PDA

View Full Version : Poop KC's first Red Light Camera set to go online 1-22-9

Bowser
01-22-2009, 12:50 AM
It will be at 39th and Southwest Trafficway. I dare you to flip off the camera as you go through the intersection.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18535088/detail.html

Phobia
01-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Honestly, I can't understand why the privacy extremists aren't organizing snipers for these cameras. I'm not sure that would hurt my feelings.

|Zach|
01-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Yowza, I prob pass through that intersection 15 times a week. I am not one to run red lights though...every now and then I will get a little speedy but people that run reds piss me off.

DaneMcCloud
01-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Welcome to 10 years ago in Los Angeles.

As a matter of fact, I may have garnered a ticket tonight.

Gotta pay for that new stadium somehow.

kcxiv
01-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Just barely? wow. We have had them for about 10 years out here. lol

Valiant
01-22-2009, 01:59 AM
It will be at 39th and Southwest Trafficway. I dare you to flip off the camera as you go through the intersection.

http://www.kmbc.com/news/18535088/detail.html

I have been soo tempted to pelt those lenses with my paintball guns..

Valiant
01-22-2009, 02:01 AM
Yowza, I prob pass through that intersection 15 times a week. I am not one to run red lights though...every now and then I will get a little speedy but people that run reds piss me off.

It would not be so bad if they did not fuck with the light times.. Just in the northland I know of 6 lights that are not the required time of yellow.. The star said they tested the lights lengths before the cameras and will test then again after the cameras have been going..

I am lucky to count 2 seconds on a couple up here..

reiko57
01-22-2009, 02:58 AM
uhh wtf i see these cameras up everywhere

|Zach|
01-22-2009, 03:30 AM
uhh wtf i see these cameras up everywhere

Yes, but they are not cameras with the ability to shoot a picture of you that results in a ticket for running a red light.

That is assuming you are a KC citizen.

Valiant
01-22-2009, 03:47 AM
Yes, but they are not cameras with the ability to shoot a picture of you that results in a ticket for running a red light.

Isn't there a reflective tape that will fuck with these cameras??

Frosty
01-22-2009, 08:00 AM
It would not be so bad if they did not **** with the light times.. Just in the northland I know of 6 lights that are not the required time of yellow.. The star said they tested the lights lengths before the cameras and will test then again after the cameras have been going..

I am lucky to count 2 seconds on a couple up here..

Awhile back, Car and Driver had an article that said that cities that had put in red light cameras decreased the yellow time to increase tickets. The cameras are only leased and the company that is leasing them requires a certain quota to keep them going. They weren't getting enough tickets with the original yellow time so they kept decreasing that time until the quota was met.

bkkcoh
01-22-2009, 08:04 AM
If it is the same situation as here in Columbus, the ticket will be like $95 with the city getting about $20 or so of it. The rest of it goes to the company that put in the the red-light camera and maintains it.

JOhn
01-22-2009, 08:08 AM
Isn't there a reflective tape that will **** with these cameras??

:shrug:

I do seem to remember an episode of Myth Busters that dealt with this subject.

petegz28
01-22-2009, 08:11 AM
On Christmans Eve in Phoenix, 2 guys dressed up like Santa Claus and went around covering up the cameras with boxes.

KC Jones
01-22-2009, 08:25 AM
It's always fun to print out a fake license plate number of someone you hate, use it to cover your license and then run a red light at those cameras!

BigChiefFan
01-22-2009, 08:35 AM
On Christmans Eve in Phoenix, 2 guys dressed up like Santa Claus and went around covering up the cameras with boxes.
Sounds like they moved on to pouring diesel fuel on QB's lawns.

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 08:40 AM
thanks for the info. I hate these lights. Someone will probably die from slamming on their breaks and being rear ended and pushed into oncoming traffic.

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 08:41 AM
another thing that pisses me off. In lenexa we have red lights and you will be sitting there quite awhile to wait your turn, and sometimes if the guy in front of you isn't RIGHT ON IT. It will let one car turn. ONE FREAKING CAR.

CoMoChief
01-22-2009, 08:41 AM

Yup just about got killed the other day in an intersection.

