PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sanchez vs. Stafford -- if I'm Pioli

CupidStunt
01-25-2009, 11:54 AM
They have similar physical ability, and debating them and their performances on the field in college is all people seem to do (largely with good reason).

I think the thing that gets lost is Pioli's beliefs, his mantra on how to build a football team; and more specifically what he looks for in players. From what I've seen and read, between the two I don't think there's any question that Sanchez is much closer to Peyton Manning in terms of his preperation, hard work, commitment, etc., and I also think he's closer to Johnny Unitas in terms of his leadership and on-field presence than Stafford.

In short, I think if given the choice right now Pioli would take Sanchez over Stafford without hesitation. I could be proven wrong, he might not have the option of one over the other if Detroit takes a QB, and heck he might pass on both if they're both available. It's all speculation, we know that.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-25-2009, 12:18 PM
I think the only thing that people can knock Sanchez on is that he started so few games. That doesn't bother me too much, so I'd love to have the guy.

StcChief
01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Pioli with Detroit, STL infront of him may not have a choice.....

I'm with you Sanchez seems like the better QB....

Smed1065
01-25-2009, 12:24 PM
UR not and thank god!

Frankie
01-25-2009, 12:24 PM
I think the only thing that people can knock Sanchez on is that he started so few games. That doesn't bother me too much, so I'd love to have the guy.

I much prefer him to Stafford at this point. If we actually get a good QB coach the intangibles will far outweigh the shortage of experience. A good system and coaching did wonders for Matt Cassell, didn't it?

DaWolf
01-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, if he really wants Sanchez, to see him trade down and still get Sanchez.

You're right, he bases it a lot more on actual body of work than just potential, then again that doesn't explain Matt Cassel.

A lot of it will depend on what type of QB the next head coach will be looking for as well.

Another issue is that right now, Pioli is stuck with the same scouting department Carl put in place, so he's going to have to rely on those guys to a large extent until he has time to put his own scouting department in place. So this draft may not end up being fully indicative of Pioli's ability to find talent, but it will give Pioli a sense of who is a good evaluator in the organization and who isn't...

MGRS13
01-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I want one of the two with our first pick, but I'm starting to get a feeling(based on nothing, no rumors, no Mort, no Schefter, just a feeling)that we are going to go offensive or defensive line. I really think Pioli would like to trade down just don't know if any body is willing to trade up.

Scorp
01-25-2009, 12:28 PM
I sincerely doubt that Pioli will even consider either of these guys.

pikesome
01-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Another issue is that right now, Pioli is stuck with the same scouting department Carl put in place, so he's going to have to rely on those guys to a large extent until he has time to put his own scouting department in place. So this draft may not end up being fully indicative of Pioli's ability to find talent, but it will give Pioli a sense of who is a good evaluator in the organization and who isn't...

I've got to think he's got info/opinions from more than just the KC Scouting Dept. NE has to have been looking at college players all season and he probably got other sources on speed-dial. Pioli seems to be the type who has a good idea of his decision (or at least a short list) before he needs to make it.

Danman
01-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Sanchez hands down because he's already been asked to read defenses, he's " big, strong, smart, tough". Pioli will not downgrade him for starting only 16 games. How many college starts did Brady have? How many for Cassel?

SAUTO
01-25-2009, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't be surprised, if he really wants Sanchez, to see him trade down and still get Sanchez.

You're right, he bases it a lot more on actual body of work than just potential, then again that doesn't explain Matt Cassel.

A lot of it will depend on what type of QB the next head coach will be looking for as well.

i would guess that pioli was working the talent evaluation part for the past few months with new england

Micjones
01-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I'll be happy with either of them.

This is the dawn of a new era.
New Head Coach.
Follow that up with a big investment into a franchise QB.

Frankie
01-25-2009, 12:44 PM
That has become my draft dream. Say Sanchez around 8 and another 2nd rounder to show for it.

Another issue is that right now, Pioli is stuck with the same scouting department Carl put in place, so he's going to have to rely on those guys to a large extent until he has time to put his own scouting department in place.
I think our scouting department has done a credible job in the last few years. I won't be surprised if Pioli keeps most of them.

Chiefnj2
01-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Sanchez hands down because he's already been asked to read defenses, he's " big, strong, smart, tough". Pioli will not downgrade him for starting only 16 games. How many college starts did Brady have? How many for Cassel?

Is a top 5 prospect going to sit on the bench for 3 years like Cassel did?

