PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs $70 million in additional renovations for Arrowhead Stadium planned.

BigRedChief
01-21-2009, 08:24 AM
County hears about $70 million in further renovations for Arrowhead Stadium

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/993022.html

The Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday offered some new specifics about an additional $70 million in improvements to Arrowhead Stadium and common areas at the Truman Sports Complex.

None of those costs would be paid by Jackson County taxpayers, representatives of the Chiefs stressed in a presentation Tuesday before the Jackson County Legislature.

“This does not expand the county’s responsibility at all,” said Ken Spain, a Kansas City attorney representing the Chiefs.

Spain explained that the extra construction costs — above the $250 million approved by county taxpayers — are being paid by the Hunt family and newly approved tax credits granted by the state of Missouri.
The legislature approved the resolution detailing the Chiefs’ improvement plans.

Many Arrowhead improvements will be finished this year. The improvements to be completed by August 2010 include:

•$15.5 million to expand the scope of Arrowhead’s upper deck, widening it far beyond originally planned with additional concession stands and more public gathering places.

•$4.77 million to increase from eight to 18 the number of elevators for people with disabilities.

•$4.19 million to expand the Hall of Honor.

The other common-area improvements presented Tuesday included $6.2 million for parking lot and road repairs; $7.3 million in concrete coatings; and nearly $400,000 to improve drainage on ramps.
Spain described the expenses as unanticipated ones discovered after the original scope of the project had been set.
Jackson County owns Arrowhead and leases it to the Chiefs.
In 2006, county voters approved a 3/8 -cent sales tax to raise about $250 million for improvements at Arrowhead and $250 million for Kauffman Stadium.

The Royals have pledged to contribute $25 million toward their stadium renovation.

In August 2007, the Hunt family pledged an additional $50 million toward Arrowhead improvements.

In December, the Missouri Development Finance Board approved $25 million in state tax credits to the Chiefs.

Spain said the Chiefs plan to spend up to $10 million on a new indoor training facility at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, where it will hold training camp, in addition to the improvements detailed Tuesday.

The legislature on Tuesday also improved what was described as a technical change in the sale of $447 million in bonds approved by voters for the stadium improvements.

SenselessChiefsFan
01-21-2009, 08:32 AM
County hears about $70 million in further renovations for Arrowhead Stadium

http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/993022.html

The Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday offered some new specifics about an additional $70 million in improvements to Arrowhead Stadium and common areas at the Truman Sports Complex.

None of those costs would be paid by Jackson County taxpayers, representatives of the Chiefs stressed in a presentation Tuesday before the Jackson County Legislature.

“This does not expand the county’s responsibility at all,” said Ken Spain, a Kansas City attorney representing the Chiefs.

Spain explained that the extra construction costs — above the $250 million approved by county taxpayers — are being paid by the Hunt family and newly approved tax credits granted by the state of Missouri.
The legislature approved the resolution detailing the Chiefs’ improvement plans.

Many Arrowhead improvements will be finished this year. The improvements to be completed by August 2010 include:

•$15.5 million to expand the scope of Arrowhead’s upper deck, widening it far beyond originally planned with additional concession stands and more public gathering places.

•$4.77 million to increase from eight to 18 the number of elevators for people with disabilities.

•$4.19 million to expand the Hall of Honor.

The other common-area improvements presented Tuesday included $6.2 million for parking lot and road repairs; $7.3 million in concrete coatings; and nearly $400,000 to improve drainage on ramps.
Spain described the expenses as unanticipated ones discovered after the original scope of the project had been set.
Jackson County owns Arrowhead and leases it to the Chiefs.
In 2006, county voters approved a 3/8 -cent sales tax to raise about $250 million for improvements at Arrowhead and $250 million for Kauffman Stadium.

The Royals have pledged to contribute $25 million toward their stadium renovation.

In August 2007, the Hunt family pledged an additional $50 million toward Arrowhead improvements.

In December, the Missouri Development Finance Board approved $25 million in state tax credits to the Chiefs.

Spain said the Chiefs plan to spend up to $10 million on a new indoor training facility at Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, where it will hold training camp, in addition to the improvements detailed Tuesday.

The legislature on Tuesday also improved what was described as a technical change in the sale of $447 million in bonds approved by voters for the stadium improvements.

If the Chiefs keep Herm, remember how committed the Chiefs are to building a winner.

