PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Parcells as HC?

kcbubb
01-20-2009, 10:36 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

TUNA SIGHTING AT SENIOR BOWL
Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2009, 10:22 a.m.

At a time when rumors continue to circulate that Stephen Ross might soon acquire control of the Dolphins from Wayne Huizenga, which would then allow V.P. of football operations Bill Parcells to walk away with pay, Parcells made an appearance on Monday at the Senior Bowl in Mobile.

Parcells was spotted with G.M. Jeff Ireland and coach Tony Sparano. Jeff Darlington of the Miami Herald called it the “Tuna Trifecta.” (We prefer the “Tuna Trinity.”)

But Parcells, who per Darlington didn’t travel to any of the team’s road games in 2008 and was seen only one time at the Senior Bowl in four years as the coach of the Cowboys, wouldn’t comment on the reason for his presence.

”I don’t talk. He does the talking,” Parcells said, pointing at Sparano.

A cynical mind might think that Parcells wanted to be seen (even if not heard) in order to generate interest in purchasing his services if/when he walks away from the Dolphins with the balance of his contract in hand.

Amid rumors that perhaps he wants to coach again and given that his son-in-law, Scott Pioli, could soon be looking for a head coach in Kansas City, we won’t rule out at this point the possibility of Parcells wearing a big red sweatshirt next season.

Hammock Parties
01-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Parcells would be fun. Pointless, but fun.

talastan
01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Meh...The Tuna is one of the greatest, but for how long? I personally don't want another coach who'll come in here to retire in a couple of years like Vermiel. I'd like someone who will stick with this team and build a dynasty. Now if the Tuna does decide to come here will I be upset, no, but I don't think he is the best option for the Chiefs right now. JMO though...

Monty
01-20-2009, 10:54 AM
I'm loving the rumor mill right now. Whether any of this pans out or not, it's great that the key players are being mentioned. :)

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 10:55 AM
who wants to work for your son in law? seems like conflict waiting to happen. seems like after being the man for like 20 yrs he would want more power than just the HC gig. i would also like a guy to come in and stay for a while, not come in for a few years than retire. all that said, if the tuna was a chief, i guess i could live with it for a few years.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Parcells is the best rumor out there, He is head and shoulders about Cowher... Would take him in a heart beat, even just for 3 years when he and Pioli groomed his replacement...

crazycoffey
I swear I just read this somewhere....

kcxiv
*waiting for rerun's we need some young 32 year old guy who has never been a head coach, and we dont need retreads".

crazycoffey
01-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Parcells is the best rumor out there, He is head and shoulders about Cowher... Would take him in a heart beat, even just for 3 years when he and Pioli groomed his replacement...

so all the talk about not wanting has been retread coaches doesn't apply to Parcells, because he hasn't done anything bad/good for the chiefs, yet anyway?

Brock
01-20-2009, 10:57 AM
*waiting for rerun's we need some young 32 year old guy who has never been a head coach, and we dont need retreads".

We'd rather have a guy who would put in 3 years max?

Bugeater
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
When was the last time he ever saw one of his "rebuilds" through?

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:01 AM
so all the talk about not wanting has been retread coaches doesn't apply to Parcells, because he hasn't done anything bad/good for the chiefs, yet anyway?

Correct! For one, it pisses everyone off when I change my mind...:D 2nd, it keeps the threads interesting and 3rd, Parcells is 3 times the coach Cowher will ever dream of being...

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:01 AM

Did you not read the thread? How did you miss post #6?

kcxiv
01-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Did you not read the thread? How did you miss post #6?

I am on 2 hours of sleep, i am tired.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:02 AM

If he and Pioli were on the same page and was planning on rebuilding this while they were bringing up a young asst to take over.. I would be alright with this..

At least we would have some direction for the future, which hasnt happened much in the last 20 years...

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I am on 2 hours of sleep, i am tired.

:clap:

Fair Enough... Get some sleep and come back refreshed with your anti-reerun guns a blazen....

Brock
01-20-2009, 11:04 AM
If he and Pioli were on the same page and was planning on rebuilding this while they were bringing up a young asst to take over.. I would be alright with this..

At least we would have some direction for the future, which hasnt happened much in the last 20 years...

Let's just go ahead and skip to the younger guy.

chiefsngop
01-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Man, my knee jerk reaction here was ; "ah no way, not that asshole".