Brady started two full seasons.

milkman
01-25-2009, 12:50 PM
UR not and thank god!

The more you post, the more I find myself surprised that you haven't forgotten how to breathe.

theorangelion
01-25-2009, 12:54 PM
I want one of the two with our first pick, but I'm starting to get a feeling(based on nothing, no rumors, no Mort, no Schefter, just a feeling)that we are going to go offensive or defensive line. I really think Pioli would like to trade down just don't know if any body is willing to trade up.

He would be wise to trade down. If he could get another pick and move down and take OT, DE, or Lb it would be a good move.

Smed1065
01-25-2009, 12:56 PM
The more you post, the more I find myself surprised that you haven't forgotten how to breathe.

Wow, doesn't take much to surprise U.

Must humans breath through their mouth unlike you.

Guess its the same since you breath and talk from the same place.

theorangelion
01-25-2009, 01:00 PM

:bravo:

milkman
01-25-2009, 01:06 PM

Well, wherever I talk from, I can at least put coherent thoughts together.

I'd tell you to find a dictionary to look up the words you don't undersatnd, but I don't want you to have take the rest of the month trying to figure out what a dictianary is.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Neither, I try to trade down. Is 30-35mil of your cap $$ worth either of these 2 guys that are not a Marino,Elway, or P Manning?:shrug: Alot of people on this board act as if we don't get Stafford or Sanchez we are doomed again. Not so ! That is why Clark brought in Pioli. By all means if I thought Stafford or Sanchez were a Marino,Elway or P Manning type of player then YES! .

BigVE
01-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Haven't you heard? Thigpen already won/earned the starting QB job for next year.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2009, 01:18 PM

Your instincts are accurate because you are using your common sense here. 30-35mil to either one of these QBs who are not an Elway,Marino, or Peyton type player is a huge risk. Let some other org spend their $$ and we will take their picks and build dominating interior lines of offense and defense which is where the game is won or lost. With Pioli's reputation as a great personnel director hopefully he has started to sell(bluff) that #3 spot to those orgs that might bite to move up. Here's hoping Pioli play's some really good poker these next 2 1/2 mos :toast:so as to get more picks by trading down.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2009, 01:23 PM

Although your avatar 'boobs' are fake your instincts are real and accurate.:thumb:

KChiefs1
01-25-2009, 01:29 PM
Sanchez vs Stafford

Is this another Manning vs Leaf? I hope not....scary stuff.

FringeNC
01-25-2009, 01:32 PM
They have similar physical ability, and debating them and their performances on the field in college is all people seem to do (largely with good reason).

I think the thing that gets lost is Pioli's beliefs, his mantra on how to build a football team; and more specifically what he looks for in players. From what I've seen and read, between the two I don't think there's any question that Sanchez is much closer to Peyton Manning in terms of his preperation, hard work, commitment, etc., and I also think he's closer to Johnny Unitas in terms of his leadership and on-field presence than Stafford.

In short, I think if given the choice right now Pioli would take Sanchez over Stafford without hesitation. I could be proven wrong, he might not have the option of one over the other if Detroit takes a QB, and heck he might pass on both if they're both available. It's all speculation, we know that.

I'm not convinced he's taking either one of them, but if he is, your analysis is spot-on, in my opinion.

kcxiv
01-25-2009, 01:33 PM

Cassel and Brady were alot less risky picks. This will be a huge huge thing for Pioli. He has to get this right.

eazyb81
01-25-2009, 01:35 PM
i would guess that pioli was working the talent evaluation part for the past few months with new england

Of course he has. Teams will start preparing for the 2010 draft the day after the 2009 draft is completed.

chiefzilla1501
01-25-2009, 01:43 PM
It could depend on who we hire. I think Haley would prefer Stafford, Shanahan would prefer Sanchez. Pasqualoni, who knows... that would depend on who he chooses for a coordinator. Gruden would prefer Sanchez, as he has some similarities to Jeff Garcia (but with a much stronger arm). If it's Cowher (which it probably won't be), I think it could be Sanchez too because he has a little more pocket mobility.

Danman
01-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Neither, I try to trade down. Is 30-35mil of your cap $$ worth either of these 2 guys that are not a Marino,Elway, or P Manning?

How do you know this? If, after all the scouting combines and player workouts one of these is number one on your board-you take him. The $30-35 mil (I think it will actually be more) is the current cost of doing business with a top 5 pick. The cap hit is spread out over the length of the contract-probably 5 years. We have one of the best cap people in the league. They'll structure the cap hit.

