PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs What are the chances Haley might bring Warner with him?

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 04:48 PM
Warner is in the last year if his contract. Probably too old to get another big money deal. What do you think of bringing him in with Haley to get the ball rolling on offense? Even if that meant teaching the offense to the current players or rookie QB?

Just a thought.

What's your opinion?

OnTheWarpath15
01-24-2009, 04:50 PM
None.

ChiefsCountry
01-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Zero.

CrazyHorse
None.

Now I know why your post count is so high. You don't have to actually have anything to say to post. Nice work. And thanks.

J Diddy
maybe we could get trent green to be a backup too

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Warner is not the future even for the Cardinals. God bless him for his great year. I hope he wins it all... but that would be a very Carl Peterson thing to do.

J Diddy
01-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Now I know why your post count is so high. You don't have to actually have anything to say to post. Nice work. And thanks.

Um, you did put the question in a format that could be answered that way. If you wanted some elaboration then you should have probably asked for it in your OP.

OnTheWarpath15
01-24-2009, 04:54 PM

Sorry, but an idea so ridiculous only deserves a one-word answer.

RealSNR
01-24-2009, 04:54 PM
In general, recently hired coaches/front office people do not pick their previous teams over for important players.

Vermeil would not bring in Az Hakim. Pioli doesn't want any Patriots coach or Matt Cassel. Herm Edwards didn't bring in many relevent Jets (except the ones already cut by Mangini like McGraw and Reed)

This is a 100% no.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Great QB, but I want no part of him in KC. If we draft a guy top 3, the reigns need to be turned over as soon as he's ready not sitting behind an expensive and aging QB even if it is Warner.

Ebolapox
01-24-2009, 04:56 PM
In general, recently hired coaches/front office people do not pick their previous teams over for important players.

Vermeil would not bring in Az Hakim. Pioli doesn't want any Patriots coach or Matt Cassel. Herm Edwards didn't bring in many relevent Jets (except the ones already cut by Mangini like McGraw and Reed)

This is a 100% no.

ROFL

didn't we actually bring in az hakim, only to cut him in the preseason?

warrior
None

My post count is low. :D

Ebolapox
slim to none. I just don't see it.

FringeNC
01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Kurt Warner will be a god down there for taking the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. Why would he want to leave?

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry, but an idea so ridiculous only deserves a one-word answer.

Thanks.

Mr. Laz
01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
i wasn't under the impression that Haley WAS coming to KC ..... at least not as far as we know.

the next HC could bring a veteran in like you suggest though

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Um, you did put the question in a format that could be answered that way. If you wanted some elaboration then you should have probably asked for it in your OP.

There is more than one question in the OP. Hope this helps.

RealSNR
01-24-2009, 05:00 PM
ROFL

didn't we actually bring in az hakim, only to cut him in the preseason?No. We brought in a guy named Tony Horne with the idea of him returning kicks for us like he did with the Rams. He got cut by the Rams previously, which is why he wasn't relevent.

Same with Chris Thomas, who still makes me angry. Only Thomas actually started a few games for us :doh!:

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 05:01 PM
Kurt Warner will be a god down there for taking the Cardinals to the Super Bowl. Why would he want to leave?

He might not get an offer to stay. At least, not one he likes.

01-24-2009, 05:04 PM
WTF? You can't be serious.

OnTheWarpath15
01-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Here, you want a novel? Here we go...

Why would Kurt Warner, who's 37 years old, switch teams to follow his OC - who wouldn't be calling the plays for his new team?

Why, at 37 years old, would Warner want to spend a season or two building a rapport with new teammates, when he only has a year or two left in the league? Why waste the end of your career?

There are two things that can happen dependent on the outcome of the SB:

Arizona wins:

a) Warner retires

b) Warner re-signs a 1 or 2 year deal with Arizona and tries to win another SB. They've already told him they'd like him to return.

Arizona loses:

a) see "Arizona wins."

He has ZERO incentive to uproot his family, work with a new staff and work with new teammates in the twilight of his career - especially when he's in a perfect situation now.

The whole idea of him playing elsewhere in 2009 is ridiculous.

FringeNC
01-24-2009, 05:08 PM
He might not get an offer to stay. At least, not one he likes.