Seems like all of my memories of the Tuna are of him red faced and stomping around the sidelines during a loss. And then going on a pissed off post gam rant after an ass kicking.

But he's done some great things too, so I guess if you guys are that high on him, I'll keep an open mind to him.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Let's just go ahead and skip to the younger guy.

I agree Brock, I am all for it.

But as an alternative to Cowher, I would be willing to see Parcells start a rebuild with Pioli even if just for 1-3 years, then turn it over to the asst they were bringing along to become the HC..

Would like to see Parcells in a MGMT position with the Chiefs along with Pioli...

kcxiv
01-20-2009, 11:08 AM

I dont give a crap who Pioli chooses, its out of my hands completely. I just hope the guy he picks does well.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:09 AM
I dont give a crap who Pioli chooses, its out of my hands completely. I just hope the guy he picks does well.
This....

kcxiv
01-20-2009, 11:09 AM
:clap:

Fair Enough... Get some sleep and come back refreshed with your anti-reerun guns a blazen....

I dont have any anti rerun guns. I just knew it was going to come. hah

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I dont have any anti rerun guns. I just knew it was going to come. hah

I am just messing with you KCXIV.... Its all good...

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 11:16 AM
seems like a lot of you are tired of journeyman QB's. isn't that was parcells does? he brings in an old QB so that we don't suck next year and maybe wind up at the dreaded 9-7, and get bumped in the first playoff game. and for those that say hes on another level than cowher, what has he done since the giants that cowher didn't do with the steelers. c'mon hypocrites, naysayers, know it alls, and the like.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
seems like a lot of you are tired of journeyman QB's. isn't that was parcells does? he brings in an old QB so that we don't suck next year and maybe wind up at the dreaded 9-7, and get bumped in the first playoff game. and for those that say hes on another level than cowher, what has he done since the giants that cowher didn't do with the steelers. c'mon hypocrites, naysayers, know it alls, and the like.

Dont care what you say or how much Cowhers short and curly's tickle your nose...

Parcells coaches circles around Cowher, has built more franchises than Cowher, has taken more teams to the superbowl than Cowher, and over all is better for a franchise than Cowher...

Get over yourself...

Bugeater
01-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Dont care what you say or how much Cowhers short and curly's tickle your nose...

Parcells coaches circles around Cowher, has built more franchises than Cowher, has taken more teams to the superbowl than Cowher, and over all is better for a franchise than Cowher...

Get over yourself...

Yeah, 'cause the Crackwagon and Jets sure have piled up the SB wins since he was there. :rolleyes:

He'd bring us exactly what you claim to hate.

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 11:22 AM

Get over yourself...

have any interesting points to back up that rant.
get over yourself

RustShack
01-20-2009, 11:24 AM

He drafted Chad Pennington in the first and found Romo. Hes not the only coach that will play a veteran over a rookie. Hell the only reason Big Ben played his rookie year is because Tommy Maddox got hurt.

Chief_in_Commander
01-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Can't see Parcells in this role and place at his age and at this stage in his career. Why would he come up to this nasty weather anyway when he can stay in Florida.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Yeah, 'cause the Crackwagon and Jets sure have piled up the SB wins since he was there. :rolleyes:

He'd bring us exactly what you claim to hate.

What about NE? He had nothing to do with that?

So he will bring us Carl, Marty, Herm or Cowher?

Brock
01-20-2009, 11:27 AM

No, he had next to nothing to do with what happened in NE.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:28 AM
No, he had next to nothing to do with what happened in NE.

K thanks... Nothing to do with the superbowl appearance and Drew Bledsoe?

Bugeater
01-20-2009, 11:29 AM

If you're talking about NE's current run, not really. He left several years before that started. Remember the Pete Carroll era?

He'll just bring us up to mediocrity, and then bail again.

Bugeater
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM

Please, that was over a decade ago.

Brock
01-20-2009, 11:31 AM

From the context of your statements, I took you to be talking about what happened to these teams when Parcells left. What has happened to nearly every team he's walked away from, at least immediately after, is nothing good.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Please, that was over a decade ago.

Okay, but he left the Jets almost a decade ago as well, so how is that relivant?

Just saying Bugeater... Each of us can cherry pick our pros/cons about Parcells...

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:34 AM
From the context of your statements, I took you to be talking about what happened to these teams when Parcells left. What has happened to nearly every team he's walked away from, at least immediately after, is nothing good.

