought of.

It's why I and several other posters routinely made comments that he would be the highest drafted QB in the big 12 despite all the other guys getting hype.

'Hamas' Jenkins
01-19-2009, 08:39 PM

He's also shown no development over the course of three years at K-State. He's basically the same guy he was in high school.

He's a poor man's Jason Campbell.

Mecca
01-19-2009, 08:41 PM
He's also shown no development over the course of three years at K-State. He's basically the same guy he was in high school.

He'll probably workout better than Campbell....but I'm not a fan of his either.

Saul Good
01-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Freeman is everything physically you could ask for a QB to be...and Nate Davis is kind of short...there you go...

People may not like Freeman but it was pretty obvious to anyone that knows anything about how the draft works he'd be pretty well thought of.

It's why I and several other posters routinely made comments that he would be the highest drafted QB in the big 12 despite all the other guys getting hype.

You really think that he would have been drafted ahead of Bradford? I'm not a fan of either of their pro prospects, but Bradford would have gone at least 15 picks ahead of Freeman.

BryanBusby
01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Bomar's stock is going to keep rising.

Unless he turns it around towards the end of the Senior Bowl week, I'd say his stock is going to fall. He was outplayed by Graham Harrell.

eazyb81
01-19-2009, 09:52 PM

Agree with you, but there's really no point in arguing with some of these people over Freeman because there are so many B12/KC biases in the way. Freeman put up good numbers considering the talent on his team, he improved each year, and most importantly, he has the things you can't coach: size, arm, and athleticism.

He's far from perfect, but there's a reason why unbiased analysts and fans rank Freeman higher than people on here do.

KevB
01-19-2009, 10:22 PM

That's just not true, he did get better. He was mostly awful as a freshman, and then had some sparks as a sophomore (see Texas game). This year he started well, but all the issues within the program finally took a toll I believe. I'm not saying he's perfect, but some people on the board act as if he's got no shot -- and they're wrong. The point by eazy about the biases is on point IMO.

Mr. Laz
01-19-2009, 10:25 PM
but it was pretty obvious to anyone that knows anything about how the draft worksarrogant ass fuck ........ every freaking post is laced with it

Delano
01-19-2009, 10:27 PM
arrogant ass fuck ........ every freaking post is laced with it

That was a Mel Kiper Jr. type comment. No surprise it came outta Mecca.

ROFL

alanm
01-19-2009, 10:51 PM

It's why I and several other posters routinely made comments that he would be the highest drafted QB in the big 12 despite all the other guys getting hype.I agree. He has all the physical tools. It's his mental command of the game that people are unsure about.

BWillie
01-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Will Chase Daniel even get drafted?

Brock
01-19-2009, 11:08 PM
I agree. He has all the physical tools. It's his mental command of the game that people are unsure about.

I don't see why. Ben Roethlisberger is not exactly a rocket scientist.

Deberg_1990
01-19-2009, 11:10 PM

my guess is no.

Some team will pick him up as a FA after the draft.

DeezNutz
01-19-2009, 11:10 PM

After his performance this past weekend, I'd be willing to bet, "No."

Coach
01-19-2009, 11:11 PM

The question is, how much of his development was hindered with poor coaching? Kansas State had pretty terrible coaches during his time in Manhattan. How can a player develop if it's being hindered with a terrible QB coach?

Somewhat like to Thigpen to Dick Curl.

smittysbar
01-19-2009, 11:22 PM
Posted this in another thread, but this is probably were it belongs

Mayock earlier on the NFL Network.

Don't know if I agree with him, but just watched, On the Road to the Draft, on NFL Network. They are at the Senior Bowl.

He said Staford has a real strong arm and can make every throw you want but is inaccurate at times and makes poor decisions. He said Sanchez worries him just because of his starting experience, but that he has a pretty big arm himself. Just don't see a Ryan or Flaco in the Draft right now. He said, "I am not ready to say that they are top ten talent"

I think it is getting ready to replay at 11:30 Central

CrazyPhuD
01-20-2009, 12:16 AM
That was a Mel Kiper Jr. type comment. No surprise it came outta Mecca.

ROFL

The only question is which end did it come out of?