If you're convinced one of these is a franchise QB you take him because it gives you more opportunity to be successful for a longer period of time. Then you build a defense to stop the other teams' franchise QB from having success against you.

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2009, 01:49 PM
We have the LT and WR in place, lets get the QB. Very similar to the Colts, they had Harrison and Glenn then got Manning. We got Bowe and Albert. Take the QB, I dont know why everyone is so freaking scared of a QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 01:56 PM
Well, wherever I talk from, I can at least put coherent thoughts together.

I'd tell you to find a dictionary to look up the words you don't undersatnd, but I don't want you to have take the rest of the month trying to figure out what a dictianary is.

Looks like we've got a f1rst-weak and a 5-year bag o' douche water that could use "the business".
Just let me know when you're ready.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2009, 01:57 PM
We have the LT and WR in place, lets get the QB. Very similar to the Colts, they had Harrison and Glenn then got Manning. We got Bowe and Albert. Take the QB, I dont know why everyone is so freaking scared of a QB.

With all due respect: A smith, T Couch, D Carr, Akili smith, R Leaf, C Mcnown, etc....that is scratching the surface, I could go on and on far more than 1st rdrs that have hit.

But I do get your point.

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2009, 01:58 PM
With all due respect: A smith, T Couch, D Carr, Akili smith, R Leaf, C Mcnown, etc....that is scratching the surface, I could go on and on far more than 1st rdrs that have hit.

But I do get your point.

Top 5 QBs its around 67% that hit. From 1970 to 2005.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2009, 01:59 PM
How do you know this? If, after all the scouting combines and player workouts one of these is number one on your board-you take him. The $30-35 mil (I think it will actually be more) is the current cost of doing business with a top 5 pick. The cap hit is spread out over the length of the contract-probably 5 years. We have one of the best cap people in the league. They'll structure the cap hit.

If you're convinced one of these is a franchise QB you take him because it gives you more opportunity to be successful for a longer period of time. Then you build a defense to stop the other teams' franchise QB from having success against you.

Okay 38-42 mil

Chiefshrink
01-25-2009, 02:03 PM

Okay, let's just round it up to 70% Has 70% hit these last 10-15yrs? Do the math on the last 15yrs and if it is above 60% then I will feel better about us taking Sanchez.

Frankie
01-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Sanchez vs Stafford

LMAO

I have said this before (not based on anything but just gut feeling), Stafford reminds me of Leaf. That leaves Sanchez to play the Manning part in your comparison.

In reality though, IMO Stafford is not as bad as Leaf and Sanchez not as good as Peyton.

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2009, 02:21 PM
Okay, let's just round it up to 70% Has 70% hit these last 10-15yrs? Do the math on the last 15yrs and if it is above 60% then I will feel better about us taking Sanchez.

Shuler
McNair
Collins
Manning
Leaf
Couch
McNabb
Smith
Vick
Carr
Harrington
Palmer
Manning
Rivers
Smith
Young
Russell
Ryan

I still say its too early to judge Vince Young, Russell, and Ryan. The 1999 and 2002 drafts really screw up the averages with 2 busts coming out of them.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 02:22 PM

Pioli with Detroit, STL infront of him may not have a choice.....

I'm with you Sanchez seems like the better QB....

You two are cool! Massive approval rating!

UR not and thank god!

Did anybody tell you to take that dick out of your mouth and talk? No.

I much prefer him to Stafford at this point. If we actually get a good QB coach the intangibles will far outweigh the shortage of experience. A good system and coaching did wonders for Matt Cassell, didn't it?

The skill-set is unmatched. You won't see better this year OR next year; pull the trigger.

Booooo!!!! More boobies, less yak-yak! (I kid, I kid) Sad thing is; you're probably right.

And Danman's stock just keeps on rising! Montalbon!:thumb:

True, but he was doing so with an eye on New England's needs and New England's system. There could be some cross over though, so good point.

I'll be happy with either of them.

This is the dawn of a new era.
New Head Coach.
Follow that up with a big investment into a franchise QB.

Very Diplomatic. Also very true.

That has become my draft dream. Say Sanchez around 8 and another 2nd rounder to show for it.

I think our scouting department has done a credible job in the last few years. I won't be surprised if Pioli keeps most of them.

