PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rivalry Question Regarding Clark Hunt

T-post Tom
01-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Other than the omnipotent hatred of Al-sue-the-NFL-Davis, how much division rivalry do you think NFL owners have?

Well as you probably know: Shan@han has to make a legitimate effort for new employment before he can collect the reported $17M left on his contract. Most reports have indicated that he wants to take some time off. And he's also constructing a stately manor in CO. Doesn't sound like someone anxious to leave town, if you ask me.

With that in mind, do you think Clark would delibertly interview Shan@han just to help insure that the Denver owner was forced to pay the reported $17M owed to Shan@han? I'd like to think so. Taking $17M out of the donk's pocket would be a competitive advantage, wouldn't it? Any chance Hunt & Pioli are working this angle? Ya gotta luv a good conspiracy theory.

DeezNutz
01-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Good question about the rivalries.

I've always thought of it as one big country club.

MIAdragon
01-23-2009, 11:26 PM
I dont think there is much rivalry at all, its all about the bottom line. I think Clark will hire the "best fit".

rambleonthruthefog
01-23-2009, 11:33 PM
i'd like to hope so.

T-post Tom
01-23-2009, 11:40 PM
I dont think there is much rivalry at all, its all about the bottom line. I think Clark will hire the "best fit".

I hope you're wrong. And I think winning helps the bottom line.

RippedmyFlesh
01-23-2009, 11:48 PM
Other than the omnipotent hatred of Al-sue-the-NFL-Davis, how much division rivalry do you think NFL owners have?

Well as you probably know: Shan@han has to make a legitimate effort for new employment before he can collect the reported $17M left on his contract. Most reports have indicated that he wants to take some time off. And he's also constructing a stately manor in CO. Doesn't sound like someone anxious to leave town, if you ask me.

With that in mind, do you think Clark would delibertly interview Shan@han just to help insure that the Denver owner was forced to pay the reported $17M owed to Shan@han? I'd like to think so. Taking $17M out of the donk's pocket would be a competitive advantage, wouldn't it? Any chance Hunt & Pioli are working this angle? Ya gotta luv a good conspiracy theory.

I didn't know that about shanahan's contract.
If I were Clark I would do it in a minute. A 17mil FU to denver? That would be sweet.
But Clark has more principles than me so I doubt he would do it for that reason.

Basileus777
01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
The NFL is a business. I doubt many owners hold personal enmities against individuals because of division rivalries. I don't think Clark would even consider doing that to spite Bowlen.

RippedmyFlesh
01-23-2009, 11:54 PM
The NFL is a business. I doubt many owners hold personal enmities against individuals because of division rivalries. I don't think Clark would even consider doing that to spite Bowlen.
I agree.
In the old nfl vs afl days they would have been more likely to try to screw each other.

T-post Tom
01-23-2009, 11:58 PM

Okay, leave the "personal enmities" out of it. How about this assumption:

degrading the donks financially = competitive advantage & improved standing for Chiefs = additional $ to bottom line = good business decision

Basileus777
01-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Okay, leave the "personal enmities" out of it. How about this assumption:

degrading the donks financially = competitive advantage & improved standing for Chiefs = additional $ to bottom line = good business decision

Maybe some owners would go for that. But Clark Hunt doesn't strike me as a ruthless utilitarian. He seems greatly concerned about how the Hunt family is perceived around the league.

T-post Tom
01-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Maybe some owners would go for that. But Clark Hunt doesn't strike me as a ruthless utilitarian. He seems greatly concerned about how the Hunt family is perceived around the league.

He does give off that perception. But he obviously wants to WIN and is willing to make choices his dad may not have. I bet he'd do it under the guise of truly wanting to hire "The Rat" and then quietly laugh about it while he and Pioli finish that sassy little bottle of wine that Dick Vermeil sent him for Christmas.

pr_capone
01-24-2009, 01:01 AM
He does give off that perception. But he obviously wants to WIN and is willing to make choices his dad may not have. I bet he'd do it under the guise of truly wanting to hire "The Rat" and then quietly laugh about it while he and Pioli finish that sassy little bottle of wine that Dick Vermeil sent him for Christmas.

sassy little bottle of wine?

man card please

http://officialmangear.com/images/uploads/revoked_product.jpg

T-post Tom
01-24-2009, 01:35 AM
sassy little bottle of wine?

man card please

The wine reference was meant to be said in a sarcastic, faux Phil Harman voice.

Sorry, I should have clarified that but I'm a bit distracted right now. I'm watching a Charles Bronson movie and building a new room edition while I type. Afterwards, I'm going to down a big steak dinner while pounding my girlfriend into a quivering puddle of orgasmic exhaustion. What was that about a man card?

RealSNR
01-24-2009, 01:39 AM

Sorry, I should have clarified that but I'm a bit distracted right now. I'm watching a Charles Bronson movie and building a new room edition while I type. Afterwards, I'm going to down a big steak dinner while pounding my girlfriend into a quivering puddle of orgasmic exhaustion. What was that about a man card?A new room edition? Who are you, Paige Davis? You little prissy lady.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-24-2009, 01:42 AM

Sorry, I should have clarified that but I'm a bit distracted right now. I'm watching a Charles Bronson movie and building a new room edition while I type. Afterwards, I'm going to down a big steak dinner while pounding my girlfriend into a quivering puddle of orgasmic exhaustion. What was that about a man card?

LMAO Nice. Way to go alpha post Tom.

pr_capone
01-24-2009, 01:46 AM

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/ae18jjv90pkm5aiawf4.gif

T-post Tom
01-24-2009, 02:58 AM
A new room edition? Who are you, Paige Davis? You little prissy lady.

I'd like to see Paige Davis construct a handsaw made from her own femur. It'd probably be too small and brittle because of her feminine low bone density. Not me, mfer, my femur is big, thick and manly. It took me thirty minutes just to cut it off with my machete. And another thirty minutes to make it into a handsaw. I used one of my back hairs as the blade. It cut through an 8X8 post like it was butter.