PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports So, where my Oklahoma City Thunder fans at?!

Archie F. Swin
01-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Holla!!!!

((((crickets chirping)))

come on man, Nick Collison is all up in this!

rambleonthruthefog
01-23-2009, 11:30 PM
i'll bite. did they win a good game? I'm actually glad OK got a pro team.

BigChiefFan
I root for 'em.

AndChiefs
boo

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Flopnuts and arc are going to be pissed.

JOhn
01-23-2009, 11:31 PM
What sport do they play? :shrug:

Basileus777
01-23-2009, 11:32 PM
What sport do they play? :shrug:

WNBA

grandllama
01-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Ok, I give, who is the Oklahoma Thunder? DIV III Field Hockey?

ChiefsCountry
01-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Thunder has some good young talent in Durant, Westbrook, and Green. If they can get Griffin this year, it would be a nice boost for the team and the ticket sales. Still they are a few players away from doing anything in the West.

Archie F. Swin
01-23-2009, 11:37 PM
I think OKC could be a hellafied NFL city. Unfortunately it would probably get an NFC team.

Man....Bud Light really is about the drinkability :deevee: BELCH

Archie F. Swin
01-23-2009, 11:38 PM
who else is gettin their buzz on?

Archie F. Swin
01-23-2009, 11:40 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/thundergirls_wallpaper_1024.jpg

Reaper16
01-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Give me a KC team. Otherwise, I'll be rooting for the Magic like I have ever since I was in 1st grade.

Archie F. Swin
01-23-2009, 11:44 PM
KC should get a hockey team...you can adopt the Oklahoma City Thunder as your team!

Archie F. Swin
01-23-2009, 11:46 PM
i'll bite. did they win a good game? I'm actually glad OK got a pro team.

they beat Detroit back on the 16th of January

kcpasco
SEATTLE SUPERSONICS

SWOTI
If the Thunder get a new logo, it would be appreciated.

chiefsfan987
01-24-2009, 12:01 AM
"So, where my Oklahoma City Thunder fans at?! "

Not here.

JuicesFlowing
01-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Hanging from nooses, just a guess.

RealSNR
01-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Why do new franchises pick the dumbest names/logos?

grandllama
01-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Give me a KC team. Otherwise, I'll be rooting for the Magic like I have ever since I was in 1st grade.

damn puppy... The Kings are the KC team...

You know how it goes... the Lakers move to LA where there is are no Lakes, the Jazz move to Utah where there is no music, and the Kings move to Sacramento where there are only Queens...

grandllama
01-24-2009, 12:26 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/thunder/thundergirls_wallpaper_1024.jpg

They must have imported those Chicky's from Seattle too.... but almost enough to make me root for OKC ROFL

Basileus777
01-24-2009, 12:34 AM
damn puppy... The Kings are the KC team...

You know how it goes... the Lakers move to LA where there is are no Lakes, the Jazz move to Utah where there is no music, and the Kings move to Sacramento where there are only Queens...

KC stole the Kings/Royals from Cincinnati anyway. Hell, the royals name originates from when they were in Rochester.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2009, 02:21 AM
Flopnuts and arc are going to be pissed.

Fucking thieves.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2009, 02:22 AM
SEATTLE SUPERSONICS

Motherfucking this.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2009, 02:22 AM
Fuck the NBA.

okcchief
01-24-2009, 04:09 AM
I'm a Chiefs, Royals and Thunder fan.

The triple crown of losing teams, but the future is starting to look brighter :)

We've been to a couple of games and hope to go to several more.

I still like the Hornets as well.

Ultra Peanut
01-24-2009, 04:21 AM
Fuck OKC. At least we stole a joke of a franchise and didn't reinvent the team with the worst name/logo combination in pro sports (including the NIFL).

http://i42.tinypic.com/10g0heg.gif

North Dakota Chief
01-24-2009, 04:27 AM
Kevin Durant alone is worth the price of admission to watch the Thunder.

How many of you would have loved to have watched Pistol Pete Maravich or George Gervin in person?

Ultra Peanut
01-24-2009, 04:30 AM
Did you just compare Kevin Durant to Maravich and Gervin?