Maybe Herm demanded that Carl actually LISTEN to them for once. No one here is a Herm fan. That said, I give all Corner-credit to Herm; it's the one thing he knew, did right, and we're better for it.

Neither, I try to trade down. Is 30-35mil of your cap $$ worth either of these 2 guys that are not a Marino,Elway, or P Manning?:shrug: Alot of people on this board act as if we don't get Stafford or Sanchez we are doomed again. Not so ! That is why Clark brought in Pioli. By all means if I thought Stafford or Sanchez were a Marino,Elway or P Manning type of player then YES! .

It's hard for me to knock a man who reveres Patton. On the other hand, Patton knew what the fuck he was doing.
Why don't you? 10 Demerits!

Cassel and Brady were alot less risky picks. This will be a huge huge thing for Pioli. He has to get this right.

He will. This is the best shot we're probably ever going to have under Pioli. When the wins start coming, the Chiefs move further down the pecking order and will more than likely be there for a long time to come. We're in a cycle of the young, up and coming QB right now. It's time for the Chiefs to hop the train.

It could depend on who we hire. I think Haley would prefer Stafford, Shanahan would prefer Sanchez. Pasqualoni, who knows... that would depend on who he chooses for a coordinator. Gruden would prefer Sanchez, as he has some similarities to Jeff Garcia (but with a much stronger arm). If it's Cowher (which it probably won't be), I think it could be Sanchez too because he has a little more pocket mobility.

Interesting. I would have thought the other way around. I see more Warner in Sanchez(albeit a hell of a lot sharper and faster)than I do in Stafford. Conversely, I see more Elway in Stafford than Sanchez.
But, maybe both coaches would covet a change.

Both will be great, of that I have no doubt. The major difference is that Matt will take a while longer to develop. Which, for an NFL career that could span one and a half decades, is not necessarily a bad thing.

King_Chief_Fan
01-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Sanchez has 16 starts as a college QB. Not NFL material yet. The only reason he came out this year is due to no others coming out. If he waited until next year he would be a 3rd rounder.

We pass on a first round QB this year. Next year with out top 3 pick we can grab one fromt he whole gaggle that will be available.

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Sanchez has 16 starts as a college QB. Not NFL material yet. The only reason he came out this year is due to no others coming out. If he waited until next year he would be a 3rd rounder.

We pass on a first round QB this year. Next year with out top 3 pick we can grab one fromt he whole gaggle that will be available.

:LOL:

Brock
01-25-2009, 02:28 PM

You've caught the tard virus.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 02:29 PM

"The bad news is, all we got for dinner is horseshit". The good news is; there's plenty of it".

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 02:33 PM

LOT of that goin' around.

Both guys have exceptional skills. I'd like to see Sanchez for the immediate fire and leadership, but Stafford seems to promise a level of long-term performance and growth that is just as exciting.

I've been very preferential to Sanchez, but I will be honestly happy with either.

King_Chief_Fan
01-25-2009, 02:35 PM
yup, I need to quit reading your posts

Brock
01-25-2009, 02:36 PM

Sure, because I often fail at logic the way that you just did.

"He doesn't have enough starts to be drafted in the first round, but if he stayed in college and got more starts he'd be a third rounder"

Look at this. Look at how stupid that is.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 02:38 PM

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/8b08bae3.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 02:39 PM

"He doesn't have enough starts to be drafted in the first round, but if he stayed in college and got more starts he'd be a third rounder"

This Sunday could be shaping up in to a monumental, multi-user beat down!
Baaaad day to pick a fight, what with no football on.

King_Chief_Fan
01-25-2009, 02:42 PM

lighten up sally....you get your undies in a bunch awful quick.

His own coach says he isn't first rounder. You know Sanchez falls below Tebow and Bradford if waited to come when they do.

OnTheWarpath15
01-25-2009, 02:45 PM

His own coach says he isn't first rounder. You know Sanchez fall sbelow Tebow and Bradford if waited to come when they do.

His own coach is butthurt that he left him with Mitch Mustain to make a NC run next year.

People that get paid to do this for a living all say he's a Top 10 pick, and several are saying he could go before Stafford - and definitely Top 3.

I'm no Mel Kiper Jr. fan, but I'll take the word of professionals like him and McShay over the word of Pete fucking Carroll.

FringeNC
01-25-2009, 02:46 PM

His own coach says he isn't first rounder. You know Sanchez falls below Tebow and Bradford if waited to come when they do.

Bradford -- maybe

Tebow -- WTF?