K, I can see where that would be a concern. My thoughts, and yes just my thoughts are, I wouldnt mind him here for 1-3 years or less, He is diffenantly an upgrade over Herm. If him and Pioli were in sync on whom they wanted and how they wanted to rebuild this. I have zero problem with it..

I would have Parcells for a short period than Cowher for any period of time..

Thats just me though...

CoMoChief
01-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan spotted at the Senior Bowl, wanting to bring back the tenacity of the 85 Bears, looking to befriend Scott Pioli.

Chiefnj2
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Parcells tries to do what he is hired to do - win a Championship as quickly as possible.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Mike Ditka and Buddy Ryan spotted at the Senior Bowl, wanting to bring back the tenacity of the 85 Bears, looking to befriend Scott Pioli.

ROFL

Do we get a fridge with them coming here?

crazycoffey
01-20-2009, 11:36 AM

Holy Pioli!!!!

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Parcells tries to do what he is hired to do - win a Championship as quickly as possible.

I am not saying it is right or wrong, but it would be an upgrade over Herm...

Mr. Laz
01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
isn't Parcells still employed by miami?

why wouldn't he be at the senior bowl :shrug:

keg in kc
01-20-2009, 11:38 AM
If they're going for a long-term coach a la Cowher's tenure in Pissburgh, then Parcells makes zero sense.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:39 AM

We are desperate, we are grasping for anything and everything Laz....

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:39 AM
If they're going for a long-term coach a la Cowher's tenure in Pissburgh, then Parcells makes zero sense.

And if we are going to a long tenured coach, then Cowher makes zero sense as well...

Our goal is to win championships, not mediocrity for 15 years...

Bugeater
01-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Okay, but he left the Jets almost a decade ago as well, so how is that relivant?

Just saying Bugeater... Each of us can cherry pick our pros/cons about Parcells...
It's relevant because you're basically saying he'll leave the team poised to go on a SB run, and he hasn't done that anywhere he's been.

EyePod
01-20-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm loving the rumor mill right now. Whether any of this pans out or not, it's great that the key players are being mentioned. :)

It definitely is nice for a change.

RustShack
01-20-2009, 11:43 AM

Because he hardly ever went to it as a coach and didn't go last year.

Kylo Ren
01-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Meh...The Tuna is one of the greatest, but for how long? I personally don't want another coach who'll come in here to retire in a couple of years like Vermiel. I'd like someone who will stick with this team and build a dynasty. Now if the Tuna does decide to come here will I be upset, no, but I don't think he is the best option for the Chiefs right now. JMO though... Vermiel was here for 5 years. :spock:

Chief_in_Commander
01-20-2009, 11:46 AM
And if we are going to a long tenured coach, then Cowher makes zero sense as well...

If he could just bring us ONE superbowl in 15 years here I would be happy.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:47 AM
It's relevant because you're basically saying he'll leave the team poised to go on a SB run, and he hasn't done that anywhere he's been.

:spock:

He hasnt done what anywhere he has been? Superbowl runs?

I never said that the Chiefs will be poised to go on a superbowl run, We are 3-5 years from that run with or without Parcells...

Our drafting over the last 3 years have left alot to be desired for this team. We have just as many if not more holes now then when DV left...

Regardless if Parcells comes here or not, Its all ilrelevant. Pioli has his work cut out for him.

Lets break this down to the meat and bones of the conversation. Cut out all the stats, fat, blah blah blah... Um Kay...

The brass tacks of it all is, IMO, Yes only my opinion, I would rather have Parcells 1-3 years than have Cowher for any period of time...

That is just me and dont reflect the opinions of this message board or the Kansas City Chiefs..........

Fritz88
01-20-2009, 11:52 AM
There are so many rumors out there. Might as well through one. Jeff Fisher could be our coach next season.