North Dakota Chief
01-24-2009, 04:40 AM

No, but a great player is a great player. Durant is the biggest thing to ever happen to Oklahoma City. That's a big time entertainer playing ball in a cow town.

North Dakota Chief
01-24-2009, 04:42 AM

The point I was making in the original post is that a superstar hometown player is worth watching regardless if the team sucks.

BWillie
01-24-2009, 08:44 AM
No, but a great player is a great player. Durant is the biggest thing to ever happen to Oklahoma City. That's a big time entertainer playing ball in a cow town.

The Thunder have a chance to be pretty good next year, they really do. They have 3 number one picks next year in the draft, and if they get lucky and can pick up Griffin they will have a pretty good starting line up with Russell Westbrook, Durant, Nenad Kristic, and Blake Griffin. Would just need to find a SG and some good role players off the bench. 3 number one draft picks should help that.

Skyy God
01-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Their cheerleaders make KC's look hot by comparison.

Archie F. Swin
01-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Durant is the biggest thing to ever happen to Oklahoma City.

well, there was that BOOM back in April of '95

(((hangs head in shame)))

damn...I went there!

okcchief
01-24-2009, 11:34 AM
**** OKC. At least we stole a joke of a franchise and didn't reinvent the team with the worst name/logo combination in pro sports (including the NIFL).

http://i42.tinypic.com/10g0heg.gif

I didn't like the name or logo at first, but once you go to the games and realize you have a Professional team in your town you get over it.

At least we didn't steal the Grizzlies. That would be a true joke of a franchise :)

Bearcat
01-24-2009, 11:56 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar2085_12.gif

Ah, the classics. LMAO

Archie F. Swin
11-09-2009, 10:28 PM
fuckin' print 'em

Archie F. Swin
02-13-2010, 10:00 AM
ya'llz need to get behind a winner

Stewie
02-13-2010, 11:10 AM
I heard earlier this week that Durant has scored 25+ points in 25 straight games. Only AI had done that in recent years. Greg Oden who?

RealSNR
02-13-2010, 11:25 AM
I heard earlier this week that Durant has scored 25+ points in 25 straight games. Only AI had done that in recent years. Greg Oden who?Everybody said that was an awful pick when it happened. "Kevin Durant? But we already have Brandon Roy. We don't need Kevin Durant."

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Exhibit A: Why Pioli's draft strategy sucks fucking balls. Tyson Oden. Nuff said.

Reaper16
02-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Everybody said that was an awful pick when it happened. "Kevin Durant? But we already have Brandon Roy. We don't need Kevin Durant."

Ladies and gentlemen, this is Exhibit A: Why Pioli's draft strategy sucks fucking balls. Tyson Oden. Nuff said.
I don't think that's a fair comparison at all. Centers with potential for dominance are always going to be drafted high. You can't compare the positional value of a dominant center with that of a 3-4 DE.

RealSNR
02-13-2010, 11:41 AM
I don't think that's a fair comparison at all. Centers with potential for dominance are always going to be drafted high. You can't compare the positional value of a dominant center with that of a 3-4 DE.Most people I know didn't peg Greg Oden as a dominant center in the NBA. Yeah, yeah, I know, most people didn't peg Yao Ming as a dominant center either, but surprises happen all the time.

Could Oden have become a dominant center? Absolutely. Did people think he'd be a better player than Durant? Ehhhh....

L.A. Chieffan
02-13-2010, 11:52 AM
I fucking love Durant. There is NO ceiling for that guy. He's like a taller, more durable version of McGrady that has fucking HEAART.

Having said that FUCK OKC. (This message brought to you by the City of Seattle)

BWillie
02-13-2010, 12:45 PM
To bad these f*ckers didn't get lucky and hit #1 on the lottery. That would be a sick lineup w/ Durant and Griffin both in there. Maybe they can get Taylor Griffin to be the 12th man and water boy instead.

wild1
02-13-2010, 12:50 PM
OKC does have a stupid logo. The name Thunder isn't so bad, but they have the most generic symbol you could come up with. Good young talent on the team though.

Reerun_KC
02-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Okay, they r out there... I have never seen one though..