Brock
01-25-2009, 02:46 PM

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 02:48 PM

His own coach says he isn't first rounder. You know Sanchez fall sbelow Tebow and Bradford if waited to come when they do.

ROFL

You're gonna' base that on "Pissy" Pete Carroll? The Coach who's just pissed because he needed his Golden God to carry USC through the coming defensive transition?

Tebow?!?!?!!?ROFL You think he went back to school for the "love"?!?!?

You think Bradford went back to "take another shot at the title"?!?!?ROFL

Reality Check:

When someone of NFL-Clout whispers in your ear, "you're not ready, and you won't get top billing"? Ya' better fuckin' listen.

SCTrojan
01-25-2009, 02:57 PM

Carroll never said he wasn't a first rounder. He said that it didn't work out for a high percentage of guys who come out with a limited amount of starts.

EyePod
01-25-2009, 04:30 PM
I always remembering him saying that we're not always going to take the "most talented guy, we're going to take the best fit." I love this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I always remembering him saying that we're not always going to take the "most talented guy, we're going to take the best fit." I love this.

Good thing there are two "best fits" to choose from, yes? :p

teedubya
01-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't want you to have take the rest of the month trying to figure out what a dictianary is.

If you are gonna dog on someone's intelligence... it's best to spell the word that you are making your "point" with, correctly.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Hey don't laugh at Tebow he may be our next Chris Cooley or Dallas Clark type player.

Chiefshrink
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
If we do take Sanchez this is what bothers me is he looks rather frail and skinny to take an NFL hit. Ala Brokie Croyle syndrome. You guys follow it closer than I do; can this guy take a hit? At least Stafford looks like he can take a hit.

royr17
01-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Pass. Im more interested in the Chiefs going after someone like Tom Brandstater in the 6th round. I feel that guy will be a good QB.

He's big and tall and he's accuarate.

58-4ever
01-25-2009, 04:55 PM
If we do take Sanchez this is what bothers me is he looks rather frail and skinny to take an NFL hit. Ala Brokie Croyle syndrome. You guys follow it closer than I do; can this guy take a hit? At least Stafford looks like he can take a hit.

:shake:

58-4ever
01-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Pass. Im more interested in the Chiefs going after someone like Tom Brandstater in the 6th round. I feel that guy will be a good QB.

He's big and tall and he's accuarate.

:rolleyes::shake::doh!::spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 04:56 PM

Yes he can, and has taken hits without fliching or pussing out because of it.

He is not a Croyle. Croyle had a fucking laundry-list of injuries before he ever donned a Chiefs jersey.

KCChiefsMan
01-25-2009, 04:57 PM
you know, I'd be happy with either one. The little that I've seen of both, Sanchez has always looked better to me. But I haven't really seen enough of them to be dead set on one

royr17

Im just saying, Pioli is more likely to go for the late round gems. Ala Brady and Cassell. Brandstater can be a good pro QB. With Thiggy, Croyle, and Gray, they may not take a QB until the later rounds.

Sweet Daddy Hate

Sounds like an insurance salesman to me. Perhaps he and Harrell have a future business partnership?

Mmm...quite so.

58-4ever
01-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Im just saying, Pioli is more likely to go for the late round gems. Ala Brady and Cassell. Brandstater can be a good pro QB. With Thiggy, Croyle, and Gray, they may not take a QB until the later rounds.

Yeah, because we can afford to go into 09 with those three and a sixth rounder.

milkman
01-25-2009, 05:06 PM

Yeah, cause every time he drafted a 6th or 7th round QB, the Patriots were in dire need of a QB.

Mecca
01-25-2009, 05:40 PM
QB fear it is heavy....

And Sanchez being frail lol, here's a guy who literally hangs in and takes hits to make throws and weighs nearly 230lbs.

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 05:45 PM
QB fear it is heavy....

And Sanchez being frail lol, here's a guy who literally hangs in and takes hits to make throws and weighs nearly 230lbs.

Exactly. Too small.

If we don't fix our line, the only QB worth drafting is Freeman. 250 lbs might be able to survive. /CP/

the Talking Can
01-25-2009, 05:54 PM
I want to light myself on fire listening to kc fans talk about the QB position.

Not sure I'll make it through the 1000 fear laden threads we'll see before the draft.

We could lose for another 20 years, and we'd still have the same exact responses when it comes to drafting a QB.