RustShack
01-20-2009, 12:53 AM
People who hate Freeman just don't understand there is a difference between college and NFL QB's.

txhawk
01-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Freeman lacked any kind of passion in the 15 or so games I saw him play. Didn't seem like much of a leader. Also, I tend to believe the OC lacked some confidence in him as well as they rarely let him try and win games with his arm.

No doubt physically he looks prototypical. So did Ryan Leaf. His best days were when he had Jordy, and most the time it was short passes that Jordy converted to big plays if it was over 20 yards.

Personally I think his development was hindered by the coaching staff, but he didn't improve exponentially over the years. Hope he isn't a Chief.

ChiTown
01-20-2009, 09:00 AM
The question is, how much of his development was hindered with poor coaching? Kansas State had pretty terrible coaches during his time in Manhattan. How can a player develop if it's being hindered with a terrible QB coach?

Somewhat like to Thigpen to Dick Curl.

Coaching was a HUGE part of it. Someone mentioned that he didn't get better in his 3 yrs at KSU. While that is just flat out wrong, the point is somewhat in tact. He never got the tutelage that a young QB needs to learn the finer points in the game that can make a good QB great.

He is not, imo, a good fit for the Chiefs. However, he'd be a great fit for a team looking for a QBOTF who can carry a clip board for a year before he sees some PT.

HemiEd
01-20-2009, 09:19 AM

He is also mobile and can take a hit. I see a lot of good in the guy, myself.

KevB
01-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Freeman lacked any kind of passion in the 15 or so games I saw him play. Didn't seem like much of a leader. Also, I tend to believe the OC lacked some confidence in him as well as they rarely let him try and win games with his arm.

No doubt physically he looks prototypical. So did Ryan Leaf. His best days were when he had Jordy, and most the time it was short passes that Jordy converted to big plays if it was over 20 yards.

Personally I think his development was hindered by the coaching staff, but he didn't improve exponentially over the years. Hope he isn't a Chief.

Do you know how many successful QB's "don't show passion"? He's level-headed, which is usually a positive trait in a QB. Was he supposed to start screaming at everyone on the sideline? And to say the staff didn't put the game in his hands.....sorry, but you didn't watch any of the same games I watched. The game plan every week was to throw the ball 40+ times, play good special teams, and pray the defense could hold the other team to 30 points or less. The entire game plan was built on Freeman's ability to carry the offense, because the team had very little running game. One of the biggest issues in my mind was that they put too much on Freeman.

Tribal Warfare
01-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Posted this in another thread, but this is probably were it belongs

Mayock earlier on the NFL Network.

I think it is getting ready to replay at 11:30 Central

That will all change when further film is broken down with more on the emphasis of each player's situation with the talent around them and responsibilities they had in their respective offense. Mayock thought Flacco would be a solid QB, but not pro-bowl caliber.

txhawk
01-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Do you know how many successful QB's "don't show passion"? He's level-headed, which is usually a positive trait in a QB. Was he supposed to start screaming at everyone on the sideline? And to say the staff didn't put the game in his hands.....sorry, but you didn't watch any of the same games I watched. The game plan every week was to throw the ball 40+ times, play good special teams, and pray the defense could hold the other team to 30 points or less. The entire game plan was built on Freeman's ability to carry the offense, because the team had very little running game. One of the biggest issues in my mind was that they put too much on Freeman.

His lack of passion is reference to his lack of winning games. He didn't go out and win a football game for KSU. Maybe one or two, but nothing Matt Ryan esq while he was at BC. No I don't expect him to run around yelling on the sideline, but I want a guy who looks to be really entrenched in the game. And apparently we weren't watching the same games, cuz rarely did it seem as though Freeman was allowed to air it out. 5 yard slants and dump off's to the TE, RB don't count as airing it out. Dude had games where he attempted 45 passes but only had 212 yards passing. Not exactly airing it out. And in my mind not a whole lot of confidence in his arm's accuracy downfield.

And I think the fact that they "put too much on Freeman" from your standpoint, shows that he wasn't very good, cuz if he could handle all that pressure you'd think he would've performed better and won more games.

We obviously differ on his ability, but in my mind the kid lacked that "IT" factor. And I would prefer he wasn't a Chief.

Chief_in_Commander
01-20-2009, 12:00 PM

Well yeah, especially given how well we develop quarterbacks I would just be looking for that great physical specimen...............

