PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony Gonzalez

dorseybowe
01-20-2009, 06:08 PM
When I watch Larry Fitzgerald tearing through defenses and setting playoff records, I can't help but think about Tony Gonzalez. Fitzgerald's Cardinals make the playoffs and have an improbable run that leads them into the Super Bowl. Many people will now call Fitzgerald the best wideout in the league. Gonzalez deserves to be in Fitzgerald's position. He deserves to be in the spotlight. But I can't see him being in that position on the current Kansas City Chiefs, and I can't see him waiting for Kansas City's talent to develop. On a playoff team, I could easily see Gonzalez putting up similar numbers to Fitzgerald's. He's a Chiefs legend, but he deserves the recognition and the hardware. Pioli should trade him to a playoff and championship-caliber team.

The Franchise
01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
Not everyone gets to win a championship in their career. I'm sure the millions he's made over the years....makes up for it.

Valiant
01-20-2009, 06:13 PM
Not everyone gets to win a championship in their career. I'm sure the millions he's made over the years....makes up for it.

Really?? I think I would rather give up a few million dollars to have a super bowl championship and go down publicly nationwide as one of the best ever at my position..

Saul Good
01-20-2009, 06:17 PM
I pity the guy. He's probably never been too good with the ladies, either.

dorseybowe
01-20-2009, 06:26 PM

I think Tony would disagree.

Mr. Laz
01-20-2009, 06:28 PM
wide receiver > tightend

dorseybowe
01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
wide receiver > tightend

99.52% of the time, but that .48% represents Tony Gonzalez.

whoman69
01-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Its all going to come down to the question of being able to get return on Tony. Also if we trade him we add to our mounting list of holes to fill. The Chiefs are not going to be a contender next year, but 2010 is a possibility. I still think he can contribute out that far.

DaKCMan AP
01-20-2009, 06:32 PM
If he doesn't win a championship in Kansas City I could care less if he ever wins one. He's made mega-millions playing a game and will be immortalized through the Hall of Fame. Good for him, but it's not the Chiefs responsibility to unload a talented player just so he can have a title shot.

That's not mentioning that it rarely works out. Junior Seau went to Miami then NE and never got a ring. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor left Miami and the Phins made the playoffs while Dallas and Washington didn't.

Deberg_1990
01-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Ive mentioned this before, but i believe Tony G cares more about his personal records than anything else.

Not that he doesnt want to win, but thats secondary.

Hes the one who resigned with the Chiefs a few years ago when he could have went to a better team.

Valiant
01-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Ive mentioned this before, but i believe Tony G cares more about his personal records than anything else.

Not that he doesnt want to win, but thats secondary.

Hes the one who resigned with the Chiefs a few years ago when he could have went to a better team.

I think he wants it all.. He has records, he has money, he does not have a playoff victory or even smelled a championship game..

88TG88
01-20-2009, 07:19 PM

Not to mention all the beautiful women he's pleasured.

R&GHomer
01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
You don't always get what you want and/or deserve. Gonzalez owes this franchise everything, if they want to trade him so be it. If they feel he fits in, so be it. Man has made millions with the support and backing of this franchise and fan base. I don't care either way, but I would expect him not to act like a lill bitch if it's not the perfect scenario.

Mama Hip Rockets
01-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Really?? I think I would rather give up a few million dollars to have a super bowl championship and go down publicly nationwide as one of the best ever at my position..

championship or not, he will still go down as the best ever. he already is, and he still has several years left in him.

Lonewolf Ed
01-20-2009, 07:27 PM
I pity the guy. He's probably never been too good with the ladies, either.

I hear you! He once had to go out with Sofia Vergara, the poor bastard! :)

Deberg_1990
01-20-2009, 07:28 PM
championship or not, he will still go down as the best ever. he already is, and he still has several years left in him.

I guarantee you that he he does not win a championship, it will take him a few times to get in the HoF.

Like it or not, Thats just how the voters think.

Beerthirty
01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Gretz says he has a sure fire speech to get him in. No need to worry.:D

Mama Hip Rockets
01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I guarantee you that he he does not win a championship, it will take him a few times to get in the HoF.

Like it or not, Thats just how the voters think.

doesn't matter. he's already broken every record there is to break, and he's still by far the most dominant tight end in the league. anybody who knows anything about football knows he's the best ever.

dorseybowe
01-20-2009, 07:43 PM
If he doesn't win a championship in Kansas City I could care less if he ever wins one. He's made mega-millions playing a game and will be immortalized through the Hall of Fame. Good for him, but it's not the Chiefs responsibility to unload a talented player just so he can have a title shot.

That's not mentioning that it rarely works out. Junior Seau went to Miami then NE and never got a ring. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor left Miami and the Phins made the playoffs while Dallas and Washington didn't.

Thank you, Carl Peterson.

DaKCMan AP
01-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Thank you, Carl Peterson.

Don't be ignorant.

EyePod
01-20-2009, 07:53 PM
When I watch Larry Fitzgerald tearing through defenses and setting playoff records, I can't help but think about Tony Gonzalez. Fitzgerald's Cardinals make the playoffs and have an improbable run that leads them into the Super Bowl. Many people will now call Fitzgerald the best wideout in the league. Gonzalez deserves to be in Fitzgerald's position. He deserves to be in the spotlight. But I can't see him being in that position on the current Kansas City Chiefs, and I can't see him waiting for Kansas City's talent to develop. On a playoff team, I could easily see Gonzalez putting up similar numbers to Fitzgerald's. He's a Chiefs legend, but he deserves the recognition and the hardware. Pioli should trade him to a playoff and championship-caliber team.

I agree. Every time either of them catches the ball, I yell out, how did they get that open? or how did they make that catch? Both are very awesome players.

warrior
01-20-2009, 08:05 PM
doesn't matter. he's already broken every record there is to break, and he's still by far the most dominant tight end in the league. anybody who knows anything about football knows he's the best ever.

And he's not through yet. :D

RippedmyFlesh
01-20-2009, 08:24 PM
I will always think of Tony whenever I see YAC through great effort.Fitzgerald does in it in a game to get to the super bowl.
Tony plays like that on a 2 win team.That is what I will always remember about him.He showed what a pro he was this year with his post non-trade play. Which is why I wouldn't trade him. He is worth more to us than what other teams would value him because of his intangibles and because of the saints / shockey which may have hurt the TE going rate a tad.

Rain Man
01-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Next year will be Tony's year to shine in the Super Bowl.

Pablo
01-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Next year will be Tony's year to shine in the Super Bowl.Is he retiring this year and taking up a commentator role next year?