"Oh noes it riskee...and we have teh Thigpen!...if he ain't Brasky we should took Harell in the 11th, run Wing-P...Pioli only uses 6th round picks, he trade rest...all everbody need is uber-RT + 4 more 1st round OL men...what about trading down for xtra fullbacks to block for Tebow?"

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 05:59 PM
I want to light myself on fire listening to kc fans talk about the QB position.

Not sure I'll make it through the 1000 fear laden threads we'll see before the draft.

We could lose for another 20 years, and we'd still have the same exact responses when it comes to drafting a QB.

"Oh noes it riskee...and we have teh Thigpen!...if he ain't Brasky we should took Harell in the 11th, run Wing-P...Pioli only uses 6th round picks, he trade rest...all everbody need is uber-RT + 4 more 1st round OL men...what about trading down for xtra fullbacks to block for Tebow?"

Imagine the response when we actually draft Stafford or Sanchez and he fails.

And some of us are calling for the team to draft another QB with a first-round selection.

Strong the butthurt will be.

beach tribe
01-25-2009, 06:09 PM

You're the kind of person who will always doubt a college QBs chances of being an Elway, or Marino. Make no mistake, these two are legitimate top 5 PROSPECTS.

Also, where the hell do you get 30-35 mil of cap space?

the Talking Can
01-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Imagine the response when we actually draft Stafford or Sanchez and he fails.

And some of us are calling for the team to draft another QB with a first-round selection.

Strong the butthurt will be.

trust me, i've thought about it....ape shit X 1000

because obviously the Ravens shouldn't have taken Flacco after drafting Boller...or the Falcons shouldn't have taken Ryan after Vick...or the Chargers shouldn't have taken Rivers after Leaf and Brees...or...

Deberg_1990
01-25-2009, 06:13 PM

ROFL

I wish i didnt have to laugh at that. But your spot on.

Tribal Warfare
01-25-2009, 06:14 PM
trust me, i've thought about it....ape shit X 1000

because obviously the Ravens shouldn't have taken Flacco after drafting Boller...or the Falcons shouldn't have taken Ryan after Vick...or the Chargers shouldn't have taken Rivers after Leaf and Brees...or...

or the Colts shouldn't have drafted Manning because of Jeff George

the Talking Can
01-25-2009, 06:15 PM

+100 points for you

North Dakota Chief
01-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Both football and business wise, Sanchez is the right choice. The Latino population in Kansas City desperately needs an icon they can look up to. With the influx of Latinos into this country, the Chiefs could become one of the NFL's marquee five franchises with a chicano superstar.

Many chicanos I know already sport red to represent their turf. The Chiefs are a natural fit.

Mecca
01-25-2009, 06:36 PM
Numerous organizations have shown the balls to take a top 5 QB see him fail and then draft another one, we watched a long shot 3rd round QB fail and people act like that was it not again.

Hell about Cincy should Akili Smith have scared them away from Palmer?

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Numerous organizations have shown the balls to take a top 5 QB see him fail and then draft another one, we watched a long shot 3rd round QB fail and people act like that was it not again.

And, again, this is one reason why I'm so optimistic about the Pioli hiring. Dude keeps firing draft picks on QB's, even though he had one of the two best in the league.

And I don't want to hear any shit about later-round selections. That's b/c the pick that was playing when he arrived was 1/1. Brady was fucking gravy.

And when he blossomed there was no need to invest a really high pick.

But by all means, I look forward to reading all the "he just needs to find another Brady in the 6th" posts between now and the draft.

North Dakota Chief
01-25-2009, 06:42 PM

It wasn't like Croyle failed either. He had some 1st round talent, he just couldn't stay healthy. The same problem that plagued him at Alabama.

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 06:43 PM
It wasn't like Croyle failed either. He had some 1st round talent, he just couldn't stay healthy. The same problem that plagued him at Alabama.

And this means he (and the organization that was so fucking stupid to put its faith in him) failed.

Mecca
01-25-2009, 06:44 PM
The way Croyle turned out was basically what most people thought would happen to him...if you played the Brodie Croyle odds his odds played out to be true.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Yeah, cause every time he drafted a 6th or 7th round QB, the Patriots were in dire need of a QB.

And there it was. All that really needed to be said. REP!

QB fear it is heavy....

Mmm...Boston had their "Ghost Curse", and apparently so do we in the form of Todd Blackledge. Time to Exorcise, me thinks.

Now:

I could have stopped right here, but the bait is just too juicy!

Exactly. Too small.