Went to a game and it was boring as helll

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2010, 01:00 PM
ya'llz need to get behind a winner

I hope their plane crashes in the Alomar forest. Fuck that team.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2010, 01:02 PM
I fucking love Durant. There is NO ceiling for that guy. He's like a taller, more durable version of McGrady that has fucking HEAART.

Rep. I've gotta stay out of this fucking thread. I'm going to have a stroke.

wild1
02-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Okay, they r out there... I have never seen one though..

Went to a game and it was boring as helll

They are entertaining in person. I would never sit down and watch a televised game or anything.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-13-2010, 01:06 PM
I can't even begin to express to all of you how much I hope Kevin Durant leaves that team. If he does, he will become my favorite player and I will worship whatever he team he goes to. Even if it's the fucking L.A Lakers. Thanks for reading.

okcchief
02-13-2010, 01:07 PM
To bad these f*ckers didn't get lucky and hit #1 on the lottery. That would be a sick lineup w/ Durant and Griffin both in there. Maybe they can get Taylor Griffin to be the 12th man and water boy instead.

Blake Griffin hasn't and isn't gonig to play all year. That is what I wanted but James Harden fits the team pretty well. The front office has done a great job of evaluating not only talent but good character guys. Everyone was pissed when they took Westbrook and Serge Ibaka in the first round two years ago but they are both working out nicely. Westbrook is playing under control this year and actually looks like a point guard. Ibaka has the potential to be a great post player in the next few years.

We have the Phoenix first round and ours this year. I'm hoping Phoenix trades Amare, falls the **** apart and gets in to the lottery :)

I'm going to the Dallas game on Tuesday :)

Saul Good
02-13-2010, 01:16 PM
OKC does have a stupid logo. The name Thunder isn't so bad, but they have the most generic symbol you could come up with. Good young talent on the team though.

Did they just photoshop the Golden State logo?

alanm
02-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Ok, I give, who is the Oklahoma Thunder? DIV III Field Hockey?A team stolen from Seattle. :p

Archie F. Swin
02-14-2010, 10:20 AM
I can't even begin to express to all of you how much I hope Kevin Durant leaves that team. If he does, he will become my favorite player and I will worship whatever he team he goes to. Even if it's the ****ing L.A Lakers. Thanks for reading.

do you just hate the city....or the fact that they got an NBA team?

Saul Good
02-14-2010, 11:24 AM

It's not the fact that they got AN NBA team. It's the fact that they took the Sonics that pisses him off. (I don't know why you'd blame OKC, though.)

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2010, 12:08 PM

It's not the fact that they got AN NBA team. It's the fact that they took the Sonics that pisses him off. (I don't know why you'd blame OKC, though.)

I don't hate OKC at all. Not even remotely a little bit. However, the fact that MY Seattle Supersonics are now the Oklahoma City Thunder makes me hate that team. So, it's really nothing personal to you guys, but surely you can understand why I would never want to see that team do well. There aren't many souls on the face of this planet that I despise the way I despise Clayton fucking Bennett.

Not that I expect you would care, but if you want a better idea of just how all of that went down, there's a documentary out there that breaks down the thievery, lies, and douchebaggery committed by Clay Bennett, and David Stern. Really though, I blame Howard Schultz, and Barry Ackerley. They were the former owners of the Sonics and they both played a big part in fucking this city. That documentary will give you a much better idea of the history of "your" team. They've been around a lot longer than their logo.

It is what it is, but I'll never "get over it". They were my 2nd favorite sports team on the face of this earth after my Chiefs. :deevee:

Archie F. Swin
02-14-2010, 02:42 PM
. They were the former owners of the Sonics and they both played a big part in ****ing this city.

It is what it is, but I'll never "get over it". They were my 2nd favorite sports team on the face of this earth after my Chiefs. :deevee:

You live in or near Seattle?

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2010, 02:50 PM
You live in or near Seattle?

I was born in Ray County Memorial hospital in Richmond MO in 1977. I've lived in Seattle since 1978. While I was raised a diehard Chiefs fan by diehard Chiefs fans, I love Seattle teams otherwise. Here was my old list of favorite teams.

1. Chiefs
2. Sonics
3. UW Huskies
4. Mariners

5. Seahawks

I was as passionate of a Sonics fan as anyone in this city. Well after their glory days of the 96 Finals I supported that team. Through their terrible decisions, their worse ownership, and all the way up until the local politicians made one of the largest gaffes in the history of this great city.

