PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli conspiracy theory....

AustinChief
01-20-2009, 04:54 AM
What if Pioli has a very specific plan and has all the pieces in place ready to go... but is using this time to find out the weak links in the Chiefs organization...

We know how the Pats valued secrecy... Is this his way to find out what front office people can keep their mouths shut under pressure?

Not at ALL likely... but fun to speculate upon....

lazepoo
01-20-2009, 05:21 AM
I wouldn't be surprised. A little paranoia does wonders.

old_geezer
01-20-2009, 07:19 AM
My sentiments almost exactly. Only a week ago this entire board was doing back-flips and handstands in jubilation over the hiring of Pioli. Now most of them seem to be ready to lynch him because Herm's still here.

Pioli was/is a great hire. I'm willing to give him all the time he needs to get this right. After all, Peterson got 20 years (well, he should get 20 years for what he did to the Chiefs). Pioli and Hunt both like to work behind the scenes - in privacy. You won't know what they're doing till it's done. We are going to have to get used to this method and wait for the news. Not easy to do, I know.

I have no doubt Hunt and Pioli know exactly what they are doing and who they want. I don't believe anybody has been hired yet that they were serious about. Whoever they decide to go with this year, I will be behind them. I think they know more about what it takes to turn this franchise around than a handful of BB posters.

InChiefsHeaven
01-20-2009, 07:21 AM
My sentiments almost exactly. Only a week ago this entire board was doing back-flips and handstands in jubilation over the hiring of Pioli. Now most of them seem to be ready to lynch him because Herm's still here.

Pioli was/is a great hire. I'm willing to give him all the time he needs to get this right. After all, Peterson got 20 years (well, he should get 20 years for what he did to the Chiefs). Pioli and Hunt both like to work behind the scenes - in privacy. You won't know what they're doing till it's done. We are going to have to get used to this method and wait for the news. Not easy to do, I know.

I have no doubt Hunt and Pioli know exactly what they are doing and who they want. I don't believe anybody has been hired yet that they were serious about. Whoever they decide to go with this year, I will be behind them. I think they know more about what it takes to turn this franchise around than a handful of BB posters.

BLASPHEMY!!!

King_Chief_Fan
01-20-2009, 07:24 AM

You are correct:clap:

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2009, 08:19 AM
What if Pioli has a very specific plan and has all the pieces in place ready to go... but is using this time to find out the weak links in the Chiefs organization...

We know how the Pats valued secrecy... Is this his way to find out what front office people can keep their mouths shut under pressure?

Not at ALL likely... but fun to speculate upon....

I think that Pioli would rather go through another season with Herm than hire a coach that he doesn't believe in.

At least this way, he can move on next year without an issue. A new head coach would be expected to get at least three years to turn it around.

I think he would have fired Herm already if he was completely opposed to Herm staying on. I think he just feels like he needs to hire someone he really believes in, and he doesn't see that candidate right now.

bowener
01-20-2009, 09:12 AM
I think they know more about what it takes to turn this franchise around than a handful of BB posters.

WORDS ON A MONITOR! Thats all it is to me!

By God, Ive been posting here for just over a year now. I think I am pretty damned important, and what Ive got to say is worth all your time and patience, mother fucker. DO YOU HEAR ME?!

Fat Elvis
01-20-2009, 09:22 AM
I think that Pioli would rather go through another season with Herm than hire a coach that he doesn't believe in.

This.

I think they know more about what it takes to turn this franchise around than a handful of BB posters.

And This.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 09:23 AM
This.

And This.

So your saying Pioli believes in Herm?

IF he didnt then he wouldnt take him into next year... How does Pioli sell Herm to the fanbase and players if he doesnt believe in him???

The Bad Guy
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM

IF he didnt then he wouldnt take him into next year... How does Pioli sell Herm to the fanbase and players if he doesnt believe in him???

Is it that hard to understand that if Herm stays that means Pioli's other options weren't available?

Why fire Herm, burn 4 million, just to hire a candidate he's not thrilled about when next year, he can likely get the coach he wants?

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2009, 10:15 AM

How are YOU so shortsighted? Seriously.