If we don't fix our line, the only QB worth drafting is Freeman. 250 lbs might be able to survive. /CP/

:doh!: Your Unholy Alliance with Wendler regarding Shannarat is seeping in to other areas; you need to kick the habit.

Nice, nice...moving right along.

Both football and business wise, Sanchez is the right choice. The Latino population in Kansas City desperately needs an icon they can look up to. With the influx of Latinos into this country, the Chiefs could become one of the NFL's marquee five franchises with a chicano superstar.

Many chicanos I know already sport red to represent their turf. The Chiefs are a natural fit.

I'm not sure where to go with this one, so I won't.

Mecca
01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
And there it was. All that really needed to be said. REP!

Mmm...Boston had their "Ghost Curse", and apparently so do we in the form of Todd Blackledge. Time to Exorcise, me thinks.

Now:

I could have stopped right here, but the bait is just too juicy!

:doh!: Your Unholy Alliance with Wendler regarding Shannarat is seeping in to other areas; you need to kick the habit.

Nice, nice...moving right along.

I'm not sure where to go with this one, so I won't.

Well he has somewhat of a point, Mark Sanchez will almost immediately have a huge following and move a ton of jerseys right away, he has a major following in LA already...a starting QB of Mexican decent in the NFL would make him a major figure to the latino population.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Well he has somewhat of a point, Mark Sanchez will almost immediately have a huge following and move a ton of jerseys right away, he has a major following in LA already...a starting QB of Mexican decent in the NFL would make him a major figure to the latino population.

And that's why I let YOU take the lead.

beach tribe
01-25-2009, 06:55 PM

I'm gonna buy that MFers jersey immediately after he is drafted......if we draft him.

I also think that if we draft him Tony G. is going to want to stick around, and help develop the 1st ever SB winning QB of the latino flavor.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 06:55 PM

He was another "Peterson Blue Light Special"; the guy was racked with injuries before he even signed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 06:58 PM
I'm gonna buy that MFers jersey immediately after he is drafted......if we draft him.

I also think that if we draft him Tony G. is going to want to stick around, and help develop the 1st ever SB winning QB of the latino flavor.

Without a doubt. Though I'm not sure I'd want "The Gonzales Real Deal" stamp of approval to curse the young man...

Now, are you gonna' buy the first-round "#1" jersey, or the "#6" roster model?

Or both?

beach tribe
01-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Without a doubt. Though I'm not sure I'd want "The Gonzales Real Deal" stamp of approval to curse the young man...

Now, are you gonna' buy the first-round "#1" jersey, or the "#6" roster model?

Or both?

I'm gonna get the 6 I believe.

ChiefsCountry
01-25-2009, 07:04 PM

Jefes de Ciudad de Kansas

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna get the 6 I believe.

Excellent. I gotta' go with the #1 due to the Historical Significance as it relates to Mark, and as it relates Clark and Scott taking over, using that first-round to do the right thing, and moving this franchise forward in to a New Day.

Is it April yet?:toast:

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 07:08 PM

With time, you'll learn to embrace sarcasm.

And I have no idea where you're getting this idea about the Rat. I'm not anti, but I'm not a huge proponent, either.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 07:10 PM
With time, you'll learn to embrace sarcasm.

And I have no idea where you're getting this idea about the Rat. I'm not anti, but I'm not a huge proponent, either.

I caught the sarcasm on the latter post. My apologies.

Also, I had you confused with Reerun; extra-special apologies there.

DeezNutz
01-25-2009, 07:12 PM
I caught the sarcasm on the latter post. My apologies.

Also, I had you confused with Reerun; extra-special apologies there.

No worries.

Saul Good
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Sanchez vs Stafford

Somebody has to say it, so I will. We should all pray that this is another Manning vs Leaf. If it is, that means that there is a 50% chance that the Chiefs will be drafting one of the 5 best QBs of all time.

I'll take those odds every time.

Saul Good
01-25-2009, 08:12 PM

A good system and coaching were fine and dandy, but it didn't hurt that he had the New England Patriots playing around him. I don't get the infatuation with this guy. He took over a team and won 5 fewer games than the guy did the year before. How is that great?

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 08:18 PM
A good system and coaching were fine and dandy, but it didn't hurt that he had the New England Patriots playing around him. I don't get the infatuation with this guy. He took over a team and won 5 fewer games than the guy did the year before. How is that great?

If we're going by that logic, we wait for Tebow.

Which is ludicrous.