I don't hate OKC. I don't hate the people there. But I would be lying if I said I was happy for you guys getting a team. As passionate as I was about the Sonics, now I'm equally passionate about the Thunder's failure. And I haven't watched more than a couple of playoff games in the last couple of years. I'm bitter as fuck.

But it's not with the people of OKC, or their fans. If I was born and raised there I'd be thrilled that it all happened too. Regardless of how.

teedubya
02-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Seattle Supersucka's. Hah hah!!

OKC is OK by me! :-P

baitism
02-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Who?

Quesadilla Joe
02-14-2010, 03:15 PM

LMAO

That is just rubbing it in.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2010, 04:04 PM

Remember this post when Kansas falls on their asses in the tourney this year. I sure will.

58-4ever
02-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Westbrook and Durant are going to make this team good for years to come. They may even win a playoff series this year, which would be RAPID development....

58-4ever
02-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Blake Griffin hasn't and isn't gonig to play all year. That is what I wanted but James Harden fits the team pretty well. The front office has done a great job of evaluating not only talent but good character guys. Everyone was pissed when they took Westbrook and Serge Ibaka in the first round two years ago but they are both working out nicely. Westbrook is playing under control this year and actually looks like a point guard. Ibaka has the potential to be a great post player in the next few years.

We have the Phoenix first round and ours this year. I'm hoping Phoenix trades Amare, falls the **** apart and gets in to the lottery :)

I'm going to the Dallas game on Tuesday :)

No doubt they have evaluated talent very nicely. Maynor is going to be a VERY good backup point guard and they have developed a nice bench where they play 9-10 guys a game consistently without much of a drop off. I believe Ibaka is a rookie though. If he keeps his current progress up, Green could eventually become expendable.

58-4ever
02-14-2010, 05:22 PM
I hope their plane crashes in the Alomar forest. Fuck that team.

What a terrible thing to say, especially with Oklahoma sports teams luck with planes. You are a grade A douche.

58-4ever
02-14-2010, 05:25 PM

Durant will be the number 2 player in the NBA in a few years. And when LeBron reaches his mid to late 30s, Durant will most likely be the BEST player in the league.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-14-2010, 07:39 PM
What a terrible thing to say, especially with Oklahoma sports teams luck with planes. You are a grade A douche.

The irony in this post is strong. But let me clarify. I wouldn't piss on the fire to put it out.

RealSNR
02-14-2010, 07:56 PM
What a terrible thing to say, especially with Oklahoma sports teams luck with planes. You are a grade A douche.I can't get over the fact that these are the Seattle Sonics I'm watching. It doesn't make any sense that Oklahoma fucking City is the home of the Seattle Sonics, which I watched all the time as a kid.

So fuck the OKC and their team that doesn't end in a goddamn "s"

wildcat09
02-14-2010, 08:51 PM
I am in OKC for business and I hope to go to the Thunder game on Tuesday. Should be a good time.

chiefsfan987
02-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Remember this post when Kansas falls on their asses in the tourney this year. I sure will.

Hey now, the Jayhawks have nothing to do with this. I'm a hawks fan too :) That said we still got the shaft on our Supersonics.

ClevelandBronco
02-15-2010, 12:07 AM
I swear this is the first I've heard of the existence of the Thunder and the demise of the Sonics.

RealSNR
02-15-2010, 12:12 AM
I swear this is the first I've heard of the existence of the Thunder and the demise of the Sonics.The OKC Thunder have kind of exploded onto the scene

okcchief
02-15-2010, 12:31 AM
No doubt they have evaluated talent very nicely. Maynor is going to be a VERY good backup point guard and they have developed a nice bench where they play 9-10 guys a game consistently without much of a drop off. I believe Ibaka is a rookie though. If he keeps his current progress up, Green could eventually become expendable.

Ibaka played a year in the D league. He is from the Congo and has played a total of four or five years of basketball in his life. The sky is the limit.

As far as the Seattle thing goes blame your fucking politicians. It's not like they are the first team in the history of sports to move and they sure as hell won't be the last.

okcchief
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Nine in a row!