He's going to get a legit offer from the Cardinals, or he'll just retire. The odds of Warner being here next year are about the same as Herm Edwards getting into the NFL HOF as a coach, imho.

Ebolapox
01-24-2009, 05:09 PM
No. We brought in a guy named Tony Horne with the idea of him returning kicks for us like he did with the Rams. He got cut by the Rams previously, which is why he wasn't relevent.

Same with Chris Thomas, who still makes me angry. Only Thomas actually started a few games for us :doh!:

that's right. jeez. couldn't recall off the top of my head. thanks.

blueballs
01-24-2009, 05:09 PM
you'll have to find another way
of getting Brenda in your bed

blueballs
01-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Yo Murphy

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Here, you want a novel? Here we go...

Why would Kurt Warner, who's 37 years old, switch teams to follow his OC - who wouldn't be calling the plays for his new team?

Why, at 37 years old, would Warner want to spend a season or two building a rapport with new teammates, when he only has a year or two left in the league? Why waste the end of your career?

There are two things that can happen dependent on the outcome of the SB:

Arizona wins:

a) Warner retires

b) Warner re-signs a 1 or 2 year deal with Arizona and tries to win another SB. They've already told him they'd like him to return.

Arizona loses:

a) see "Arizona wins."

He has ZERO incentive to uproot his family, work with a new staff and work with new teammates in the twilight of his career - especially when he's in a perfect situation now.

The whole idea of him playing elsewhere in 2009 is ridiculous.

How'd he end up with the Cards again? Left a team he did well with that wanted to move in another QB. Went to a team that had been losing way longer than we have.

Maybe the chances aren't so good. Just thought I'd throw out the idea. If you have been offended by it, I appologize. I'm really disappointed in myself. I guess I should have known better. Your being a prick about it has been most effective.

jspchief
01-24-2009, 05:25 PM
He didn't "do well" with the Giants IMO. He was actually pretty bad. Happy feet and turnover prone iirc. His only success has come with dual pro-bowl receivers to throw to.

Here's a better question... why the hell would we want Kurt Warner? This team is a lot more than a QB away from being competitive. Adding Warner does nothing but postpone the need for a QB for a year or two, while doing little to make the team a legit contender.

People need to get it into their head that this team has a few years before they will have a chance at being good. Patchwork fixes like 37 year old QBs aren't going to improve this team's chances for any long term success.

JuicesFlowing
01-24-2009, 05:26 PM
I hope there is zero chance. Because nothing says "future" like a (eventually) 38 year old QB.

OnTheWarpath15
01-24-2009, 05:27 PM
How'd he end up with the Cards again? Left a team he did well with that wanted to move in another QB. Went to a team that had been losing way longer than we have.

I'm sure the fact that he was 33 or 34 when he went to Arizona, and was being forced out by the Giants and Eli Manning had NOTHING to do with the move.

But please, keep thinking that a 37 year old QB is interested in wasting the last year or two of his career, especially when the team he's playing for now wants him back.

Maybe the chances aren't so good. Just thought I'd throw out the idea. If you have been offended by it, I appologize. I'm really disappointed in myself. I guess I should have known better. Your being a prick about it has been most effective.

http://thewambulance.com/images/wambulance_logo.jpg

btlook1
01-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Could work...he would make a great back up to Thiggy. Can they bring Boldin to? Bowe, Boldin, Tony, Bradley....sweet!

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 05:34 PM
I hope there is zero chance. Because nothing says "future" like a (eventually) 38 year old QB.

I wasn't implying using him as a starter. I was thinking depth. I guess the popular opinion is that it's not a good idea.

Adept Havelock
01-24-2009, 05:40 PM
http://f.imagehost.org/0461/slim.jpg

I believe the probability of Warner following Haley to KC is somewhere in this region.

http://f.imagehost.org/0647/nun.png

CrazyHorse
I'm sure the fact that he was 33 or 34 when he went to Arizona, and was being forced out by the Giants and Eli Manning had NOTHING to do with the move.

But please, keep thinking that a 37 year old QB is interested in wasting the last year or two of his career, especially when the team he's playing for now wants him back.

http://thewambulance.com/images/wambulance_logo.jpg

Thanks for putting me in my place. You're the shit. No wonder the dude living in his moms basement has picked you as his sidekick. You really stand out.