Saul Good
01-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Your instincts are accurate because you are using your common sense here. 30-35mil to either one of these QBs who are not an Elway,Marino, or Peyton type player is a huge risk. Let some other org spend their $$ and we will take their picks and build dominating interior lines of offense and defense which is where the game is won or lost. With Pioli's reputation as a great personnel director hopefully he has started to sell(bluff) that #3 spot to those orgs that might bite to move up. Here's hoping Pioli play's some really good poker these next 2 1/2 mos :toast:so as to get more picks by trading down.

I don't follow your logic here. I would assume that you want Pioli to build a team similar to what he did in New England. In 2007, he put what may be the best football team of all time on the field. The team went 16-0 in the regular season.

This year, they lost their great QB. The new QB played, by most accounts, at a reasonably high level. The team missed the playoffs.

Think about what this means. The difference between Tom Brady and an average to good QB was the difference between possibly the best team of all time and a team that missed the playoffs.

How can anyone look at what happened to Pioli's last team and not see how important the QB position really is?

Coogs
01-25-2009, 08:41 PM
We have one of the best cap people in the league.

I don't know if this has been brought up on here before, but I was watching Frank Boal do the Sports on Fox4 news the night Herm was fired. They also said Piolii wants to bring in a new guy to be in charge of handling the cap.

Carry on with the Stafford/Sanchez debate.

Danman
01-25-2009, 09:59 PM
I don't know if this has been brought up on here before, but I was watching Frank Boal do the Sports on Fox4 news the night Herm was fired. They also said Piolii wants to bring in a new guy to be in charge of handling the cap.

Carry on with the Stafford/Sanchez debate.

Hadn't heard that one Coogs. Worth keepin my ear open

Danman
01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Somebody has to say it, so I will. We should all pray that this is another Manning vs Leaf. If it is, that means that there is a 50% chance that the Chiefs will be drafting one of the 5 best QBs of all time.

I'll take those odds every time.

Maybe it will be more like Manning (Eli), Rivers and Big Ben. Just because one becomes good doesn't mean the other has to suck

Chiefnj2
01-25-2009, 10:34 PM

Any of those 67% start less than 20 collegiate games?

Mecca
01-25-2009, 10:40 PM
How many games did Roethlisberger start I know it wasn't that many.

Ebolapox
01-25-2009, 10:50 PM
How many games did Roethlisberger start I know it wasn't that many.

erm, he started three years at miami (ohio)

Frankie
01-25-2009, 11:28 PM

Nobody is claiming that Cassell = Brady. But he certainly was not the dud everyone predicted. The point was good coaching made a QB out of him.

beach tribe
01-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I don't follow your logic here. I would assume that you want Pioli to build a team similar to what he did in New England. In 2007, he put what may be the best football team of all time on the field. The team went 16-0 in the regular season.

This year, they lost their great QB. The new QB played, by most accounts, at a reasonably high level. The team missed the playoffs.

Think about what this means. The difference between Tom Brady and an average to good QB was the difference between possibly the best team of all time and a team that missed the playoffs.

How can anyone look at what happened to Pioli's last team and not see how important the QB position really is?

Now this post right here says it all. 100% correct. Bravo sir.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Nobody is claiming that Cassell = Brady. But he certainly was not the dud everyone predicted. The point was good coaching made a QB out of him.

Mmm...yes.

Brock
01-26-2009, 08:19 AM

Yeah, we need to be better represented among the gang turf AK-47 crowd.

the Talking Can
01-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Nobody is claiming that Cassell = Brady.

just for the historical record, but hootie has made exactly that claim...repeatedly...

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah, we need to be better represented among the gang turf AK-47 crowd.

Hey, if it kills the sales of Oakland swag, I'm all for it.

Hootie
01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
just for the historical record, but hootie has made exactly that claim...repeatedly...

Not true.

I said Cassell proves that Brady is just a part of the system, not THE system, like Peyton Manning.

Sweet Daddy Hate
01-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Not true.

I said Cassell proves that Brady is just a part of the system, not THE system, like Peyton Manning.

And the Patriots play off season this year proves....wait. :doh!:

OnTheWarpath15
01-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Not true.

In 14 career appearances for the Colts, Jim Sorgi has a 63.5 completion percentage, averaging 9.38 yards per completion, and has a 6/1 TD/INT ratio - along with a career 89.9 QB rating.

Jim Sorgi must be REALLY GOOD at running Peyton Manning's system.