Even if he doesn't believe in Herm, it is better to keep him than hiring a coach that he doesn't believe in.

If he hires a new coach, that coach gets two or three years pretty much at a minimum. A better coach comes available next year? Well, probably isn't going to matter.

Meanwhile, if he keeps Herm, he gets to dump Herm next year in favor of a better coaching prospect.

He doesn't have to sell the players on Herm. Players are sold. In fact, he would have to sell the players on a new coach.... which may be difficult if it isn't someone well respected and known.

He also doesn't have to sell this to the fans. Good GM's do what's best for the organization. In fact, if anything, the Chiefs would put off hiring a coach for a year to get more buzz from the fans going into their new stadium with higher ticket prices.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Is it that hard to understand that if Herm stays that means Pioli's other options weren't available?

Why fire Herm, burn 4 million, just to hire a candidate he's not thrilled about when next year, he can likely get the coach he wants?

ding ding ding.... we have a winner. Not to mention the new stadium, the fact that Clark Hunt likes Herm, etc, etc.

The guy that Pioli hires must be rock solid. And, if he doesn't see that guy available right now, then it is smarter to keep Herm.

RealSNR
01-20-2009, 10:27 AM
I think they know more about what it takes to turn this franchise around than a handful of BB posters.BS! We have been right about every single free agent and coach that has come across this board! Hell, we called Carl's departure YEARS ago!

catfish307
01-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Pioli will not run out of the gate in KC jeopardiizing his reputation by hiring just anyone to replace Herm. If the right person is not available, then Herm will stay 1 more year. He will replace most of the other coaches and this will help in fan acceptance of Herm staying another season. I believe Cowher is his prime target to land but it won't be until next season when he comes back into coaching.

chiefsngop
01-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Yeah.

Clark has proven that he's a master of secrecy.

Everyone swore Carl Peterson would get to finish his contract

then they swore we were dragging our feet and would never get Pioli

and now it's we're going to be stuck with Herm.

Once the axe snuck up on Carl without anyone seeing it, my belief in Clark skyrocketed. And Prince Pioli's resume' speaks for itself.

If King Carl got twenty years, I'm willing to give Clark & Pioli at least a handful before I turn on them.

blueballs
01-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Does the Pioli hire kill off WPI
there only thread to solvency is selling so called Inside INFO
Inside INFO no longer exsists

Chief_in_Commander
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
If keeping Herm means we can get a top notch guy next year than just hold on to him for another year and save the money. Plus all of the blame will just go to Herm if they struggle and he will be run out of town even more so than he is now. Clark wants to stay loyal to him as well so it's win win imo

old_geezer
01-20-2009, 11:41 AM
WORDS ON A MONITOR! Thats all it is to me!

By God, Ive been posting here for just over a year now. I think I am pretty damned important, and what Ive got to say is worth all your time and patience, mother ****er. DO YOU HEAR ME?!

What was that? You'll have to type louder - my hearing aid is busted. :D

2bikemike
01-20-2009, 11:49 AM
My impatience tends to get the better of me. With the SR bowl happenings and the impending draft I feel like were falling behind the curve. Coaching hires happening left and right. What are we waiting on? It took quite a while to announce Pioli has the GM. The only explanation I can come up with is that Pioli has a plan and he's working his plan. From what I gather from all the talk is Pioli doesn't do much of anything without a methodical plan.

Basileus777
01-20-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm just terrified that if Herm somehow gets this team to overachieve next year that it will become quite difficult to let him go.

RustShack
01-20-2009, 11:56 AM

It doesn't seem like Claythan posts as much anymore... :hmmm:

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I'm just terrified that if Herm somehow gets this team to overachieve next year that it will become quite difficult to let him go.

I agree. Hopefully, he is as bad as many in here think!

MTG#10
01-20-2009, 12:05 PM

One can only hope.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2009, 12:07 PM

No.