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 11:52 AM
bill cowher took over the steelers in 1992 and in 15 yrs compiled a regular season record of 149-90-1 and a playoff record of 12-9

in that time period, bill parcels coached the pats from 93-96 with a regular season record of 32-32, made the playoffs one time with a playoff record of 2-1, and a loss in the superbowl. he coached the jets from 97-99 with a reg season record of 29-19, made the playoffs one time with a playoff record of 1-1. he coached the cowboys from from 03-06 with a reg season record of 34-30. they made the playoffs twice with a playoff record of 0-2
his total playoff record over that time is 3-4

lets compare since the tuna left the giants
Cowher reg season record 149-90-1 with a winning% of about .619
Parcells reg season record 95-81 with a winning% of about .540
edge cowher

Cowher post season record 12-9 with a winning% of about .571
Parcells post season record 3-4 with a winning% of about .428
edge Cohwer

Cowher super bowl appearances 2 with a record of 1-1 winning% .500
Parcells super bowl appearances 1 with a record of 0-1 winning% .000

Cowher also wins in division titles and and conferance titles

in conclusion, when looking at the record, it is obvious to anyone who can read that when the coaches coached in the same time period of the NFL, Bill parcells was less of a coach than his counterpart. the numbers don't lie.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:53 AM
There are so many rumors out there. Might as well through one. Jeff Fisher could be our coach next season.

I have heard that Marty is coming back, Kurt will be the DC and Brian the OC...

Marty misses his kids in KC....

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 12:01 PM
its also worth mentioning that during Cowhers time with the Steelers he was 3-1 against Parcells coached teams.

RustShack
01-20-2009, 12:05 PM
People who want coaches like Parcells, Cowher, Marty, and Shanahan should also want Carl back as GM. Your just asking to be mediocre.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 12:07 PM
People who want coaches like Parcells, Cowher, Marty, and Shanahan should also want Carl back as GM. Your just asking to be mediocre.

Good Points.....

suds79

Most of those guys you listed have rings.

So if that's mediocre, yeah I want to be that.

MTG#10
No thanks. I would rather have the chin than the tuna.

nychief
01-20-2009, 12:10 PM

there are five world championships among them... you know nothing about football.

You are the type of fan that thought Marty Morningwig was a great hire because he was young...

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 12:12 PM
there are five world championships among them... you know nothing about football.

You are the type of fan that thought Marty Morningwig was a great hire because he was young...

Are we sure its 5?

Marty - of course has zero and will always have zero

Cowher - 1

Shanahan - 2

Parcells - 1

Carl will never get one, see Marty...

Where is the 5th? or am I missing something?

Brock
01-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Are we sure its 5?

Cowher - 1

Shanahan - 2

Parcells - 1

Parcells 1?

RustShack
01-20-2009, 12:17 PM

If you want a coach that won a championship is should be Dick Vermiel since hes the only coach to EVER be able to win the SB with more than one team.

Brock
If you want a coach that won a championship is should be Dick Vermiel since hes the only coach to EVER be able to win the SB with more than one team.

He only won the super bowl with one team.

sedated
Are we sure its 5?

The refs - 1

Elway - 2

Parcells - 2

FYP

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Parcells 1?

Okay asking for help here... I thought, yes I was thinking again, but didnt he only win one with NYG?

EyePod
01-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Are we sure its 5?

Cowher - 1

Shanahan - 2

Parcells - 1

Parcells

1990 Super Bowl XXV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXV)
1986 Super Bowl XXI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXI)

CoMoChief
01-20-2009, 12:19 PM
Sadly I think BB had more to do with what NE has done than Scott Pioli.

The coaching over there has been superb, notice how all of his asst are getting HC jobs season after season. Not saying those asst are good HC's, but they are all good together under BB. Pioli doesn't coach, and I doubt he has say on who BB has on his coaching staff.

I like the hiring of Pioli because hes been around a winning team, I really believe the the attitude and work ethic of BB has sunk into that Pats team. Do your job, perfect your job, dont make same mistakes, you see the kill for the win you take it. SCORE ON EVERY POSSESION, christ they went 11-5 with Matt ****ing Cassell, a 7th rd pick. If thats not coaching i dont know what is.

chiefzilla1501
01-20-2009, 12:20 PM

And I'm again confused by your definition of mediocrity. As I pointed out, only 12 coaches in the history of the game have been to more Super Bowls than Cowher has. Why do we continue to compare him to Bill Walsh, and not to guys like Ken Whisenhunt? Guarantee that the Chin will have more Super Bowl appearances than Whisenhunt will.

For that matter, it doesn't concern you that Bill Parcells was the definition of mediocre in his last two stints in New York and Dallas? Those teams he fielded were good, but nothing special. And in 8 seasons, he only has 3 playoff appearances and 1 playoff win to show for it.