Pioli is the highest paid GM in the league. The Chiefs are putting all this money into not only stadium renovations, but training facilities.

It may not happen as quickly as we would all like, but this team is putting the foundation in to be a great team.

kcchiefsus
01-21-2009, 08:37 AM
Great, now we definitely are not spending any on free agents.

Kylo Ren
01-21-2009, 08:45 AM
What about the video board. We need to have a huge, really kick ass video board. Any plans for that?

R&GHomer
01-21-2009, 08:51 AM

I disagree, Clark is giving every indication he is building this team to compete on a national level. Way too go Clark!!!

BigRedChief
01-21-2009, 08:52 AM
What about the video board. We need to have a huge, really kick ass video board. Any plans for that?
supposely will be in place before next seasons kickoff.

BigRedChief
01-21-2009, 08:54 AM
huh? The dude went out and bought the highest paid GM in the NFL.

He's gonna have to pay king Carl and Herm millions to sit on their ass next year. And to top it all off most of the assistant coaches salaries.

And then pay a new coach and their assistants.

Clark Hunt can't be accused of being cheap.

SAUTO
01-21-2009, 09:00 AM

He's gonna have to pay king Carl and Herm millions to sit on their ass next year. And to top it all off most of the assistant coaches salaries.

Its mind bottling that some still act this way

Bob Dole
01-21-2009, 09:02 AM

Since you're apparently a little slow, remember this helpful tip:

Inhale
Exhale
Inhale
Exhale
Inhale
Exhale
(repeat indefinitely)

ExtremeChief
01-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Its mind bottling that some still act this way

How exactly does one bottle their mind?

Hammock Parties
01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Clark is my sweet baboo.

kcchiefsus
01-21-2009, 10:04 AM

I never said he was cheap, it's just that now more money will be tied up in the stadium as opposed to being spent on players.

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, I guess it's just a tradeoff that has to be made.

kcchiefsus
01-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Since you're apparently a little slow, remember this helpful tip:

Inhale
Exhale
Inhale
Exhale
Inhale
Exhale
(repeat indefinitely)

And here's a little helpful tip for you:

Insert barrell into mouth
Pull trigger

Demonpenz
01-21-2009, 10:31 AM
And here's a little helpful tip for you:

Insert barrell into mouth
Pull trigger

cracker barrel's trigger fries hmmm

jiveturkey
01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I don't remember seeing any details regarding video board upgrades at the stadium. Does anyone have a link?

Radar Chief
01-21-2009, 10:45 AM

I’d assume the same way a ship in a bottle is made. With really long tweezers.

bowener
01-21-2009, 10:48 AM
I really hope the roof idea comes back to life some how. I figure the Chiefs will be pretty prominent in the NFL by 2015, and that was when the SB would be held at arrowhead if the roof is added... plus, can you imagine the playoff home field advantage? People's ears would be bleeding!

chiefsngop
01-21-2009, 10:56 AM
$4.19 million to expand the Hall Of Honor.

That's a good idea, because Pioli is going to stack this team with so much talent, we'll need 2 Halls Of Honor to enshrine them all !!!

ChiefsCountry
01-21-2009, 12:22 PM
I really hope the roof idea comes back to life some how. I figure the Chiefs will be pretty prominent in the NFL by 2015, and that was when the SB would be held at arrowhead if the roof is added... plus, can you imagine the playoff home field advantage? People's ears would be bleeding!

Roof was one of the most stupid thing Kansas City voters ever voted down. I am not a fan of it for the Chiefs games but for all the other major events KC could get that go to Indy or St. Louis instead.

BigRedChief
01-21-2009, 12:24 PM
$4.19 million to expand the Hall Of Honor.

That's a good idea, because Pioli is going to stack this team with so much talent, we'll need 2 Halls Of Honor to enshrine them all !!!
Rep ROFL

SAUTO
01-21-2009, 12:26 PM

I dont know ask ron burgandyROFL

Goldmember
01-21-2009, 02:49 PM
I don't remember seeing any details regarding video board upgrades at the stadium. Does anyone have a link?

Other additions will feature an upgraded sound system, new video board displays - including a 360 degree ribbon board around the lower fascia of the stadium -

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/08/15/chiefs_unveil_the_new_arrowhead/

chiefsngop
01-21-2009, 03:15 PM
I dont know ask ron burgandyROFL

When in Rome......