What do you do for an encore?

jspchief
Yes, because it makes sense he'd want to go be a back-up a year after taking a team to the Superbowl.

You can act all hurt about getting rude responses to this thread, but clearly you haven't bothered to insert any common sense into the stupid shit that you are pounding out on the keyboard with your club-foot.

OnTheWarpath15
01-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Yes, because it makes sense he'd want to go be a back-up a year after taking a team to the Superbowl.

You can act all hurt about getting rude responses to this thread, but clearly you haven't bothered to insert any common sense into the stupid shit that you are pounding out on the keyboard with your club-foot.

Esto.

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 05:42 PM

You think he'll start next year for the Cards? It's not automatic.

StcChief
01-24-2009, 05:43 PM

You can act all hurt about getting rude responses to this thread, but clearly you haven't bothered to insert any common sense into the stupid shit that you are pounding out on the keyboard with your club-foot.This.
until post stop and think before posting. It's like dealing with teenagers....

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 05:45 PM

Not hurt. Just dont know why when given a choice to act like a prick, or treat someone with respect, many of you choose to be pricks. What does that say about you?

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 05:47 PM
This.
until post stop and think before posting. It's like dealing with teenagers....

Is this English?

beach tribe
01-24-2009, 05:51 PM
De Ja Voo. I could have sworn we just had a thread about this.

RealSNR
You think he'll start next year for the Cards? It's not automatic.So in order to pick up Warner, we're relying on:

-Warner not retiring
-Warner beating out Leinart again for the job
-If he gets beat out by Leinart, that he wouldn't be content as a backup for a Super Bowl team that likes him
-If he gets beat out by Leinart, that he wouldn't just rather retire at age 37
-Haley getting the Chiefs job
-If not, then the Chiefs making an attractive offer to Warner, who wouldn't want to pick up his family and move
-Warner choosing KC
-The Chiefs thinking to themselves that Warner is the perfect guy to bring in behind a struggling offensive line, which is how Warner became a failure in NY and with his later years with the Rams
-The Chiefs making the move to not draft a QB
-The Chiefs not going out and picking up another QB in free agency

All of those could work out, I guess. It's possible. But for all intents and purposes, the percent likelihood that it will happen is less than 1%.

It's just easier to say that it's NOT going to happen. Period.

There. Between Warpath, jsp, and me, you've had some pretty convincing evidence that the answer to your question is "virtually no chance at all." Nobody called you stupid. We just answered your question.

Are you going to continue to be a crybaby?

Skip Towne
The Cardsification of he Chiefs. Will it never end?

beach tribe
01-24-2009, 05:54 PM
I wasn't implying using him as a starter. I was thinking depth. I guess the popular opinion is that it's not a good idea.

I'm not trying to be an ass, but it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Why would he waste the last years he has to play in a rebuild? As a backup or not.

Craqhead
01-24-2009, 05:55 PM
If Haley's our new HC... i hope he doenst bring Warner w/him. that guy is just too old.

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm not trying to be an ass, but it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Why would he waste the last years he has to play in a rebuild? As a backup or not.

Yeah...I guess so. It was just a thought.

FringeNC
01-24-2009, 05:58 PM
It's funny, there was an almost identical thread earlier today, and the responses to bringing Warner in were positive.

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 06:10 PM
It's funny, there was an almost identical thread earlier today, and the responses to bringing Warner in were positive.

That is the culture of BBs. You never know what the hidden reason is behind someone showing thier ass.

jspchief
01-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Not hurt. Just dont know why when given a choice to act like a prick, or treat someone with respect, many of you choose to be pricks. What does that say about you?It says I'm a prick. I came to terms with it a long time ago. Or to be more accurate, I have a low tolerance for stupid or mentally lazy people.

If you can give me reasonable answers to why we would want him, or why he would choose to leave a Superbowl team to be a bench warmer for the 3rd worst team in the league, I'll do my best to engage in a normal conversation. But as it stands, it seems like all you did was have a thought pop into your head, and create a thread about it, before actually taking a few seconds to consider the common sense of it.