InChiefsHeaven
01-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Pioli don't take a dump without a plan, son...

lazepoo
01-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm not sure how some of you can seriously believe that Herm Edwards will be here next year unless Clark and Pioli really want him for the long term. Do you really think that there were only one or two names on their list of coaches that they'd like to work with? The league is still full of coaches –some retreads, some coordinators, probably even a few college coaches– that fit the profile the Chiefs are looking for. They will find someone that can do the job this year.

If you forget everything else, this is still a business. It isn't good business to go into another year with a coach with a losing record. Clark knows this. Pioli knows this. They both know that keeping Herm and planning on anything but a winning record for next year is an untenable position, especially in light of the turnarounds of the Dolphins and Falcons. The expectations are already high for Scott Pioli given his pedigree, and anything short of a solid improvement will be a failure and contribute to the continuing deterioration of the fanbase. If they want to keep Herm, it's not for one year.

Further evidence that they don't want Herm, though, is the fact that he hasn't been allowed to hire coordinators or even retain the ones that he had. That we don't know anything is a credit to Pioli's demands for silence and probably a reminder of contractual obligations to maintain that silence to anyone that would usually be a leak.

Really though, the idea that the Chiefs are willing to throw next year, especially after this year, with the plan of treading water and no goal other than to pass the time, is ridiculous. It's franchise suicide for morale and work ethic and complete anathema to everything that Pioli has promised.

FringeNC
01-20-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure how some of you can seriously believe that Herm Edwards will be here next year unless Clark and Pioli really want him for the long term. Do you really think that there were only one or two names on their list of coaches that they'd like to work with? The league is still full of coaches –some retreads, some coordinators, probably even a few college coaches– that fit the profile the Chiefs are looking for. They will find someone that can do the job this year.

If you forget everything else, this is still a business. It isn't good business to go into another year with a coach with a losing record. Clark knows this. Pioli knows this. They both know that keeping Herm and planning on anything but a winning record for next year is an untenable position, especially in light of the turnarounds of the Dolphins and Falcons. The expectations are already high for Scott Pioli given his pedigree, and anything short of a solid improvement will be a failure and contribute to the continuing deterioration of the fanbase. If they want to keep Herm, it's not for one year.

Further evidence that they don't want Herm, though, is the fact that he hasn't been allowed to hire coordinators or even retain the ones that he had. That we don't know anything is a credit to Pioli's demands for silence and probably a reminder of contractual obligations to maintain that silence to anyone that would usually be a leak.

Really though, the idea that the Chiefs are willing to throw next year, especially after this year, with the plan of treading water and no goal other than to pass the time, is ridiculous. It's franchise suicide for morale and work ethic and complete anathema to everything that Pioli has promised.

Agreed. The idea that Scott Pioli is going to trot out a lame-duck Herm Edwards next year in the hope of landing some "preferred" candidate the next year is absolutely ludicrous.

lazepoo
01-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Also, the fact that Herm's been twisting in the wind for so long isn't exactly a ringing endorsement. If they were going to keep Herm, they've had a lot of time to speak with him and decide if he's the way for the future or a sign of where they've already been. If they were going with Herm, they've had an awful lot of time to throw their support behind him and find staff that would support their goals instead of enforcing radio silence.

Zouk
01-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Based on the fact that Rex Ryan was hired yesterday and the press conference is tomorrow - it's clear that the NFL told the teams not to make news today.

And Teicher reported that Pioli will be going to the Senior Bowl later this week.

So put 2 and 2 together and there's a 99% chance Pioli fires Herm tomorrow and then goes to Mobile, and a 1% chance he retains Herm and goes with him to Mobile to interview coaches for his staff. I don't think it's as mysterious as it seems right now.

FringeNC
01-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Based on the fact that Rex Ryan was hired yesterday and the press conference is tomorrow - it's clear that the NFL told the teams not to make news today.

And Teicher reported that Pioli will be going to the Senior Bowl later this week.

So put 2 and 2 together and there's a 99% chance Pioli fires Herm tomorrow and then goes to Mobile, and a 1% chance he retains Herm and goes with him to Mobile to interview coaches for his staff. I don't think it's as mysterious as it seems right now.

Given how Pioli Hunt and Pioli have allowed Herm to twist in the wind, doesn't he almost have to be given an extension if you bring him back?