PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Todd Haley.... Chiefs Candidate?

cardken
01-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Todd Haley, the AZ Cardinals O.C. has ties to Parcells. Thus ties to Pioli. Could he be the mystery coach we're waiting for. The week after the Super Bowl, watch.

King_Chief_Fan
01-20-2009, 07:50 AM
It is very possible. I like the game Pioli is playing. He has everyone on their heels spinning like tops.
Todd Haley commented that he coaches hard, gets in faces, and is not concerned about being a players coach. He was not taught that way. Come to think about it, he may be just the guy this bunch of mamby pamby's need.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-20-2009, 07:51 AM
REPOST

I can't post links yet...but search a couple pages for the 'Todd Haley Bandwagon' thread.

chiefzilla1501
01-20-2009, 08:00 AM
It is very possible. I like the game Pioli is playing. He has everyone on their heels spinning like tops.
Todd Haley commented that he coaches hard, gets in faces, and is not concerned about being a players coach. He was not taught that way. Come to think about it, he may be just the guy this bunch of mamby pamby's need.

That is exactly why most people don't want him here. It's one thing to be tough, it's quite another to have your team completely hate you.

Pass.

Rooster
01-20-2009, 08:14 AM
That is exactly why most people don't want him here. It's one thing to be tough, it's quite another to have your team completely hate you.

Pass.

:rolleyes:

DaWolf
01-20-2009, 08:37 AM
I dunno. Sure they made the Super Bowl, but for goodness sakes this was a 9-7 team in the NFC WEST that just got a hot QB and receiver going in the playoffs. Sure they're a great story but friggen Gunther Cunningham coached this team to a 9-7 record and that's not what I want. I don't want 9-7 teams who just happen to get lucky one day and sneak into the Super Bowl where they will probably get annihilated by a superior team. If we want that, get Herm a defense and you'll get it. If we want a perennial contender, we can do better than Haley...

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Todd Haley, the AZ Cardinals O.C. has ties to Parcells. Thus ties to Pioli. Could he be the mystery coach we're waiting for. The week after the Super Bowl, watch.

Or: The Chiefs are giving Herm another year so that they can hire a new coach the offseason before opening up their new stadium. If they hire a guy that struggles in 2009, it would be harder to raise ticket prices going into their new digs.

If they are able to get a decent season in 2009, and THEN hire Cowher going into 2010, that would probably get the fans fired up.

Just a thought.

FringeNC
01-20-2009, 09:05 AM
Or: The Chiefs are giving Herm another year so that they can hire a new coach the offseason before opening up their new stadium. If they hire a guy that struggles in 2009, it would be harder to raise ticket prices going into their new digs.

If they are able to get a decent season in 2009, and THEN hire Cowher going into 2010, that would probably get the fans fired up.

Just a thought.

Why is it going to be easier to hire a new coach next year? That's been thrown around and it makes no sense, whether it be Cowher or anyone else. If Cowher wants to work in KC,a nd Pioli wants Cowher, that would happen now, not next year despite what may have come out of Cowher's mouth about not coaching in 2009.

This is Pioli's most important year. He wants to get off on the right foot, and a lame duck Herm Edwards in 2009 would be a disaster.

Look at the rookie coaches who had success in 2009. They weren't big names. I think Pioli is going to have no problem with hiring a "no name". None of us have any idea what Pioli has been up to the last week, but I'm quite confident trotting out a lame duck Herm Edwards in 2009 is not on his plate.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 09:05 AM

Just a thought.

Stop thinking! Jesus that was stupid dude! Keep Herm because if the new coach struggles? We wont be able to sell tickets? ROFL

Yeah Herm is really selling tickets... Keeping Herm drives the fanbase futher away...

Your not very sensible are you?

RustShack
01-20-2009, 09:10 AM

Welcome to a month ago.

Manila-Chief
01-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Stop thinking! Jesus that was stupid dude! Keep Herm because if the new coach struggles? We wont be able to sell tickets? ROFL

Yeah Herm is really selling tickets... Keeping Herm drives the fanbase futher away...

Exactly! And, remember that Pioli only controls the football side of things. The President will be the one to raise ticket prices. He doesn't care about ticket prices.

Those saying keep Herm to wait for Cowher is just dumb. Pioli is going to go with his man and he will announce his decision in the next couple of weeks. If he keeps Herm he will give him a new contract. He has to ... can't build a team with a lame duck coach. They must start from day one working together building this team.

If he keeps Herm I'll be greatly disappointed, but will continue to support him ... meaning I'll not gripe for a while. But, I'll lose a little respect coz I'll question his decision making ability if he keeps a coach who is a loser and can't coach.

I really like Pioli ... he is doing things the right way not just for for the media. Yes, it's painful ... yes, I'd like to know what he is thinking, what's happening, etc. but, knowing he is turning over every stone before making a decision ... is reassuring. Decisions may not work, but at least we will know the Chiefs brain trust did their best. I can live with that ... after years of Carl doing things because they were the cheapest thing to do.