Yea, I think it would be great to have him as our 2nd string. Maybe we can get Tom Brady to be 3rd string since apparently all it takes is some connection to someone from their prior team to make NFL players make completely idiotic career moves.

cardken
01-24-2009, 06:23 PM

This is a 100% no.

Vermail did bring Green over from St. Louis. Just sayin'

Big Chief Homer
01-24-2009, 06:23 PM
No. We brought in a guy named Tony Horne with the idea of him returning kicks for us like he did with the Rams. He got cut by the Rams previously, which is why he wasn't relevent.

Actually,Az Hakim did sign with the chiefs but asked to be released 12 hours later.Vermiel granted him his release and I believe he went to Detroit.

CoMoChief
01-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Actually it just didn't take anything more than just one word to answer your stupid... stupid question.

cardken
01-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Warner needs to more similar season to this past one, stats wise to cement a HOF career. Those number won't happen in K.C's offense. With Fitzgearld and Bouldin those goals are attainable.

CoMoChief
01-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Vermail did bring Green over from St. Louis. Just sayin'

Green wasnt 38 yrs old either.

CoMoChief
01-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Warner needs to more similar season to this past one, stats wise to cement a HOF career. Those number won't happen in K.C's offense. With Fitzgearld and Bouldin those goals are attainable.

Not if he wins this SB he doesn't. HE already has the 2nd highest winning% in the playoffs in NFL history min of 10 games played.

SB's are highly rated in the HOF voting process and if Warner wins he will have played in 3 SB's, winning 2, both wins taking teams that were complete jokes and turned them around into winners. There are only a handful of QB's that have won mult SB's.

Tom Brady
Montana
Staubach
Bradshaw
Starr
Elway
Aikman
Warner (if he wins this one)
Roethlisberger (If he wins this one)

All I can think of off top of my head

Great story IMO. Esp considering he was just a grocery sacker.

Thig Lyfe
01-24-2009, 06:30 PM
100%

FringeNC
01-24-2009, 06:31 PM
If we are going to give up on Thigpen, and draft a QB early, it could possibly be a decent for him to be an understudy to Kurt Warner, especially given our ridiculous amount of cap space.

Two problems, though:

1) Kurt Warner wouldn't want to come here.
2) Contrary to most on here, I don't think Thigpen sucks.

Big Chief Homer
01-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Kurt Warner is either gonna get the 2 year extention he wants in Arizona or I really Believe he is going to retire.He had already contemplated retiring once this year,when Boldin got hurt.

If he gets that 2 year extention,someone else I think is gonna be looking to get out of there.Leinart has been a good soldier lately but I think that might put him over the edge.

CoMoChief
01-24-2009, 06:39 PM
If we are going to give up on Thigpen, and draft a QB early, it could possibly be a decent for him to be an understudy to Kurt Warner, especially given our ridiculous amount of cap space.

Two problems, though:

He doesn't suck and people on here would be praising Croyle on how well he's developed had he played as well as Thigpen had.

Though most people on here won't admit it.

KCChiefsMan
01-24-2009, 06:40 PM
I'd consider it. If we draft a QB round 1, do we want to plug him in immediately?

CrazyHorse
01-24-2009, 06:48 PM
It says I'm a prick. I came to terms with it a long time ago. Or to be more accurate, I have a low tolerance for stupid or mentally lazy people.

If you can give me reasonable answers to why we would want him, or why he would choose to leave a Superbowl team to be a bench warmer for the 3rd worst team in the league, I'll do my best to engage in a normal conversation. But as it stands, it seems like all you did was have a thought pop into your head, and create a thread about it, before actually taking a few seconds to consider the common sense of it.

Yea, I think it would be great to have him as our 2nd string. Maybe we can get Tom Brady to be 3rd string since apparently all it takes is some connection to someone from their prior team to make NFL players make completely idiotic career moves.

One could argue that to come to a conclusion that someone is stupid or mentally lazy after one post is stupid or perhaps mentally lazy in itself. In any event, thanks for telling me how smart you are. Otherwise I may have never known.

If you have low tolerance for stupid what the hell are you doing here? Are you new? Or just making excuses for being weak?