KevB
01-20-2009, 01:45 PM
His lack of passion is reference to his lack of winning games. He didn't go out and win a football game for KSU. Maybe one or two, but nothing Matt Ryan esq while he was at BC. No I don't expect him to run around yelling on the sideline, but I want a guy who looks to be really entrenched in the game. And apparently we weren't watching the same games, cuz rarely did it seem as though Freeman was allowed to air it out. 5 yard slants and dump off's to the TE, RB don't count as airing it out. Dude had games where he attempted 45 passes but only had 212 yards passing. Not exactly airing it out. And in my mind not a whole lot of confidence in his arm's accuracy downfield.

And I think the fact that they "put too much on Freeman" from your standpoint, shows that he wasn't very good, cuz if he could handle all that pressure you'd think he would've performed better and won more games.

We obviously differ on his ability, but in my mind the kid lacked that "IT" factor. And I would prefer he wasn't a Chief.

The offense was predicated on the short passing game. It served as a replacement for the non-existent running game. On top of that, the offensive line was just that, offensive. So, running deep patterns would have served the singular purpose of getting the QB killed. He didn't win games because the defense was one of the worst in the country. Tough to win when your team is giving up 40+ points & 600 yards per game. I'll reiterate the point I made earlier....to say he didn't win games so he must not have "it" is too simple a way to judge his performance and his potential.

I'm of the opinion that anyone that thinks they know what his future holds based on his play at KSU is kidding themselves. He has the physical attributes, and he wasn't surrounded with enough coaching or talent to create a reasonable assessment of his ability. I don't know that he's a good fit for the Chiefs, but as Chi said earlier, somebody willing to let him hold a clipboard for a year or two may find themselves a gem.

txhawk
01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
The offense was predicated on the short passing game. It served as a replacement for the non-existent running game. On top of that, the offensive line was just that, offensive. So, running deep patterns would have served the singular purpose of getting the QB killed. He didn't win games because the defense was one of the worst in the country. Tough to win when your team is giving up 40+ points & 600 yards per game. I'll reiterate the point I made earlier....to say he didn't win games so he must not have "it" is too simple a way to judge his performance and his potential.

I'm of the opinion that anyone that thinks they know what his future holds based on his play at KSU is kidding themselves. He has the physical attributes, and he wasn't surrounded with enough coaching or talent to create a reasonable assessment of his ability. I don't know that he's a good fit for the Chiefs, but as Chi said earlier, somebody willing to let him hold a clipboard for a year or two may find themselves a gem.

I can dig your analysis, and perhaps after a season or two he could develop into something special. But I always wonder where a kids head is at, specifically at QB, if he goes to a program that is clearly influx and lacks talent, because he won't have any competition at the position; nothing challenging him to EARN the starting spot.

Freeman was a high ranked kid coming out of high school, and if he had the confidence in his abilities to earn a spot, I think he would've went to a school that had better players around him so he could shine.

Like I said, physically he may be the most gifted player at the position coming out in this seasons draft. Now if the Chiefs scored him in the 4th or 5th round, no problem for me as a developmental guy. But not worth a 1st or 2nd pick. I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again, just don't see the star quality in the kid.

Mr. Laz
01-20-2009, 02:13 PM
He is also mobile and can take a hit. I see a lot of good in the guy, myself.
physically he's great

i don't hate him

but man he looks rough in the mental aspect .... he's release might be a bit slow too. A "windup release" can pretty much kill a Quarterback in the NFL.

Rooster
01-20-2009, 02:40 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhh! He sucks. This is a uk and muTT bb. Only their players are worth a shit. It's pretty obvious from all of their B12 Championships that they know what the F they are talking about regarding college talent. So SFTU nOOb!

ROFLROFL This

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
sanchez FTW

DCS endorses this endorsement.

Mizzou_8541
01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
People who hate Freeman just don't understand there is a difference between college and NFL QB's.

Weird that RustShack would come in with his "college QB, NFL QB" shtick.

Yes, you are right and we get it. We got it 500 times ago.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-20-2009, 03:01 PM

I can name two of those people*:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/MackBrown.jpghttp://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/DoucheStoops.jpg

*Interesting side-note:

In my 30 seconds of research to find a suitable pic of the Douche, I noticed that he literally can NOT take a picture in which he does not look like a Douche. Fascinating.