By the way, if I had a choice, my vote is for Mike Holmgren. I'm surprised his name has never been thrown around. I would much rather have him than Parcells, the Chin, or Shanahan.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Parcells

1990 Super Bowl XXV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXV)
1986 Super Bowl XXI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XXI)

:banghead:

Okay, I was wrong... Sorry... For some reason 1986 slips from my memory...

chiefzilla1501
01-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Okay asking for help here... I thought, yes I was thinking again, but didnt he only win one with NYG?

He won 2 Super Bowls with the Giants, made a third Super Bowl with the Patriots but lost.

EyePod
01-20-2009, 12:21 PM
And I'm again confused by your definition of mediocrity. As I pointed out, only 12 coaches in the history of the game have been to more Super Bowls than Cowher has. Why do we continue to compare him to Bill Walsh, and not to guys like Ken Whisenhunt? Guarantee that the Chin will have more Super Bowl appearances than Whisenhunt will.

For that matter, it doesn't concern you that Bill Parcells was the definition of mediocre in his last two stints in New York and Dallas? Those teams he fielded were good, but nothing special. And in 8 seasons, he only has 3 playoff appearances and 1 playoff win to show for it.

By the way, if I had a choice, my vote is for Mike Holmgren. I'm surprised his name has never been thrown around. I would much rather have him than Parcells, the Chin, or Shanahan.

Too old. I'd rather the Chin. Sorry. 7 years older and twice as big.

chiefzilla1501
01-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Too old. I'd rather the Chin. Sorry. 7 years older and twice as big.

Do you want to develop a young QB? Then there is no better coach for that than Holmgren.

Mike Holmgren made Steve Young and Brett Favre. And he didn't do a shabby job with Hasselbeck either. That is arguably the most impressive resume of QB development that any coach in history has.

EyePod
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Do you want to develop a young QB? Then there is no better coach for that than Holmgren.

Mike Holmgren made Steve Young and Brett Favre. And he didn't do a shabby job with Hasselbeck either. That is arguably the most impressive resume of QB development that any coach in history has.

They are all good QB's. I agree. I still think he's old and fat, and I don't want that in a head coach.

talastan
01-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Should hear something soon if the Parcells rumor has any truth to it. See Below...

http://www.kansascity.com/491/story/991357.html

Huizenga sells majority share of Dolphins
By Sports Network
The Sports Network
More News
Miami owner Wayne Huizenga has reportedly agreed to sell 95 percent of the AFC East champion Dolphins to Stephen Ross on Tuesday.

According to a report in the Miami Herald, Huizenga will be left with five percent of the team in a deal he says is worth $1.1 billion. Last year Ross coughed up $550 million for 49 percent of the franchise and Dolphin Stadium.

Huizenga, who has been the team's majority owner since 1994, allowed Ross to defer less than 1/3 of the payments to complete the transaction.

Once the sale is completed, Miami executive vice president Bill Parcells will have 30 days to decide if he wants to remain with the team or collect the $12 million remaining on his four-year, $16-million contract.

Parcells has a stipulation in his contract that allows him to leave the team without forfeiting any salary if Huizenga were to sell the team. Although no official word has been issued, Huizenga has said he believes "The Big Tuna" will remain in South Beach.

EyePod
01-20-2009, 01:06 PM
We "should" hear something soon. That's what we've been saying about Hermie too though.

RustShack
01-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Pioli is our GM, we wont be hearing much.

Rooster
01-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Parcells may or may not have bought a house in Olathe.

KCrockaholic
01-20-2009, 01:21 PM

ROFLROFL:doh!:

FringeNC
01-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Parcells sure knows how to put together a coaching staff. Let him coach for a few years, then turn it over to one of his assistants....

If we are going to hire Parcells, kinda makes Pioli redundant, though. At least for a couple of years.

DeezNutz
01-20-2009, 01:28 PM
I'd like a long-term option.

But...if the choice is between Herm for one year or Tuna for 2-3, I'd say that's a pretty obvious one...

Bugeater
01-20-2009, 01:28 PM
I'd like a long-term option.

But...if the choice is between Herm for one year or Tuna for 2-3, I'd say that's a pretty obvious one...
I quoted the person above to indicate that I agree with their position on this matter.

DeezNutz
01-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I quoted the person above to indicate that I agree with their position on this matter.

This.