If only the Chiefs could draft like the Thunder :)

Archie F. Swin
04-18-2010, 09:13 AM
PLAYOFFS BITCHES!!!!!!

The Lakers and BIG DADDY can do the new jack swing from my nuts!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-18-2010, 09:29 AM
How on Earth did the Thunder end up with the 8 seed? I thought they were looking at the 5, or 6?

Archie F. Swin
04-18-2010, 09:48 AM
They lost to the Trailblazers early in the week

Mr. Flopnuts
04-18-2010, 09:59 AM
They lost to the Trailblazers early in the week

That took them all the way down to 8th? Man, I thought they had a legitimate shot of getting into the 2nd round this year. They're progressing faster than I thought they would, but I think the emergence of Kevin Durant as a legitimate superstar is helping that cause. Westbrook is playing pretty well too isn't he? Sigh, I miss my Sonics but I'm going to do my best not to shit in your thread anymore.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-18-2010, 10:04 AM
yup 50 wins this year, gets you a 8th seed in the west

CaliforniaChief
04-18-2010, 10:29 AM
yup 50 wins this year, gets you a 8th seed in the west

It's crazy how brutal the West is. Conventional wisdom is that the East is stronger at the top, but there's not a weak team in the West...1-8.

As a Lakers fan I was looking at potential 8 seeds we would play and I thought it was amazing that the Spurs were in contention until they came into Staples and beat the crap out of the Lakers.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-18-2010, 11:10 AM
It's crazy how brutal the West is. Conventional wisdom is that the East is stronger at the top, but there's not a weak team in the West...1-8.

As a Lakers fan I was looking at potential 8 seeds we would play and I thought it was amazing that the Spurs were in contention until they came into Staples and beat the crap out of the Lakers.
yup and unfortunately my mavs get the spurs in the first round for the 2nd straight year.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-18-2010, 11:13 AM
yup and unfortunately my mavs get the spurs in the first round for the 2nd straight year.

I've always been a closet Mavs fan. If I could bring myself to watch the NBA anymore, I would be a full on fan for sure. Love the owner, love Dirk, they're a fun team to watch.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-18-2010, 11:20 AM
I've always been a closet Mavs fan. If I could bring myself to watch the NBA anymore, I would be a full on fan for sure. Love the owner, love Dirk, they're a fun team to watch.

Im huge fan of the move in the offseason and at the trading deadline to being able to get Caron Butler and Haywood, i believe they will be able to compete with the Lakers in a 7 game series, if they meet in the conference finals.

CaliforniaChief
04-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Im huge fan of the move in the offseason and at the trading deadline to being able to get Caron Butler and Haywood, i believe they will be able to compete with the Lakers in a 7 game series, if they meet in the conference finals.

Meh, I'm not convinced the Lakers will even make it out of the 2nd round, maybe even first. They certainly aren't on a good trajectory right now.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Meh, I'm not convinced the Lakers will even make it out of the 2nd round, maybe even first. They certainly aren't on a good trajectory right now.

you guys will be fine with a healthy Bunum, and when you have Kobe, there is always a chance

Archie F. Swin
05-16-2012, 10:13 AM
time for a little thread resurrection

Deberg_1990
05-16-2012, 10:21 AM
You mean the Seattle Supersonics?

L.A. Chieffan
05-16-2012, 10:24 AM

Less than two months later they beat the Celtics. HAHA dejavu all over again

Halfcan
05-16-2012, 10:30 AM
I am a Laker fan since I was a kid. I think the Thunder will beat them though-they seem younger, faster, bigger and More motivated.

vailpass
05-16-2012, 10:34 AM
You mean the Seattle Supersonics?

I feel bad for Seattle but OKC has acquitted themselves quite well in support of their NBA team. Can't call them the Sonics anymore IMHO.

bevischief
05-16-2012, 10:55 AM
okc.

Stryker
05-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Present!

thabear04
05-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Go Seattle SuperSonics

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Rooting for OKC to win it all.

Deberg_1990
05-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Just think KC, the Thunder could have been the Kansas City Thunder....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226727&highlight=thunder

Dr. Johnny Fever
05-16-2012, 03:24 PM
Just think KC, the Thunder could have been the Kansas City Thunder....

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226727&highlight=thunder

KC isn't allowed a winning team.