PDA

View Full Version : Football Mike Trgovac out as Panthers Def Coor.

Bootlegged
01-22-2009, 11:24 AM
Good. He's awful. More competition for DC's.

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/2009/01/change-of-heart-trgovac-out.html

Change of heart: Trgovac out
Mike Trgovac has had a change of heart and will not be returning as the Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator, according to team general manager Marty Hurney.

" We offered Trgo a contract and told him we wanted him back, but he informed us last night he wanted to pursue other options," said Hurney.

As recently as earlier Wednesday, Trgovac was planning to remain with the Panthers and sign a new contract. He, coach John Fox and Hurney were together at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., and were making plans for the 2009 season.

Trgovac, who has been the Panthers defensive coordinator since 2003, could not be reached for comment.

Fox is now expected to put on hold his search for defensive line and linebackers coaches to focus first on getting a new coordinator. Earlier this week, defensive tackles coach Sal Sunseri decided to leave for a college job at Alabama, and linebackers coach Ken Flajole went to the St. Louis Rams as defensive coordinator.

-- Charles Chandler

Goapics1
01-22-2009, 11:28 AM
"Bring him in for a look?"

Ebolapox
01-22-2009, 11:39 AM
he was a hot commodity for head coach a few years ago.

I'd take him as our DC any day of teh week.

DO IT, SCOTTIE!

BigChiefFan
01-22-2009, 11:40 AM
The "other options" comment is what is intriguing to me.

Deberg_1990
01-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Dont know much about him.

But i would guess the Cards loss cost him his job. Or at least had a little to do with it??

BigChiefFan
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM

But i would guess the Cards loss cost him his job.
Hello? The article states he was OFFERED a contract renewal from the Panthers.

Goapics1
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM

But i would guess the Cards loss cost him his job. Or at least had a little to do with it??

" We offered Trgo a contract and told him we wanted him back, but he informed us last night he wanted to pursue other options," said Hurney.
did i misread this?

Deberg_1990
01-22-2009, 11:46 AM
I did read that, but behind the scenes, im sure it probably had alot to do with his own decision.