DaWolf
01-20-2009, 01:43 PM
http://phinphanatic.com/2009/01/20/breaking-news-phins-sale-finalized/

Sale official. Let the Carl Peterson watch begin in Miami...

FringeNC
01-20-2009, 01:45 PM
http://phinphanatic.com/2009/01/20/breaking-news-phins-sale-finalized/

Sale official. Let the Carl Peterson watch begin in Miami...

I heard Bob Gretz bought a house in the Miami area.

crazycoffey
01-20-2009, 01:48 PM

I love cross thread humor, the very essence of what weaves this place a strong bond of unity....

DeezNutz
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
I love cross thread humor, the very essence of what weaves this place a strong bond of unity....

And, most importantly, allows us to bitch slap the hell out of dumbasses.

Chiefnj2
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
bill cowher took over the steelers in 1992 and in 15 yrs compiled a regular season record of 149-90-1 and a playoff record of 12-9

in that time period, bill parcels coached the pats from 93-96 with a regular season record of 32-32, made the playoffs one time with a playoff record of 2-1, and a loss in the superbowl. he coached the jets from 97-99 with a reg season record of 29-19, made the playoffs one time with a playoff record of 1-1. he coached the cowboys from from 03-06 with a reg season record of 34-30. they made the playoffs twice with a playoff record of 0-2
his total playoff record over that time is 3-4

lets compare since the tuna left the giants
Cowher reg season record 149-90-1 with a winning% of about .619
Parcells reg season record 95-81 with a winning% of about .540
edge cowher

Cowher post season record 12-9 with a winning% of about .571
Parcells post season record 3-4 with a winning% of about .428
edge Cohwer

Cowher super bowl appearances 2 with a record of 1-1 winning% .500
Parcells super bowl appearances 1 with a record of 0-1 winning% .000

Cowher also wins in division titles and and conferance titles

in conclusion, when looking at the record, it is obvious to anyone who can read that when the coaches coached in the same time period of the NFL, Bill parcells was less of a coach than his counterpart. the numbers don't lie.

Parcells is 4x the coach Cowher is.

First, you can't discount the two Super Bowls he won with the Giants.

Second, you can't look at his regular season record and compare it to a guy that stuck with one team. Parcells took over piss poor teams. The Pats were 9-39 the three seasons prior to Parcells. The Jets had a 4-28 record prior to Parcells arriving. The Cowboys had three successive 5 year wins before Parcells. He was able to quickly turn each of those franchises around.

crazycoffey
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
And, most importantly, allows us to bitch slap the hell out of dumbasses.

Toe-Mah-Toe, tOmato.

DeezNutz
01-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Toe-Mah-Toe, tOmato.

Tushy.

DaWolf
01-20-2009, 01:59 PM

Second, you can't look at his regular season record and compare it to a guy that stuck with one team. Parcells took over piss poor teams. The Pats were 9-39 the three seasons prior to Parcells. The Jets had a 4-28 record prior to Parcells arriving. The Cowboys had three successive 5 year wins before Parcells. He was able to quickly turn each of those franchises around.
I used to respect Parcells but ever since he took the Dallas job I've considered him more of a guy who is after money than a great football coach.

Besides, he would hardly promote the "stability" Hunt and Pioli have been talking about. He'd be a good consultant but that's about it...

FringeNC
01-20-2009, 02:00 PM
I used to respect Parcells but ever since he took the Dallas job I've considered him more of a guy who is after money than a great football coach.

Besides, he would hardly promote the "stability" Hunt and Pioli have been talking about. He'd be a good consultant but that's about it...

I think he left Dallas because Jones wouldn't cut Terrell Owens.

Jerm
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Parcells would be absolutely NUTS not to walk away from a free 12 mil. paycheck....dunno if he'd want to go back to work immediately if he took that.

Also, I think it might be appealing to live near his daughter and grandchild and work with his son-in-law.

I think it's a total longshot but it does kinda make sense if you think about it.

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM

numbers don't lie. i'm really gettin' tired of explaining that to the morons on this board.

Brock
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
numbers don't lie. i'm really gettin' tired of explaining that to the morons on this board.

Says the guy who predicted the Chiefs would make the playoffs.

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Says the guy who predicted the Chiefs would make the playoffs.

find where i predicted that. i said we wouldn't be as bad as last year, to which i was painfully wrong. i also posted an article from a guy who said we would compete for a playoff spot. i didn't think we'd finish above .500. guess i was right about that. what do my predictions have to do with factual numbers anyway?