Usually I'm ver weary if im front in line crossing an intersection. After the light turns green Im the guy that looks both ways still and waits til it looks like the cars slowed down coming from the other direction.

Pisses people off behind me and I get the occasional honk, but I'm not gonna let one of these fools ruin my life from a car accident.

Bugeater
01-22-2009, 08:43 AM

IIRC they were trying to beat radar guns in that episode.

Frosty
01-22-2009, 09:04 AM
another thing that pisses me off. In lenexa we have red lights and you will be sitting there quite awhile to wait your turn, and sometimes if the guy in front of you isn't RIGHT ON IT. It will let one car turn. ONE FREAKING CAR.

Yeah, I always hate the first guy in line at a turn light. Unless it's me - then screw y'all, I'll go when I want. :)

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I always hate the first guy in line at a turn light. Unless it's me - then screw y'all, I'll go when I want. :)

seems like the attitude of all. Just like man people can't drive in the rain...because they are going so slow.....next thing I hear, man people can't drive in the rain, look at those morons speeding all over the place. People suck in snow look at them it's the midwest just alittle snow. Then you see suv's in ditches. Man People are crazy when it snows driving all fast and shit!

Frosty
01-22-2009, 09:22 AM
seems like the attitude of all.

I was kidding, of course. However, I never just go when the light changes. Too many run lights around here to just trust that no one is coming. BTDT, got the crushed car. :shake:

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 10:13 AM
I was kidding, of course. However, I never just go when the light changes. Too many run lights around here to just trust that no one is coming. BTDT, got the crushed car. :shake:

yeah I got it, but it rings true how many times do you go man whats this guy waiting for green light idiot, only to later in the day you daze off at a light and get honked out. What would Jesus do, not honk at people

luv
01-22-2009, 10:57 AM
You guys are just now getting one?

KC-TBB
01-22-2009, 11:37 AM
:cuss:Fricken BIG BROTHER...why don't they come up with a camera that can take that good of picture for 7-11 stores...when they show the 'perp' on t.v. they look like the same fuzzy dude...

PastorMikH
01-22-2009, 01:14 PM

Do you seem to remember what they found out?

PastorMikH
01-22-2009, 01:16 PM
I have been soo tempted to pelt those lenses with my paintball guns..

Do you have a paintball color that looks like bird droppings when it splatters so the birds get blamed?

Pablo
01-22-2009, 01:18 PM
yeah I got it, but it rings true how many times do you go man whats this guy waiting for green light idiot, only to later in the day you daze off at a light and get honked out. What would Jesus do, not honk at peopleJesus doesn't have to honk at people penz.

He floats to where he's gotta go. Although JC sitting in a pretty sweet Black IROC with flames would be a site to see.

BWillie
01-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Good. People that run red lights kill people. I find it comical that you get the same fine for going 6 over as you do for running a freaking red light and maiming an family and their children. STUPID

morphius
01-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Honestly, I can't understand why the privacy extremists aren't organizing snipers for these cameras. I'm not sure that would hurt my feelings.
I know it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Molitoth
01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Without these cameras, Jack Bauer would let the world down.

BWillie
01-22-2009, 03:54 PM
:cuss:Fricken BIG BROTHER...why don't they come up with a camera that can take that good of picture for 7-11 stores...when they show the 'perp' on t.v. they look like the same fuzzy dude...

I almost went to jail because the cops were convinced I was a white guy with dark hair that was about 5 foot 11. One of my roommates stole someones credit card that used to live in our house, and they kept saying it was me based on this grainy as shit wal-mart camera. It could have been about 20 million different people

Cornstock
01-22-2009, 03:56 PM

So if you're from KC you're immune, but if not they can ticket you?

BWillie
01-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm renting a rental car and running every light I can find.

Demonpenz
01-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Ok i am not a real good shot, but I thought about taking it down with a rifle, I am scared of if I miss where the bullet will land. Knowing my luck it will take out some dangerous species of bird and the bird will fall out and go into a bus full of god fearing nuns and the bus will explode killing popular rock band AC/DC