PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsPlanet A reminder about a couple features

DaFace
01-21-2009, 10:06 PM
I despise stickies. But they have a purpose on some days like today. But they still drive me nuts. So I thought I'd point out a couple things that you might not know about if having a ton of stuff at the top of the Lounge drives you as crazy as it does me.

1. You can always ignore a thread (including sticky threads) so that they won't show up. To do so, open the thread, then look for "Thread Tools" above the first post. Ignore thread is under that menu. You can then manage your ignored threads in your UserCP.

2. If you're just looking to cut down on the off-topic threads to find the Chiefs news you crave, check out the Filters under the Forum menu at the top. Those will limit the threads shown to only those in football-related topics.

3. If that doesn't cut it, check out the Firefox extension FfVb (http://www.tycamtech.com/). Using that extension, you can ignore threads (just like above), users, and even prefixes. So if you've always wanted ChiefsPlanet to be a football-only forum without having to use the menu, you can ignore all the prefixes except football. You can also ignore threads based on keywords, so if you don't like the sex topics, they won't even show up. There ya go.

4. If you're like me and don't like having 5 subforums at the top of the Lounge, you can ignore those you don't want to see in your UserCP under Edit Options, toward the bottom of the page. Don't like Washington DC? Select it on the list, and it'll be like it's not even there. You can always access the forums you ignore under the Forums menu at the top.

That's all. Nothing new here, but I know some of these features aren't exactly well-known. Carry on.

Taco John
01-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Can you sticky this?

cdcox
01-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Somehow I've managed to turn tags off. Can you tell me how to turn them back on again?

Bearcat
01-21-2009, 10:12 PM
You can also use the AutoPager (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4925) add-on in Archie F. Swin's (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=200726) thread in order to view multiple pages on one page, so looking through the last 5 pages of threads won't seem like such a pain the ass.

Fritz88
01-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Deface, I guess I like all your suggestions. So I am like you. I think we have something in common, let's get married.

Fish
01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Deface, I guess I like all your suggestions. So I am like you. I think we have something in common, let's get married.

You have to add him to your Friends list first.

Bugeater
01-21-2009, 10:47 PM
I don't seem to have an AirWolf button anymore.

KcMizzou
01-21-2009, 10:49 PM
I don't seem to have an AirWolf button anymore.I never had one... but I'd like one.

Can you get on that?

Bowser
01-22-2009, 12:10 AM
I don't seem to have an AirWolf button anymore.

You're not cool enough for one.

crazycoffey
01-22-2009, 12:14 AM
I just ignored this thread...

alanm
01-22-2009, 12:21 AM
You have to add him to your Friends list first.ROFLROFL

Basileus777
01-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah, the 3423423903 stickies are driving me crazy.