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 04:43 PM

Good will you just close your account and leave now? Please?

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Good will you just close your account and leave now? Please?

aaaaah, did i hurt him feewings? him don't wike facts?

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
aaaaah, did i hurt him feewings? him don't wike facts?

WTF? Seriously? ROFLROFL

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 05:03 PM
WTF? Seriously? ROFLROFL

you are correct. i'm talking at you like i would a baby. do you know why? because, close your account and leave this site is something a whiny little b*tch would say. otherwise known as a baby.

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 05:04 PM
you are correct. i'm talking at you like i would a baby. do you know why? because, close your account and leave this site is something a whiny little b*tch would say. otherwise known as a baby.

Yeah okay...

Looks like we have found our new Midnight_Vulture.....

Dear God, just when you thought it couldnt get any worse...

chiefsngop
01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Okay, I said way back on post #18 that my initial reaction was anti-Parcells, but that I'd keep an open mind to him based on this group's analysis.

Welp, I've read throught the posts, pro & con and came to the conclusion that I do indeed fall into the anti-Parcells group.

Sorry, just not enough sellin in this thread for me to buy.

I don't want any red faced sideline / press conference tirades and excuses when we lose.

It'd make me almost as sick as Herm's "well, you gotta give credit to the other team" bullsh*t.

smittysbar
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
It's over, he is staying with the Dolphins, posted it on the front page

Brock
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
find where i predicted that. i said we wouldn't be as bad as last year, to which i was painfully wrong. i also posted an article from a guy who said we would compete for a playoff spot. i didn't think we'd finish above .500. guess i was right about that. what do my predictions have to do with factual numbers anyway?

Yeah, you were badmouthing people who (correctly) predicted that the Chiefs would win at most 4 games, and that those people must be losers in their real lives because they refused to put the 'tard homer glasses on. What that has to do with what you're calling factual numbers is that you are selectively ignoring the circumstances surrounding those facts, much as you willfully ignored the glaring deficiencies the Chiefs had. For example, you want to ignore that Parcells took 4 teams to the playoffs when they had previously been lousy teams, which is more impressive than working within a stellar organization like the Steelers for 15 years and only winning one Super Bowl. I'm not saying Cowher's a bad coach, I think he's pretty good. But to put him on a pedestal with Bill Parcells is pretty much a joke.

chiefsngop
01-20-2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah okay...

Looks like we have found our new Midnight_Vulture.....

Dear God, just when you thought it couldnt get any worse...

Agreed.

Where are all the frickin mods on this board ?

What are they doing all day ?

C'mon.....

rambleonthruthefog
01-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Yeah, you were badmouthing people who (correctly) predicted that the Chiefs would win at most 4 games, and that those people must be losers in their real lives because they refused to put the 'tard homer glasses on. What that has to do with what you're calling factual numbers is that you are selectively ignoring the circumstances surrounding those facts, much as you willfully ignored the glaring deficiencies the Chiefs had. For example, you want to ignore that Parcells took 4 teams to the playoffs when they had previously been lousy teams, which is more impressive than working within a stellar organization like the Steelers for 15 years and only winning one Super Bowl. I'm not saying Cowher's a bad coach, I think he's pretty good. But to put him on a pedestal with Bill Parcells is pretty much a joke.

i was wrong bout our season, i know, i know, i know, all i can do is eat my crow. i thought we would be better than 4-12, sorry. as far as bashing other people, most of em deserved it. not that any of em really care what some guy on the internet has to say about em anyway. as far as cowher and parcells go, can't we just agree that they are both fine football coaches, and both would be worlds above what we have.

SAUTO
01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
i was wrong bout our season, i know, i know, i know, all i can do is eat my crow. i thought we would be better than 4-12, sorry. as far as bashing other people, most of em deserved it. not that any of em really care what some guy on the internet has to say about em anyway. as far as cowher and parcells go, can't we just agree that they are both fine football coaches, and both would be worlds above what we have.

i agree with this but around this place you are never going to get EVERYONE to agree on anything(even pioli had some people against him)

KChiefs1
01-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Jack Harry says "Hire Bill Parcells"

It must be the right thing to do right?

Reerun_KC
01-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Jack Harry says "Hire Bill Parcells"

It must be the right thing to do right?

Jack Harry is drunk 98% of the time...