KCBOSS1
01-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Kurt Warner is either gonna get the 2 year extention he wants in Arizona or I really Believe he is going to retire.He had already contemplated retiring once this year,when Boldin got hurt.

If he gets that 2 year extention,someone else I think is gonna be looking to get out of there.Leinart has been a good soldier lately but I think that might put him over the edge.

You bring something out that I was really thinking reading this from the beginning.....

What about him bringing Boldin here......or do they hate each other given that little spat in the Championship Game? It would so crazy to see a Bowe/Boldin tandem....just sayin.

I do like Kurt Warner though. If we had an offensive line that could give him any time.....
I wouldn't even mind seeing Leinart come here. He may be looking for a new start as well.

Ebolapox
01-24-2009, 06:56 PM
I'd consider it. If we draft a QB round 1, do we want to plug him in immediately?

absolutely not. but: do you plug in warner (even if he DOES want to come here)? he was absolutely fragile in new york. he'll be behind an o-line where, likely, he'll get injured and we'll have to put in thiggy or the rookie ANYWAY, so why waste the roster space on warner?!? seems stupid.

theorangelion
01-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Warner yeah right

KCBOSS1
01-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey this is just fun, throw around the "what ifs", two open weeks with out football, fun time speculation banter. The initial line of the starter is "what is your opinion?"

I like the dude. But I think Arizona is his last stop. I personally think that this year is his last year. And to line up behind our line is like movin to concussionville for an older, non-mobile quarterback. He needs more than a 1.5 step .8 seconds drop.

The Bad Guy
01-24-2009, 07:23 PM
I hate this BS about how you can't put someone behind a fragile line. Have any of you seen the Cardinals line? Mike Gandy is their left tackle. Mike freaking Gandy. He was CUT by the Buffalo Bills 2 years ago.

The Cardinals line is one of the worst talent wise in the NFL.

theorangelion
01-24-2009, 07:25 PM
If he hangs a ring this year why he would he not retire short of love of the game.

Great Christian. Great Family Man. Class Dude no doubt. KC nahhh

Just ain't gonna happen great speculation though

KCBOSS1
01-24-2009, 07:33 PM
I hate this BS about how you can't put someone behind a fragile line. Have any of you seen the Cardinals line? Mike Gandy is their left tackle. Mike freaking Gandy. He was CUT by the Buffalo Bills 2 years ago.

Have you been watching chiefs games over the past few years? There's fragile then there's us. Fragile lines + Fragile quartebacks = 2-14 Seasons.

Ultra Peanut
01-24-2009, 07:35 PM
Yo MurphyYESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LAS VEGAS OUTLAWS REPRESENT

theorangelion
01-24-2009, 07:35 PM

Must Rebuild that O-Line to the former greatest we use to have. OT #1 pick Mike Oher

Ultra Peanut
01-24-2009, 07:47 PM
Must Rebuild that O-Line to the former greatest we use to have. OT #1 pick Mike Oher<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vAk2HjHSGbo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vAk2HjHSGbo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

theorangelion
01-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Your Point?

boogblaster
01-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Only as a back-up ... He could still come in a game and protect a lead ...

The Bad Guy
01-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Must Rebuild that O-Line to the former greatest we use to have. OT #1 pick Mike Oher

Someone should punch you in the face.

Herb Taylor could do a good job at RT for the Chiefs.

You DO NOT waste the 3rd pick in the draft on a RT.

blueballs
01-24-2009, 09:48 PM
It would be all about the coordinators
Herm might have seen competent
with Gailey and a decent D coordinator

cardken
01-24-2009, 10:45 PM

Two problems, though:

QFT! Thigpen is serviceable. It all starts in the trenches, bolster the Ol, then you can pass or run. I'm dead set against drafting a QB, as they are a bad risk. Millions of dollars on a "chance", might as well pick a color and number and bet 40 millions on that spin. Huge Gamble.

cardken
01-24-2009, 10:48 PM

Warner has two of the fastest WR's in the league, he does'nt need to hold the ball long. We don't have 2 top flight receivers. Lines matter huge, I'm not saying "waste" a third rounder on OLineman, but a QB is too much of a gamble. Build your line Free agency, trade, lower picks.ect.