In short, Pioli will make the decison regarding the coach. At this point I trust him to make the correct decision. If he fires Herm he will then begin the search for a new coach. Yes, he has an idea of who to interview, but I, seriously, doubt he already knows who it will be. I think he believes there is a coach out there for the Chiefs, even at this late date. The important thing is that the coach, GM, and Owner all work together to build this team. That gives me hope.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2009, 10:03 AM

You don't pay attention very well. I am talking about going into the NEW stadium in 2010.

If the new coach struggles in 2009, the Chiefs will have a harder time selling tickets in 2010.

But, if they keep Herm, then when they make a change next year, they get an automatic bump.

New stadium, higher prices.

Notice that KCCHIEFS.com has a page come up with Pioli being introduced... oh, and at the bottom? Order your season tickets now.

They are probably dragging their feet on announcing Herm hoping to get a few more season tickets sold.

If Herm goes 4-12, it won't matter in 2010 if there is a new coach. If the new coach goes 4-12, it will affect ticket sales.

Try to be a little open minded. I am plenty sensible, are you?

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2009, 10:08 AM
Exactly! And, remember that Pioli only controls the football side of things. The President will be the one to raise ticket prices. He doesn't care about ticket prices.

Those saying keep Herm to wait for Cowher is just dumb. Pioli is going to go with his man and he will announce his decision in the next couple of weeks. If he keeps Herm he will give him a new contract. He has to ... can't build a team with a lame duck coach. They must start from day one working together building this team.

If he keeps Herm I'll be greatly disappointed, but will continue to support him ... meaning I'll not gripe for a while. But, I'll lose a little respect coz I'll question his decision making ability if he keeps a coach who is a loser and can't coach.

I really like Pioli ... he is doing things the right way not just for for the media. Yes, it's painful ... yes, I'd like to know what he is thinking, what's happening, etc. but, knowing he is turning over every stone before making a decision ... is reassuring. Decisions may not work, but at least we will know the Chiefs brain trust did their best. I can live with that ... after years of Carl doing things because they were the cheapest thing to do.

In short, Pioli will make the decison regarding the coach. At this point I trust him to make the correct decision. If he fires Herm he will then begin the search for a new coach. Yes, he has an idea of who to interview, but I, seriously, doubt he already knows who it will be. I think he believes there is a coach out there for the Chiefs, even at this late date. The important thing is that the coach, GM, and Owner all work together to build this team. That gives me hope.

Here is the thing. He is clearly open to the idea of Herm returning. Otherwise Herm would be fired. Now, he may plan to hire someone else. He may have someone in mind that he wants to bring in.

But, he has not committed to hiring a different head coach. If so, Herm would be gone.

Right now, he is hedging his bets at the very least.

I am sure that if there was someone that Pioli really liked, he would hire him. But, what if Pioli doesn't see someone on the market right now that he really likes.

Should he hire a coach, just to make a change? Or would it be better to wait a year and hire the right coach?

King_Chief_Fan
01-20-2009, 10:09 AM

Just a thought.

what assistants are going to take a job with a lame duck coach?
Herm has to go this year

King_Chief_Fan
01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Here is the thing. He is clearly open to the idea of Herm returning. Otherwise Herm would be fired. Now, he may plan to hire someone else. He may have someone in mind that he wants to bring in.

But, he has not committed to hiring a different head coach. If so, Herm would be gone.

Right now, he is hedging his bets at the very least.

I am sure that if there was someone that Pioli really liked, he would hire him. But, what if Pioli doesn't see someone on the market right now that he really likes.

Should he hire a coach, just to make a change? Or would it be better to wait a year and hire the right coach?

He may not have committed verbally to anyone but Clark, but he has to go with a different coach. We are short assistants and Herm isn't even at the SR. Bowl. You can't keep Herm and not let him be doing his job, especially now when things are starting to heat up.

Keeping Herm will be the first knock on Pioli. If Herm continues to screw it up and I am sure he will, someone will owe Peterson an apology for putting the blame on him.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM
what assistants are going to take a job with a lame duck coach?
Herm has to go this year

I agree that we will have some obstacles to overcome in this regard. However, there are only so many coordinator jobs.

It has been a week. Obviously, Pioli isn't completely opposed to the idea of Herm coming back. If he was completely opposed to that, Herm would be gone.

He is at least keeping that option open.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
He may not have committed verbally to anyone but Clark, but he has to go with a different coach. We are short assistants and Herm isn't even at the SR. Bowl. You can't keep Herm and not let him be doing his job, especially now when things are starting to heat up.

Keeping Herm will be the first knock on Pioli. If Herm continues to screw it up and I am sure he will, someone will owe Peterson an apology for putting the blame on him.

Herm is clearly twisting in the wind here. I really thought that Pioli would fire Herm. However, he hasn't. If he was 100% against Herm coming back, Herm would be gone. He is at least open to the idea.

I think Herm wants to leave. I don't think he wants to be a placeholder for the next coach.

Now, as far as Peterson goes. He had 20 years to get it right. Herm has had three. Herm took over a declining team and had only one year after blowing it up to rebuild.

Not saying the Chiefs should keep Herm... but Peterson had a much longer time to come through on things. Herm got one year to do things completely his way.